Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Library view.

Johbremat 1:49 AM - 15 July, 2013
Display library on iPad rather than having to refer to notebook screen.

Provide a view to show deck counters as small fields and give the bulk of the screen (~90%?) to library and crates.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:41 AM - 15 July, 2013
This is something we want to do too :)
Joshua Carl 7:07 AM - 15 July, 2013
Co sign
Clayboy 4:28 PM - 15 July, 2013
Totally 100% agreed. Having library display on Ipad as well as Track/Artist ID on the Ipad remote for each deck is essential.
Big Pops 4:45 PM - 15 July, 2013
100% agreed
knox001 5:37 PM - 15 July, 2013
Quote:
Display library on iPad rather than having to refer to notebook screen.

Provide a view to show deck counters as small fields and give the bulk of the screen (~90%?) to library and crates.

+1

this is excactly what I need.

My vision is to work with Serato Remote through my whole gig, without touching my laptop the whole night...

A search function would be also necessary in this library view.
Clayboy 5:47 PM - 15 July, 2013
*Cough Cough VDJ app already does this *Cough Cough
musiclee 6:57 PM - 15 July, 2013
library, YES,

does the app have PLAY button?
i remeber seeing only CUE buttons, triggers, thx
Joshua Carl 7:06 PM - 15 July, 2013
Negative... I did not notice one.
Joshua Carl 7:08 PM - 15 July, 2013
It also needs 2 CENSOR BUTTONs!!!!!?
Percival 9:31 PM - 15 July, 2013
Just had my first play with it - awesome

Yes a library view please - so i can close the lid of my laptop. + A play (W/S) button as mentioned earlier would be a welcome addition.

Cheers
djcrap 10:56 PM - 15 July, 2013
yup +1
djaction 1:22 AM - 16 July, 2013
This is a MUST need feature (as well as being able to type in track names on the ipad via touchscreen).

Without this.. Remote is pretty much useless.
nikodb 1:21 PM - 16 July, 2013
+1...i also reffered to that...toggle between full play, library and effect SP3 modes would be awsome.....here is my thread serato.com
Sticky K 7:00 PM - 16 July, 2013
+10000000
SiRocket 1:09 AM - 17 July, 2013
YES!
SiRocket 1:09 AM - 17 July, 2013
with hidden keyboard support too?
dave28 4:28 PM - 17 July, 2013
Hell yeah for the PLAY button and library display.. Sounds good
PopRoXxX 8:43 PM - 17 July, 2013
+1,000,000!!!

2 main features I would love to see first:

1) Library view (with prepare features)
2) Control for ABS/REL/INT with pitch fader function and ability to play in INT (includes 911 INT mode)

Those two things would prett much make SSL function complete.
djnico 9:51 AM - 19 July, 2013
+1 for library view and with prepare features!
Support Windows 8 and Win 8 Rt 12:20 AM - 20 July, 2013
1+ a must feature
WarpNote 9:19 PM - 20 July, 2013
Quote:

Would love to see this Logan, and be sure to include the prepare window.

And again, congrats to Serato for putting out this app, very helpful,
and a nice alternative to my regular midi sub controllers.
WarpNote 9:21 PM - 20 July, 2013
I'd say this suggestion should be the the main priority for Remote v1.1,
or whatever you gonna call it :D
WarpNote 9:27 AM - 21 July, 2013
Another great thing would be offlline player mode, with the library view, ie prepare cues and loops directly on the ipad while offline. Could also be taken further, with file transfers to the ipad from SSL/SDJ, ie transfer a crate contents to the ipad, listen to the tracks and set cues/loops while disconnected to the computer, come back, and transfer the newly prepped files back to the computer.

Would be absolutely great when travelling for gigs...
Joshua Carl 5:02 PM - 21 July, 2013
Even if a streaming serato software app would stream files to your iPad from your Mac for editing, cues and loops...
(Rather than clutter your SSL/SDJ WIth anything else)

Fire up your Mac, launch the SeRato remote library management software
And edit your tags and such from the anywhere over a wifi.

(Obviously this would require an offline mode; no hardware)
PopRoXxX 6:31 PM - 21 July, 2013
+1 Josh & Warpnote!
VinnyBlanc 10:45 PM - 23 July, 2013
+1
LilSwann 4:20 PM - 25 July, 2013
Just a question as comparison to other apps do they offer a library view direct from the main software app? Using Traktor DJ as an example I know it has a library view but isn't it for songs you actually put on the iPad and not actually reading from the laptop software? Just trying to see because if that's the case then Serato could offer us this feature that no other DJ app has which would be great!!!
benn low kill 8:05 PM - 31 July, 2013
+1
musiclee 3:52 AM - 7 August, 2013
+ one million
Dj Fitty 6:22 PM - 8 August, 2013
Quote:
Just a question as comparison to other apps do they offer a library view direct from the main software app? Using Traktor DJ as an example I know it has a library view but isn't it for songs you actually put on the iPad and not actually reading from the laptop software? Just trying to see because if that's the case then Serato could offer us this feature that no other DJ app has which would be great!!!

this is a feature already out there, you can also stream and preview the track from the ipad incase you are away from the booth
revdok 7:44 AM - 31 August, 2013
Oh Serato Gods!!! Pleaaassssse?

