Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Announcing Pitch 'n Time DJ

7:17 AM, 20 Jan 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
djmallon 8:20 PM - 22 January, 2014
Any chance you guys will do an A/B comparison video?
pvk 8:30 PM - 22 January, 2014
Great news!!! :)
blackavenger 8:30 PM - 22 January, 2014
FINALLY!!!! I have been begging Y'all for this for soooo loong! TAKE MY MONEY!!!
dj ductape 8:52 PM - 22 January, 2014
Nice, any chance for an SSL plugin? We have until 2015 :)
Dj Wunder 9:05 PM - 22 January, 2014
TAKE MY MONEY
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:08 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

Sorry, Scratch Live will not support Pitch 'n Time DJ. Available for Serato DJ only :)
m3xic4ndiy3i 9:54 PM - 22 January, 2014
nice! so, as i can see, soon we can expect Rane Series Equalizers? please!
DJ Quartz 10:27 PM - 22 January, 2014
Wicked, FINALLLY!!!
DPDJs 10:39 PM - 22 January, 2014
Does it use a lot of CPU?
Serato
Eddie R 10:43 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

We kept CPU usage in mind when developing and our tests have shown that PnT DJ is not overly intensive.
PMYSKO 10:43 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:

System requirements would be helpful
PMYSKO 10:46 PM - 22 January, 2014
Would I be able to use it on Ableton?
DPDJs 10:48 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

We kept CPU usage in mind when developing and our tests have shown that PnT DJ is not overly intensive.

We can enable/disable if needed?
Serato
Eddie R 10:53 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Would I be able to use it on Ableton?

You will not be able to use P'nT DJ with Ableton as it is an expansion pack for Serato DJ that takes over from our standard key lock.
Serato
Eddie R 10:54 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We can enable/disable if needed?

Yes you can disable it in the setup screen, which will then enable the standard key lock within Serato DJ.
Ragman 10:56 PM - 22 January, 2014
You guys are kickin azz and takin no prisoners today Serato.
DPDJs 11:04 PM - 22 January, 2014
From Almost Famous, "It's all happening!!"
nik39 11:12 PM - 22 January, 2014
Nice! $29 is a steal!!
DJ Quartz 11:25 PM - 22 January, 2014
^ This
blackavenger 11:34 PM - 22 January, 2014
Quote:
Nice! $29 is a steal!!

WORD!!!!
Joe Fresh 12:05 AM - 23 January, 2014
Excited to try this out!
sweetL 12:10 AM - 23 January, 2014
$29? TAKE MY MONEY
SiRocket 12:19 AM - 23 January, 2014
take my money!
DJ Stoyvo 12:28 AM - 23 January, 2014
Here's a question: Why doesn't the Key Lock in Serato DJ do this already? You basically told us it's possible to implement into Serato DJ, so why not implement it to fix the terrible Key Lock? Can't move +/- 3% without artifacts already!
Ragman 12:38 AM - 23 January, 2014
Key lock and Pitch 'n Time are 2 different coded programs/plugins. It's like asking a car company why they can't make their 4 cylinder engine go faster by using their turbo V8 engine for parts. Yes they're both engines but 2 different technologies.
DJ Stoyvo 12:45 AM - 23 January, 2014
Good Point, but I'm pretty sure Serato DJ was built from scratch. Why wasn't the Turbo V8 engine used in the first place instead of building a crappy 4 cylinder?
DJ Stoyvo 12:47 AM - 23 January, 2014
FYI, $29 is a great price! I will probably buy it! I'm just curious why they didn't build one great product without these kinds of add-ons.
Marv Incredible 12:51 AM - 23 January, 2014
I think you may have just answered your own question.
blackavenger 12:53 AM - 23 January, 2014
They need a way to generate revenue outside of the initial purchase. I really don't see a problem with this. You don't see the DVS guys complaining about buying CV do you? I mean, I hear you with regard to why it wasn't just added to the basic software, but for whatever reason it wasn't. I mean, this has been a feature request since months after Keylock was introduced. I for one will take anything I can get, and at a mere $29, I'll take it!!
nik39 12:59 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
I mean, this has been a feature request since months after Keylock was introduced.

You probably mean years. It's been around 9 years now ;)
WarpNote 1:16 AM - 23 January, 2014
They were probably busy maintaining those other two platforms itch & scratch live when working on SDJ 1.0, so they probably took something that was less work to get the first release going. I'm pretty sure quite a lot of work went into PnT DJ. Congratulations Serato Team, killer price too!
Joshua Carl 1:20 AM - 23 January, 2014
making it real hard to stick with SSL!...lol
bastards!

;-) looking forward to this!
deezlee 1:24 AM - 23 January, 2014
Pitch shifting or just key locking?
SiRocket 1:27 AM - 23 January, 2014
nik's got it right on the decade long wait…. would be awesome to use this with mixtape…. oh wait :p……

#crickets
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:31 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:

Just keylock at this stage, but who knows what the future might bring! ;)
sinesthetix 1:39 AM - 23 January, 2014
OMG FIIIIIIIIIIINNNNALLLLLLLLLY!

THANK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES OVER!
AKIEM 1:46 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

half a pie is better than none.
938MyDJ 1:56 AM - 23 January, 2014
I am not sure if it was mentioned (and I just missed it) from the above...

Will it work with MP4 - video files?
DJ Dollar 2:33 AM - 23 January, 2014
^^^^ -- It affects the audio of the file not the video, so yes it will work with MP4's
Serato
Eddie R 2:33 AM - 23 January, 2014
Thanks DJ Dollar, that is correct :)
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:59 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
^^^^ -- It affects the audio of the file not the video, so yes it will work with MP4's

Thanks DJ Dollar!

@938MyDJ, just remember you're not going to get "super slow-mo" for the video or anything like that. The audio will be pitched but the video will vary depending on the frame rate. The video output will probably just look really choppy if you slow it down too much.

It will all depend on the quality of the video how much you will be able to pitch it.
teknobeatno 3:20 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

that wink means there'll be an updated version later in the future to allow us to change the pitch of a track without the tempo, it's gotta be (since traktor can already do it)!

i just hope the update is free... but then again, if you're only charging us $29 for something that otherwise costs $799, i really shouldn't be complaining.

either way, that wink of yours, please let it happen sooner than later, i don't really fancy waiting another 9 years for the other half of the pie!
Simon Love Carter 3:33 AM - 23 January, 2014
Soooo what's this plug gonna do? Better pitch? Better Master Tempo? Better Fxs involving time stretch?
blackavenger 6:17 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
I mean, this has been a feature request since months after Keylock was introduced.

You probably mean years. It's been around 9 years now ;)

No, I meant months. As in, it has been a request that started within the few short months after it was first introduced....LOL, I actually should have said, "weeks". :-)

Once we have a powerful SP-6, there will literally be nothing left for me to complain about.......what am I going to do, LOLOL? I mean, all of the other "years long" issues have been addressed. Well, that is once they bring "MIDI OUT" & "Day/Night View" back.....but that's just nitpicking at this point.

Well done, Serato!!!
Chinshue 7:25 AM - 23 January, 2014
please include the roll out fast and slow effect.
blackavenger 7:28 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
nik's got it right on the decade long wait…. would be awesome to use this with mixtape…. oh wait :p……

#crickets

Ha!!
djcrap 9:25 AM - 23 January, 2014
Take my money what a serato years are you waiting for. Please take my money
nik39 10:31 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
. As in, it has been a request that started within the few short months after it was first introduced..

After what has been introduced?
Rhadesh 12:08 PM - 23 January, 2014
you can introduce pitch and time and so many other features.
I can't understand why you not put the 6%pitch range that so many people are asking..... its unbelievable.......
WarpNote 12:10 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:

SSL, I assume...
nik39 12:50 PM - 23 January, 2014
Ah! Now it makes sense :)
Dj Nyce 2:58 PM - 23 January, 2014
sorry ssl...it's been fun.
morry247 3:06 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry, Scratch Live will not support Pitch 'n Time DJ. Available for Serato DJ only :)

Superb can't wait Feb ?? and please any news of the Bridge making an appearance to complete Serato Dj and be the best by miles ???
blackavenger 3:12 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

SSL, I assume...

