Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Anyone Use NI Kontrol F1 with Serato DJ?

Philip Ray 5:07 PM - 25 March, 2013
Just bought the Native Instruments Kontrol F1 and playing around with it a little in Traktor Pro 2.5... NS6 does not really like Traktor software (or vice versa); BTW. I love the F1 but want to be able to use it in DJ as I am more comfortable with that software.

Once I installed Traktor, my Serato DJ Software stopped working everytime I plug in the NS6 so I have not tried any of the Midi Mapping...

Just wanted to know if anyone else had any luck with the combination of the NS6, Serato DJ, and the Kontrol F1.
deejdave 8:33 PM - 25 March, 2013
I also wanted to know that. I regularly use the Kontrol X1 and its great but I'm thinking of purchasing the F1 this week.
diezdiaz 3:06 AM - 26 March, 2013
I'm sure it will work fine but I'm a bit hard pressed to what functions it would be good for mapping to. The x1 though, is good
Philip Ray 1:28 PM - 28 March, 2013
I ilike the Remix aspect and played around in NI Traktor Pro, but I still like the Serato Interface better. I just want to know if anyone has been successful mapping it and do you think it will work the same for Remix Packs for Serato DJ like it does in NI Traktor?
phatbob 2:31 PM - 28 March, 2013
You can map it to basic functions in SDJ but that's it. If you want remix deck functionality then Traktor is what you need.
Philip Ray 2:28 PM - 1 April, 2013
Thanks. That is what I thought, but had to ask. I wish there was a better NI interface for the NS6 though... hate to upgrade/trade away my deck just to get functionality.
Basster 3:49 PM - 7 September, 2013
Yes, you can.
I'm currently working on a combined mapping with LED Out via NI Controller Editor and Serato DJ.

But I'm facing some problems that you cannot map various buttons (e.g. the SP6 sync buttons) on one MIDI Channel, which annoys me a lot. Maybe I need an additional MIDI translator here...

I hope they will merge the MIDI Out feature from SSL 2.5 over to SDJ soon and before 1.5./1.6.
Philip Ray 1:44 PM - 1 October, 2013
Basster... Did you get that mapping to work? I have basically gone back to SDJ permanently and without my F1. I am not a Midi Programmer so I have not fiddled with getting it to work with anything more than the SP6 portion. I really want to use it to trigger loop-rolls and things like the Pioneer gear does inherently.

Anyone have any luck getting the F1 to program to do Loop Rolls and the other things that the Pioneer SX can do?
Mr. Goodkat 5:51 AM - 2 October, 2013
does SDJ map as easily as SSL with any MIDI device? Maybe not any but the NI x1, x1 v2, and F1?

I'd rather have my x1 than a extra turntable. always thought the F1 would be better as a second unit with the X1 v1. Use the X1 for playback and cues, the F1 for sampler and efx.
DJ Yaitanis 6:09 PM - 10 August, 2014
Has anyone successfully mapped NI Traktor F1 with Serato 1.6.3 and above? Most specifically to use it as a cue pad like the ones on a Pioneer Controller DDJ SZ or Reloop Terminal Mix 8
DjSyndic8 12:36 AM - 11 August, 2014
Quote:
Has anyone successfully mapped NI Traktor F1 with Serato 1.6.3 and above? Most specifically to use it as a cue pad like the ones on a Pioneer Controller DDJ SZ or Reloop Terminal Mix 8

I have and it works like a dream, I use it mainly for beatgridding my tracks on the fly, I also use the DDJ SP1 as well download the mapping tool from Tracktos site and get mapping dude:)
DJ Yaitanis 1:05 AM - 11 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I have and it works like a dream, I use it mainly for beatgridding my tracks on the fly, I also use the DDJ SP1 as well download the mapping tool from Tracktos site and get mapping dude:)

Do you have the link for the Mapping tool and the mapping?
DjSyndic8 1:28 AM - 11 August, 2014
Quote:
Do you have the link for the Mapping tool and the mapping?

Do you know how to use google bro? ask google and it will point you in the right direction.
try this page when you install the drivers the mapping tool should be installed I think.............co.native-instruments.com
ojgbagg27 1:48 AM - 11 August, 2014
just install NI CONTROLLER EDITER on you computer then run it with F1 plugin the laubch SDJ, After both is up and running then you can map it with the midi function of your choice in SDJ
ojgbagg27 1:58 AM - 11 August, 2014
Philip Ray here is the link to NI Kontroller Editor protected-cdn-ec.native-instruments.com
DJ Yaitanis 5:43 AM - 11 August, 2014
Thanks again did not know if it was a 3rd party app
938MyDJ 2:09 PM - 27 August, 2014
Since SDJ1.7 will now have MIDI Panel...
I will pick up one F1 today.

Just wondering what F1 owners can say about mapping it on the beta.

Good or bad... I would like to hear it.

