ITCH version 1.1.0 includes a bunch of new features for ITCH including Whitelabel.net support, scaling waveforms, key tag support, improved history function, loop roll and library sort for the VCI-300 and Instant Start for the NS7 and many other bug-fixes and improvements.
You do not need to install any previous version before installing 1.1.0. If you have ITCH 1.1.0 Release Candidate 4 installed there is no need to reinstall 1.1.0 Final, they are the same.
After popular demand, Serato have added support for Whitelabel.net files in ITCH. Now ITCH DJs have access to hundreds releases from their favourite labels through Whitelabel.net, the Serato Whitelabel Delivery Network. Tracks will play high quality (320kbps stereo) in ITCH, with your controller connected, and low quality (32kbps mono) everywhere else.
Important Note about the VCI-300 Firmware Update
This version contains a firmware update for the VCI-300 as an optional install available through the ITCH setup screen -- however, this firmware update will stop your VCI-300 from working with earlier versions of ITCH. So we would not recommend doing this firmware update unless you have been having problems with using your VCI-300 as a sound card on windows with applications other than ITCH.
New Features and Enhancements:
The Waveforms now scale with pitch to make it easier to see when beats are aligned.
Key Tag support
Key tags are now read from MP3 files and displayed in the 'key' column in the library.
New looping effect where the playhead jumps back to normal time when you release the loop. This is available on the keyboard using ctrl+alt and the '0' - '9' keys. It can also be accessed on the VCI300 by using 'Shift' and the 'Autoloop' button.
You can now select the file format and bit depth for your recordings in the Playback tab of the setup screen.
The CPU Meter below the clock shows the overall CPU usage for your computer.
Platter Speed Option
In the hardware panel of the setup screen is an option for 33rpm or 45rpm.
Hi-Fi Resampler Option
This option has been returned to the Playback tab of the setup screen. By default it is on but lower spec computers may run better with this option off.
Customised Crate View
There is a new 'custom crate columns' option on the library tab of the setup screen. This option will be off by default. When this option is on, crate columns behave as they do in versions before 1.1. When the option is off (default), all crates and playlists share the same column view.
Dead Space Elimination
When "Play from start" is selected on the setup screen, the deck will try to skip any silence at the start of the track, and play from the start of the audio
iTunes Library Changes
* The iTunes library is now collapsible in the crate selector window. Click on the triangle icon next to the iTunes library playlist to expand and collapse the iTunes Library.
* When you uncheck 'read iTunes library' all tracks marked with the iTunes icon are removed from your library unless the track is in an ITCH crate.
*Tracks that are in the iTunes library are now not marked with the iTunes icon if they are already in the ITCH library, but they will still show up in the iTunes playlists as normal. These tracks are also not removed from the ITCH library when you untick 'read iTunes library'.
*You can also drag tracks from an iTunes playlist or the iTunes library onto the "All..." crate to mark it as permanent in the ITCH library. You can also conversely drag a track from an iTunes playlist or the iTunes library onto the 'iTunes Library' playlist to mark it as an iTunes track.
The History function now keeps a comprehensive record of every track played, during every gig. This replaces the old "Review" feature and is a real time saver for professional DJs who need to log their sessions.
* Tracks are only visible in history if they have been 'played'. You can view 'unplayed tracks' by turning on the 'show unplayed tracks' checkbox in the history panel. You can select a track and 'mark played' or 'mark unplayed'.
* You can double click fields in better review to edit them. Double click the session name (it is set to the date of the session by default) to give each session a name.
* You can export sessions from you history to 'txt', 'csv', or 'm3u'. To export, select a session in the history panel, choose an export format and press export. The status bar will indicate where the file has been exported to ("History Export" in your ScratchLIVE folder).
* Recently played tracks are marked green in the history panel and your library, this can be reset by pressing the 'clear' button at the bottom right of the history panel.
* Songs are marked as played based on whether the song has been played in the mix. For a song to be played in the mix the upfader must be up on that channel, the crossfader must be open and the playhead must be moving.
Changes & Bug Fixes
* You can now open the 'column chooser' menu by right clicking on a column in the track list.
* Fix so that when using braking (or start acceleration) and keylock at the same time, keylock is disengaged while braking or accelerating.
* Fixed autoloop bug where if you set an autoloop and turn it off, then half the autoloop and start it again, it would set the playhead one loop before the loop.
