Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

NOT Happy with VESTAX! VCI-380 Fault - Please read...

LJ_WOOLSEY 12:25 PM - 26 April, 2013
Hi there,

Ok so i have a vci-380 from release and i love it to bits however i got an issue and now it has all turned into a nightmare!!!

Link to Video on youtube ---> Watchwww.youtube.com

Here is the issue.

Hi there, So got my Vestax VCI-380 On pre order and got it in the UK on day of release,
Around christmas time i was djing and he jog wheel went tight all on its own, strange so went to check the jog tension and the knob to change it was really loose. (when i first got it i had to use o towel and really put alot of force to move the centre jog tension knob to set it) however on the left hand side this was now really loose and at randum times in the night the jog wheel will loosen or tighten it self. after christmas time the right jog wheel then went the same! (note i do not ever change the jog tension since i set it) so i spoke to vestax over e-mails they was very helpfull and said its an easy fix however what they thought it was, was not it and did not fix the issues, sent vestax videos and pictures of the issue, they then agreed it needed tobe sent back but before i do give vestax uk a call so i did and they told me to send it back to decks.co.uk so i rang decks.co.uk and spoke to them about it and they agreed it sounds like i need to send it in. £36 pound later postage to send it back. week later decks.co.uk ring me and tell me vestax said its totally fine and at speck (BULLSHIT) i explain this is not true! they then wait till they get the controller back, then i ring them to chase up and they talk to my like im a retard and tell me hey you do know you can adjust the jog tension by turning the wheel in the centre (NO SHIT) that is my issue! with the jog tension knob!! anyway they have sent it back and here in this video you can see it is not fine!! not at spe of what it was when i got it! and other vci-380s iv used are not like this! VESTAX what can be done about this???

Very unhappy!!!

Has anyone else with a Vestax VCI-380 got this same issue of really loose jog tension knob???

Cheers Woolsey.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:35 PM - 26 April, 2013
Ok so going to talk with an engineer from vestax next week about this now to get to the bottom of this issue.

But would really like a yes / no from any other users on here to if your vci-380 is like this?

cheers.
DJ freestylefrenzy 4:52 PM - 28 April, 2013
hey LJ..

Ill chime in here. I had mine since opening day. and I just recently sent mine in because a faulty left channel fader. They replaced it for free..My serial number started with 124 which I heard some units with that starting SN had the same trouble.

As for my platters, the jog tension were working for me
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:21 PM - 28 April, 2013
Ya i had those replaced aswel. Jog tension works fine but the knob in the middle to make the adjustment it really loose look at video is your like that?
michingon 2:47 PM - 30 April, 2013
My left channel suddenly mutes, SN starts with 125...
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:33 PM - 30 April, 2013
Grrr cant anyone check my issue and confirm if theres is loose like that ir really stiff?

Just like to know if anyone else has this issue.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:36 AM - 1 May, 2013
I just tried mine and they work fine.

It tightens both directions clockwise and counter clockwise.
phatbob 3:08 AM - 1 May, 2013
Mine are both fine. No real difference to how they were when the unit was new.

Seems most likely you just got unlucky and got a faulty adjuster.
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:12 AM - 1 May, 2013
Thanks guys, really hard issue to explain as the jog wheel adjusts fine loose or tight BUT the knob in the centre is always mega loose so if the night it just turns by it self and that will male the jog wheel tighter or looser and mess thungs up as you get used to the feel of the jog wheel.

Hopefully will get it sorted.
DJ Neanderthal 5:11 PM - 22 August, 2014
So I just picked up a used 380 from guitar center and my left jog wheels tension gets loose even if the middle part is all the way tight.. it's like the tensioner is not working correctly. Any ideas?