Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Vestax VCI 300 HARDWARE LOCKS UP and FREEZES since PURCHASE!

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Frankie Falcione 10:13 PM - 15 October, 2008
Product: itch
Version: 1
Hardware: vestax-vci-300
Computer: mac
---

purchased a VCI 300 thinking two great companies Serato and Vestax couldn't get it wrong! Well I was completely wrong!

I received my unit, set it up and within 30 seconds the unit froze. I called tech support and they confirmed all the settings. I re-booted and seconds later, it Froze! The data light turns solid red and all controls buttons on the VCI blink then turn solid. The internal wiring is not solid, if I slightly tap the unit all lights blink and it loses power. It's obvious that I'm not the only one experiencing the issue.

The day I received my unit, I had to drive 18 miles to drop it off to a service center for Vestax. After Two weeks the service center informed me they sent the unit to Japan (Vestax's headquarters) because the unit was irrepairable. One month later, I do not have a unit and i'm out $899.00!

I plan on returning the unit as soon as I receive a new one, after reading all the negative reviews on Serato's forum. I believe Vestax should recall all the VCI 300's and come back to the market with a quality product that we the Professional DJ's demand as we are only as good as our equipment!

The VCI Freezes and not the software, Serato is a great product! bad choice teaming with Vestax!
Serato
Dylan W 12:46 AM - 16 October, 2008
Hey Frankie,

I'm sorry that you've had such a mission getting up and running with a VCI unit, the issue you are experiencing is a hardware problem and we are working with Vestax to resolve it for all effected users.

Please bear in mind that this is the help forum and people come here when they have a problem, there are 1000's of VCI's out there being used happily and a small number of people experiencing problems. I'd be happy to to help you work with Vestax to get your unit replaced as soon as possible so that you can enjoy what we think is a really cool piece of hardware.

Email dylan@serato.com and michael@serato.com and give us a run down on what dealings you've had with Vestax support and I will chase up getting you a replacement asap.

Cheers
Dylan.

Serato
Dylan W 4:08 AM - 21 October, 2008
Hey Frankie,

I've chased up your email with Vestax, they don't have any record of receiving your VCI at a service center in the USA, is it under a different name than your forum login? Then I read in another post that your VCI had been replaced, is that the case?

I just want to ensure you're all sorted, let me know your serial and place of purchase and I can chase it up for you if you are still having any issues.

Cheers
Dylan.

Frankie Falcione 8:35 PM - 24 October, 2008
Dylan,

I have received a new unit and so far it has been working properly. I hope this continues!

The purchase is under a different name.

Thanks for the follow up.

Frankie
Serato
Jose C 4:20 AM - 30 October, 2008
Glad to hear you received your new unit. PLease let us know if we can help you with anything else. Have fun mixing!