* Overviews rebuild from scratch if they are half done and either autogain or autobpm are not complete to ensure autogain and autobpm are correctly calculated.
* Improved sync for instant doubles.
* Change to make autoloop always set from the current playhead position.
* Fixed bug where disconnecting ITCH hardware would sometimes lead to silence in the offline player on Mac 10.5.
* Fixed selection highlight escaping off the browse screen when scrolling through it with the controller.
* Fixed bug where instant doubling on first then second deck resulted in decks having different tempos.
* Fixed bug where if a track in a crate had its name changed in itunes then on start up ITCH would keep the old song creating a duplicate.
* Fixed temporary recording file not having a file extension
* Fixed bug where instant doubles via double-click can override a locked deck.
* Fixed the right deck loop lock symbol to be red like the rest of the right deck components
* Fixed conflict that could cause crash when scanning tags
* Fix so that unlocking a loop gets updated on the other deck (if that same loop is active). This will also set the loop length to be the current length of the loop on the deck where the loop was unlocked if there is a discrepancy.
* You can now override "Lock playing deck" when loading, by holding down the platter.
* Fixed ITCH not copying position of auto loop correctly when instant doubling.
* Fix for windows drag and drop crashes
* Reanalyzing tracks now constrains bpms to the bpm range
* Instant Start for the NS7. When the start time knob on the NS7 is set low, ITCH will start playback instantly when 'play' is pressed, ignoring the spin up time of the NS7 platter. This is an option in the playback tab of the setup screen called "Instant Playback", it is off by default.
* ITCH now ignores NS7 platter spin up if doing an instant double caused a deck to start playing.
* Fixed bug where loop shift while playing in reverse could allow the playhead to escape the loop.
* Fixed loop shift to update the playhead to correct position on both decks when same song is playing on both with the same loop activated.
* Fixed tapping tempo on other deck completly losing the bpm on first deck which is currently waiting for more tap input.
* Improved stability of NS7 reconnecting and changed so that play state (play/paused) remains when disconnecting and reconnecting.
* Changed so the first 5 cue points are always set to the same colors. This improves compatibility with the VCI300 for users using both controllers.
* Fix for bug where on a track load the opposite decks bpm would go missing when repeatedly loading, using tap tempo to tap the bpm and then switching to the other deck.
* Implemented NS7 to scroll at a faster rate, when scroll knob is rotated/flicked faster.
* If a loop is halved or doubled or adjusted while locked, it will return to it's initial state either when the loop slot is reloaded or when the song is reloaded. That means the loop can still be changed while locked, but changes will not be saved. Pressing Reloop on the NS7 will also cause a locked loop to revert to it's original length.
* Fixed bug where if playing in reverse and pressing loop in/out to edit a loop point would cause loop editing to occur immediately instead of waiting until the platter was touched.
* Setting a new manual loop while in the autoloop slot will now skip to the first free manual loop slot so that the loop is correctly saved
* New Firmware Update
This beta contains a firmware update for the VCI-300 -- however, this firmware update will stop your VCI-300 from working with earlier versions of ITCH. So we would not recommend doing this firmware update unless you have been having problems with using your VCI-300 as a sound card on windows with applications other than ITCH.
* Pressing shift+crates/files/browse on the VCI300 will sort the currently selected crate by bpm/song title/artist respectively.
* Fixed VCI-300 connection problems on 10.5.7.
* Fixed bug on Mac where the pitch sliders were not initialising correctly on start up.
* Fixed crate panel flickering when opening and closing the mic/aux panel.
* Half and Double buttons will now also halve/double standard loops when they are active. If no loop is active then they will halve/double the current autoloop value as they previously did.
* If a loop is halved or doubled or adjusted while locked, it will return to it's initial state either when the loop slot is reloaded, when the song is reloaded or by pushing the cue in button (to jump to the start of the loop. That means the loop can still be changed while locked, but changes will not be saved.
* Next and Previous track buttons are now only ignored if autoloop roll is being used, not if only using a regular autoloop.
* Fixed crash that could occur when deleting a loop using the VCI-300.
* Fixed bug where turning on scratch mode while paused and holding the platter, would result in scratching being unresponsive after releasing and retouching the platter.
* Fixed bug where occasionally the platters would scroll through the library even though the scroll button was off