This. Sorry, I wasn't able to get my point across clearer ;)
Detroitbootybass 9:07 PM - 23 January, 2014
I'll reserve final judgement on the improvement after I am able to actually hear the new key lock in action.

But it's a bitch-move to put in the crappy broken key lock into the newly built Serato DJ and then charge people more money for a feature that actually works.
Joe Fresh 9:24 PM - 23 January, 2014
I think the way that Serato sees it is, for many DJs who only pitch bend 3-5% and don't hear any problems in sound quality, the current key lock is sufficient. For the DJs who want to bend further without sound degradation, the plugin is available. Just a guess on my part.

I'm also curious to hear how the plugin compares to regular key lock, but I'm pretty sure we'll definitely be able to hear the difference in the wide pitch ranges.
Simon Love Carter 10:26 PM - 23 January, 2014
why everybody is assuming that pitch n time FX will be pilotable through pitch faders? because to me it's not so clear....
Ragman 11:19 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
I think the way that Serato sees it is, for many DJs who only pitch bend 3-5% and don't hear any problems in sound quality, the current key lock is sufficient. For the DJs who want to bend further without sound degradation, the plugin is available. Just a guess on my part.

I'm also curious to hear how the plugin compares to regular key lock, but I'm pretty sure we'll definitely be able to hear the difference in the wide pitch ranges.

^This...
I guess I'm one of those DJs because the current key lock sounds great to me.
Dj Pepe 11:28 PM - 23 January, 2014
GREAT NEWS!!!! FINALLY!!!!
Youngtee 12:23 AM - 24 January, 2014
Awesome believe I will be taking full advantage of this
blackavenger 1:38 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
I guess I'm one of those DJs because the current key lock sounds great to me.

You want to hear an example where it sounds like shit?

The first track (nina simone) on this kid's mix is pitched waaay down, and oh man, can you hear the artifacts......it sounds soooo bad!!

Watchwww.youtube.com
Ragman 2:07 AM - 24 January, 2014
Okay point taken. hahaha! wow
Ragman 2:08 AM - 24 January, 2014
Yeah I don't use it the same manner he does being an old skool and hiphop dj.
Jam-Master Jake 4:18 AM - 24 January, 2014
I see from reading above that the P'nT plugin will "take over" the standard key lock…meaning it won't require an effect engine to be tied up just for solid key lock.

TAKE MY MONEY, SERATO!!!!

Nice job, and THANK YOU!!!
Simon Love Carter 4:19 AM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
I see from reading above that the P'nT plugin will "take over" the standard key lock…meaning it won't require an effect engine to be tied up just for solid key lock.

TAKE MY MONEY, SERATO!!!!

Nice job, and THANK YOU!!!

reading where????
Jam-Master Jake 4:25 AM - 24 January, 2014
Read comments 14 and 15 above from Serato employee "Eddie R."
Rhadesh 8:48 AM - 24 January, 2014
continued to find that it makes more sense to have 6% pitch instead of charging for something that already exists. I would pay $ 30 just to have the 6% pitch in my DDJ-SX ..... I think it would be much more important, and I know that there are many users requesting the same.
Joshua Carl 1:47 AM - 25 January, 2014
so Big Wiz didnt use the feature in the booth this year.
but he did playback an example of 2 tracks pitched waaaay down
(i think - 50)

1 with standard key lock, 1 with pitch n time.

everyone's jaw hit the floor.... serious.
blackavenger 1:52 AM - 25 January, 2014
wish there was a video of that....maybe there will be.
DJ Nexus2000 2:54 AM - 25 January, 2014
What is the point??
blackavenger 2:59 AM - 25 January, 2014
^ you've got to be joking? ^

Well, seeing as how your name is "nexus2000", I would assume that you play on the player for your namesake. The 2000nexus has pretty clean/accurate Keylock in it's own right. Well, Keylock on Serato products have sucked for a long ass time. Now, w' this plugin, they won't.

That's the point.
DJ Nexus2000 3:03 AM - 25 January, 2014
Thank You Very Much for the help and FYI i own the PDJ 2000 Nexus system with an RMX-1000 and DDJ-SX.
blackavenger 3:05 AM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
PDJ 2000 Nexus

What's that?

; )
DJ Nexus2000 3:07 AM - 25 January, 2014
Pioneer DJ CDJ/DJM 2000 Nexus system.
blackavenger 3:10 AM - 25 January, 2014
Wow, you don't pick up on sarcasm very well, do you? It's all good, as you were. I've got drinks & peeps to get back to. Just one more thing......"nexus2000" isn't really the monicker you DJ by, is it? :-)
Joe Fresh 7:49 AM - 25 January, 2014
I wish there was a video of Big Wiz demoing the Pitch n Time plugin, would love to hear the difference between it and standard key lock.
DJ TeeOh 9:05 AM - 25 January, 2014
Great.... spend more money. SMH. I love you Serato but this is getting ridiculous.
DJ TeeOh 9:08 AM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
why everybody is assuming that pitch n time FX will be pilotable through pitch faders? because to me it's not so clear....

Perhaps it'll have a % adjust in the software that's midi mappable. So your regular pitch fader can go from 5% to 15% to 25% to 50%
Dj Wunder 9:11 AM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
Great.... spend more money. SMH. I love you Serato but this is getting ridiculous.

Spend a less than a tenth of the paycheck from my last gig on the tool that I use on gigs? Sounds fine to me Serato, keep doing what you're doing
WarpNote 10:51 AM - 25 January, 2014
^ This!! ^
DJ TeeOh 11:25 AM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Spend a less than a tenth of the paycheck from my last gig on the tool that I use on gigs? Sounds fine to me Serato, keep doing what you're doing

Great for you. That's not the point. Get tired of paying for little updates. They should either add the features for free and keep loyal consumers happy or do one mass upgrade with all these features and charge for it. Every month it's something else. Starting to sound like NI. lol
Serato, Support
Karl Y 12:07 PM - 25 January, 2014
Hey DJ TeeOh

Not everyone seems to care for this feature.
Charging a little bit for optional features is a way for us to do cool things while justifying the development costs.

We've added a lot of free new features in the past as well.

Here are some of the features we added in last year or so
- Slip mode
- Quantized hot cues
- Wolf pack izotope FX ( we need to license new effects from iZotope - but they are simply the best ! )
- free Upgrade to Serato DJ for most Rane and ITCH hardware.
- lots of bug fixes
- flac file Support
Plus we aren't going to stop doing that.

In the case of Pitch'N'Time, its originally a studio grade plugin in that costs more than 700 $ (and for a reason)
Its been used by pro's in the film and audio production industry for a decade - and it was not a trivial task at all to get it ready for DJ Software i.e. to perform in real time.
So we had two options.
1) don't do it - Everybody stays with the old keylock.
2) do it - but charge a little bit from those who want to have it. Everybody else can still use the current keylock.

You only pay for what you really want, unlike with a bundled update like you propse
:-)

Cheers
Karl
Jam-Master Jake 12:56 PM - 25 January, 2014
Everyone has differing opinions, but I can simply say "Thanks, Karl." I don't mind pay for a few extra goodies now and then...especially at the rate of new features/functionality/software releases that's flying out of Serato HQ.

But seriously, Dude: you HAVE to get the whole Day Mode added, and the missing view modes from Itch. It's been 14 months. Pretty please?

Thanks for the updates and keep up the good work!
Rhadesh 1:37 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
Hey DJ TeeOh

Charging a little bit for optional features is a way for us to do cool things while justifying the development costs.

