Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

ddj -sx FREEZES WHILE PLAYING

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DjAle.com 11:44 PM - 27 June, 2013
ddj -sx FREEZES WHILE PLAYING

Im at a gig right now and my controller has freeze 5 times!

What can i do please help me im on tour now and have to play tomorrow!!!

PLEASE HELP!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 12:30 AM - 28 June, 2013
Hey DjAle.com,

Firstly could I please have your computers full specs? Also let me know if you have any USB devices connected while you DJ.

When you say the controller freezes does it affect the audio or do you just lose control of the DDJ-SX for a moment?

Do the waveforms on screen stop or does the software freeze at all?

What is your USB buffer set to under Setup > Hardware > USB Buffer Size?

Cheers, Sam
DjAle.com 12:41 AM - 28 June, 2013
Helo Sam thanks for a fast answer.
The new Mac book Air 1,7 ghz intel core i7
8Gb ram.

NO USB devices connected while you DJ.

It dont affekt the audio but i kant do anything with the controller just the master works.

the computer works fine. the software works just fine.

the buffer is set to 128/2

Thanks!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 12:47 AM - 28 June, 2013
Thanks man,

Quote:
It dont affekt the audio but i kant do anything with the controller just the master works.

Do you have to wait until the controller becomes responsive or do you reset the controller to get it to work?

Quote:
the buffer is set to 128/2

Try increasing the buffer size by one or 2 clicks and see if that helps.

Have a mix and let me know how it goes,

Cheers, Sam
DjAle.com 9:13 AM - 28 June, 2013
Ok i have dune a mix and now the controller goes on auto loop by it self!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 11:39 PM - 30 June, 2013
Hey DjAle.com,

Did the changes we make help with the freezes you were experiencing?

Quote:
the controller goes on auto loop by it self!

The problems may be related but I want to check a couple things first..

Does this only happen to tracks which already have loops saved that you use when you perform? Or does this happen to random tracks, loops in random places?

Had you been using the loop function at all before this happened?

If you connect your controller and just play songs from start to finish do you get any random loops?

Let me know,

Sam
Seratobel 8:35 PM - 15 July, 2013
same problem here: serato.com
Serato, Support
Sam GG 8:51 PM - 15 July, 2013
Hey Seratobel,

I can see my colleague is helping you out. We are currently investigating the issue and Rui will jump back in and continue helping you today.

Cheers, Sam
Seratobel 8:55 PM - 15 July, 2013
Allright, it just seems to me that several users report the exact same issue so just wanted to centralize the info.

Thanks for the support
Serato, Support
Sam GG 8:57 PM - 15 July, 2013
Yeah I have seen a few posts around with the same issue, we are compiling them here so we can hopefully get it sorted for all the users experiencing the issue.

Sam
DjAle.com 7:52 AM - 16 July, 2013
I reinstall the software to my mac and the controller and it haven't freeze again!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:40 PM - 16 July, 2013
Hey DjAle,

I'm glad that you have got it all working! I'll close this thread for now but feel free to reopen it if you have any more issues.

Cheers, Sam
Serato, Support
Sam GG 2:01 AM - 17 July, 2013
Hey DjAle,

One of my colleagues has found a few more users experiencing the same issues with the brand new 6,2 MBAir. He is doing some further testing to try and pinpoint the issue. I would highly recommend following this thread for updates if you have one of the 6 series MacBook Air's: serato.com

Cheers, Sam
Dj Lil' jo 9:09 AM - 9 August, 2013
I am using a 2010 MacBook Pro. 500gb, 8gb ram.
Serato latest update 1.2

My Ddj-sx freezes several times mid gig.

The software continues to run on the laptop but the ddj stops - the lights on the jogs stop spinning and the sound drops out.

If I restart the ddj the sound comes back on.

Doing hi profile London gigs and can't afford for this to happen anymore, do u know why this could be? Please help.

Thanks jo
Serato, Support
Sam GG 11:25 PM - 12 August, 2013
Hey Dj Lil' jo,

Although your issues may seem similar to DJ Ales problem the cause could be entirely different and the best bet to get a solution for you is to create you own help request here: serato.com

Me or one of my colleagues will jump in and help you out ASAP. In the meantime, have a look in other threads and try some of the fixes that are suggested.

Cheers, Sam
Mat-Ravers 6:02 AM - 19 August, 2013
Im having the same problems on my week old mb air Just spent over a grand to have a computer that actually works right and running into problems like this is very aggravating please fix
Mat-Ravers 6:02 AM - 19 August, 2013
Im having the same problems on my week old mb air Just spent over a grand to have a computer that actually works right and running into problems like this is very aggravating please fix
Dj Lil' jo 4:44 PM - 19 August, 2013
Hi sam,
I'm wondering if my problem is to do with the power cable...

The computer remains working perfectly, the track continues to play, there is no buffer issue - it is simply the ddj freezing.

Well the other night I noticed the power cable has a lot of kinks on it, it's quite a hard rubber not so soft and flexible. (I'm aware of all the innuendo here!)
Anyways, I spent some time straightening it out.
Fingers crossed have not had a freeze since.

Does this sound like it could be a possibility?
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:21 PM - 19 August, 2013
Hey Guys,

My colleague Aaron has been handling a large thread with a number of users experiencing the same issue with the brand new Macbook Air's: serato.com

A number of users have found that updating their OS X to the latest beta version has provided them with a fix for the time being.

Check out that thread, there is a link for the latest OS X beta inside.

Cheers, Sam
Mat-Ravers 9:28 PM - 19 August, 2013
Thanks going to try this tonight the guy at simply mac will be pleased that i didnt have to throw the MB air at him.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:43 PM - 19 August, 2013
Alright Mat-Ravers,

Have a go, also have a good read of that thread for some more background information.

Cheers, Sam
Mat-Ravers 12:02 AM - 20 August, 2013
Do i DL delta or combo
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:15 AM - 20 August, 2013
Hey Mat-Ravers,

Talk to the users in that thread, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Cheers, Sam
Mat-Ravers 1:18 AM - 20 August, 2013
Good to go thanks to all you guys I won't loose sleep tonight thinking I bought a piece of crap and I stuck with it so thanks p.l.u.r.

And cheers
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:46 AM - 20 August, 2013
Glad to hear it!
7:04 AM, 3 Sep 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.