Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Cue points playback

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Rane SL4
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Dj Nad 7:59 AM - 5 February, 2014
Hello,
just installed the serato dj 1.6 yesterday to try it at the club where I play & we are equipped with Rane SL4 that is connected to 2 pioneer CDJ 2000 nexus with pioneer DJM 900 nexus,
I've been on serato scratch for a long time now with no problem, but I discovered these issues that I need help with :
1- when I load a track to virtual player 1 or 2 it will load on the first cue as it's supposed to do & I push play it will start sometimes from that cue point & sometimes from a different point where is no cue saved & sometimes it loads in the middle of the song & rarely start from the cue point 1 like it suppose to do, knowing that I hit the number 1 button on my keyboard to bring it back to cue point one each time & when I push play it doesn't start from that cue point, it always start before or after that saved cue point,,,
2-I also noticed that THERE IS NO FORWARD OR REWIND buttons also no cue to beginning button on the virtual player like in serato scratch so how can I adjust a new cue point to a new song while I'm in my active set & on REL mode???
in my set up I have the option "play from start" activated also "play from first cue point" activated,
I'm not using auto sync , so sync is off.
primary decks 1 & 2
I bought also pitch n time plugin & it's activated.
I hope it's not a bug in your new software coz we've been looking forward to use it,
thank you
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:57 AM - 5 February, 2014
Why are you not using the CDJ 2000s in HID mode? they will work much better!

REL mode is buggy in 1.6.0

i would connect usb cable to the cdj2000s and run them in HID!

Also in settings you have the options to load from start of track - from first cue point make sure both of those are ticket.
Dj Nad 12:40 PM - 5 February, 2014
Hello Again,
I have both options on "load from start" & from "first cue'
we already have the CDJ 2000 nexus installed so can't change this & we have to go forward not backwards.
I don't want to run through usb cables coz I have to use my Rane SL4 and on my MacBook pro 13" we have only 2 usb ports,
wanna know now why it doesn't work like the serato scratch 2.5 , that simple !!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:52 PM - 5 February, 2014
Ok cool thats double checked them settings.

Using cdj2000 without usb is very limiting! yes one usb on mac for sl-4 then the other get a usb hub plug both players in trust me you will love it more!!! way way better than using timecode.

Watchwww.youtube.com (i know this is with scratchlive but they work same with SDJ.)

But if you really want to use timecode....

Quote:

also no cue to beginning button on the virtual player like in serato scratch so how can I adjust a new cue point to a new song while I'm in my active set & on REL mode???

Sorry can you explain this as i have no idea what you are on about?

Quote:

-I also noticed that THERE IS NO FORWARD OR REWIND

This is true but as a work around just click the waveform to move through the track?

Quote:

1- when I load a track to virtual player 1 or 2 it will load on the first cue as it's supposed to do & I push play it will start sometimes from that cue point & sometimes from a different point where is no cue saved & sometimes it loads in the middle of the song & rarely start from the cue point 1 like it suppose to do

This should work fine and i have not seen this issue how ever you could be getting the REL mode bug does this sound more like your issue?

So, steps to reproduce are:
1. REL mode selected.
2. Load a track to the deck.
3. Scroll forward in the track 20 or so seconds.
4. Create a Serato DJ CUE point on the virtual deck.
5. Press the CUE button on the CDJ so you are at the beginning of the timecode CD.
6. Now press the CDJ play button from this Serato DJ cue point.

Result: Every now and then it will trigger from before / after the cue point.

Cheers.
Dj Nad 1:16 PM - 5 February, 2014
thank you for your advices,
-what I meant by cue to the beginning is the button to bring you back to the begging of the song and not the the first cue memory , will attach a photo now,
-the work around you are suggesting it's not practical , coz I need to get to a specific point on that wave & with mouse you can't be precise , why do they took off that option that we are used to it in the serato scratch live,
I really wanna use my time code cds & be able to load tracks & play from my laptop as is drag & drop , plus adding a hub is really more wiring and will block some features that I have when playing back to back with another dj using traktor or usb keys.
how can they bring out serato dj with REL mode buggy on 1.6.0 sometimes you go to play in places that have an old cdjs or cdj 2000 not updated with firmware so u get stuck, time code & REL mode are more reliable .
I tried the solution with adding another cue point at 20 sec in the track but same prob.
thank you for your support but we need a real software solution.
1:17 PM, 5 Feb 2014
Dj Nad attached a file: photo.JPG
View· Permalink
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:26 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:

-the work around you are suggesting it's not practical , coz I need to get to a specific point on that wave & with mouse you can't be precise , why do they took off that option that we are used to it in the serato scratch live,

Good point, i guess because not much people used it? again if you use HID mode there is the search buttons on the CDJ2000.

Quote:

-what I meant by cue to the beginning is the button to bring you back to the begging of the song and not the the first cue memory , will attach a photo now,

i can't see the pic only serato staff but i think you mean the previous track button, in ssl it would one one press put you back to the start of the track.
+1 i also miss this in SDJ. they took it out in one of the sdj versions can't remember which one.

