Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

serato dj crash when i turn on my ns6

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Dj sarda 9:04 PM - 3 May, 2013
ok today i decide to upgrade my serato dj from 1. 1 to 1.2 and i installed the software just like the last one after it finish installed i restarted my computer and open the serato dj and then i turn on my ns6 and it was working fine i played around with it for a 1 hour then i had to go some where i close the program and then shutdown my computer. i when to the club were i was goin to play as i was setting up i open back the program a turn on my ns6 it said the serato have stopped working for some change reason i restarted my computer and it keed doing the same thing i uninstalled the software and repaired it keep saying serato have stopped working man i was booed the people started actting up men i was embarrass i had to install the old version of serato dj 1.1 and it worked . so i dont know whats wrong with the new serato dj 1.2 plz help. i had embarrassing experience with that version of serato .plz help
Serato, Support
Rui K 1:39 AM - 10 May, 2013
Hi Dj sarda,

Thanks for get in touch with us. Let's firstly try and rebuild your DatabaseV2, follow instructions from here (serato.com) and reopen Serato DJ and see if that helps.
You might have Database V2 files on your different partitions of your HDD & External drives so you will need to rebuilt all of them.

Kind Regards

Rui
Dj sarda 6:16 PM - 10 May, 2013
hey Rui it still saying the same thing i did every rite i dont kno wtats with this version of serato dj .it load all my songs in the offline mood but the minute i pull the power bottem for my ns6 its saying serato have stop workin it sounds a a little fishie to me but i dont kno the old version will man i dont kno .
Dj sarda 6:20 PM - 10 May, 2013
Quote:
hey Rui it still saying the same thing i did every rite i don't kno whats with this version of serato dj .it load all my songs in the offline mood but the minute i push the power botten for my ns6 its saying serato have stop working it sounds a a little fishy to me but i don't kno the old version work well man i don't no .
Serato, Support
Rui K 2:08 AM - 13 May, 2013
Hi Dj sarda,

Do you have lots of songs in your library? Few people having same issues with lage library database. With 1.1 no problems, but 1.2 was crashing randomly.

Try to disable the serato database first and see if you still have this problem.
To do this you need to rename the _serato_ folder on each partition into _serato_current
Then open SDJ and connect the DDJ SX.

If it works fine I'm afraid you need to downsize your library.

As SDJ 1.2 is working now with multiple effects they use much more recourses from your laptop. As SDJ is just a 32bit software, the RAM which can be used is limited to about 3GB. Large databases will also be loaded and if this needs more RAM as your PC can provide, the software will freeze.

Let me know how it go.

Kind Regards
chndler ac 8:32 AM - 14 May, 2013
ok hi and can I say I getting good at this sorry but you are nor right in saying the above as in the manual from you on pager 26 to 29 it reads
Organizing Your Library Serato Reads you can have unlisted number tracks

so need to pull there fingers out and R T F M
as there quoting that you cant do things when the manual saying you can........
like to money tracks when the manual saying you can have as big as your drive will let you I e as in size ...............
also the problem I think we are all coming up with is that most new laptops are 64 bit ones and your soft where is 32 so the laptop works faster then your soft where
may be need to past that on to them when that find time to pull said finger out

hope this helps your unpaid R&D dj from the UK it must be so nice when others do your job for free and you get a payed well done
Serato, Support
Rui K 2:31 AM - 15 May, 2013
Hi chndler ac,

Thanks for your input.

Kind Regards
Dj sarda 12:18 PM - 15 May, 2013
am sorry rui but that didn't work . i must say that i use a external hard drive and i did what you say said above . but the second i push the power switch on it sayin that serato dj have stop working. so am sayin i have been using serato for almost 5 year now .and i never had this problem . serato put out lots of updates and i think this one is a pain in the ssss .so tell me rui why the 1.1 didn't have this problem . i use serato scratch live and it work wondful ictch plzzz help
Serato, Support
Rui K 11:41 PM - 15 May, 2013
Hi Dj sarda,

I understand your frustration. As I mentioned you before Serato DJ is using much more recourses from your laptop. Way more than Scratch Live. Especially new multi FX features on 1.2 added more cpu usage on to your computer. We are working to resolve this problem as soon as possible but for meanwhile I would suggest you to use previous version Serato DJ 1.1.2 if that have been work for you without problem.

