1 February, 2017
Pioneer DJ DJM-900NXS and DJM-900NXS2 Serato DJ support
When used with the Serato DJ Club Kit (Serato DJ & Serato DVS Expansion pack license bundle), the Pioneer DJ DJM-900NXS and DJM-900NXS2 mixers are available to use plug-and-play with Serato DJ.
Also available are the Pioneer DJM-850, Rane MP2015, Allen & Heath Xone:DB2, DB4 or 43C.
This plug-and-play functionality means you can connect your laptop with Serato DJ directly to the mixer without the need of an external sound card/interface and have control over both the mixer and Serato DJ features.
Even if you don't own these mixers, but you use them in the club, you can still trial or purchase the Club Kit to use them with Serato DJ.
It's easy to use these mixers with Serato DJ.
- Download and install the latest version of Serato DJ.
- Connect your hardware and activate a FREE 14 day trial in the My Serato window in-app, or purchase and activate a Club Kit license bundle.
- Install the drivers by following the prompt in the side panel.
- Start DJing!
Here's a few things to note:
- If you already have a Serato DJ license you’ll be able to connect to Serato DJ. However, to have platter control you will need to purchase the DVS expansion pack unless you’re using HID mode with supported accessories.
- Drivers for these mixers are bundled within Serato DJ. If you have trouble connecting after driver install, try hot-plugging the USB cable or restarting your machine.
- Ensure your mixer has the latest firmware installed for best performance.
- "Primary Decks" options are available in the Audio tab of the Setup screen to change the inputs/outputs of the hardware that are to be used for Decks 1 and Decks 2 in the software.
Pioneer DJM-900NXS, NXS2 and DJM-850 specific
- These mixers have a 'Setup Inputs' button in the Audio tab of Serato DJ Setup. You can set your mixer inputs to Phono or Line here, as the mixer doesn't have hardware controls.
- You can record the software mix in a similar way to the DJM-900SRT. Open the driver panel and select 'REC OUT' in the dropdown for one of the channels to give it up for recording. In the Serato DJ record panel, select the same channel as the REC source - you're good to go!
- In order to use software features that require MIDI such as Serato Video faders, EQ effects and EQ coloured waveforms, users will need to turn on MIDI on the mixer. This is a button labelled ‘On/Off’ in the MIDI section on the top right of the mixer.
If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a line in the comments below :)
English · 日本語