Quote:

time code & REL mode are more reliable .

hmm not true hid is way better.

i understand not all cdjs have the correct firmware but if you have time to update just bring a mem stick to gigs.
Quote:

plus adding a hub is really more wiring and will block some features that I have when playing back to back with another dj using traktor or usb keys.

Not sure how? you get LOADS more features with HID than Using timecode!
or do you mean if another dj is using the usb leads on the cdjs? if so then yes you wouldnt be able to.

Quote:

how can they bring out serato dj with REL mode buggy on 1.6.0

i'm with you on this!!!

Looks like you will have to use SSL untill the issues you have are sorted.
Dj Nad 1:27 PM - 5 February, 2014
also the pitch N time that I bought will work as a plugin for the serato scratch 2.5 or not & what is the equivalent ?
thank you
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:28 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
also the pitch N time that I bought will work as a plugin for the serato scratch 2.5 or not & what is the equivalent ?
thank you

No only SDJ 1.6.0 and above.

Use the normal Key Lock in SSL.
Dj Nad 1:29 PM - 5 February, 2014
ok thank you very much , u must be on the tech team at serato :)
do you work there ?
Dj Nad 1:30 PM - 5 February, 2014
let's wait for the official geniuses to fix that bug and will keep this post open till they find a solution , cheers
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:31 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
ok thank you very much , u must be on the tech team at serato :)
do you work there ?

i wish lol, Nope just a bit of a tech geek! been helping Serato djs out for years so jump in when i can and offer help when the Serato/Rane guys are busy.
Dj Nad 1:32 PM - 5 February, 2014
thx champ really appreciated
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:33 PM - 5 February, 2014
Not sure if you tried the BETA at all so you probably don't have access to it but here is the original bug report for the rel mode bug --> serato.com
Dj Nad 1:37 PM - 5 February, 2014
haha no don't like beta coz of bugs :)))
Dj Nad 1:38 PM - 5 February, 2014
ahhh I see so they have the same problem , track doesn't start from the cue point , and they didn't fix it , nice job serato
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:39 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
haha no don't like beta coz of bugs :)))

and the final release doesn't??? The reason all these bugs are in final releases is because no one tests the betas these days.

Obviously you wouldn't use a beta out live but at home you should defo give them a try!
Dj Nad 1:48 PM - 5 February, 2014
yeah but I see you and others reported it from January , I understand it was a beta but they have no excuse to release an official version 1.6.0 where they still have the same issue while they know about it way ahead , and we payed for that software to expect a result not to go back using ssl , I think I will ask for a refund until they fix it.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:50 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
yeah but I see you and others reported it from January , I understand it was a beta but they have no excuse to release an official version 1.6.0 where they still have the same issue while they know about it way ahead , and we payed for that software to expect a result not to go back using ssl , I think I will ask for a refund until they fix it.

SDJ Was FREE! Yes but it was a very low number of people if there had been more people they 'might' of got it fixed.

i hope they get it fixed for 1.6.1

i just scratch tracks in as a workaround for now.
Dj Nad 1:53 PM - 5 February, 2014
didn't know was free and they had an offer for xmas 99$ with serato video so I got it, plus 29$ for pitch n time, witch I can't use due to serato dj lol
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:55 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
didn't know was free and they had an offer for xmas 99$ with serato video so I got it, plus 29$ for pitch n time, witch I can't use due to serato dj lol

Well least you got Serato Video cheap and Serato dj INTRO basically for free!

ya i here ya.
Dj Nad 2:02 PM - 5 February, 2014
never downloaded serato intro is it good ?
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:17 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
never downloaded serato intro is it good ?

No lol But you now have the SDJ Upgrade so you can use any of the Serato INTRO controllers.
Dj Nad 2:23 PM - 5 February, 2014
ah lol I know what you mean but no need for that hehehe, I'm a square kind of guy need something simple that will work with no glitch, not into controlers from numark or pioneer etc... old school dj , prefer to go back to technics turntables better ;)
Serato, Support
David Wood 1:48 AM - 7 February, 2014
Hey Dj Nad,

Thanks for getting in touch. Cheers again LJ_WOOLSEY you da man!
Yeah so this is a bit of a known issue. We are working on getting the CDJ's to function correctly within Serato DJ, we hope to bring fixes in a future release.

Regards
Dave W
Dj Nad 7:49 AM - 7 February, 2014
thank you for your reply dave w , also please bring the forward & rewind buttons back to the virtual deck and of course a good fix for this major issue with time code control through CDJ's
thank you
Serato, Support
David Wood 12:49 AM - 10 February, 2014
Dually noted Dj Nad, i'll pass this on. I'm sure they are on top of most of the functionality requests..

Regards
Dave W
8:00 AM, 24 Feb 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.