Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

choosing my output

DJ Notch 9:10 PM - 24 September, 2008
I recently got my Vestax VCI-300 a week ago with the Itch software.
I noticed when it was first hooked up I was able to make use of my built-in Macbook speakers,
but now for some reason it will not allow me to hear anything unless I choose the VCI as my output source even thou the choice for both are still there. built-in/VCI.
All other software I use with my Macbook will play fine & I can hear the music.
Only with Itch it won't allow audio to play unless it's through the VCI-300.
Did I change something or how do I active the built-in choice again for Itch?

Notch
Macbook 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB RAM
Serato Itch Vestax VCI-300
M-Audio Oxygen 8
Serato
Pene 11:10 PM - 24 September, 2008
ITCH is only supposed to play audio through the VCI-300.
When you select the output source, do you mean in the system preferences? Or somewhere else?
daffy 10:01 AM - 25 September, 2008
I´m dreaming about converting to playing lossless fileformats only trough hi-quality DACs (like benchmark and the like) so, even tough VCI-300 is propably a trailblaizing controller and ITCH an amazing program (and I have it ordered already) I would still like to have a possibility to choose between different D/A units and outputs. Is this going to happen in the future?

In an another post somebody from serato said that FLAC support might be coming? Is this going to happen sooner or later? I have a half of my libary in flac.
DJ Notch 3:56 PM - 28 September, 2008
thanx I got it
DJ Notch 3:59 PM - 28 September, 2008
The first time I ran Itch it allowed me to use the built-in Macbook speakers.
Now it won't allow me to, is there something I can change to allow that
Serato
Zeb 10:18 PM - 28 September, 2008
DJ Notch,
Itch is only supposed to play audio through the VCI-300.
I am not sure how you managed to get it to play out of your computer speakers?
there must be some kind of problem with your audio drivers/system.
Can you tell your computer specs/OS details.
DJ Notch 7:54 PM - 29 September, 2008
my spec are:
Macbook 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo,
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
140 GB
M-Audio Oxygen 8
KRK Rokit 5 powered
DJ Notch 7:55 PM - 29 September, 2008
It only happen the first few times I tried Itch.
OSX 10.5.5
DJ Notch 7:57 PM - 29 September, 2008
When ever I create new crates there are not being saved when I restart Itch.
Even my overview file that were scanned before some still come up without the cue points & BPM setting missing too.
What gives?
Serato
Zeb 9:15 PM - 29 September, 2008
I'm not sure why the cue points are not saving? try not building overviews on files you have just added cue points & or loops too.
Try quitting & restarting Itch after you add cue points to file & see if it saves then.
In regards to the crates disappearing, were you putting files inside these crates or were they being left empty?
Serato
Pene 10:35 PM - 29 September, 2008
In addition to Zeb's questions:
What file type are your audio files?
Have you tried the 1.04 Public Beta and do you get the same problem with these?
Are you using an external drive? (if so, you might want to check you have write permission on it)
DJ Notch 7:57 AM - 30 September, 2008
I'm using an external USB WD drive & using mp3 files to populate the crates being made.
I was first making overviews then marking cue points after.
I got 1.0.4 beta & it seems to be working so far with both issues.
It saved two crates I created yesterday that appear as I made them.
Question
Are overviews supposed to allow the bpms to be detected once the mp3s have been overviewed or can it be forced to detect bpms once overviewed already?
DJ Notch 7:59 AM - 30 September, 2008
how do I add folders to the crates I create?
So I can keep songs using the same samples together in one folder in the same crate.
daffy 8:50 AM - 2 October, 2008
Dear Serato, I would like an answer to my questions above:
Quote:
I´m dreaming about converting to playing lossless fileformats only trough hi-quality DACs (like benchmark and the like) so, even tough VCI-300 is propably a trailblaizing controller and ITCH an amazing program (and I have it ordered already) I would still like to have a possibility to choose between different D/A units and outputs. Is this going to happen in the future?

In an another post somebody from serato said that FLAC support might be coming? Is this going to happen sooner or later? I have a half of my libary in flac.

Serato
Zeb 9:21 PM - 2 October, 2008
daffy,
I have no knowledge of plans to include flac as a supported format, this does not mean it will never be supported but at this stage there is no plan to do so.
As far as wanting to be able to use alternative D/A converters as to the ones provided in a VCI300 type controller, there is also no current plans to allow for this but this also does not mean there will never be either for current or future Itch controllers.
I am with you on this I think it would be cool to be able to use very high quality converters if that's what you desire, like (Apogee or API) but that is my personal opinion.
I hope this helps, thanks.