Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

CDJ2000 HID mode not working

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
ripgroove21 10:18 AM - 25 April, 2013
Hi,

I've just found a strange problem with HID mode on a CDJ2000. I've been using them for months like this but all of a sudden one of the CDJs won't connect over HID.

It finds a connection but instead of asking 'deck 1 or deck 2' as usual it just says 'PC' and you can't control anything with it.

I've updated to the latest CDJ firmware to see if that helps not it does not. I've also tried different USB leads & hubs to see if that helps but it doesn't.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
DJMartin 10:31 AM - 25 April, 2013
Hi ripgroove21,

After updating to the latest CDJ firmware, did you check if the HID settings are set to advanced?
Press the "disc" and the "menu" button simultaneous and scroll down to HID. Make sure this is set to advanced.

Let me know if this worked for you.

Greetings from Holland,
Martin
ripgroove21 10:33 AM - 25 April, 2013
Hi, thanks for the reply...

Yes I did. The problem started before I updated the firmware, I just updated to see if it would fix the problem.
DJMartin 11:23 AM - 25 April, 2013
Did you install the CDJ aggregator for mac?

You can download it here: www.pioneer.eu

Quote:
For connecting multiple CDJs to a Mac, as well as designating them as audio output device targets for your supporting DJ software, you will first need to set up an aggregated device. This can normally be accomplished by using Audio MIDI Setup, a utility which comes bundled with Mac OS X. We have provided an alternative program called CDJ Aggregator, which simplifies this procedure to a single click.

Please also download the instruction manual and read through it before installing the tool.

This tool is not necessary for Windows users because Windows CDJ drivers support audio output to multiple devices. Please be sure to install and use the Windows drivers corresponding to your CDJ device.
ShastaMusic 11:04 PM - 3 December, 2015
Quote:
Hi,

I've just found a strange problem with HID mode on a CDJ2000. I've been using them for months like this but all of a sudden one of the CDJs won't connect over HID.

It finds a connection but instead of asking 'deck 1 or deck 2' as usual it just says 'PC' and you can't control anything with it.

I've updated to the latest CDJ firmware to see if that helps not it does not. I've also tried different USB leads & hubs to see if that helps but it doesn't.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever resolve this? If so what did you do?
ilandjproducer 10:51 PM - 28 December, 2015
hi,
sometimes i have this issue and i just clic on the rotate button of the cdj and the choice deck 1/2 appears, try :)
jbunks 1:19 PM - 8 January, 2016
Yes just trying turning the track select knob and the deck selection option appears.
Xavier Albareda 2:38 PM - 26 January, 2016
Hope to see that this issue doesn't show again since the last version
Gorian 1:02 AM - 4 June, 2016
I'm experiencing the same issue occasionally. Takes minutes sometimes to get the CDJs to connect, and sometimes the one CDJ connects fine while the other doesn't. I am also experiencing random disconnections.