22 October, 2009
What's new in 1.9.2
Features and improvements
- Playback of 96kHz audio file formats.
- Sample banks for the SP-6.
- Individual sample output selection and muting for the SP-6.
- Support for the Denon DN-HC1000S hardware controller.
- Improved Scratch Live start and exit times.
- Many more bug fixes and improvements.
96kHz File Support
- Scratch Live can now play audio files that are 96kHz.
- The SP-6 now has 4 available sample banks (A B C D). You can switch between sample banks by pressing A B C or D in the bottom right corner of the SP-6. These buttons can also be assigned to the TTM 57SL controls or MIDI for quick access.
- There are now individual output channel selectors and mute buttons for each sample slot. Choose 'master' to have the sample route through the SP-6 master output channel.
Ctrl+Click on the mute buttons on the SP-6 performs a momentary mute. (Mute only while the button is held down).
- Fixed bug where SP-6 did not always save/load settings on close/start up.
- Added support for the new Denon DN-HC1000S Scratch Live MIDI controller. The device is plug and play - plug it in and Scratch Live will automatically connect and configure the hardware.
Improved status bar
- The status bar notification system has been improved. This includes ensuring that important messages don't get overwritten.
- Improved History load and save times, and reduced memory usage. History sessions are now loaded on demand.
Note: Because of this your history sessions will appear empty in previous versions of Scratch Live.
- When using the TTM 57SL, tracks are now added to history based on the fader positions on the mixer. If the fader for a channel is opened, then the track is marked as played.
- Fixed crash that sometimes occurred on startup if Scratch Live had not exited cleanly.
- Fixed bug where dragging a history session onto the crate window would fill a crate with unplayed tracks even if the "show unplayed tracks" option was off.
- History no longer scrolls to the bottom when a track is loaded.
- Fixed bug on windows where & were drawn as _ in the history panel.
- Fixed bug where opening the history/files/prepare tab could scroll the crates view.
MIDI / Hardware Controllers
- Improved MIDI hot plugging on windows. Now hotplugging should work every time.
- Added improved library searching / tabbing with MIDI controls. Pressing MIDI forward and back buttons will now tab through the History and Files panels if they are open.
- Fixed bug where relative midi assigned knobs could be turned beyond their limits.
- Fixed bug where canceling a hardware tempo tap would not reset a songs bpm if it was previously present.
- Fixed bug where certain native midi controllers would not return to a blank state (lights etc) after Scratch Live has quit.
- Fixed bug where loading MIDI presets could overwrite native midi controller mappings for that session.
- Fixed bug where native MIDI controller mappings could appear in MIDI assign mode.
- Fixed bug where relative MIDI knobs would not always work correctly on knobs and sliders.
- Fixed bug where MIDI auto-loop select knobs would start at a different setting to the actual selected loop, so when turning the knob for the first time the loop length would jump.
- Fixed crash that could occur when triggering instant doubles with the Pioneer CDJ-400.
- Removed filtering out of reserved MIDI controls. (eg. on the Korg nanoKONTROL)
- Fixed bug where creating a new MIDI preset did not work when the current preset was unsaved.
- Fixed bug where MIDI scrolling in the browse panel caused the GUI to freeze.
- Fixed bug where certain QuickTime files would not play due to special characters in file path.
- Added the ability to drag and drop folders and files onto the rescan ID3 tags button.
- Fixed bug where ID3v1 year tags where imported as album tags.
- Fixed bug where overviews for short audio files would contain a graphical glitch.
- Fixed bug where greyscale album art would not show.
- Fixed bug where ID3 tags unused by Scratch Live could be cleared from WAV files.
- Fixed bug where the ID3 comment ('COMM' or 'COM') tag Scratch Live used would lose its comment descriptor on tag writing.
- Fix to crash where users with path names larger than 260 characters on windows could lead to a crash. (This could happen when using a hard drive that was created on Mac on a Windows machine).
- Fixed bug where Scratch Live would not recognize the Year frame in ID3v2.2 tags
- Fixed bug where corrupted white label files could lead to a crash.
- Fixed problem where the [i]iTunes library[/i] playlist would not load for iTunes 9.
- Added support for playback of M4A files from iTunes LPs.
- Bit-rate is now read in from iTunes.
- If you instant double while a track is playing in reverse, the doubled track now also plays in reverse.
- Ctrl + Shift + Left / Right (Load to other deck) now only performs an instant double if the instant doubles setup screen option is checked. Behaviour is now the same as pre-1.9.1.
Relocate lost Files
- You can now drag and drop individual files, drives, folders and crates onto the relocate lost files buttons to only search using those files.
- Fixed bug where Relocate Lost Files (full search) did not work the first time.
- Fixed bug where relocating lost files would lock up on audio tracks with videos attached.
- Fixed bug where long recordings could cause drop outs and high hard disk usage at the time of the recording split.
- Fixed bug on Mac OS 10.6 (SnowLeopard) where triplets of tracks could appear in the Scratch Live library.
- Fixed bug where the offline player would crash after sleep or on exit on Mac OS 10.6 (SnowLeopard).
- Improved stability for users who simultaneously use Itch and Scratch Live.
- Fixed bug where scrolling on a secondary display did not work (Windows only bug).
- Fixed bug where subcrate tracks could get merged into parent crates unintentionally.
- Fixed crash where importing m3u files with accented characters in them could lead to a crash.
- Fixed bug where the multiple tag edits confirmation box would become stuck on the screen while Video-SL was running.
- Metadata should save correctly for MP4 files regardless of the size of the metadata (note: previously if the metadata to be saved exceeded the MP4 metadata atoms, the data would be discarded).
- The prepare panel now has it's own column view when "custom crate columns" is off.
- Fixed bug where the Denon DN-HC4500s display and keys would stay illuminated after Scratch Live exit e.g. play / cue buttons still lighting up.
- Fixed bug where the Denon DN-HC4500s display and keys would not completely update when switching from CD to PC mode.
- Fixed bug where the key info display was not being cleared when a track was ejected.
- Fixed bug where searching in the browse panel (by typing when in a browse column) didn't always work.
- Fixed bug where erroneous bit-rate values may be displayed.
- Autoplay now skips over LiveFeed tracks.
- Fixed bug where pressing play in internal mode ignored the MIDI fine pitch slider.
- Fixed bug where analyzing files could lead to missing album art.
- Fixed bug where autoloop button on/off state could become out of sync with what the auto loop was actually doing.
- Fixed bug where large vinyl start offsets could result in emergency internal mode not working.
- Fixed bug where loading to the right deck in offline player caused analyze files to stop (always happened with MP4s but could also happen with other file types)
- Running Scratch Live 1.9.0 after running 1.9.2 will cause stability issues in 1.9.0. If you wish to run an older version of Scratch Live, please use 1.9.1 or 1.8.3.