Serato Blog

26 February, 2018

Introducing Serato DJ Pro


Serato introduces a new name for its flagship software - Serato DJ is now Serato DJ Pro.

You can read about all the improvements, new features and how you can make use of Serato DJ Pro in this article or watch the video below.

Before we dig into the new stuff there are a few important things we'd like to make clear to DJs that use Serato DJ

• Serato DJ Pro is a FREE update for all DJs with a Serato DJ license or supported Serato DJ hardware. 

• All supported hardware will still work the same

• All your Expansion Packs will still work the same

We've also reset all free trials, so if you had previously taken one and it's expired, that means you can take another 14-day trial of Serato DJ Pro again.

You can find more FAQs at the end of this article. 

Practice Mode

Practice Mode allows you to mix two tracks together with no hardware connected - ideal for testing out your blends wherever you are.

Bigger Libraries and rock-solid reliability with 64-bit support

64-bit support now means Serato DJ Pro performs better than ever with virtually no limit on library size

Optimised for high-resolution screens

Serato DJ Pro has been optimised for high definition Retina, 4K and UHD displays.

Optimized UI + new performance pad layout

Display your cue points in a new but very familiar layout. This makes planning and performing your routines more efficient.

Improved Help and Support

The new help section includes tooltips, shortcut keys and tutorials. You’ll also have the option to contact our support team, and the ability to search our knowledge base in-app.

FAQs

I already use Serato DJ, do I have to pay for Serato DJ Pro? No, it’s free if you’re an existing Serato DJ user with a license or supported hardware.

Will it work with my Serato DJ hardware? Yes, just plug-and-play as you did with Serato DJ.

Will my library still work in Serato DJ Pro? Yes, everything will still work the same.

What is Practice Mode and do I have to pay for it? Practice Mode allows you to audition your mixes without hardware connected, this means you can more easily plan sets when away from your setup. And best of all, it’s free.

Download Serato DJ Pro

Comments (11)

Dillell 5:29 AM - 27 February, 2018
i used it today here in st lucia,in the club at work,Its really nice i must say,The sound feels better....
Philmixit 11:55 AM - 27 February, 2018
Hi Scoots, and to the rest of the guys who made this happen, this is it Serato DJ PRO is hotttt, love it, great job, and it is solid as a ROCK.
Winston G 2:37 PM - 27 February, 2018
Hey nice job with the appearance. I was using the latest version of SDJ until the update to SDJ Pro. Now my DDJ SX2 right side platter wont function correctly, nor the cue buttons. The platter seems as if its stuck and the cue points don't work after you start playing the track. Everything is updated to the latest firmware but now it works just fine after I downloaded 1.9.8 again. Maybe you can look into this issue and hit me up on my email for additional information. Now I would like to see Serato implement a "minimum play time" that can be adjusted by the user. This will allow users to actually sample a portion of a track for a few seconds without SDJ marking it as played. I used that in Traktor and I don't have to worry about testing something and then having the track marked blue/Grey. Something like this:

Minimum Play Time adjusts the time you need to play a track before it is marked as played. If a track is marked as played it will be added to the history section for this session and will be marked with a check mark, and it will also show up in the Archive for the session, and its play count will be raised.

Traktor Minimum Play time
Pr3muToS 10:52 PM - 27 February, 2018
Is there a automatic libary refresh, when adding new tracks in folders, where the crates are linked to ?!

waiting since years on that.
DJ Busy ZA 9:40 AM - 28 February, 2018
Add the library management feature already... jislaaik
Dj Bandit.Cali 3:26 PM - 28 February, 2018
Does Serato DJ pro Support Video mixing? has that been tested? I don't want any issue when install i mix video in a night club with an external Hard drive.
sector92 10:54 PM - 28 February, 2018
Did Serato fix the problem of the Record function? Serato shouldn't stop recording after 3 hours and then creating a new file. Serato should able to record for as long as I want.
kirkrj1970 8:57 AM - 4 March, 2018
Can anybody pls tell me how to uninstall sdj pro and reinstall the version before that ( was it 1.98 ? ) my waveforms are really bad I don’t think my computer likes new version no probs up until update pls help πŸ˜«πŸ‘πŸ»
Quote:
Hey nice job with the appearance. I was using the latest version of SDJ until the update to SDJ Pro. Now my DDJ SX2 right side platter wont function correctly, nor the cue buttons. The platter seems as if its stuck and the cue points don't work after you start playing the track. Everything is updated to the latest firmware but now it works just fine after I downloaded 1.9.8 again. Maybe you can look into this issue and hit me up on my email for additional information. Now I would like to see Serato implement a "minimum play time" that can be adjusted by the user. This will allow users to actually sample a portion of a track for a few seconds without SDJ marking it as played. I used that in Traktor and I don't have to worry about testing something and then having the track marked blue/Grey. Something like this:

Minimum Play Time adjusts the time you need to play a track before it is marked as played. If a track is marked as played it will be added to the history section for this session and will be marked with a check mark, and it will also show up in the Archive for the session, and its play count will be raised.

Traktor Minimum Play time
Samuel Ebo Nyarkoh 5:14 AM - 9 March, 2018
Nice look
But is it possible change keyboards shortcut to your own keys in Seratodj Pro please
Paude_9 10:59 AM - 16 April, 2018
Just wondering does Serato DJ Pro work with High Sierra ??
ninjagaijin 2:12 PM - 1 May, 2018
I quite like SDJ Pro. I mean, I still use Serato Scratch Live 2.5, but I just found another bug with it - if an mp3 file starts with a period ( ' . ' ) it won't load. Was stressful at my third last show, converting to wav from mp3 while the last track played out...

BUT - big big improvement - clipping in SDJ Pro now doesn't sound like nails on a blackboard. Back to the SSL 'saturation' style clipping. I try to not clip but on the rare occasions I do, I want SSL/SDJP style.. NOT SDJ. SDJ sucked so bad for audio quality.

Good riddance!! I'm so glad it's dumped.

Now.. to update Scratch Live to 2.6... or even 2.51 xD

Quote:
Did Serato fix the problem of the Record function? Serato shouldn't stop recording after 3 hours and then creating a new file. Serato should able to record for as long as I want.


You can't make a file bigger than 3-4GB for audio wav/aiff, without causing issues.

Quote:
Can anybody pls tell me how to uninstall sdj pro and reinstall the version before that ( was it 1.98 ? ) my waveforms are really bad I don’t think my computer likes new version no probs up until update pls help πŸ˜«πŸ‘πŸ»


Uninstall SDJ Pro. Reinstall SDJ (1.9.10). I don't like SDJ compared to SDJ Pro, but sadly for you you can't have both installed at the same time. If you ever reinstall Pro, it will make vanilla SDJ unuseable.

Tags


Related posts


DJ Riz On Hot 97

2 Nov, 2017

Introducing Serato DJ Pro