Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Pioneer DJM900 SRT

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJAlexander 7:12 AM - 15 September, 2013
Hi there,
about 2 days before the announcement I did buy a Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus. Then I read, that there is a Pioneer DJM 900 SRT available. I would like to work with SDJ (I have a Numark NS6 but I'm not satisfied with the Mastertempo/Key Lock Option, that's why I switched). Will there be a plugin in for the DJM 900 Nexus? Thanks, Alexander
VJ Justin Allen 11:53 AM - 15 September, 2013
The Pioneer DJM 900SRT has an internal Serato sound card built into it. Because of that there is no "plug-in" available for the DJM 900 nexus mixer. There are still ways to use Serato DJ with your mixer however right now they all involve using a Rane SL2, SL3, or SL4 as you "plug-in" device.
DJAlexander 5:21 PM - 15 September, 2013
Hello VJ Justin Allen, thanks for the reply.

Does the Pioneer DJM-900SRT support Traktor Pro 2.6. as well or is it limited to SDJ only?
VJ Justin Allen 8:04 PM - 15 September, 2013
Just Serato DJ. And of course it works like any other regular mixer. In my case I have the Pioneer Traktor Nexus and have a SL3 so I am set up for either type of DJ. You might want to consider throwing the DJM-900 up on e-bay, get a good price for it, and pick up the new one....or pick up a SL2, SL3, or SL4 :)
DJAlexander 11:39 AM - 3 October, 2013
Talked to the dealer, he will exchange it when the SRT arrives in his store (around middle of october)
DJAlexander 6:50 PM - 1 November, 2013
I just downloaded SDJ 1.5.1 an will install it tomorrow, since I don't have a show to play. I did get the DJM 900 SRT. I never worked with Scratch Live before, so I was confused to see the Pioneer comes with timecode vinyl.

When I hook up the Turntables to the DJM 900 SRT will I be able to play a "normal" Vinyl record as well when I don't want to use a digital track?

Can I play a digital track on the channels that are not connected to the Turntables ? If yes, how would I start them? With faderstart only?

Thanks for the help, and sorry my english.
deejdave 3:23 AM - 3 November, 2013
Quote:
Just Serato DJ. And of course it works like any other regular mixer. In my case I have the Pioneer Traktor Nexus and have a SL3 so I am set up for either type of DJ. You might want to consider throwing the DJM-900 up on e-bay, get a good price for it, and pick up the new one....or pick up a SL2, SL3, or SL4 :)

WRONG!! It works with Traktor the exact same way that the 900Nexus does. It also works with Rekordbox the same way as well.

I have the SRT and have done it. It has EVERY feature the 900Nexus does but simply adds more.

Quote:
In my case I have the Pioneer Traktor Nexus and have a SL3 so I am set up for either type of DJ.

I'm sorry WHAT MIXER DO YOU HAVE The Pioner Traktor Nexus?!?!? LMAO This is a new one. The SRT is a far superior device to the 900NEXUS as it does everything a 900Nexus would do without the hassle of extra wires and extra USB cables.

I have the 900SRT and can prove at any moment that it works. As a matter of fact I had the 900SRT running both Traktor & Serato DJ at the same time on the same laptop. EVERYTHING was great except the fact that the CDJ-2000 Nexus's can only run either SDJ or Traktor at any given time and not both. To have active control of both programs I used the Kontrol X1's to control Traktor (the inferior product) and the CDJ's to control Serato DJ.

Quote:
When I hook up the Turntables to the DJM 900 SRT will I be able to play a "normal" Vinyl record as well when I don't want to use a digital track?

Can I play a digital track on the channels that are not connected to the Turntables ? If yes, how would I start them? With faderstart only?

Yes you can play a normal Vinyl as well.

If you want to play "digital" as you call them tracks you would simpy use the transport controls on the laptop. This is not an ideal situation but it is possible.
DJAlexander 5:37 AM - 3 November, 2013
Quote:

Yes you can play a normal Vinyl as well.

