19 January, 2015
Announcing: Allen & Heath Xone:DB4 and DB2 with Serato DJ
Just announced at NAMM 2015 is forthcoming Serato DJ support for two of Allen & Heath's well known Xone series mixers, the Xone:DB4 and Xone:DB2.
Allen & Heath’s Xone:DB4 and Xone:DB2 digital DJ FX mixers will be supported by Serato DJ software and will be Serato DJ DVS Upgrade Ready in a forthcoming release of Serato DJ by using the Serato DJ Club Kit.
This new collaboration between Allen & Heath and Serato allows DJs using the flagship Xone:DB mixers to use Serato DJ software without the need of external interface. Serato DJ users will also be able to create powerful DVS setups with the Xone:DB mixers simply by purchasing the Serato DJ Club Kit. For the ultimate digital DJ setup, DJs can also use the Xone:K1 controller, for pre-mapped control over Cues, Loops, Serato DJ FX and more.
Allen & Heath Xone:DB4
The Xone:DB4 is one of Allen & Heath's most ground-breaking and advanced products they have designed. Every feature has been meticulously researched with a view to offering DJs ultimate creativity, which, when combined with Serato DJ gives even more possibilities.
Some of the many features you can find in the Xone:DB4 include:
- Quad FX core: Enabling each channel to have its own FX bank and BPM detection system. This will automatically adjust the time-related FX and loops to match the BPM in Serato DJ.
- X:LINK: This uses a standard RJ45 connector and distributes power and data allowing connection to X:LINK compatible devices, saving USB ports on your computer.
- Looper: Each channel has a built-in looper, with selectable loop length from 1/16 beat to 4 bars.
- Filters: The Xone:DB4 comes equipped with the Xone dual filter system.
- Source select: Each music channel can select any of the available stereo music sources: Analogue Line 1-4 (switchable to Phono on 2-3), Digital 1-4 or USB 1-4.
- EQ/Filter: Each music channel has a 3-band EQ that can be configured as standard asymmetric EQ (+6/-26dB), Isolator (+6dB/OFF with a 24dB/octave slope), or reconfigured as a High-Pass/Low-Pass filter system with adjustable resonance. EQ knob pointers change colour to show which type of equalization is active.
- Mic/Line input: The Mic/Line input has 2-band EQ, gain, cue and mix level. This can also be routed to all main input channels overriding Matrix analogue input channel 1 for adding FX and accessing the loopers.
- Integral soundcard: A built-in, high quality (24-bit / 96kHz), multi-channel, fully patchable USB2 soundcard allows replay and recording from audio software for 4 stereo sends and 4 stereo returns.
- High visibility display: The OLED display is clearly visible, even in bright sunlight, and displays channel FX selection and current BPM, as well as being an easy interface for the Menu setup functions.
- Lightweight chassis:The Xone:DB4’s lightweight aluminium chassis is designed to make touring with the console easy.
Allen & Heath Xone: DB2
The DB2 boasts twin chainable FX engines, four stereo channels, full input matrix, and unique Trimodal EQ system. With its built in USB soundcard, MIDI control, Xone Filters and X:LINK connectivity, the Xone:DB2 unleashes the DJs creativity.
The Xone:DB2 captures the essence of the DB4 in a stylish, accessible, affordable format and blurs the boundaries between DJing, production and performance for the next generation.
Some of the many features you can find in the Xone:DB2 include:
- Massive FX library: Boasting a massive FX library of more than 50 FX presets divided into 5 FX types: Delays/loopers, Reverbs, Resonators, Modulators and Damage.
- FX cascade: The two FX engines can be cascaded, or chained, to run the output of FX-X to the input of the FX-Y, allowing the audio to be processed by any combination of two different effects.
- Editable FX parameters: Each FX engine has a dedicated expression control and a rotary pot to set the wet/dry level, whilst further tweaking can be performed using the global controllers under the screen.
- Input matrix: Each of DB2’s four input channels has a full input matrix that can select from four analogue (Line or RIAA), four USB, or two digital sources.
- Trimodal EQ: Xone:DB2 adopts the fresh approach to creative equalisation introduced on the Xone:DB4. The EQs can be used in three different modes – standard asymmetric EQ (+6/-26dB), total Kill (+6dB/OFF with a 24dB/octave slope), or High-Pass/Low-Pass filter with adjustable resonance.
- Mic/Line input: With 2 band EQ, gain, cue and mix level and with full access to FX.
- High visibility OLED display: The OLED display is clearly visible, even in bright sunlight, and displays channel FX selection and current BPM, as well as being an easy interface for the Menu setup functions.
- Lightweight chassis: DB2’s lightweight aluminium chassis is designed to make touring with the console easy.
- Integral soundcard: The built-in, multi-channel USB2 soundcard allows replay and recording from computer-based audio software for 4 stereo sends and 4 stereo returns.
- X:LINK: X:LINK uses a standard RJ45 connector and distributes power and data, allowing connection to X:LINK compatible devices, saving USB ports on your computer.
- Spatial Xover: Useful output processing tool for dealing with poor room acoustics, less than ideal speaker placement, as a diagnostic tool for phase imbalance, or as an effect to change the bass sound focus.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch in the comments!
English · 日本語