- Slip mode
- Quantized hot cues
- Wolf pack izotope FX ( we need to license new effects from iZotope - but they are simply the best ! )
- lots of bug fixes
- flac file Support

In the case of Pitch'N'Time, its originally a studio grade plugin in that costs more than 700 $ (and for a reason)
Its been used by pro's in the film and audio production industry for a decade - and it was not a trivial task at all to get it ready for DJ Software i.e. to perform in real time.
So we had two options.
2) do it - but charge a little bit from those who want to have it. Everybody else can still use the current keylock.

You only pay for what you really want, unlike with a bundled update like you propse

Cheers
Karl

I Karl

I do not mind paying if it would give me 6% pitch range. this gives me or not?
DJ TeeOh 7:22 PM - 25 January, 2014
Quote:
Hey DJ TeeOh

- Slip mode
- Quantized hot cues
- lots of bug fixes
- flac file Support

So we had two options.

Cheers
Karl

Understandable, thanks for the reply. Tell Mike May I said what's up and we need to catch up.
Markkus 4:38 PM - 26 January, 2014
Quote:
Any chance you guys will do an A/B comparison video?

Check it out here, from the NAMM show floor: www.djtechtools.com
blackavenger 6:01 PM - 26 January, 2014
Sounds good to me. So glad the second guy moved the pitch. That first dude wasn't moving it to the proper pitch to get a sense of how PnT has improved the Keylock. Yeah, I'm sold.
wadup 8:53 PM - 26 January, 2014
Nice....can't wait to add this plugin. Would have been nice if we could purchase it now and test it during the beta period...
Ragman 10:14 PM - 26 January, 2014
^Agreed
SpontaneousMixx 11:42 PM - 26 January, 2014
I'd be curious to see how this stacks up against Zplane2
wadup 12:56 AM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:
I'd be curious to see how this stacks up against Zplane2

most likely very well....
SiRocket 3:08 AM - 27 January, 2014
checked out the homey big wiz at the rane/pitch n time demo inside namm.. I'm sold, this makes me super happy :)
Cobretti 1:36 PM - 27 January, 2014
This is awesome news, is serato planning on incorporating the ableton bridge in serato dj?
Jam-Master Jake 5:11 PM - 27 January, 2014
Basically, what I've been told by a Serato employee via email is that The Bridge is pretty much done…but they're playing around with some concepts that may come down the road in a future version of SDJ. If (IF) this comes, it will be "much better" than The Bridge in its existing form and would be rolled out to SDJ (but not SSL, as that's on its way out).

I have no idea what those concepts are that they're working on, I don't know when they're coming, and and I don't know if they ever will come. Just letting you know that The Bridge appears to be dead at this point, and something much better may come some day.
blackavenger 5:31 PM - 27 January, 2014
I was commenting on how happy I am with the Pn'T plugin, and asked for them to please work on the SP-6. They commented back stating that the SP-6 was indeed on the radar to get some love. I've always wanted it to be an inclusive system like Traktor has. So I am totally looking forward to seeing what they have in mind.

i.imgur.com
Jam-Master Jake 7:01 PM - 27 January, 2014
Yeah, SP-6 needs some SERIOUS lovin'. Can't wait to see what's coming in that regard. I'd like to see The Bridge replacement launch, as well as see them fix the large database issue, return the missing Itch view modes, bring Day mode back, and get the stability a little better. They do that, and I'd be completely happy with SDJ. Anything on top of that would be icing on the cake!
blackavenger 7:12 PM - 27 January, 2014
Yeah, I would like to see daymode back, but it's not a priority. I love how the GUI looked when you engaged daymode and the OSX's negative contrast feature. It gave everything this Orange, Green, and Purple look to it...loved that shizz! Though, who knows what SeratoDJ would look like with that combination.
DJ Quartz 2:11 AM - 28 January, 2014
But DayMode is important for outdoor events, it's a pain otherwise. You can use the invert video function but that is only useable when not doing video.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:41 AM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
Hey DJ TeeOh

- Slip mode
- Quantized hot cues
- lots of bug fixes
- flac file Support

So we had two options.

Cheers
Karl

WAVES MONEY AT SERATO!! Thank you!!!!
djcerla 10:25 AM - 29 January, 2014
Hi Karl,

Any discounts for existing registered users of Pitch'n'Time?

Thanks
blackavenger 12:45 PM - 29 January, 2014
Whoa, haven't seen you around in a minute. I figured the news of Keylock might do the trick.

serato.com
DJ CICLONNYC 3:10 AM - 30 January, 2014
First off Thank god!!!! I can finally use keylock. Second, I own multiple mac book pros(1 main and 2 for backups) and I would like to know if I would have to purchase the plug in for each laptop??
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:15 AM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
First off Thank god!!!! I can finally use keylock. Second, I own multiple mac book pros(1 main and 2 for backups) and I would like to know if I would have to purchase the plug in for each laptop??

You can not use the plugin on more than one computer at one time. However, you can only activate the expansion pack on 2 computers. You will not need to buy multiple licenses. They stay on your Serato.com account, so just sign in and activate :)

If you dont want to use it on a current computer anymore, make sure to deactivate it in the MY SERATO panel, or else you could breach our terms of conditions using the plugin on multiple computers at the same time.

Regards
BEASTCOAST 5:51 PM - 30 January, 2014
Twitch support? How great would it be to NOT use the clicked dials but rather do this in a similar fashion to the fader FX?
Joshua Carl 6:00 PM - 30 January, 2014
hey guys, since the announcement of this, the biggest question Ive been getting is it going to be a CPU hog?

I know we REALLY wont know until some versions start getting tested by people in the field.

but do you already know if this may, or may not be a potential hurdle for users with computers teetering on the line of cpu power/Ram
blackavenger 6:22 PM - 30 January, 2014
Quote:
but do you already know if this may, or may not be a potential hurdle for users with computers teetering on the line of cpu power/Ram

My guess is it will.
Joshua Carl 8:14 PM - 30 January, 2014
I happen to notice this weekend at Namm alot of the units from all the camps (rane, pioneer, Relood) were all running pretty CPU intense just for 2 deck playback on SDJ.

which begs the question, if they didnt implement a cpu meter on the GUI would I ever have noticed? lol
teknobeatno 9:38 AM - 31 January, 2014
i understand pitch n time dj is coming out on the same day as the 1.6 release, which is in feb...

does anyone know what day in feb though? 1st (tomorrow)?
Jam-Master Jake 12:19 PM - 31 January, 2014
No one knows...I'm not even sure Serato knows the exact day it's going to release just yet. I know they have internal target days, but it all depends upon how well the beta is going. They're not going to intentionally release broken software (at least I hope they won't). They're confident enough that it's shipping in Feb, now we just need to wait and see when that is.

And yeah, I'm just as impatient about it as anyone! :)
Chinshue 12:20 PM - 31 January, 2014
my guess is valentines day. lol
Jam-Master Jake 12:23 PM - 31 January, 2014
Quote:
hey guys, since the announcement of this, the biggest question Ive been getting is it going to be a CPU hog?

I know we REALLY wont know until some versions start getting tested by people in the field.

I think it was on here Serato's web page about P'nT DJ where I read Sam Gribben (Serato founder and CEO) say that this is the culmination of literally years of work and wasn't easy to do. Elsewhere on here (the Serato forums--maybe even this thread), another employee said they've gotten it to where P'nT DJ isn't "that" processor intensive.

This was something that took time and has been on the Serato DJ roadmap for quite some time. Kudos!!!
djcrap 2:59 AM - 1 February, 2014
Quote:
I happen to notice this weekend at Namm alot of the units from all the camps (rane, pioneer, Relood) were all running pretty CPU intense just for 2 deck playback on SDJ.

which begs the question, if they didnt implement a cpu meter on the GUI would I ever have noticed? lol

Explains why my macbook pro has been getting hot when using the beta
eric-a 2:37 PM - 1 February, 2014
Hello Serato,

I have an SL4 and use either my window7 laptop or my Mac to play, I plan to buy one FX pack and pitch-n-time plugins with the 1.6 release, will my plugins work on both instance of my Serato DJ install (the win7 & the Mac one)? (as long as I'm logged in)

Thank you,
Cheers.
eric-a 2:40 PM - 1 February, 2014
Ok it was answered just above, nevermind my question, waiting for the release, make it ROCK SOLID as always please, thanks and keep up the good work!
Asu 5:04 PM - 1 February, 2014
Quote:
you can introduce pitch and time and so many other features.
I can't understand why you not put the 6%pitch range that so many people are asking..... its unbelievable.......