If you want to play "digital" as you call them tracks you would simpy use the transport controls on the laptop. This is not an ideal situation but it is possible.

hello deejaydave,
thank you for the reply to my answer.
Since I never worked with a Pioneer DJM before (only NS6), it was a bit confusing for me the first time. I didn't know where to start and the different manuals confused me. But I found my way.

I hooked up my TT500 (Numark) on channel 1 and 4 and used timecode vinyl. The switch must be turned on to USB. If I just want to play a regular vinyl, I turn the switch to phono. Also realized, that I have to use mouse or keyboard to browse through the library and use shortcuts to load the tracks. Since I use a NS6 as well, the "scroll-knob" is very handy. I hooked up my CDJ 2000 Nexus as well. Worked good (have only tested for about 1 hour, so stabilty I could not test yet.

Have to practice with the timecodevinyl to get the best out of cue points etc.

Have you worked with the DDJ-SP1 from Pioneer as shown in the offical video by Serato? Can that effect-tool help a DJ to scroll/choose tracks and load to the choosen chanel he has the TT hooked up? The manual does not say that (and my dealer doesn't know).

Have a great weekend.

Thanks for the reply
deejdave 5:46 AM - 3 November, 2013
Yes I have used the Sp1. If you have used the Pioneer DDJ-SX (IMO the best controller available) then you know the layout and how effective it is. You saidn you have the CDJ-2000....................... so why are you not using the CDJ to browse & select tracks? Also used for cue points, loops etc.
deejdave 5:48 AM - 3 November, 2013
And YES the DDJ-Sp1 is exactly what you need to select songs for your TT's. Furthermore you should def find an alternative dealer due to the fact that this is common knowledge with minimal understanding of terms & features necessary.
WarpNote 2:08 PM - 3 November, 2013
@ deejdave, out of curiosity, did you try out the 900 srt with traktor timefode vinyl too?
After selling my 68, Im still undecided on what mixer to get yet, ie either 62, 64 or 900 srt...
deejdave 5:04 PM - 3 November, 2013
I did not. I only used it with the CDJ's in HID. I have heard it is possible but may need a little fudging with the registry.
WarpNote 10:30 PM - 4 November, 2013
Well in that case, the SRT is NOT fully compatible with traktor, as the NXS does support Traktor timecode. Remember, you can also use the 61, 62, 68 and probably the 64 with Traktor, or any other core audio/asio supported software.
deejdave 11:54 PM - 4 November, 2013
WRONG it is 100% compatible with Traktor but not compatible with Traktor Scratch...... REMEMBER I never said it was compatible with Traktor Scratch & REMEMBER Only Traktor Scratch uses timecode. When someone says a controller is compatible with Serato would you say they were wrong if it is not compatible with SSL?
alphanumerik 11:59 PM - 4 November, 2013
Does the DJM 900-SRT have Scratch Live compatibility? It will take me a hot minute to get up to speed on SDJ and would like to use this mixer in conjunction with Scratch Live for the next few gigs. I would assume that it would be able to operate Scratch Live like any other Serato interface but I want to confirm this before purchase.

Thanks in advance
deejdave 12:03 AM - 5 November, 2013
DJM-900SRT unfortunately does not support SSL but this is most likely a decission based on the fact that SSL is no longer being supported after 2014. The only way to use it with SSL is with a SL box.
WarpNote 9:52 AM - 5 November, 2013
Quote:
WRONG it is 100% compatible with Traktor but not compatible with Traktor Scratch...... REMEMBER I never said it was compatible with Traktor Scratch & REMEMBER Only Traktor Scratch uses timecode. When someone says a controller is compatible with Serato would you say they were wrong if it is not compatible with SSL?
Well, not about to start fighting with you dave, you're a upstand dude, and you have my respect, but you did in fact write:
Quote:
WRONG!! It works with Traktor the exact same way that the 900Nexus does. It also works with Rekordbox the same way as well.
which can be misunderstood, as the nxs is compatible with Traktor Scratch...
Anyway, gonna have a closer look at the srt this week, might be that Ill go pioneer this time, not Rane. I love the Rane mixers, but ALL local clubs has the pio 900 nxs installed...
DJAlexander 3:38 PM - 5 November, 2013
thanks deejaydave,

Quote:
If you have used the Pioneer DDJ-SX

no I never used that controller

Quote:
so why are you not using the CDJ to browse & select tracks?

