Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Paid and free Visuals

Code:E 1:21 AM - 3 April, 2013
I felt like sharing publicly. I sent this to someone else who asked for it and i had no problem sharing. Maybe someone out there will share with me other high quaintly free and paid visuals sites.

"Well the best place to start is www.beeple-crap.com That guy is amazing!

download everything he has!

Heres some more serato.com

this site has some stuff but a lot is crap archive.org

thrill.artificialeyes.tv

There is some info here on where too look dancehallmedia.org

Some paid site, not sure is its really any good or not www.vjloops.com

In my view the 2nd best place to get visuals www.motionloops.com If you got $1k lying around (for SD) or $2k (for HD) you can buy everything they have and I think it would be a great investment.

And lastly the best paid site for quality content I have found resolume.com I will LOVE to have everything off of that website, But I just can't justify it. Its soooo much money. "
SeriousCyrus 9:45 AM - 3 April, 2013
Do a lot of people buy these? Most of them are just loops though aren't they, are people looking for more interactive files, like qtz?

Are they DRM'd or do they go and trust you won't share out the visuals?

TBH, I could make a lot of clips like the ones above.
Code:E 5:55 PM - 3 April, 2013
Quote:
Do a lot of people buy these?

As a Visual Artist (guy doing visuals at clubs/festivals) Ya buying content is a must. Now really big shows require some custom content, but a ton of stock awesome content can help.
Quote:
Most of them are just loops though aren't they, are people looking for more interactive files, like qtz?

I always am, but I dont see that many people using them in big shows. With programs Like resolume you can put beat markers in video tracks time effects to a MIDI clock.

Quote:
Are they DRM'd or do they go and trust you won't share out the visuals?

As far as i know they are not, and yes people i find don't like to share video content, even more so than music videos.
Quote:
TBH, I could make a lot of clips like the ones above.

What program would you use?
DJ DisGrace 6:11 PM - 3 April, 2013
good stuff here too
www.digitaljuice.com
SeriousCyrus 8:46 PM - 3 April, 2013
Quote:
[What program would you use?

I've been working with qc for the last year or so, in combination with mix emergency. Along with working on my dj mapped setup, i find time to make some visuals and slowly moving toward using them live, got some basic ones here:

youtu.be

Mixed in ME, audio and beat reactive, with simple user inputs to trigger events like an animation or lighting change, plus some of my own custom effects.

ME and serato video are great with qtz files, ME more so. it's possible to achieve a lot of interaction, more so than other vj programs, which only have the mixed audio to work with.
Code:E 1:52 AM - 4 April, 2013
so your all doing your stuff with QC. You have some good ideas there.
SeriousCyrus 12:16 PM - 5 April, 2013
Quote:
so your all doing your stuff with QC. You have some good ideas there.

Thanks, most of it is QC, but I'm starting to learn xcode too, so I can do plugins and my own apps when QC just can't do it. It's still possible to do so much running qtz files in ME and a bit of thought.
nemix 12:38 AM - 6 April, 2013
If no one reposted this already from an old thread I started, this guy has pretty legit stuff and looks like his download link are all/mostly still up.

www.youtube.com
DJMisterE 6:35 AM - 8 April, 2013
Quote:
If no one reposted this already from an old thread I started, this guy has pretty legit stuff and looks like his download link are all/mostly still up.

www.youtube.com

Those are all pulled from other sites / sources. I have most of them.

QUESTION: What is the biggest type of visuals you guys are looking for? Please be specific
Code:E 5:10 PM - 8 April, 2013
Quote:

I thought so..... I was watching them and was like wait i have half of these but i have never downloaded anything from this guy before.

Quote:
QUESTION: What is the biggest type of visuals you guys are looking for? Please be specific

for me its more how am i going to play them. the types i like are beeple style videos. Lots going on real interesting to watch. no sold colours in the background (black or white or any any other colour) because I'm not layering this visuals. Length is important, longer ones are nice so its not so repetitive a 30 second long clip could be played 8 times with long tracks. Loopable is a must! ME and serato video are not very powerful video tools compared to modul8, Resolume, grand VJ, so having a video that loops is a must to make it look seemless because you dont have forward backward play option.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:19 PM - 8 April, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
I thought so..... I was watching them and was like wait i have half of these but i have never downloaded anything from this guy before.
Quote:
for me its more how am i going to play them. the types i like are beeple style videos. Lots going on real interesting to watch. no sold colours in the background (black or white or any any other colour) because I'm not layering this visuals. Length is important, longer ones are nice so its not so repetitive a 30 second long clip could be played 8 times with long tracks. Loopable is a must! ME and serato video are not very powerful video tools compared to modul8, Resolume, grand VJ, so having a video that loops is a must to make it look seemless because you dont have forward backward play option.

Agreed! The busier the better for me as well.
Seratobel 1:17 PM - 20 November, 2013
I know this thread has been opened for a while. Just wanted to give my contribution to this topic.

Best Visuals I found so far are the beeple one, great quality and free.