There you go again,complaining on another thread...dude you either can't mix or Nudge/pitch bend...stop with the whining...go practice.

If you're that unhappy,switch to something else 8% is all good.6% isn't gonna fix your horrible Transitions
Asu 5:06 PM - 1 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Explains why my macbook pro has been getting hot when using the beta

Hope you have the latest Beta,CPU issue was fixed a while back
blackavenger 5:10 PM - 1 February, 2014
Quote:
6% isn't gonna fix your horrible Transitions

LOL
Serato, Support
Scott S 7:58 PM - 2 February, 2014
Quote:
Hello Serato,

I have an SL4 and use either my window7 laptop or my Mac to play, I plan to buy one FX pack and pitch-n-time plugins with the 1.6 release, will my plugins work on both instance of my Serato DJ install (the win7 & the Mac one)? (as long as I'm logged in)

Hi eric-a,
You can not use the plugin on more than one computer at one time. However, you can only activate the expansion pack on 2 computers. You will not need to buy multiple licenses. They stay on your Serato.com account, so just sign in and activate :)

Regards
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:00 PM - 2 February, 2014
I have no problem paying for certain updates i.e video but for a feature that has been crap from the start I find it a joke that your charging for it,

also since pitch and time was around before scratch live how did you do such a bad job to begin with I mean thats one thing that should have spot on from the start as its a area you were highly regarded in
Dj Wunder 11:45 PM - 2 February, 2014
Quote:
I have no problem paying for certain updates i.e video but for a feature that has been crap from the start I find it a joke that your charging for it,

also since pitch and time was around before scratch live how did you do such a bad job to begin with I mean thats one thing that should have spot on from the start as its a area you were highly regarded in

I'm no software engineer, but I imagine implementing the monster that is Pitch 'n Time in to a real-time DJ application was no small feat, so I'm happy to pitch in gas money
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:10 AM - 3 February, 2014
Quote:
I imagine implementing the monster that is Pitch 'n Time in to a real-time DJ application was no small feat

Bingo. And also, remember that Pitch 'n Time Pro is almost $800 > store.serato.com

We wish it was as easy as copying and pasting a few lines of code!
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:00 AM - 3 February, 2014
10 years till you even release a update to the keylock, how do you not find that a joke?
teknobeatno 3:08 AM - 3 February, 2014
it's now february....

which day in feb can we expect this beautiful little gem?
teknobeatno 3:09 AM - 3 February, 2014
my 29 dollars is literally burning a hole in my pocket.
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:16 AM - 3 February, 2014
Quote:
it's now february....

and there are still 27 more days! Don't fret teknobeatno, the 1.6 update and Pitch 'n Time DJ will be available very soon!

Hold tight :)
teknobeatno 3:18 AM - 3 February, 2014
i've a mixtape deadline coming up and there's one transition that needs one track at +4% and the artefacts begin at +2%! (ok, i could easily go back and change the tracklisting, but i can't be bothered. hahah)

i hope it's sooner than later man! :)
The Return of Dj Sparky 3:27 AM - 3 February, 2014
there already rushing the 1.6 update out to make the pioneer ddj-sz release date,
just take a look at the beta area
Dj Wunder 3:32 AM - 3 February, 2014
Quote:
i've a mixtape deadline coming up and there's one transition that needs one track at +4% and the artefacts begin at +2%! (ok, i could easily go back and change the tracklisting, but i can't be bothered. hahah)i hope it's sooner than later man! :)

Pull that one track in to Abelton?
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:21 PM - 3 February, 2014
Quote:
i hope it's sooner than later man! :)

How about right now > serato.com

;)
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:39 PM - 3 February, 2014
Boom! you got my money!
Wizzu 12:50 AM - 4 February, 2014
My ears are extremely sensitive to digital audio artifacts so I bought this rightaway, and tried it immediately with a couple of difficult tracks.

Verdict: to my ears not as good as what I can get with Elastique (granted, I never had the chance to try Elastique in real-time so who knows).

Nevertheless, this Pitch'n'time plugin is LIGHT YEARS AHEAD of the regular ITCH/SDJ Keylock.

I still hear "something's wrong with the sound" when going over 6% pitching, but I'm pretty sure none of my customers would. And I almost never go over 4% anyway, so for my usual DJing this is a huge improvement.

*Heaving a sigh with ease.*
Jam-Master Jake 1:02 AM - 4 February, 2014
Just upgraded. Won't be able to really put this through its paces until late tonight, but I'm looking forward to testing it intensely tonight! And whether it still has artifacts or not, I'm thrilled to have this available…ANYTHING is better than what we used to have on the old Serato key lock!
Wizzu 2:26 AM - 4 February, 2014
Actually I think it's really great, read my comments there
serato.com
serato.com
dj t-money 11:09 AM - 4 February, 2014
I kno this is totally differnet to what you guys are say take nothing away from what these guys are doing at serato I love it but I just hope that 1.6 can handle a large library I personally like the ideas and the new features but sorting out the large library problem would be more important and great work to the serato team a big thumbs-up.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:22 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
I kno this is totally differnet to what you guys are say take nothing away from what these guys are doing at serato I love it but I just hope that 1.6 can handle a large library I personally like the ideas and the new features but sorting out the large library problem would be more important and great work to the serato team a big thumbs-up.

No large libraries have not been fixed yet.
dj t-money 11:29 AM - 4 February, 2014
No large libraries have not been fixed yet.
Ain't that a bit**
DJ Gabriel Diggs 3:04 PM - 4 February, 2014
Hello,
Can we demo the Pitch 'N' Time plugin before purchase. I'd like to compare the sound of this Keylock against the stock Serato Keylock.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:20 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Hello,
Can we demo the Pitch 'N' Time plugin before purchase. I'd like to compare the sound of this Keylock against the stock Serato Keylock.

---> www.djtechtools.com
WarpNote 4:18 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Hello,

Forum member SeriousCyrus (serato.com) has put up a comparison too. -> soundcloud.com
Culprit 4:22 PM - 4 February, 2014
Can someone who uses a dvs style setup please throw up a 2 minute video of them performing some basic scratches while using pitch in time please.
Pogo 4:34 PM - 4 February, 2014
Not good.
You say the original PnT is almost 800 dollars and compare it to this, yet i see NONE of the original functionality of PnT pro.
I know it was hard to implement, but now that you have the code ready, it wouldn't be as hard to add a bindable pitch control to the plugin.
Come on serato, i really don't want to be the guy who says "traktor has had this for years" but..... traktor has had this for years..
And it would truly be a godsend for live acapella mashups.

Who knows, you could also do key detection and writing in the metadata!

I know you guys can do it :D
please? :)
SiRocket 6:18 PM - 4 February, 2014
I have a feeling pitch n tim
Quote:
Can someone who uses a dvs style setup please throw up a 2 minute video of them performing some basic scratches while using pitch in time please.

This...
DJ Gabriel Diggs 7:56 PM - 4 February, 2014
Thanks for the demo links LJ_WOOLSEY and WarpNote. This sound is reminiscent of the "Phase Voc" algorithm. I can get similar results at 100% Pitch Range in the stone aged Traktor 3.4.1 up to 30% up and down which is pretty impressive for an older program but the new Pitch and time seems to go right to 100% up and down which is excellent. I just wish it was offered as a standard feature.
DJ Quartz 8:15 PM - 4 February, 2014
I'm actually pretty shocked at how well it works!

@ Culprit/SiRocket,

I'm testing with my NS7FX because I don't have a 6x series or SL2/3/4 yet.

