Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ITCH 1.0.4 is now in Public Beta

Serato, Moderator
Andy W 7:11 AM - 26 September, 2008
Hey everyone, just letting you all know that we're taking ITCH 1.0.4 into the Public phase of our pre-release Beta testing cycle.

By clicking through to the Public Beta area you may then read and accept the Conditions Of Use for the forum area and for software made available for Public Beta testing - after that you can download the software to try out.

Here's the link: www.serato.com
Jacob dutton 3:37 PM - 27 September, 2008
In reference to my other posts today, i think you need to get the previous version right first.
soulfool 7:10 PM - 28 September, 2008
lol,

mate, its just an update of the software, to iron out the problems on the first!

Wont hold it against u man, i'm sure you got a brain there! somewhere ;-)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 12:42 AM - 29 September, 2008
Hi Jacob,

1.0.4 is an update of "the first version". This version has only a few new features with the focus mainly on bug fixes. I encourage you to give it ago :)
Jacob dutton 11:00 AM - 29 September, 2008
I have the same problems with the 'update' of the flawed 'first version' nick.
casket hands 7:42 PM - 29 September, 2008
I have to disagree on a minor scale. If you have a sec, go look at the numark idj2 forums an read the bitching there. It's been more than 9 months since the unit has had so much as a firmware tweak. Meanwhile the idj2 is glitchy, impercise and a whole he'll of a lot more unstable than itch. Personally I have to commend the serato team for involving the community so heavily in it's development process and for treating it's users as responsible adults that can handle a beta release and give good enough feedback to improve the software and it's connectivity.
The software is optional, and as with anything that you adopt early on in it's life cycle, a few eggs will be broken to make this omlette. When building software for so many different set ups and 2 platforms, its surprising it works as well as it does. 99% of users will probably not experience a major gig ruining issue and I hope to be on of those.
DJCheLu 12:04 AM - 30 September, 2008
I used this update for a live gig last friday for 5 hours and it worked perfectly. using XP.
gmobley 3:59 PM - 2 October, 2008
1.0.4 is working well but I'm having a small issue - I have my settings to play from first cue point however if I load a track that doesn't have a cue point it starts from the middle of the song or maybe it's starting from the same time as the last track was playing - I don't think this is how 1.0.3 worked - it would just start from the beginning of the track - I would prefer this method. So I use shift/rewind to take the track to the beginning - in doing this it also changes the auto loop settings, which isn't something I want it to do either. Are these bugs or am I just doing something wrong?
Serato
Zeb 9:45 PM - 2 October, 2008
gmobley,
could you please post any beta related questions in the beta area!
To answer your question you need to have "Play from start" & "Play from first cue point"
selected in the set up screen in order for both of these settings to work.
lakipank 12:32 PM - 27 October, 2008
When djing with 1.04 beta, I have sometimes small glitches/dropouts when I load a new track into the other deck. Version 1.03 works well.

(MacOS 10.5.4, MBP 2.4, 2GB)
lakipank 12:36 PM - 27 October, 2008
Improvement suggestion: the BRAKING sound with KEYLOCK ON schould be like the sound with keylock switched off.
public 7:05 AM - 30 October, 2008
i download 1.0.4 beta is doesn't launch at all

Serato
Pene 3:01 AM - 3 November, 2008
hi public,
please create a new discussion in the public beta area here: www.serato.com and let us know the specs of your computer so we can discuss your problem
Serato
Pene 9:26 PM - 10 November, 2008
Public Beta 2 of ITCH 1.04 is now available for download:
www.serato.com

We'd appreciate your feedback, especially from those of you who downloaded the previous Public Beta version.