+1 for library view with prepare features and play button.

Gamechanger...
Kemistry 9:33 PM - 3 September, 2013
SERATO MAKERS PLEASE RESPOND!!

I totally agree that we need a LIBRARY VIEW, PLAY FACILITY and SEARCH..
Tiger4life 6:02 PM - 9 September, 2013
+1
officialJoshuaJ 5:24 AM - 10 November, 2013
I agree this would be a game changer. I love this app but I'm disappointed that I can't search or see the library/crates within the app. I really hate having to look at my MacBook screen for music selection and this app could solve my life problems. The waveform scrolling in ssl is useless to me so it's would be no biggie to close the lid and mix away. Please fix this!
Dj Bassick 1:23 AM - 8 December, 2013
+1 for library, playlist, crate viewing. It's a must. Don't need the waveform. Time is sufficient.
Johbremat 12:32 AM - 10 December, 2013
By no means would I suggest that library navigation proper would be an easy tasks to implement, but I'm assuming it's not going to be entirely impossible.

Architecture is obviously different but touchAble 2 support Live in a BIG way, being able to return the instrument name in a rack, and be able to browse-then-drag-and-drop instruments to tracks.

That a third-party can do this, we can only hope that Serato can library navigation + search having demonstrated they can do remote control well (while respecting it could take a bit as its no mean feat).
DJ Little Nemo 9:10 AM - 17 December, 2013
+1
Totally agree

I used Serato Remote and the lack of library view makes clearly impossible to use the browse buttons properly.

+ an 'ADD TO PREPARE' Button will be great !

of course, a search facility will be awsome also...
ral 5:10 PM - 19 December, 2013
+1
Dino Moran 10:00 PM - 19 December, 2013
YES Please add a library search function with a pop up keyboard.
That would really be the most essential function I could wish for as then I wouldn't need to touch my laptop at all.
anonymousdr555 11:31 AM - 21 December, 2013
I suggested something simliar here... serato.com

Basically, there could be an extra "layer" kind off with real library view, crates etc...

If sliding sideways, up or down etc, layer could simply come up... (As ios7 has itself with shortcuts, newsfeed etc)

As i also mentioned, even though many are for effects, pads etc... others, myself included, might find serato as an option to vinyls more important, meaning, implememnt a real library in order to NOT having to look at the laptop screen during a gig...

Would be the ultimate solution ... :)

/Jack
Dj_OfficialATL 7:06 PM - 25 December, 2013
I need the library view! All the pads and fx are irrelevant. VDJ app does already have it
Dino Moran 7:36 PM - 25 December, 2013
To be fair! The war is on between Serato,Pioneer and Traktor. SDJ is nice but Traktor have got years head start on the synch feature.
Serato remote including a great key board search feature would make all the difference in securing Serato's place ahead of Traktor and Pioneer flash drives with Record box.
anonymousdr555 11:05 PM - 25 December, 2013
Quote:
I need the library view! All the pads and fx are irrelevant. VDJ app does already have it

I agree, even tho its nice with fx pads etc, the whole idea of serato was to emulate vinyl, meaning in order to keep the original idea, a library view would be more important than any other whistles and bells... Hope they will fix this soon...
anonymousdr555 2:12 PM - 3 February, 2014
Any news in rgds to this? Looking at other feature suggestions this one seems to have more followers than any other... Serato people, is this going to be fixed anytime soon? Cheers
Dino Moran 5:56 PM - 3 February, 2014
Would be nice to hear from someone at Serato about weather this is likely to happen soon or if I should just give up wishing for it???
Seriously would be a game changer.

P.s upsizing the track view would also be a nice touch. I can live without the large turning record plater look for a clearer view of track progression please
anonymousdr555 11:53 AM - 4 February, 2014
Yeah like said... Looking at threads in feature suggestion this one seems to be the one people actually wish for more than other stuff...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:27 AM - 5 February, 2014
Hey guys,

After a couple small additions we'd like to make to the Remote, this is next on the list. So you won't see it in the next release but maaaaybe the one after. I can't give you an ETA right now but it's high on the Remote list I assure you :)
SiRocket 6:26 AM - 5 February, 2014
small additions makes me happy! :)
WarpNote 9:52 AM - 5 February, 2014
Great news Logan!
Dino Moran 9:53 AM - 5 February, 2014
Great! I love the app and look fwd to the improvements
thank you
Ash Simons 8:42 PM - 10 February, 2014
+1 then you can load songs, while you are drinking shooters with the barmaid at the beginning of the night :P
anonymousdr555 10:47 AM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
Hey guys,

After a couple small additions we'd like to make to the Remote, this is next on the list. So you won't see it in the next release but maaaaybe the one after. I can't give you an ETA right now but it's high on the Remote list I assure you :)

Great :)
deepdjdanny 3:39 AM - 20 February, 2014
Stuff it all.
Serato DJ Full iOS/OSX/PC App.