I'll see if I get a chance to throw something up.
Wizzu 11:45 PM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
right to 100% up and down
100%? I don't have such values available in SDJ... You sure?
nik39 11:49 PM - 4 February, 2014
Click on "Range".
Dj Wunder 11:52 PM - 4 February, 2014
+1 for a scratch demo

+1 for pitch manipulation
DJ Quartz 12:10 AM - 5 February, 2014
I just did a quick test on my NS7 because I don't have DVS hardware for SDJ yet.

soundcloud.com
Wizzu 12:21 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Click on "Range".
I'm aware of the range settings, thanks. But the max I get has always been 50%. Choices are 8%, 16% and 50%. Is it hardware dependant? Or are you guys saying "100%" as in "2 x 50%"? (50% up + 50% down)
nik39 12:39 AM - 5 February, 2014
Trick: relative pitch. It enables you to go down to 0.
Wizzu 1:05 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Trick: relative pitch. It enables you to go down to 0.
Down to 0? More and more confusing to me. For me, "0" pitching refers to the standard, non adulterated pitch / playing speed.

From there, you can go 50% up and 50% down.
Not the same as "100% up and down".

If by "0" you mean something else than the standard playing speed, can you explain?
nik39 1:15 AM - 5 February, 2014
My bad, I meant a speed of almost 0 rpm, which equals to -100%, if 0% is the regular playback speed.
Wizzu 1:34 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
"almost 0 rpm"

You cannot achieve "almost 0 rpm" with the SDJ pitch faders.
Have a little experiment:
Take a 120BPM song and set it to the lowest speed you can with the pitch faders.
What BPM do you get then?

Quote:
"which equals to -100%, if 0% is the regular playback speed. "

This is mathematical nonsense. You need to revise what percentages are, and what percentage increases and decreases actually mean. No offence intended.
Culprit 1:36 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
I just did a quick test on my NS7 because I don't have DVS hardware for SDJ yet.

soundcloud.com

Thank you Quartz, I am still unconvinced on purchasing this product until we get a demo similar to this

Watchwww.youtube.com

I don't need anyone to post a side by side comparison, but just taking pitch n time and manipulating the record fast, slow, really slow, baby scratches and such.
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:56 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
"which equals to -100%, if 0% is the regular playback speed. "

This is mathematical nonsense. You need to revise what percentages are, and what percentage increases and decreases actually mean. No offence intended.

Actually, nik39 is correct Wizzu. He was saying if your track is at its regular playing speed, the pitch would be 0.00%. Using relative pitch, you are able to go +100% or -100%.

Quote:

Yes, with relative pitch you can. Which would be -100% and almost 0 rpm.
Gu3d3s 1:56 AM - 5 February, 2014
Hello,

I just bought the PITCH N TIME DJ, installed and activated over the right to use not see the difference between what was already in my Serato and DDJ-SX, my pitch continues varied only 50% and not 100% like the video demonstration. I did something wrong or not this plugin and all hardware?

Any ideia!?
nik39 1:56 AM - 5 February, 2014
Uhm...
Quote:
Quote:
"almost 0 rpm"

dl.dropboxusercontent.com <- click

Now what? ;)
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:02 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
I just bought the PITCH N TIME DJ, installed and activated over the right to use not see the difference between what was already in my Serato and DDJ-SX, my pitch continues varied only 50% and not 100% like the video demonstration. I did something wrong or not this plugin and all hardware?

Only certain controllers are able to do a native +/-100% pitch range. All other controllers max out at a 50% pitch range. This is a hardware decision and is decided and implemented by the hardware manufacturer, not us. The Reloop Terminal Mix 8 is able to go +/- 100% pitch range, as displayed in DJ TechTools video demonstrating Pitch 'n Time.

Regards
Gu3d3s 2:07 AM - 5 February, 2014
Hi Scoot S Thx for reply,

ok but this information should have been said to us users, bought relying on the video you saw on the internet plugin, and install the same not found difference between what I already had in my SX.

Is it possible to cancel my purchase
nik39 2:12 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Hi Scoot S Thx for reply,

ok but this information should have been said to us users, bought relying on the video you saw on the internet plugin, and install the same not found difference between what I already had in my SX.

Is it possible to cancel my purchase

Why? PnT does not enable you to go below +/-50%, it has nothing to do with it. And they never announced it like that. It just makes it sound better *if* you use such extreme pitch values.

If you want to go to bigger extremes, you can always use the keyboard to adjust the pitch even furthermore. Even down to 0bpm/%/rpm or -100%pitch - whatever you want to call it ;)
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:13 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:

As I said in my post above, that video was posted by DJ TechTools. Not us.
Gu3d3s 2:20 AM - 5 February, 2014
Scott S,

Enable below +/-50% DDJ-SX make by KEY LOCK.... and I do not think it's a hardware problem because the Traktor pitch the Sx ranges from 2% to 100% and crei this is done via software or not?

I agree that the video was noa Serato, but also was not clear to the users that would be a limitation of only + / - 50%.

I just think you guys should add this information to prevent more users to purchase as I think it's like in the video.
nik39 2:21 AM - 5 February, 2014
Gu3d3s, did you read my comment?
Quote:
If you want to go to bigger extremes, you can always use the keyboard to adjust the pitch even furthermore. Even down to 0bpm/%/rpm or -100%pitch - whatever you want to call it ;)
Wizzu 2:25 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Only certain controllers are able to do a native 100% pitch. All other controllers max out at a 50% pitch range. This is a hardware decision and is decided and implemented by the hardware manufacturer, not us.
Thanks for the clarification, which answers my original question
Quote:
Is it hardware dependant?
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:29 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:

Hi Wizzu, sorry I missed that question! Yes, max pitch ranges are hardware dependant :)

For example, the Pioneer WEGO was only designed to have access to one pitch range, so it is limited to +/- 8% only.

Cheers :)
Wizzu 2:41 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Which as you stated is available only with certain controllers, so my original question to DJ Gabriel made sense.

This is now clear to me.
Which means I can't help people who'd like to know how pitch'n'time would sound with their controller, since with the DDJ-SX I'm stuck with +/-50%.

Now. As far as stating that it's mathematically correct to say that -100% of 0% can mean anything at all, well, this is baffling to say the least.

Actually what both you and TechMate really mean, is that you get close to 0RPM by setting -100% *"of 100%"* (not "of 0%").

The original speed is always 100% = 0% at the fader (which means 0% of pitch change)
Then from there, if the original is say 120BPM:
-50% of these 100% results in 50% (1/2) of the original speed, i.e. 60 BPM (one octave down)
+50% of these 100% results in 150% (3/2) of the original speed. i.e. 180 BPM (one fifth up)
-100% of these 100% results in 0% of the original speed. i.e. 0 BPM

Do we agree on this? :-)
Wizzu 2:44 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
since with the DDJ-SX I'm stuck with +/-50%.
I wouldn't like to give the impression that I find it frustrating. Actually I almost never drift further than -3% to +4% anyway. +/-50% is already overkill for me. :-)
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:58 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Do we agree on this? :-)

Not entirely.. sorry! :)

Quote:
Actually what both you and TechMate really mean, is that you get close to 0RPM by setting -100% *"of 100%"* (not "of 0%").

The original speed is always 100% = 0% at the fader (which means 0% of pitch change)
-50% of these 100% results in 50% (1/2) of the original speed, i.e. 60 BPM (one octave down)
+50% of these 100% results in 150% (3/2) of the original speed. i.e. 180 BPM (one fifth up)

Yup, no debates there!

Quote:
Quote:

Which as you stated is available only with certain controllers, so my original question to DJ Gabriel made sense.

Hmmm not true.. Relative pitch is disabling the pitch slider while in SYNC by holding the Shift modifier. All Serato DJ controllers are able to do this. If you are unsure what relative pitch is and how to do it, check the Serato DJ manual.

Quote:
This is now clear to me.
Which means I can't help people who'd like to know how pitch'n'time would sound with their controller, since with the DDJ-SX I'm stuck with +/-50%.