My english is not the best. I should have added "If I don't want to carry the CDJ 2000 with me" (I'm a DJ that prefers to spin the tunes and don't use a lot of effects, loops etc.)

So if I have a DDJ-SP1 effect tool, browsing/loading tracks would be possible. I have to see it myself in another dealer store. That's more of a problem where I live (far out in the woods :-) The dealers here in our country are often overwhelmed with DJ gear. A good Store is about 90 minutes drive from where I live. And here we only have 2 lane-autobahn....not as comfy as in the USA or Germany.

But thanks, I will see into it. You helped me.

Alexander
WarpNote 7:44 PM - 5 November, 2013
@deejdave, I picked up the DJM900SRT myself today, looking forward to test it.
deejdave 9:39 PM - 5 November, 2013
Quote:
which can be misunderstood, as the nxs is compatible with Traktor Scratch...
Anyway, gonna have a closer look at the srt this week, might be that Ill go pioneer this time, not Rane. I love the Rane mixers, but ALL local clubs has the pio 900 nxs installed

I ended up getting both the 64 & the SRT and trust me you made the right move. You will see for youself. The Rane 64 has the better faders and arguably the better (warmer) sound. Additionally the dual USB's that some see as a benefit. In terms of computer swapping I see this only a benefit for clubs as not t be a dick but I don't want others using my mixer LOL. Seriously though. Have you seen the way some people treat mixers.................... especially one's that are not theirs? There are other benefits to having the dual USB's such as routing FX etc. Anyways USB, Faders, & sound (again arguably) are the benefits of the Rane 64 BUT THAT"S IT!! IMO. The Pioneer DJM-900SRT takes the cake in flexibility, performance & durability. Rane cue buttons are probably the worst creation ever. I don't know how they do it!! LMAO The amount of posts saying Rane 62 cue button issue & Rane cue problem. YET they always seem to involve the word AGAIN!! That is a shame. The build in general looks like a high school shop project. I will be the first to say it doesn't feel that way (GOD I love the way the faders feel) but the looks leave much to be desired.

Anyways I am not the only one who feels this way. There are already posts by several individuals listing the issues they have with their Rane 64 and yet a DJM-900Nexus issue post has yet to be seen (by me at least) in terms of hardware. The familiar feel, the proven performance, & the choice of using almost any software of choice are all rewards you will be welcomed with when choosing the SRT.
deejdave 9:41 PM - 5 November, 2013
Quote:
thanks deejaydave,

Quote:
If you have used the Pioneer DDJ-SX

no I never used that controller

Quote:
so why are you not using the CDJ to browse & select tracks?

My english is not the best. I should have added "If I don't want to carry the CDJ 2000 with me" (I'm a DJ that prefers to spin the tunes and don't use a lot of effects, loops etc.)

So if I have a DDJ-SP1 effect tool, browsing/loading tracks would be possible. I have to see it myself in another dealer store. That's more of a problem where I live (far out in the woods :-) The dealers here in our country are often overwhelmed with DJ gear. A good Store is about 90 minutes drive from where I live. And here we only have 2 lane-autobahn....not as comfy as in the USA or Germany.

But thanks, I will see into it. You helped me.

Alexander

All good! Glad I could be of some assistance. The issue by me at the DJ shops (which are plenty) is everyone is a "professional" and try to push everything on you. You gotta know what you want before you get there because they have EVERYTHING!!
WarpNote 10:31 PM - 5 November, 2013
Quote:
Rane cue buttons are probably the worst creation ever.
Uhm, well, you might know that I used to own the 68. The first one I had went back to the shop after 6-8 months or so, and they supplied me with a new one, as the cues and one rotary failed. (I'm more or less their goto-guy for serato/rane questions). The cues on the second 68 started to fail quite fast as well, and so did the other buttons.

