Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

itch love-in

casket hands 10:09 AM - 30 September, 2008
to counter some of the negativity here and partially because I still have a good gig buzz I just wanted to post my positive experience with itch. Got my vci on Saturday, a road trip to Seattle, monkeyed with it a little in the hotel room, practiced a little more on the ferry home on sunday, felt good about it's performance so I decided to gig with it tonight. It performed beautifully! Running firmware 1.0.4 and loving it. No glitches, dropouts or even any lag in the program, I was very very impressed. Probably one of my best gigs to date. I'd still like to see some little extras to be added to the functionality or the program, for instance some way to make it easier to build profiles and augment the library while playing, I wanted to get a bunch of new songs I just dumped onto my lappy into the mix but was having a hard time figuring out how to do that if it's even possible. Anyways, any lurkers on the fence about this set up, it exceeded my already high expectations.
DJCheLu 2:44 PM - 30 September, 2008
Hurray!!!! lol i think to import your new songs just click on import then create a crate and drag and drop all of them into that crate. I always just grab the mp3 then drop it on a deck if there is a new song i really want to play, works for me :).
casket hands 4:36 PM - 30 September, 2008
yeah I was able to get them in I just wasn't able to have itch go through them all and prepare them so I wasn't able to check out the tempos or have it auto gain them all. It's probably just set up like that so you don't bring your computer to it's knees Inge middle of a set.
Serato
Pene 9:11 PM - 30 September, 2008
casket hands,
if you turn on 'Autofill Overviews' in the setup screen then ITCH will build overviews (including BPMs if you have 'Set Auto-BPM' selected on the disconnected screen) for tracks that don't have them when they are loaded to the deck.
but yes, its usually safest to have your overviews built before a set :)