+/-50% pitch on the faders yes, but you are able to go outside of that range with relative pitch or using the keyboard as nik39 suggested.

Quote:

Which is possible on any Serato DJ controller. With or without Pitch 'n Time.

Hope this clears things up. Not trying to riot :p

Regards
nik39 2:59 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:

This is now clear to me.

You must have missed the posts. You can use the keyboard to go beow +/-50% on all controllers, just not directly from the controller itself, as Scott has already confirmed.

About -100% vs 0%... I actually said 0 at first, and you did not understand. So I thought you might understand the -100% relative pitch better. ;) Don'T blame me, man ;)
DJ Quartz 3:21 AM - 5 February, 2014
@ Culprit

The point of my quick demo is I had PNT enabled but if you notice the Drake beat is not playing at it's original tempo.

I did that for a reason because of the bass line in that particular beat. I also cut on the vocals and beat to show that it disables correctly for scratches, backspins, etc.

PNT disables when you scratch just like the original keylock but for a spindown it would time stretch.

That is the one thing I forgot to do at the end, apologies for that.
DJ Quartz 3:24 AM - 5 February, 2014
Correction, it would not timestretch.
DJ Quartz 3:25 AM - 5 February, 2014
However the implemention on DVS would be a little different so if you did a motor off on your turntable it would timestretch as it spun down I think.
Wizzu 3:42 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yup, no debates there!
Which was the only part I was asking if we agreed on. And we did. :-)

Yes, I indeed missed the point that you can use the keyboard to go over +/-50%.

Actually since I started using Itch last year, and now SDJ, I never used the keyboard for anything else than the [ctrl+F] function, the spacebar function, and entering values in fields. I don't like to DJ on the PC itself so I never learned the possibilities of the keyboard shortcuts...
Wizzu 3:51 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
I actually said 0 at first, and you did not understand.
You seem convinced that I was supposed to understand. But what does mean a number without a proper context? I did suspect that you meant 0RMP but it wasn't entirely clear from your post, so I asked. But then your explanation really made no sense and made things even less understandable.

Next time consider using the relevant context by usiong a label (0 RPM / 0% of pitch change) instead of just a number, it will avoid lots of miscommunication. :-)
nik39 4:14 AM - 5 February, 2014
I agree, that numbers without units can be misleading and are inaccurate.

However in this case the context was very clear. Esp. after you have asked that question about whether it is possible bla bla. That's why I left out the units in the first place. ;)
Wizzu 4:28 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
However in this case the context was very clear.
Yeah, right. Seems to me you'll always prefer to imply that I'm stupid or that I lack lack good will, than to recognize that your explanations were blurry.

Your use of "bla bla" here, in this regard, is interesting. Does it bring anything to the conversation. It just sounds like you're only trying to pick up a fight.

Weren't we trying to discuss the Pitch'n'time plugin?
nik39 4:46 AM - 5 February, 2014
bla bla was just because I was too lazy to type everything and to formulate, no pun intended. Really.

However, I still think the context was clear, and it seemed to me like you were nitpicking where it was not necessary. ;)

Back to topic.
Dj Wunder 5:30 AM - 5 February, 2014
I want my 2 minutes back...
Ragman 5:52 AM - 5 February, 2014
^Ditto...
dj t-money 9:43 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Gu3d3s, did you read my comment?
Quote:

On DDJ SX ITS SHITF AND KEY LOCK TO GET IT UP TO A 100% hold on shift then press the key lock botton so it goes up to 8% 16% 50% and 100%
Gu3d3s 11:06 AM - 5 February, 2014
Hi dj t-money,

Thx your reply, but I know the combination SHIFT + KEYLOCK and my Serato it just changes to: 8% - 16% - 50% use iltimo firmware 1:07 and serato 1.6.

is there any configuration that I'm not doing right?
Rhadesh 1:57 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Hi Wizzu, sorry I missed that question! Yes, max pitch ranges are hardware dependant :)

For example, the Pioneer WEGO was only designed to have access to one pitch range, so it is limited to +/- 8% only.

Cheers :)

Why Traktor with any Pioneer goes from 2% to 100?

not look hardware dependent to me

Rhadesh 2:01 PM - 5 February, 2014
estou farto da vossa conversa SERATO.......
nik39 2:24 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:

The devices/controllers are "dumb". You move a slider, it will sent a message "slider moved by amount x direction y.

What the Serato moderator most likely meant with "hardware dependent": Depending on which Serato DJ supported hardware you choose, you will get different support. Some of the Serato DJ hardware devices support 50%, others 100% pitch range. [and possibly other values]. Most likely you can change this in software, but if that is not something the hardware manufacturer wants... :(
Wizzu 7:38 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
On DDJ SX ITS SHITF AND KEY LOCK TO GET IT UP TO A 100% hold on shift then press the key lock botton so it goes up to 8% 16% 50% and 100%
Do you have a special firmware? On my DDJ-SX and my buddy's, there is 8%, 16% and 50%. Not 100. The manual doesn't mention 100 either, only 8%-16%-50%.
nik39 8:15 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Do you have a special firmware? On my DDJ-SX and my buddy's, there is 8%, 16% and 50%. Not 100. The manual doesn't mention 100 either, only 8%-16%-50%.

My DDJ SX doesn't offer +-100%.

Wizzu, but why do you need it? The pitch is by far to coarse at such ranges, and you can get to these values easily by using the relative pitch. Do you know how it works?
Wizzu 8:35 PM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Wizzu, but why do you need it?
Er.. when on earth did I say I needed it? I already stated that even +/-50% was overkill for me... you and I really, really have a communication issue, lol... :-)

I was merely trying to show that dj t-money's comment was misleading (and plain wrong as far as I know).
nik39 8:36 PM - 5 February, 2014
Sigh, it sounded like you wanted to have it. But obviously you were just trying to be right and to prove a point, eh? ;)
Gu3d3s 9:08 PM - 5 February, 2014
Hello,

Quote:

Wizzu, but why do you need it? The pitch is by far to coarse at such ranges, and you can get to these values easily by using the relative pitch. Do you know how it works?

Simply play, there really is not need more to do, but for performace and effects is an interesting and welcome feature.

What actually happened was a lack of understanding, as in the videos I saw implied that the range 0-100% could be done on any compatible hardware.

If this is a function that depends on the hardware serial which the solution? a new firmware? or will a correction in software solves? I ask because in other Soft DJ, this function exists in any DDJ, and in any case you guys Serato has more power to solve a, is asking for a new Pioneer firmware or upgrading the SeratoDJ, not agree?
mr187 8:01 PM - 7 February, 2014
Quote:
I'm actually pretty shocked at how well it works!

@ Culprit/SiRocket,

I'm testing with my NS7FX because I don't have a 6x series or SL2/3/4 yet.

I'll see if I get a chance to throw something up.

Dj Quartz are your mic and aux in working ?
DJ Quartz 12:33 AM - 8 February, 2014
You know what, it's not working.
mr187 9:09 AM - 8 February, 2014
Quote:
You know what, it's not working.

ok its not just mine.

guess i'll have to hack my pnt plugin to get it to work on 1.5.2. suck shouldn't to do this with something that you paid for
DJ Quartz 2:54 PM - 8 February, 2014
I'm putting in a help request and you should as well.
blackavenger 4:23 PM - 8 February, 2014
Quote:
guess i'll have to hack my pnt plugin to get it to work on 1.5.2. suck shouldn't to do this with something that you paid for

It only works with 1.6 and up!! That was very clearly stated before it even came out!
Ragman 5:52 PM - 8 February, 2014
Quote:

Quote:

[...] guess i'll have to hack my pnt plugin to get it to work on 1.5.2. suck shouldn't to do this with something that you paid for

Let us know how that turns out ... ;-)
WarpNote 6:28 PM - 8 February, 2014
Quote:
Let us know how that turns out ... ;-)