However, I really like the sound of the Rane over Pio. Still considering getting a used 62 for SSL backwards compability, and for the fact that I never really owned a proper battle mixer. Also the ability to use the second usb for routing the signal over the fx bus in 68/62 is something that appeals to me for studio use. Ableton FX post fader is pretty powerful.
WarpNote 10:33 PM - 5 November, 2013
Quote:
In terms of computer swapping I see this only a benefit for clubs as not t be a dick but I don't want others using my mixer LOL
I often do tag team dj'ing, back to back style. But its time those guys bring they own gear, and most often I'll bring the SL4 to the club and leave my mixer at home anyway.
deejdave 11:53 PM - 5 November, 2013
Quote:
Still considering getting a used 62 for SSL backwards compability

Couldn't agree more. I am keeping my SL1 for this reason as well. I don't need a SL box for SDJ as I use the SRT, the 64, & the DDJ-SX so I will retire the SL4. I will however be keeping my SL1 forever. I actually just self serviced it and polished it up real nice. Looks good enough to be a show piece. They are probably selling for around $150 and maybe even less but I see the SL1 as THE revolutionary piece that may not have started it all but took it to a different level and gained the respect of the Professional DJ community at large. LARGE enough to catch my attention way back when after I swore I would NEVER switch to digital DJing..................... LOL Look at me now!!!

Everyone is so up in arms about the SSL/SDJ switch but I am looking at this as it was an amazing run, it owes me nothing, & I will forever be grateful for introducing me to the digital DJing world. Furthermore I have had NO ISSUES since day one with SSL or SDJ so ................. yeah!!
WarpNote 12:21 PM - 6 November, 2013
I'm with you! Kinda bummed I sold my SL1 now ;-)
But my SL4 is my workhorse, so gonna keep holding on to it.
If anything, I might sell the SX...
deejdave 10:05 PM - 6 November, 2013
I'm kinda keen of having a portable solution but I will say this, I will stop babying the DDJ-SX and it is officially allowed to come camping with me next year. HA
Mr Mora 1:51 PM - 15 November, 2013
Does the DJM 900 SRT do recording ????
Mr Mora 1:52 PM - 15 November, 2013
I mean can i record my own playlists ??
fdirfanco1 1:28 AM - 13 December, 2013
Having trouble setting up my 900srt to cdm 2000 nexus…. I have the CDJs going into the line input on Channel 1 and 2…I have the CDJs set to the correct deck number…and my computer hooked up to the USB Connection. My inputs on the mixer are set to Line on both channels and I cannot play that tracks loaded in the decks…My guess is the mixer is not talk to the CDJs for some reason. Please help
deejdave 2:19 AM - 13 December, 2013
The mixer does not talk with the CDJ's you need to turn the middle two channels (2&3) to USB and the CDJ's set to decks 1 & 2 and all will be fine as per user manuals instructions. When using the SRT with Serato the outputs of the CDJ's are not needed and there are also no inputs needed as the SRT acts as the sound card and doesn't even need the CDJ's to play music as per the user manuals instructions.
fdirfanco1 2:33 AM - 13 December, 2013
I wanna use my cdjs…not play internal…so how do i get my cdjs to work ?
deejdave 2:49 AM - 13 December, 2013
OK obviously didn't get the point of that statement. You leave the whole thing on internal anyways. Then you simply plug in both CDJ's via USB then select link button then select 1 for the left deck and 2 for the right deck. They will control channel 2 & 3. Just like I already said and just like the user manual says. If you take a little time to check the user manual out you will learn the actual functions of INT, ABS, & REL. Furthermore you would know that when using the players in HID mode you will select INT so YES you DO in fact want to play internal.
fdirfanco1 3:21 AM - 13 December, 2013
idk if your following me or i just can't figure it out I'm not trying to use record box…I want to use sera to dj and use my cdjs
deejdave 3:43 AM - 13 December, 2013
Obviously!! If you were trying to use rekordbox I would say connect ethernet not USB correct? Not to mention you would click rekordbox and NOT link correct? There really is no other way to explain it and it really is that simple. Get your mixer working with serato DJ then connect your CDJ's and get them controlling the decks exactly the way I said. I don't mean this to sound like an insult but I can tell you could VERRRY much benefit from reading the user's manual. I am guessing you will learn a crap load from doing so.

