Serato DJ 1.8.1 Public Beta now available.
Serato DJ 1.8.1 is a maintenance update with a range of important bug fixes for all users, as well as support for some device specific drivers for Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
Join the Serato DJ 1.8.1 Public Beta
Note: To download this version, you'll need to accept the beta agreement using the link above. Read the compulsory forum threads in the Serato DJ 1.8.1 Public Beta area and then find the latest build available in the "Downloads and Release Notes" thread.
- Record timer display stops working after 100 mins
- Multi channel AIFF files causing crash when loaded
- Tracks flagged as corrupt stop deck playback
- MIDI initialisation not working for some controls on OSA devices
- Full Screen mode in OSX El Capitan 10.11 not working correctly
- Half/double BPM edit causing hang
- Potential hang on library import
- Dragging and dropping outside of SDJ not working correctly
- Unable to scroll and organise crate lists correctly
- Album art is not displayed on supported CDJs
- Hang on startup for some users
- Recording meter showing max volume at all times
- Instant doubling waveforms not displaying correctly on some controller screens
- GUI popups not layering correctly causing visual artefacts
- GUI stalls when rescanning ID3 tags
- Analyse files button does not light up when tracks are dragged over the top of it
- Song time text position incorrect
- Potential hang when using censor actions during Flip playback
- Selecting track with unloaded album art can cause all CDJ album art to not display
- Slicer status bar message for beatgrid displaying even when slicer not enabled
- Dock Icon bouncing on OSX during startup of SDJ
- Autoplay stops playback after it skips a missing file
- Potential crash when editing beatgrids
- CDJ HID mode cue point buttons jumping to incorrect cue markers for some users
- Scope view alignment issues when using SDJ in French and Spanish languages
- A range of performance, graphical and memory optimisations
- Fixes for potential crashes, hangs and memory leaks
- OSX 10.11 specific driver support for some devices
- When using CDJ HID mode with OSX El Capitan the CDJ900-Nexus and XDJ-1000 players will not be recognised if they are powered on after connecting to your machine via USB, please power your CDJ units before connecting USB, we are investigating this issue.
- With Pitch N' Time engaged performing a cue point can cause audio artefacts in certain situations, we are working on this issue and hope to have a fix in a build soon.
- After updating your machine OS to 10.11 we advise restarting it before attempting to use Serato DJ, it is also highly likely you will need to do another restart after installing any 10.11 specific drivers for your hardware (if your hardware requires it)
- If your CDJ is not detected using El Capitan and HID mode there is a known issue and we are working on it - in the meantime hotplugging your primary device while the CDJs are connected will detect them.
Device Specific El Capitan Drivers
We have bundled the Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11 specific drivers for the Pioneer DJM-850, DJM-900 Nexus, DJM-900 SRT and DJM-S9 into Serato DJ as well as the already bundled DDJ-SZ driver. If you use these devices on an older OS please remain on your current driver.
Please check with your hardware manufacturer for the current state of your specific hardware device against OSX 10.11 El Capitan. Some hardware will have no issues and work fine whereas some may not be ready for use on El capitan yet - it is important you check this!