Another source I use is the VIMEO website. They have a staff picks section, in these section there are quite some interesting videos if you're ready to look a bit.

Also on the VIMEO website, a lot of videos can be downloaded in HD for free...
DJ Reflex 5:29 AM - 21 November, 2013
Quote:
Also on the VIMEO website, a lot of videos can be downloaded in HD for free...

Videos... maybe, but the sound quality will not be good. I use a few for for visuals / effects only.

I agree that Beeple has some good stuff for throwing up on screen when you need some decent visual loops. :)
Seratobel 2:37 PM - 10 July, 2014
yes sound quality is not good, but I just use the visuals
DJ Tecniq 10:09 PM - 10 July, 2014
Try shadow dancers youtu.be
DJ Marv the Maverick 2:04 PM - 15 February, 2016
Any ideas where to buy video overlays of the usual dj sound samples eg
Reggae Horn
Breaking glass
Lil Jon Yeeeeeah & Let's Go
Puuuull up

I'm on ME and SDJ

I want the photo or visual to float/blend on the main mix when I trigger SP6 as usual.

Thanks
Klaus456 2:24 PM - 13 February, 2017
Good work, guys! I advise you to see a collection of Video Mapping videomapping.store!
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:46 PM - 23 February, 2017
www.freeloops.tv

Free account 10 specific free Visuals download per month

Pro tier starts from $5 a month with unlimited downloads of all loops and packs except png and other versions. I signed up for this.
VisualArtistPromotions 7:11 AM - 23 July, 2017
You lucky readers have struck gold!

This is a topic we know VERY well! Below are a bunch of sources for high quality syncopated to BPM loops.

Visual loops come in many forms, most predominantly (And the most frequently used in the VJ industry is the .mov DXV3 format for resolume) However, regardless of this. Below are many sources of high quality visuals for VJ/DJ mixing which can be used in any software. which are available in more flexible formats. Descriptions included.

Our favourite:

www.ArtificiallyAwake.co.uk
---Timed to 4x4 pattern, 125-130bpm highest quality visuals---

www.resolume.com
--- A selection of the finest visuals on offer, slightly pricier than buying from the source but albeit amazing quality, This site offers downloads in multiple formats and resolutions, all of the top visuals creators release on this site---

www.vjloops.com
An amazing selection of visuals which can be bought as packs or individually, Prices are competitive and most of the industries top content creators sell via this site.

www.videohive.com
Slightly more consumer, much less unique stuff. but very cheap, tends to be more floaty and less syncopated.

www.beeple-crap.com
An independant designer who is world renowned for being one of the best audio-visual artists on the planet. This guy gives most of his stuff away for free. definitely worth a click!

www.volumetricks.com
Another independant visuals producer, volumetricks provides smaller quantity packs, but all the content is high quality and syncopated, bargain!

www.ghosteaminc.com
One final independant visual artist is Ghosteam, visit the site to see for yourself!
1000DaysWasted 10:35 PM - 26 July, 2017
Thanks

With www.resolume.com they have a licence where you cant record a mix and put it on YouTube or something...its only for performance.

"You are not allowed to use the Footage for television shows or movies. It is also not
allowed to broadcast, record or stream the Footage on the internet or otherwise."

resolume.com

I'm not sure what the other sites are like

its just a heads up
TanookiG 10:37 AM - 28 August, 2017
I also found many inspiring vj loops limeartgroup.com ! I hope you will come in handy!
VJLoops 10:36 AM - 26 September, 2017
I've been managing VJLoops.com since 2005. We have over 64,000 loops in HD, 4k and other resolutions for multiscreen setups or led installations. Over 700 contributing artists, free weekly downloads and monthly discounts for subscribers. Buy packs to save or purchase them individually. We have performance licenses (cheapest) and royalty free licenses for commercial use. Our content was built for the working professional. Tons of themes to choose from. Contact me kyle at vjloops.com for any inquiries
TheReelWorld 4:45 AM - 20 October, 2017
My question is ...what are the legalities of using video that contain movie footage, music videos and loops from youtube? I compile them all in my own loops and people seem to dig them when I play them over a projector. I have a friend who is starting to get work as a DJ and he said there was an opportunity for visuals and i'm super stoked. I just want to know what I can and can't do. If there are some corners I can cut, from people that know the industry, i'm all ears. These are small clubs in not-so-big towns. Thanks.
popnwave 10:16 PM - 20 October, 2017
IANAL - it's not legal, but if you're not publishing material using it and sharing it....

You'd have to really piss someone off to get nailed for using it at a small gig.
Studio Gambar Gerak 7:06 PM - 20 May, 2018
videohive.net

feel free to take look my works.. thank you
DJ Reflex 2:21 AM - 22 May, 2018
^^ Not Bad ^^
Studio Gambar Gerak 4:58 PM - 22 May, 2018
thank you
LightSoundProjections 3:15 AM - 15 June, 2019
These guys do a promo-deal, selling their whole collection (481 loops) in bulk for 100 euros, compared to buying the loops in packs which would be like 840 euros. Definitely worth a look!

www.djvisualsbuilder.com