You will need DJM900SRT

2 x CDJ-2000Nexus

3X USB cables. That's it. NO RCA's, NO ethernet (cat5),

The mixer & the CDJ's all get connected to the laptop (hence the no communication between the mixer & CDJ's which only happens with Rekordbox) and you get them running accordingly. As I said get your mixer working first then get your CDJ's working. When you finally do take a look at what I wrote a few times already and see for yourself how exact my instructions were.
DJAlexander 9:17 AM - 18 December, 2013
thanks deejdave for the informations above. I just can add, invest time in reading the manuals (wich I'm still doing). But I'm never a 100% sure, is is right what I'm reading (LOL).

I am a bit disappointed the way I have to hook up the 900SRT if I want to use Rekordbox for practicing. Is this really the only solution, hooking up my Mac Book to a 900SRT with using a Lan-Switch? What would be, If I arrive in a club that has a DJM900Nexus (or DJM2000Nexus) that is not hooked up to a Ethernet-Switch? Would I always have to bring a USB-harddrive with the Rekordbox-data on it?

Currently I am not working clubs that do have a 900SRT or any Pioneer products and if, the mixers and CDJ's are so old, I would have to bring a SL-Rane-Box so I could work with SDJ 1.5.1

Currently I have not installed 1.5.2, because I am still working with the NS6 with 1.3. side by side without any major problems.

Thanks for your help, and sorry my english.
Kittyrox 11:40 PM - 18 December, 2013
I have been using a pair of DVJ-1000's with a Pioneer DJM-600 mixer for quite awhile - all DVD based (video dj'ing). I bought the 900SRT in hopes of ditching the DVDs and using Serato. Will I be able to use the DVJs with the 900srt? They don't have USB connections, just RCA. I'm still a newbie to this whole scene and am just trying to figure out how everything works together and if I'll need to sell off my DVJs and replace them with some CDJs. Any info is greatly appreciated!
deejdave 2:10 AM - 19 December, 2013
Yes you can but the DVJ-1000's are outdated and you may find yourself wanting newer CDJ's with HID capabilities compatible with Serato DJ. Using the DVJ's with SDJ for Video is the same concept as using the CDJ-1000's with Serato DJ. You will hook up your DVJ's to the SRT just as you would any other non HID supported player. If you wish to utilize the software you will be required to use a control disc with the DVJ. Again I stress you lose any/all special features the DVJ offers unless you are using them with DVD's as you would a few years back before Video SL let alone Serato Video. Furthermore being the DVJ's are not Midi compatible even a low end Denon player would prove to be more useful when considering use with DJ software. Essentially what I'm getting at is only your basic transport controls (Play, Cue, FFWD, RWND, Treck Next etc.) will be able to be used when using them with SDJ.
VJ Justin Allen 2:31 AM - 19 December, 2013
I have been using the DVJ-X1's for several years on Serato, and using video as well. While the points made by deejdave are valid there is one other thing to consider. The platter resolution on the DVJ machines are far greater than those on the CDJ's, and because of this are far more responsive. I couple my DVJ with a 900 nexus mixer and a tractor X1 and frankly have not noticed anything missing.
deejdave 2:43 AM - 19 December, 2013
How does that resolution compare to a CDJ using HID though? Furthermore have you tried using HID on a CDJ-2000? after using the CDJ-900's with control discs (as I didn't like the HID with SSL) and moved to HID with the 2000Nexus's I DID notice a HUGE difference.
Kittyrox 8:56 PM - 19 December, 2013
Thanks deejdave for the help... I followed your instructions earlier in the thread. I have the DVJs plugged into 2 & 3, switched to Internal mode on Serato, decks linked as 1 & 2 and control CDs in players. All I'm getting is a high pitched tone for both decks... am I missing something obvious?
deejdave 10:38 PM - 19 December, 2013
You are hearing the control tone. Did you open the DJM-900SRT setting utility software? It opens via the setup menu in Serato.
WarpNote 4:09 AM - 20 December, 2013
Kitty, Also make sure the the input switch for the channels are set to "USB Deck (X)" not CD,
as the sound source now is the usb from your computer, not the line signal CDJ/DVJ.
(that part is "only" read into the computer by SDJ for controlling the digital tracks in your computer.)
CANO 9:15 PM - 29 January, 2014
Question in regards to this discussion. I still seem to be a bit confused as to the DJM900srt tractor compatibility. I usually play out at house partys or clubs here in the city. Would this set up work? 2 NI X1's Mk. 2 and the 900srt having traktor simply output audio to each channel? Im currently a college student so I'm purchasing my kit part my part.
deejdave 10:10 PM - 29 January, 2014
Yes. It would work the exact same way it does with the 900 Nexus.
WarpNote 11:24 PM - 29 January, 2014
With the X1/Midi/Hid yes, but time code discs, still no? Have'nt got traktor installed myself, but might buy a license just for the h... of it, would I even be able to resell that license it I really dislike that software? Oops wrong forum, my deepest apologies.
CANO 3:59 AM - 3 February, 2014
Another question, would i just route the audio in the settings as i would for an external sound card?
deejdave 5:32 AM - 3 February, 2014
Yes. Just make sure you select the mixer as the sound card.
Bob-Nice 6:21 PM - 29 September, 2014
I'm playing an event out of town where sound rental house company is coming in to set up dj gear. I have an pioneer 900 srt. Will the srt their bringing have any issues reading my playlists and library?
deejdave 12:06 AM - 30 September, 2014
Quote:
I'm playing an event out of town where sound rental house company is coming in to set up dj gear. I have an pioneer 900 srt. Will the srt their bringing have any issues reading my playlists and library?

