Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Dicers stopped working properly - one is stuck flashing different colours

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
djmatman 11:07 PM - 23 September, 2013
Earlier today I attempted to connect my dicers via a powered usb hub so I could use them alongside an x1 controller with my macbook - and they have immediately stopped working properly! The problem is the same whether it is connected directly to the mac or via the hub. One dicer (the one not plugged directly into the usb port) gets stuck on it's startup pattern of cycling through different colours, while the other functions normally. This happens before I even open Scratch Live. Only the dicer that behaves normally is triggering midi commands, the other is unresponsive. If I switch the dicers positions, then the same thing happens, it is always the one that is not connected directly to the mac, so it does not appear to be an individual unit that is faulty. I have tried a different usb cable, restarting the macbook etc. but the problem remains. I googled the issue and searched here but could not find any other queries about this same problem!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dj matty k 12:04 AM - 24 September, 2013
Have you unplugged the link cable while its been plugged into the mac ?

Because this is a known issue with dicers it's blows a component stoping them working together

I know my dicers are plugged into a powered USB hub on my home set up and if I turn the powered hub on they both just do the flashing round and round soon as I plugged the USB from my hub into the mac they both stop and just light up the little red cue button
But if I leave powere then unplug from mac the one I the link cable goes off but the other just stays with the little cue button lit up

Here is a post and think there is more aswell
serato.com

Cheers Matt
djmatman 12:16 AM - 24 September, 2013
I don't recall doing that but I might have done, it would make sense if a component has blown as there is definitely something up - I was not aware that was an issue despite having used dicers for a few years now! damn.

Thanks for the insight.
Dj matty k 12:22 AM - 24 September, 2013
Thats ok It doesn't do it everytime but it can happen I have accidently unplugged the link cable before but was just lucky I suppose and had no problems

I have 2 sets one on home setup and one in my Dj bag I picked my last set up cheaper from eBay used might look out for another set best midi device for scratch live ever , they sit just where you want them not having to move your hand to an iPad , key board etc

Cheers Matt
Dj matty k 12:24 AM - 24 September, 2013
Here is another link serato.com
DJ Wah-leed 1:23 PM - 10 February, 2015
i ve got the same issue with my dicer, two weeks ago were both working..
now just one! even on the midi set up for mac and midi monitor program, with different cables usb etc.
can someone help...
P82 5:12 AM - 1 March, 2015
how do you start a new post in this forum when there is not a "start a discussion" button?????