My thoughts exactly... ;)
blackavenger 8:44 PM - 8 February, 2014
What is your avatar, WarpNote? I've been trying to figure it out for a while now, with no luck.
WarpNote 9:41 PM - 8 February, 2014
Hehe, whats your guesses so far avenger?
blackavenger 3:05 AM - 9 February, 2014
It looks somewhat similar to the the Aphex Twin symbol, but I know it's not. Honestly, I have no friggin' idea, LOL! I've looked at it from all different angles, and can't come up w' anything.
soundboycharlie 4:48 AM - 9 February, 2014
struggling to get serato dj going on my windows 8 64 bit 17...is serato dj compatible yet with windows 8
WarpNote 10:31 AM - 9 February, 2014
Funny, I've heard the AFX reference before, and I have a lot of his music, but yeah as you said, that was unintentional. Have a look at my face avatar -> media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com
Especially the eyes, I do a lot of motion graphics and visual work, makes sense?
blackavenger 4:50 PM - 9 February, 2014
Ahhh, that's cool. I remember when you used that Avatar. I never made the connection. Though, I never paid that much attention to the older one either. It's not as though I would stare intently at your face, haha. Any way, thanks for ending my frustration. Good stuff, man ;-)
WarpNote 5:06 PM - 9 February, 2014
Actually its a punk rocker having his way with a bunny rabbit. Lol ;)
blackavenger 5:14 PM - 9 February, 2014
whoa, I totally see that. the punk rocker has a mohawk, right?
blackavenger 5:15 PM - 9 February, 2014
LMAO
AKIEM 6:24 PM - 9 February, 2014
Quote:
LMAO
Crumarbit 7:29 PM - 9 February, 2014
What about having the ability to change the pitch/key of the track - when will this be available? It's the only thing stopping me move over from Traktor!
Ragman 8:27 PM - 9 February, 2014
LOL!!! I see that also. We're sick ... ;-)
WarpNote 8:33 PM - 9 February, 2014
Quote:
whoa, I totally see that. the punk rocker has a mohawk, right?

LOL! ;-)
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:19 PM - 9 February, 2014
Quote:
What about having the ability to change the pitch/key of the track - when will this be available? It's the only thing stopping me move over from Traktor!

This is not currently available with this release of Pitch 'n Time DJ, but we would love to do this in the future :)

Regards
Culprit 7:09 AM - 10 February, 2014
Quote:
struggling to get serato dj going on my windows 8 64 bit 17...is serato dj compatible yet with windows 8

I dont believe windows 8 is supported yet.
SiRocket 8:57 PM - 10 February, 2014
just wait for windows 9...
Faatha's Muzik 1:43 AM - 11 February, 2014
Bought Pitch n' Time, but it's not showing up in my expansion packs. Any ideas why, please email me at [email removed], or leave message for me here.

Thanks in advance.
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:52 AM - 11 February, 2014
Are you sure you are using Serato DJ 1.6 Faatha's Muzik?

Pitch 'n Time will not show up if you are using 1.5.2.
AMO (Sonicbreaks UK) 3:20 AM - 12 February, 2014
It runs like a dream ;-)
Tracks sound so much smoother than they did with original key lock.
THANKS SERATO
+1
Jam-Master Jake 12:16 PM - 12 February, 2014
P'nT DJ is AMAZING, Serato. THANK YOU so much! Would definitely love to see the ability to use it to change the key of a long independently from the tempo as well!

Loving SDJ 1.6 all around, Serato. Kudos and thanks again!
Maxito 10:56 AM - 14 February, 2014
Hello, I bought P´nT DJ, and have the 1.6 version of Serato Dj, i have a Pioneer SX and i can see in my setup the P´nT Dj is enable ,but when I start the session,my pitchben comes only to the 50% as always been,could you tell me why I can not comes to 100%.
I have to say i´m still use Mountain Lion on my Mac.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:59 AM - 14 February, 2014
Quote:
Hello, I bought P´nT DJ, and have the 1.6 version of Serato Dj, i have a Pioneer SX and i can see in my setup the P´nT Dj is enable ,but when I start the session,my pitchben comes only to the 50% as always been,could you tell me why I can not comes to 100%.
I have to say i´m still use Mountain Lion on my Mac.

PnT has nothing todo with your pitch range! It is a key lock!
Culprit 11:18 AM - 14 February, 2014
Yah search the forums its been discussed
Maxito 11:38 AM - 14 February, 2014
Thnks for the reply. But how can i activate this….
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:13 PM - 14 February, 2014
Activate what?
Maxito 4:57 PM - 14 February, 2014
The P'n T Dj…What happens is that I have done everything and still only shows 50% .
And works only up to 50%…..Maybe I should do something, but I do not know what is.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:47 PM - 14 February, 2014
Because your controler only supports 50% pitch again this hasNOTHING todo with PnT
Gu3d3s 11:01 PM - 15 February, 2014
@Maxito

DDj-SX only have 3 opitions 8% - 16% and 50% this hardware limitation and not PnT
Maxito 9:08 AM - 16 February, 2014
Aha…!!! Thanks a lot.!!!
Rhadesh 8:14 AM - 17 February, 2014
Quote:
@Maxito

DDj-SX only have 3 opitions 8% - 16% and 50% this hardware limitation and not PnT

how can it be hardware limitation if Traktor and DDJ-sx has 4%, 6%, 8%, ... 50%and 100% options.

This is a SERATO limitation.....
Maxito 8:55 AM - 17 February, 2014
Thanks Rhadesh, good to know about Traktor ,i did not know of these limitations,Serato should say which consoles can not use this extension,(P´nT), now who will return my money ?
29 dollars…. :-(
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:59 AM - 17 February, 2014
Quote:
Thanks Rhadesh, good to know about Traktor ,i did not know of these limitations,Serato should say which consoles can not use this extension,(P´nT), now who will return my money ?
29 dollars…. :-(

Are you retarded? Pitch and time HAS NOTHING TODO WITH PITCH RANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pitch range is the same it has always been since your hardware was released!!

When Serato work with there hardware partners they come together to choose what features they want/dont want. Serato said 100% was not chosen by pioner for the sx.

Im sure its something they could add in time and if there was the support to!
nik39 10:14 AM - 17 February, 2014
Quote:
Are you retarded? Pitch and time HAS NOTHING TODO WITH PITCH RANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pitch range is the same it has always been since your hardware was released!!

To be fair... Have a look at this short description:

i.imgur.com <- click

"Pitch 'n Time DJ
Speed up or slow down your track to extreme levels"

This sounds very misleading and does not mention the improved audio quality of keylock or similar.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:22 AM - 17 February, 2014
I would call 50% extreme heck even 10% is compaired to the original keylock lol

And are people really needing to mox with tracks pitched more or less than 50%??? Yeeks!
nik39 11:10 AM - 17 February, 2014
That's not the point.

The point is that from reading the words above ("Speed up or slow down your track to extreme levels") users get the impression that PnT offers to ability to pitch up and down extreme levels ;) While in fact nothing changes in terms of being able to pitch up and down. Except that it will sound better now with PnT.

It can be easily misunderstood.
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:21 AM - 17 February, 2014
Quote:
That's not the point.

The point is that from reading the words above ("Speed up or slow down your track to extreme levels") users get the impression that PnT offers to ability to pitch up and down extreme levels ;) While in fact nothing changes in terms of being able to pitch up and down. Except that it will sound better now with PnT.

I guess that is the reason so many dumb ass questions about pnt keep getting asked then!

Yes i agree serato best to change the wording to suit the not so cleaver people.
Ragman 3:37 PM - 17 February, 2014
Why in the hell would someone want a refund on a $29 PNT ??? Like there's a better alternative.
Ragman 3:38 PM - 17 February, 2014
^Oh I'm sorry, I forgot "It's the PRINCIPLE". GMAFB !!!
nik39 9:02 AM - 19 February, 2014
Quote:
That's not the point.

This is really highly vague...

serato.com

And a few other posts. People seem to think that they can extend their pitch range with the PnT plugin.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:12 PM - 19 February, 2014
They should add * at the end of that sentance then at bottle of page *depending on what piych range your hardware supports.
nik39 12:30 PM - 19 February, 2014
No, they should tell what the customers actually get.