Your SRT doesn't read ANY library or playlist so NO. It is your laptop that does the reading. Remember you can view your entire library without the SRT even plugged it correct?
Bob-Nice 12:18 AM - 30 September, 2014
Ok. So I should be good to go
Thanks
JonnyD'Lux 10:06 PM - 4 November, 2014
So... Tonight I pickup my new Pioneer DJM-900 SRT on the way home from work. To say I'm psyched is an understatement.

Let me get this straight.

DJM-900 + Traktor Pro 2 + Three Vinyl Turntables (SL-1200 M3D) running Traktor Time Code Discs = NO GO! Failure...

DJM-900 + Traktor Pro 2 + Three CDJ's = Yes...

I'm a Serato DJ running three Technics 1200's so I'm not going to be too upset here... but I'd like it if my friends and I can have the options. I am NOT DOWN TO "hack" my mixer and/or software.

Thanks.
deejdave 11:05 PM - 4 November, 2014
You are correct. I HAVE done the Traktor Timecode/900SRT thing BUT it was strictly for testing purposesObviously you do NOT have to hack your mixer OR software but it does involve some registry work. Not your average user sort of thing so I would recommend sticking to SDJ when it comes to SRT & timecode.

On a side note if you do NOT already have one GET the DDJ-SP1!! Makes a world of difference.
JonnyD'Lux 11:28 PM - 4 November, 2014
The DDJ-SP1 is on the radar. I have a Traktor X1 for now and with the MIDI mapping opened up on the SDJ BETA I'll get that dialed tonight. I will say, however, the DDJ-SP1 looks like the PERFECT controller.

-Jon
deejdave 12:03 AM - 5 November, 2014
Yeah I have the X1 as well it's OK but falls short in many ways to the SP-1. The performance pads being the most important. You don't even have the option for Slicer etc. without them.

