Please Note: For Pioneer DDJ-SX2 users, please read this before updating to 1.7.2.
The latest update for Serato DJ includes official support for OS X Yosemite, Midi Output Lighting, Sticker Lock, Instant Start for motorised platters and support for a new update to Serato Remote, version 1.2.
All of this is available alongside a large number of bug fixes and stability improvements.
Key New Features of Serato DJ 1.7.2
OS X Yosemite Support
- Now with official support for OS X Yosemite.
MIDI Output Lighting
- With Serato DJ 1.7.2 you can now map various features to your secondary MIDI controller and have the LED’s illuminate in response to your actions. Create custom mappings that are highly visible in the club.
- Watch a tutorial video on MIDI Mapping & Output Lighting for Serato DJ.
- Serato DJ now includes the classic hidden feature of Scratch Live (sticker sync), now called Sticker Lock.
- Sticker Lock allows you to align a sticker on your vinyl with cue points in your track, saving you from having to look at the screen to see where you are.
- Watch a detailed tutorial video on Sticker Lock.
Instant Start For Motorised Platters
- Instant Start is now added for all controllers with motorised platters. To enable, turn your controller’s start time knob to the zero position.
Support for Serato Remote 1.2
- Serato Remote 1.2 introduces Play, Sync, Quantize and Cue Point Name Display features for Serato DJ users of the Remote. There are also minor stability improvements in this update.
- Watch an overview of all features available with Serato Remote 1.2.
- Improved audio quality when scratching with Keylock
- New Smart Crate icons colored blue
- Time elapsed/remaining available in all views
- 2 Decimal Place BPM display option
- New Echo Out effect available in the free Wolf Pack FX Expansion Pack
Serato DJ 1.7.2 also includes a large amount of maintenance and a huge number of bug fixes, continuing the unparalleled level of stability and performance that Serato software is renowned for.
Some examples of the bug fixes are:
- We’ve implemented a workaround for an issue that users reported with DVS hardware on Mac OS X. This issue would firstly cause an audible dropout, then the control vinyl or CDs would respond slowly when controlling the software. The workaround means that the vinyl or CD latency does not occur.
- Short audible dropouts on mac not resolved by USB buffer.
- Crash when connecting to firewire soundcards.