Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Library in serato remote

anonymousdr555 10:55 PM - 17 December, 2013
Hi, was wondering if there will be an update anytime soon with a real library "mirroring" in serato remote... meaning not needing to look at laptop while scrolling through songs, crates etc...

Cheers
anonymousdr555 12:28 AM - 18 December, 2013
??
Serato, Support
Matt P 9:54 PM - 18 December, 2013
Hi anonymousdr555,

This isn't planned at the moment. As you could imagine Screen real estate is very limited.

How would you imagine this would be implemented?

If you have any good ideas we're keen to see them.

Regards

Matt P
anonymousdr555 11:30 AM - 19 December, 2013
Quote:
Hi anonymousdr555,

This isn't planned at the moment. As you could imagine Screen real estate is very limited.

How would you imagine this would be implemented?

If you have any good ideas we're keen to see them.

Regards

Matt P

Well, simply tap a "library button" and whole sceen becomes the library except for the 2 mini decks up at the top... Or, slide to side and get a new screen with library etc etc...

Jack
anonymousdr555 11:38 AM - 19 December, 2013
Basically as another layer in the background, same as you have on iphone/ipod/ipad when sliding up or down, you then get news feed or shortctucts etc... Or button option as mentioned if thats easier... Thing is, Even though I´m pretty sure many Djs out there are suckers for effects etc, personally i use serato as an alternativ to vinyl, (it is a good one btw :)) and only thing thats been bugging me so far is the need of looking at the computer screen... Serato remote is on the right track here to eliminate that need, though, a library layer kind of solution would def make it so... ;)
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:39 PM - 19 December, 2013
Hi anonymousdr555,

These are good suggestions. I'm gonna move this to the Feature suggestions area. this will get the thread a bit more support and attention.

Matt P
10:39 PM, 19 Dec 2013
Discussion moved to Serato Remote Feature Suggestions
anonymousdr555 3:31 PM - 20 December, 2013
ok, thanks...
Menace 4:00 PM - 24 February, 2014
I would love the see the library too so that I can see what I load into a Deck. I also wish I could see the waveforms of the playing tracks on the iPhone (like on an iPad).
anonymousdr555 5:22 PM - 24 February, 2014
Quote:
I would love the see the library too so that I can see what I load into a Deck. I also wish I could see the waveforms of the playing tracks on the iPhone (like on an iPad).

According ti what i saw on another thread, it Seems they are on it and should be released possibly for the next next coming version... Talking bout the library view that is...
Lynn Sound Systems 8:33 PM - 24 February, 2014
I Agree this would make the remote wayy cooler , It would be nice to be able to walk away from the decks during dinner and be able to see the track name that your loading. I use a crate that has already selected music and just drop them on the decks with remote , but it would be cool to know what song it is from the remote. couldnt you just make as staed above a button the switchs the lower half of the screen to libray view and it show the crate your in, and have a small display near the virtual deck with the track inof of the curently loaded track like a mini version of what you see on the laptop but with out all of the buttons around the deck. Its funny that i can seen the names of the tracks i load on to the sample players but not whats on the virtual decks.
anonymousdr555 11:31 PM - 24 February, 2014
Yeah well like said, one of the serato guys said on other thread that its in the works so... ;)
Menace 11:39 PM - 24 February, 2014
Being able to also see the waveforms of the playing tracks would be cool because in some clubs my Laptop is beneath the DJ pult. It would be cool to see the song brakes etc. on the iPhone for better FX release actions etc. without the need to look down to my laptop :-)
Menace 11:41 PM - 24 February, 2014
But for this topic:

+1 for Library view :-)
anonymousdr555 11:35 AM - 27 February, 2014
I agree, the while point why i started using serato was to emulate vinyl as closely as possible... Having to look at and click around on laptop has been the only thing bugging me... Serato remote with a proper library would sort that ;)
anonymousdr555 6:54 PM - 27 February, 2014
dj zaza 7:45 AM - 9 May, 2014
useful addition to the library, I would add the ability to move in the track by sliding your finger on the track display in another, so as not having to move the needle in case you want to go forward through the song. as in ddj sx or mk2 traktor x1. I hope it is a good idea to play together breaks and at the library
drj 8:45 PM - 18 June, 2014
This is how I see this getting implemented in the standard view. This would be something that you would turn on in the system settings:

imgur.com

I think there is some room to move things around, even on the ipad mini. It would also be nice if you could browse crates/folders and tracks from one of the tabs.

If you added a tab called "library" you could browse right from that tab. It would be very useful for people.

Hoping to get away from the laptop all together. It hinders our ability to interact with the crowd.
Steve Francesco 12:56 AM - 16 July, 2014
Click anywhere on top of a paused deck
Library opens fullscreen
Select track >option of "preview" and "load" appears beside it.
Load track into deck.

Looking at the laptop screen is a PITA.

Just for the record I do not own Serato Remote currently, and won't be buying it until browsing the library from the ipad becomes available as its the only function I would require it for.
zoomwire 9:04 AM - 15 August, 2014
+1 for a full library view.
Andrew Swift 1:59 PM - 4 October, 2014
+ 1 for library view
Menace 2:14 AM - 8 October, 2014
Will there be ever any update of the App?
DJ Trice 11:06 AM - 2 November, 2014
Hi,

If we can have the PREPARE (crate) on the ipad, it may be a good thing to start behore having the entire library :-)
MC Fresh Jams 10:42 PM - 20 December, 2014
Wish List: For Serato to put out an ipad app that can control pioneer controllers without needing a laptop.

Traktor has a stand alone ipad app that allows you to perform without needing a laptop. I would love to leave my laptop at home and instead just take my controller and ipad to a gig.
MC Fresh Jams 10:45 PM - 20 December, 2014
Imagine using a serato ipad app (like this traktor app) to use with your controller (without needing a laptop)!!

Watchwww.youtube.com
DMT 9:29 PM - 14 March, 2015
Please add library view and search
WarpNote 8:19 AM - 19 March, 2015
+ 1
VictorMike 10:38 PM - 29 March, 2015
+1
DJ Trice 12:23 PM - 1 April, 2015
+1
papagp 2:33 PM - 2 April, 2015
+1
william.werd 12:58 AM - 10 April, 2015
+9000, if dennon could pull off library browsing via the Engine app Serato could just as easy.
Adrianphonic 4:33 PM - 20 July, 2015
+1

Pioneer xdj series have had this ability for a while...
DJMIYAGI 6:51 PM - 10 August, 2015
We need this so badly. Come on Serato!! Give us waveforms and flip on the ipad too!!
imageshack.us
dissideo 9:38 PM - 14 August, 2015
+500! :-)))

I was really surprised that the App didn't have this feature when I bought it. It seemed so obvious to be able to throw tracks to the decks.

Actually it would be ideal if the app had it's functionality as close as possible to displays on CDjs. Library view, waveform display, probably a needle search function. But I just will be happy with the Library!
Big Pops 4:56 AM - 31 August, 2015
Library view Please, nice image DJMIYAGI.
Despo 2:04 AM - 4 January, 2018
+1111
Azzatron 2:01 AM - 8 January, 2018
+1
Le Frique 6:20 PM - 16 December, 2018
+1

+ Sampler-Pads Update
+ Serato-Play-Integration
M.adaM 9:30 AM - 21 December, 2018
+1, or any number between 1 and million