Take notice to this thread too which has a little insight to mapping the X1 specifically with SDJ.
DJ BRADON 5:03 PM - 10 November, 2014
I just purchased a DJM900SRT with 2 cdj 850. I use it with serato dj. Every time I increase or decrease the tempo by 2, the song sounds terrible. I cannot find a way to enable a keylock. Any suggestions?
deejdave 11:42 PM - 10 November, 2014
1.) Are you using Pitch n Time? 2.) You can activate right on the Serato screen. There is one on each side of the virtual decks.
DJ BRADON 2:07 AM - 11 November, 2014
Whats pitch n time?
deejdave 3:23 AM - 11 November, 2014
enhanced Keylock serato.com

If you can't figure out how to turn on the standard keylock i would def avoid PNT though. You can find out how to turn on the keylock here serato.com
WarpNote 12:29 PM - 11 November, 2014
Are you using HID or the control signal from cd/usb stick?
If using control signal and not HID, you need to turn on keylock in the software,
NOT on the player....
Niko Flores 8:59 AM - 6 December, 2014
So I am having the same problem. 2014 mbp retina
deejdave 9:43 PM - 6 December, 2014
What problem is that? Not satisfied with the keylock?
Niko Flores 4:44 PM - 8 December, 2014
No the problem the op is having.
deejdave 4:46 PM - 8 December, 2014
Quote:
I'm not satisfied with the Mastertempo/Key Lock Option

Isn't that his problem? Or are you looking to use the 900Nexus with SeratoDJ?
watchman 8:37 PM - 17 December, 2014
Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus Features reads;

Use the Scroll Knob to move through your library and crates and push to load tracks. Use the Back button to move back to your crate list and hit the Quantize button to also switch between the FX, SP-6 Sample Player & Recording panels in Serato DJ.

"Quantize button to also switch between the FX, SP-6" i'm using CDJ's in HID with DJM 900srt, but this function does not work for me,

deejdave can you advise please.
deejdave 8:44 PM - 17 December, 2014
You are on current SDJ version? This was an update and NOT there from the start.
watchman 8:52 PM - 17 December, 2014
deejdave 8:53 PM - 17 December, 2014
Haven't used the CDJ's since 1.7.2 final but I can confirm this is not working for me either. Can you post where you got that link?
watchman 8:58 PM - 17 December, 2014
serato.com

have you only just noticed yours is not working either.
deejdave 8:59 PM - 17 December, 2014
You know what? This was before they had the Quantize feature added maybe.Now Quantize works with Quantize. Originally there was NO quantize thus it could be used to scroll through panels. Furthermore you no longer need to scroll you can have multiple panels open.

JUST some thoughts off the top of my head. I haven't used the 2000's for this stuff since the SP1 so kinda rusty with it............. I am STILL looking into this for you though as there SHOULD still be some button to hit to open panels.
deejdave 9:00 PM - 17 December, 2014
serato.com

YES the date posted Sept 30th 2013 WAS before quantize was added.

Again I will check to see if it was moved to any other button/key on the nexus's.
watchman 9:04 PM - 17 December, 2014
that's great, thanks for help
deejdave 9:10 PM - 17 December, 2014
Quote:
have you only just noticed yours is not working either.

I don't use the cue points or loops etc on the players. I use the SP1 and Serato remote. The good news is Serato remote JUST added Quantize via 1.2 LOL.

I mean it makes sense that the Quantize controls quantize now instead. BUT they should have mapped SOMEthing in its stead for users without sub controllers.

I would assume (as long as you do NOT intend to use it) the USB stop button could be used or (if they changed how the SYNC button works) the "master" button could be used for this instead of simply being the SYNC off button.

Out of curiosity you would have to use the keyboard or a sub controller ANYWAYS in order to use whichever panel you are trying to navigate to anyways, no?
deejdave 9:11 PM - 17 December, 2014
Quote:
that's great, thanks for help

I will bring up to the team anyways.
watchman 9:18 PM - 17 December, 2014
i'm coming from a 57 so this is all new to me, dont want a sub controller just to get SP-6 & FX
deejdave 9:37 PM - 17 December, 2014
Quote:
i'm coming from a 57 so this is all new to me, dont want a sub controller just to get SP-6 & FX

But what I am saying is how are you going to control them? Let's say you access the panel via the CDJ.................. what now? You still have to activate the sample in the SP6 or turn the FX on in the FX panel etc. SOOO many other parameters too.