Here is the link for Serato DJ download archive. You can download 1.1.2 from this page. (serato.com)

If you are willing to continue using version 1.2 on your computer I would happy to help you much as I can. Probably you will need to downsize your "Crates" "Subcrates" & "iTunes Playlist" on your Serato DJ library but it is depends on how many you have. Then rebuilt datavase V2 files or _Serato_ folder to make it back to default condition.

Kind Regards
Rui
chndler ac 2:46 PM - 16 May, 2013
Well this still not good enough I feel we are being made to do what you wont us to do as to you fixing the problem witch I think is all down to you not Testing be for sending out a update

as to downsizings.... Probably you will need to downsize your "Crates" "Subcrates" & "iTunes Playlist" on your Serato DJ library but it is depends on how many you have. Then rebuilt datavase V2 files or _Serato_ folder to make it back to default condition.
why should we when
as I say the manual states this you can have as money as you like all comes down to as 32 bit pice of softwhere working on a 64
ITS TIME YOU FIXED AND SOONER NOT LATER
Dj sarda 8:42 PM - 16 May, 2013
I MUST SAY CHNDLE GOOD POINT . I HAVE BEEN USING SERATO OVER 5 YEARS ITS A VERY GOOD SOFTWARE . BUT I DON'T SEE WHY I HAVE TO DOWNSIZE MY LIBRARY TO PLEASE ONE UPDATE .YOU KNOW HOW HARD ITS BE TO WORK ON THESE CRATES I SPEND ENDLESS HOURS LATE AT NITE TO GET THEM IN ODER . I MUST SAY AGAIN THANKS RUI FOR HELPING ME FIX MY DATABASE IT WAS CLEARLY CORRUPT MY LAPTOP USE TO TAKE ABOUT 15 MINUTES TO LOAD MY CRATE . AND SINCE I FOLLOW THESE STEP (serato.com) IT NOW LOAD IN 5 SEC SO THANKS AGAIN RUI . BUT I JUST CANT GET THIS UPDATED VERSION TO WORK . I HAVE A FRIEND THAT'S HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AT FIRST I THINK THAT IT WAS MY CONTROLLER . AFTER HE TOLD ME HE WAS HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM SO MY MESSAGE TOO SERATO FIX THE PROBLEM BEFORE PUTTING IT OUT FOR USERS LIKE ME. I FEEL ITS JUST ONE LITTLE SIMPLE THING DO TO FIX IT AND THANK GUYS FOR TRYIN TO HELP
chndler ac 10:48 PM - 16 May, 2013
Hi DJ sarda

well I old have i am skool or just old I not to sour I can remember caring 8 boxes of records lp 7 12
the lot
I new to the laptop side of dj ing I have a m p 3 D2 play numark player and work's fine just thinking I made a miss stake going laptop way as prayed out the sum of 15 16 hounded pounds and cant use on road as cant trust it to work
well for me
but your right why not fix all the problems then send out to us to use
andy
Dj sarda 9:39 PM - 27 August, 2013
i still need help i cant get this thing to work i did over my laptop and i install the program and start up serato dj with one song i the crate and it still crashing when i turn on my controller i dont kno what to do and yall have a new version out and i still having the problem plz help i dont kno what else to do
Serato, Support
Rui K 9:59 PM - 27 August, 2013
Hi Dj sarda,

It's been a while. Would you please start new help thread?

With list of your:

-Computer Specification
-Numbers of HDD & External HDD
-Size of your HDD and free space
-Numbers of files in your Serato library & crates
-Numbers of files in your iTunes (If you are selecting "Show iTunes library"
-Issues currently you having now. (Clear details)

Our support members will look after you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Rui
Dj sarda 10:07 PM - 27 August, 2013
ohk kool
Johnny BL4ZE 1:11 AM - 22 March, 2015
Hey sorry for this late response.. but for anyone that is still trying to find the answer for this try this:
-Delete the driver and reinstall it.
or
-Open Serato then turn on the NS6

These 2 things helped me!
Hope it helps you!