Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

VESTAX VCI 300 FREEZES since I opened the box

Frankie Falcione 10:04 PM - 15 October, 2008
I purchased a VCI 300 thinking two great companies Serato and Vestax couldn't get it wrong! Well I was completely wrong!

I received my unit, set it up and within 30 seconds the unit froze. I called tech support and they confirmed all the settings. I re-booted and seconds later, it Froze! The data light turns solid red and all controls buttons on the VCI blink then turn solid. The internal wiring is not solid, if I slightly tap the unit all lights blink and it loses power. It's obvious that I'm not the only one experiencing the issue.

The day I received my unit, I had to drive 18 miles to drop it off to a service center for Vestax. After Two weeks the service center informed me they sent the unit to Japan (Vestax's headquarters) because the unit was irrepairable. One month later, I do not have a unit and i'm out $899.00!

I plan on returning the unit as soon as I receive a new one, after reading all the negative reviews on Serato's forum. I believe Vestax should recall all the VCI 300's and come back to the market with a quality product that we the Professional DJ's demand as we are only as good as our equipment!

DO NO RECOMMEND THIS UNIT TO ANYONE!

Frankie Falcione
Frankie Falcione 10:07 PM - 15 October, 2008
When I say it Freezes, the VCI 300 UNIT FREEZES not the software. The song continues to run on the Software until it finishes. I can use the software controls.
Serato
Dylan W 1:13 AM - 16 October, 2008
Hi Frankie,

We will work with you to resolve this issue as best we can, you having a good time with a Serato and Vestax product is both companies top priority.

You seemed to have posted this same info in many places on the forum.
I have responded in your help request discussion to help you resolve this problem.

serato.com

Thanks
Dylan.