Not trying to be a pain LOL. I am hoping Serato comes back with an answer for us on how to: BUT just curious as the necessary controls are NOT on the players or mixer. The SRT offers its own set of FX and does not control the internal FX offered by Serato. Same goes for Record & the sampler. How do you plan to control these is all I am asking I guess. Just friendly curiosity?
deejdave 9:41 PM - 17 December, 2014
Also just checked there is ultimately no longer any way to do this via the CDJ.
watchman 10:36 PM - 17 December, 2014
your right, i don't know was assuming the quantize button would open SP-6 then maybe the back button would select the sample but how would i play it?
Am using send and return for a graphic equalizer which takes most of the effects out of the SRT so wanted to use from SDJ especially my own jingles SP-6

can you think of a better way connect a graphic equalizer, makes a big sound improvement.
deejdave 1:06 AM - 18 December, 2014
The inputs are 1/4" on your EQ I am assuming? How about RCA (Phono)inputs?
watchman 7:06 AM - 18 December, 2014
Will try that
Beatlogik 8:20 PM - 27 October, 2015
djtechtools.com

Does this mean that we wont be seeing any future firmware updates?
ekimono 8:58 PM - 25 November, 2015
Quote:
djtechtools.com

And probably be condemned to Yosemite.

Thnx pioneer.
WarpNote 5:28 PM - 27 November, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
djtechtools.com

And probably be condemned to Yosemite.

Thnx pioneer.

You probably need to brush up on your internet skills...

From Pioneer: -> www.pioneerdj.com
OS X El Capitan support: updated drivers available
We’ve released updated drivers to make the below products compatible with OS X El Capitan v10.11.1:

DJM-900SRT
DJM-S9
DDJ-RZ
DDJ-SZ
XDJ-RX
XDJ-AERO
ekimono 5:43 PM - 27 November, 2015
You. I do cause this is what I found:

www.pioneerdj.com

We have verified compatibilities with following models. Please see “SOFTWARE & FIRMWARE UPDATES” for details.

DJM-900NXS
DJM-2000NXS
DJM-2000
DJM-850
DJM-750
DJM-T1
DJM-5000
MEP-7000
RMX-500

No srt there. Maybe I need to brush up my logical thinking abilities too?
ekimono 5:45 PM - 27 November, 2015
You=Yup
watchman 10:41 AM - 18 December, 2015
DJM-900SRT have you noticed in windows task manager something called "system interrupts" causing higher cpu only when mixer is connected.

Can't see any updates for srt on pioneer for windows 10
deejdave 2:41 PM - 19 December, 2015
If I ever use the Srt with Windows laptop I will see if I notice the same.
watchman 3:57 PM - 19 December, 2015
Thanks, in Task Manager.
deejdave 11:30 PM - 19 December, 2015
Will do.
Joe Fresh 4:48 AM - 28 December, 2015
Just to clear things up -

Pioneer released El Capitan compatible drivers for the DJM-900SRT on December 21:
www.pioneerdj.com
dj penooo 7:34 AM - 24 January, 2016
how do i post a new topic in the forums? i have a question on how to attach 2 powered speakers to my controller.
ekimono 8:38 AM - 24 January, 2016
Quote:
Just to clear things up -

Pioneer released El Capitan compatible drivers for the DJM-900SRT on December 21:
www.pioneerdj.com

I saw that one, Thnx!
ekimono 3:39 PM - 7 February, 2016
Now this is weird.

Ive installed the latest drivers from pioneer, now Serato says Ive got outdated drivers and asks to install the new driver.

Next time I open Serato, it isnt working.

Sorry to say this but, dont think about buying a (2nd hand) DJM 900srt.

Its a pain in the butt.
deejdave 5:23 PM - 7 February, 2016
Not gonna lie the simple and always reliable policy of staying one OS behind has not failed me yet in regard to my hardware/software. I can understand having your everyday machines with the latest and greatest ad even testing your DJ/production apps on said machines but actually using your performance machine as your guinea pig (so to speak) seems too risky for my blood.
Mr. Goodkat 6:32 PM - 7 February, 2016
had the srt for 2 years, never one problem. its not the machine or software, its the mac os dumby.
WarpNote 6:36 PM - 7 February, 2016
Yep, I got the SRT myself when it dropped, not one problem ever.