:)
Patrick Bickerton 10:11 PM - 16 March, 2014
I'm confused - has this been rolled out, and if so does it work? I bought the app as it clearly advertises full library control but I couldn't seem to get it to work at all.
Ash Simons 7:23 AM - 17 March, 2014
It only remplace the up and down arrows from your keyboard.
You don't see (yet) any tracks on the app
Patrick Bickerton 8:46 PM - 17 March, 2014
Thanks Ash - so full library control is pretty misleading then really... Cheeky when it costs about £15 if I remember correctly!
diego vega 12:39 AM - 28 March, 2014
+1
RubixDigitales 10:40 AM - 19 April, 2014
+1!

I really love the concept of SDJ remote helping hide the laptop and reducing serato to a smaller screen for less clutter and better connection with the audience. The only thing stopping me from hiding the laptop altogether is that I cannot navigate the library properly and still have to refer to the laptop screen. I feel that it's the only 'core' aspect missing from the remote. As SiRocket pointed out, having some kind of pop-up onscreen keyboard to search in library for tracks would be amazing!
dj zaza 8:13 AM - 9 May, 2014
useful addition to the library, I would add the ability to move in the track by sliding your finger on the track display in another, so as not having to move the needle in case you want to go forward through the song. as in ddj left or mk2 traktor x1. I hope it is a good idea to play together breaks and at the library
zoomwire 9:11 AM - 15 August, 2014
+1 for me library view would be the main reason to buy serato remote! I already have all the fx and sample control via my ddj-sx.
PabMan 2:11 AM - 21 August, 2014
I was hoping this feature would have been added by now.

The apps been out for over a year
Dino Moran 7:07 AM - 21 August, 2014
Yeah I really hoped that this would have been in play by now considering how many people have requested it and what an obvious improvement it would be.
I would even pay for the add on upgrade if necessary.
PopRoXxX 6:13 PM - 21 August, 2014
I honestly would have felt ANY update would have been out by now. Lol! Maybe we will see some traffic over here after the 1.7 drop in September. They would probably want to add that new "flip" feature on there somewhere, but I hope there's more than just that coming down the pipeline
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:48 PM - 21 August, 2014
Don't worry guys we haven't forgotten about Serato Remote. We have some cool updates lined up!
Joshua Carl 9:31 PM - 22 August, 2014
^^^ That's what's up
PopRoXxX 6:15 PM - 23 August, 2014
Quote:
Don't worry guys we haven't forgotten about Serato Remote. We have some cool updates lined up!

+100!!
DJ Double Z 2:36 AM - 25 August, 2014
Quote:

YES! Don't leave out the Remote Mini either! It'd be awesome to be able to scroll through folders/tracks on the iPhone app too similar to how other music apps work on it.
Axelv 4:09 PM - 4 September, 2014
library view +1!!!
armed98 7:41 PM - 14 October, 2014
At the least can we get the ability to open sub-crates in the next version? and some Censor buttons and pitch bend would be great features to add as an incremental update until the full blown 2.0 version is released.
DJ Yaitanis 2:53 PM - 20 November, 2014
Quote:

Hey any word on this??? Is it coming any time soon like Thanks Giving???
Drew T 4:25 PM - 8 December, 2014
Yes I would like to see the library and it be a truly remote app via wifi like many other products
microwavdj 7:04 AM - 22 December, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Hey any word on this??? Is it coming any time soon like Thanks Giving???

They updated it but no signs of Library View... kind of a joke if you ask me
Big Pops 4:56 AM - 27 December, 2014
Library view is a must
ogrosic 10:42 PM - 20 January, 2015
Library view in serato remote is the most important update. Please put in next update. I have serato dj on desktop computer and home led tv is my monitor. Ddj sx is in place where I don't see tv when mixing, with serato remote I don't have look at tv, except when loading songs, and that is frustrating.
Quote· Permalink
PabMan 1:27 AM - 13 February, 2015
It's been years now. Don't think we will ever get it.
anonymousdr555 9:03 AM - 17 April, 2015
Is this a joke? Going on 2 years now..

remote without the library view is nothing but a toy..

What is even more frustrating is how the posted here ages ago saying they're on this and then nothing for another 6 months! Dudes, if you dont listen to your costumers you will end up loosing them! Keep in mind there are other players on the market...