"Make your pitched tracks sound awwwwess00000mmmmm333!
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:08 PM - 19 February, 2014
Quote:
No, they should tell what the customers actually get.

"Make your pitched tracks sound awwwwess00000mmmmm333!

+1 haha and boy it does!!
Dj Franko 8:41 PM - 19 February, 2014
Hello

I have bought x2 Cdj 2000 and DJM 900 can tell me how to connect with rerato dj, in the simplest way.

thank
Joshua Carl 8:46 PM - 19 February, 2014
you need an interface, or a Serato supported Mixer.
serato.com
or
serato.com
teknobeatno 9:30 AM - 23 February, 2014
total N00B question but how the hell do it install it?

(already running SDJ 1.6)

i've just tried the serato webiste > expansion pack > PnT... then on that page - nothing. just an embedded soundcloud track showcasing PnT's capabilities, but can't find anywhere that says "download" / "install" / "pay USD29".

i've also tried opening up SDJ > Settings > Expansion pack... nothing.

i feel i have missed something that is apparently obvious to everyone else...
teknobeatno 9:33 AM - 23 February, 2014
ignore me. i've found it.

*puts on cone hat and sits in a corner*
Culprit 8:25 PM - 23 February, 2014
Quote:
ignore me. i've found it.

*puts on cone hat and sits in a corner*

lol glad to see you figured it out tho!
John Richardson 9:27 AM - 25 February, 2014
Can You Make a video showing how to set it up ?
teknobeatno 9:40 AM - 25 February, 2014
Dead easy...

Launch Serato in offline mode (as in, don't plug in your controller) > "online" (online button found in bottom right hand corner of SDJ main screen) > "buy / activate" > enter your SDJ log in details > scroll down to PnT > hand over USD29.

Once done, it should automatically be activated.

You can double check by...

set up > expansion pack > pitch and time DJ > make sure "enable Pitch and time DJ" box is ticked.

Then you're done. It's an under-the-hood update so that's it really.
teknobeatno 9:42 AM - 25 February, 2014
by the way, it's a really good purchase. my ears were able to pick up sound artefacts at around +/-1.5% with certain songs that has plenty of mids (songs are either 320kbps mp3s / wav). Usually they start artefacting at +/-3%.

Now i can go right up / down to 5% and not hear a thing. (haven't tried outside of 5% really). It's a great add on. Can't wait for you guys to actually enable key shifting as well though ;)
galluccisdeli 6:49 AM - 11 March, 2014
I use Numark Mixtrack Pro II and I still have the same range (+/-10%) as the normal key-lock feature though the quality may enhanced I am however still not able to change tempo past the normal range. Is there something I'm missing or is it a hardware thing...?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:06 AM - 11 March, 2014
Quote:
I use Numark Mixtrack Pro II and I still have the same range (+/-10%) as the normal key-lock feature though the quality may enhanced I am however still not able to change tempo past the normal range. Is there something I'm missing or is it a hardware thing...?

If the nixtrack only has 10% pitch then thats all is has nothing is going to change that. P&t is just a better keylock.
BOOGIEFROMCUR 6:38 AM - 25 March, 2014
Man I'm laughing my ass off reading some posts...
My hats off for the serato techies...Any music lover can hear the difference...it's like night and day...if a DJ does NOT hear the difference he's should ask himself if he's worth being a DJ or maybe he's just spinning shit that won't make a difference being sped up or down. Or maybe his musical senses are gone beyond a state that he should not deejay.
Any DJ complaining about a 29 dollar investment which makes a huge difference is probably also wearing some shitty 20 dollar headphones and complaining that his ears hurt.
Believe me...if you cannot HEAR the difference you should probably LOOK LESS at your beautiful quantized waveforms, sync buttons and your multicolour que points and LISTEN MORE to your music being played at a higher or lower pitch.
And by the way in this last 1.6.1 update they included internal video recording FOR FREE...I would have paid more than a hundred bucks for just that.
SiRocket 6:21 AM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:
Man I'm laughing my ass off reading some posts...
My hats off for the serato techies...Any music lover can hear the difference...it's like night and day...if a DJ does NOT hear the difference he's should ask himself if he's worth being a DJ or maybe he's just spinning shit that won't make a difference being sped up or down. Or maybe his musical senses are gone beyond a state that he should not deejay.
Any DJ complaining about a 29 dollar investment which makes a huge difference is probably also wearing some shitty 20 dollar headphones and complaining that his ears hurt.
Believe me...if you cannot HEAR the difference you should probably LOOK LESS at your beautiful quantized waveforms, sync buttons and your multicolour que points and LISTEN MORE to your music being played at a higher or lower pitch.
And by the way in this last 1.6.1 update they included internal video recording FOR FREE...I would have paid more than a hundred bucks for just that.

I like this dude #nh #nm nice!
Unclebnz1 3:18 AM - 28 March, 2014
Serato, If you give me HID support for CDJ 900 nexus in your next update I will buy pitch n' time
sujithnp86 7:29 AM - 22 May, 2014
how we can change the pitch +_8 to +_50?
sujithnp86 7:31 AM - 22 May, 2014
Quote:
how we can change the pitch +_8 to +_50? in pioneer ddi sx .
Gu3d3s 10:42 AM - 22 May, 2014
Hi sujithnp86

In DDJ-SX you use SHIFT+TEMPO RANGE for chance 8=16=50%
sujithnp86 10:44 AM - 22 May, 2014
Txs a lot
eddreco 12:05 PM - 28 May, 2014
Will pitch n time work on a i core 3 processor? from what i can see from the Serato minimum specs are for i core 5 machines w which seems daft for all serato Dj users who have i core 3 machines.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:35 PM - 28 May, 2014
Quote:
Will pitch n time work on a i core 3 processor? from what i can see from the Serato minimum specs are for i core 5 machines w which seems daft for all serato Dj users who have i core 3 machines.

You just answered your own question!!! Well done lol
Wizzu 5:27 PM - 28 May, 2014
It works pretty well on my Pentium 2020M computer.
BUT this computer is heavily optimized with all unnecessary background tasks and services deactivated, and nothing else running than SDJ and Foobar2000.

If you have other programs running, a "standard" Windows or Mac installation without power tweaking, or if you use Itunes: forget it, an i3 won't cut it with Pitch & Time.
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:20 PM - 28 May, 2014
Hi eddreco,

Minimum specifications for Serato DJ and Pitch 'n Time DJ can be found here > serato.com

We do not support computers that are below the minimum spec, however you may still have some success running the application and using Pitch 'n Time DJ on a slightly lower spec computer.

For best performance we always recommend you get a computer that exceeds the minimum specifications.

Kind regards,
Scott
M&E 1:29 AM - 26 June, 2014
Hello,
I am trying to contact Serato support for assistance with upgrading Pitch n Time. We have been trying to contact Serato for weeks with no success- please can you help?
Thanks
Julianne
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:38 AM - 26 June, 2014
Hi Julianne,

Our Customer Support member Bruce has been helping you out and was waiting for a response from you on the 14th of June - one day after your ticket was opened. He requires further information from you to proceed.

Please continue correspondence with Bruce via email and he will be able to sort your issue out :)

(I will also get Bruce to send you a follow-up email shortly - please check your Spam or Junk mail folders as sometimes the emails can end up there)

Kind regards,
Scott
CGarr 4:40 PM - 19 June, 2015
........the search continues....................

On my Numark CDX, they have a unique function using the pitch control feature and the key lock feature......

Sliding the pitch control can change the pitch of the key note in a song, yet it will also change the tempo/bpm as well. The unique function is that when I enable the key lock feature, it can lock the new pitch of the key note but will not lock the tempo/bpm.

The key lock feature in Serato DJ does not have this unique function and my Numark CDX is not a Midi controller.
Does Serato "Pitch 'N' Time" DJ have this unique function in it's software/expansion for use with my equipment?