Embarrassing tbh, you have a huge list of people requesting this and It aint even that hard to put in a code for a feature like this..

I can get you some guys at my uni to do this for you within a few days, not years ;)

/ Highly disappointed costumer
Manny C dot com 6:13 AM - 11 May, 2015
Quote:

What is even more frustrating is how the posted here ages ago saying they're on this and then nothing for another 6 months! Dudes, if you dont listen to your costumers you will end up loosing them! Keep in mind there are other players on the market...

Embarrassing tbh, you have a huge list of people requesting this and It aint even that hard to put in a code for a feature like this..

I can get you some guys at my uni to do this for you within a few days, not years ;)

Manny C dot com 6:15 AM - 11 May, 2015
Quote:

+1,000

And actually, this would be even better: serato.com
DJ Yaitanis 11:36 AM - 13 May, 2015
I would like to commend Serato for all of their accomplishments and I am sure drinking the best Milk in New Zeland helps them think about the greatest things to do.

Unfortunately library view isn't one of them. And I guess great things Comming has taken a back seat to Karaoke which only causes the need for More people now to view th freeking library!

Get with it!
maarawoe 10:34 AM - 18 May, 2015
Quote:

22 August, 2014........
dirtydexta 5:18 PM - 22 June, 2015
Any progress? I'd be keen to move back to Serato if this update ever arrived!

Chris, London
DJ Yaitanis 7:01 PM - 22 June, 2015
Don't worry be happy
djenzyme 6:58 PM - 24 June, 2015
New Serato user here! Library view would be great, I've just been using the Remote and i have to use it lying on my laptop keyboard whilst browsing tracks. It kind of defeats its own purpose...
Adrianphonic 4:35 PM - 20 July, 2015
Please add already. Especially since serato has no automix or playlist mode.
Adrianphonic 4:42 PM - 20 July, 2015
(Autoplay is weak)
DJMIYAGI 6:50 PM - 10 August, 2015
We need this so badly. Come on Serato!! Give us waveforms and flip on the ipad too!!
imageshack.us
Dino Moran 10:47 PM - 19 August, 2015
2 basic features on Remote, thats all please!!!!!

1. Library view
2. Deck mode selector

Surely these should have been the first priorities?

Dont get it???? What is holding these obvious requirements up?
microwavdj 3:41 AM - 20 August, 2015
They don't care about a 20$ product... simple....

Better watch your mouth before announcing features that will never be implemented...
dev79 1:35 AM - 22 August, 2015
+100
mixxinmel 10:58 PM - 30 August, 2015
Man we been asking for the upgrades for 2 years so far LOL.. I'll WAIT!!!
SiRocket 2:08 AM - 19 November, 2015
QXZY 2:57 PM - 27 August, 2017
Hi Serato. I recently bought you as I want to improve my hybrid DJ setup which I use to run my band. I like the idea of video/lights integration. However, the Serato Remote app is soo limited! I have no library control nor can I beat jump, both of which are essential. I want to run my gig from iPad only as previous, only with your excellent lights/video options. Please update this!!!!!!!
acemc 5:30 PM - 27 August, 2017
Quote:

This was said by LOGAN in 2013!!! We are now in the last quarter of 2017.
Dear Serato........WTF is wrong with you guys?
Pull some finger please.
QXZY 5:44 AM - 28 August, 2017
I'm within the 30 days of purchase and I'm actually tempted to return the product/interface because of this... I really was relying on being able to fully iPad DJ. Tell you what, if you can tell me when this is going to happen Serato then I won't return the product!! :-)
QXZY 5:47 AM - 28 August, 2017
Currently I use the app DJDJ and it is excellent, recommended by ableton. Of course it doesn't have your video/dmx capabilities hence why I am looking to you guys...
acemc 9:29 PM - 28 August, 2017
Quote:
if you can tell me when this is going to happen Serato then I won't return the product!! :-)

Now that's really wishful thinking
M.adaM 10:24 PM - 5 September, 2017
It can't be that difficult!
Efandy 8:37 PM - 1 March, 2018
Kind of wish I read this forum prior to remote purchase. Assumed library view would be available in 2018.

Can someone at Serato please advise if this is being developed for next release?
DJMIYAGI 9:41 PM - 1 March, 2018
Quote:
Can someone at Serato please advise if this is being developed for next release?

New features were "coming soon" in 2014 and we still never got them yet.
Despo 4:04 AM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

New features were "coming soon" in 2014 and we still never got them yet.

safe to say serato remote isnt even being developed anymore
M.adaM 6:03 AM - 2 March, 2018
I get things from Serato like
"Great idea" or so for ALL my ideas for YEARS now.
Nothing happened
This suggestion forum isalso for us
Serato empolyees are banned from here.
Never seen any for a single reply!

SERATO!
U GONA LOOSE YOUR USERS!