Thanks

:)
DJ Yaitanis 2:14 PM - 27 August, 2014
I have not been able to connect, am all ears!!!
ojgbagg27 11:01 PM - 15 October, 2014
DJ Yaitanis did you install the NI Kontrol Editor on your pc, If you did not do so you won't get any function out of your NI F1/X1. So first you need to install Kontrol Editor, after it is install also install the F1/X1 Driver then connect your hardware launch Kontrol Editor now launch Serato Dj click on MIDI too start your own mapping, when done you can export to save it and reload it when you need it. go here to obtain Kontrol Editor if you cant connect to the download link above send me your email address and I send it to you
LargeFarva 12:53 PM - 26 December, 2014
bump

Has anyone tried mapping the F1 in SDJ? I'm looking for a companion for my DDJ-SP1 for four channels with playback, pitch, nudge and other controls missing from the SP1 for controlling internal decks. I am considering the F1 and the new Allen and Heath xone:k1.
LargeFarva 12:58 PM - 26 December, 2014
Clarification: I meant mapping the F1 using the SDJ midi panel.
DjSyndic8 7:34 PM - 5 January, 2015
Quote:
Clarification: I meant mapping the F1 using the SDJ midi panel.

yer its possible I use Pioneer SP1 + the F1 very easy to map using the traktor mapping tool
LargeFarva 8:07 PM - 5 January, 2015
I have been using the Serato DJ MIDI panel, NOT the Traktor mapping tool, for anyone who is interested.
deejdave 8:14 PM - 5 January, 2015
Me as well. But one must remember to use it initially otherwise it may not be seen by the software. serato.com Three weeks ago I brought out my X1 from storage to map and play with my AMX. It was not seen until I opened the N.I. controller Editor. The same applies to the F1. I myself stuck to the Serto midi options. I did notice the mirroring of a control (using two encoders to browse the library) was not possible for me. In order to mirror a function (pretty much re-assign the encoders midi number) the controller editor must be used. With the F1 I can't (off hand) think of anything that would need to be "mirrored" though.
LargeFarva 8:19 PM - 5 January, 2015
Correct, I just use the controller mapper as a "bridge" and once Serato DJ receives either mapping or input from the controller, it seems that communication channel is established and the mapper can be closed, though it can also run in the background safely with no (apparent) problems.

It's a big greasy, but it works. I know have four pitch faders, play/pause buttons for all four decks, four pitch bend control at my disposal etc. it has reduced my errors from using the keyboard considerably.
deejdave 8:25 PM - 5 January, 2015
Quote:
It's a big greasy, but it works. I know have four pitch faders, play/pause buttons for all four decks, four pitch bend control at my disposal etc. it has reduced my errors from using the keyboard considerably.

I like it. I was wondering how you used the main faders etc. I am assuming top rwo are the four play buttons? What are the rest out of curiosity?
LargeFarva 8:35 PM - 5 January, 2015
Right now, the four start and stop remix deck bank buttons (bottom 4) are my play buttons. The top two remix cells of each "channel" are pitch bend up/down, the last (bottom) cell of each "channel" is pitch range. The faders are pitch faders - they don't work well at all for mixing, even in 8%, they're really there for tempo transitioning with sync. For mixing, I just choose to use the DVS timecode or just rely on the beatgrid.

This workflow only really works if you use channel 1 (my only DVS channel) as a queue and instant double tracks to the other channels after they are mixed in, keeping 1 free as your "working" channel. If you want to mix channel to channel, I'd recommend something that have high resolution faders with a lot more throw and some more resistance. The Allen and Heath Xone K1 looks really good, for instance, but I haven't put my hands on one to say this with certainty.
deejdave 8:49 PM - 5 January, 2015
One of the few I myself have not had the pleasure of handling. Not a common item for the local DJ shops either. Never were TBH although A&H is NOT known for junk and I am sure they made no exception here. The simple fact remains that it may just not be designed for that.

What's funny though is the faders on my S8 seem to have more resistance than the F1. The S8 struck me as x1's & F1's put together into one unit. Maybe this was a frequently requested thing? Who knows but you seem eager to get with the Xone:K1.................... if you do PLEASE don't forget to come back here and report. The X1 has just lost my interest for some reason. The thing is amazing and there are NO strikes against it................. I am thinking just after getting the S8 I need more difference. Similar to what happened with my SX after getting the SZ if this makes any sense. Anyways I have my eye on a few pieces from A&H including this one. DAMN I wish they struck up a new deal with Serato ................ I know this is VERY unlikely though.

The way I do it now (when I NEED full 4 deck control) is combine my SP1 with my SX, SZ or NS7II.

Nicely done with the F1 though. I gave mine away otherwise I may have tried myself too. Maybe not for the primary decks but 3 & 4 at least. Another thing I like about the K1 is the similar size to my AMX/AFX units..................... which were why I brought out the X1 again to begin with.
LargeFarva 9:10 PM - 5 January, 2015
I would add to anyone considering using this controller, I only want it so I can full four deck control with only one turntable (or even none as the ONLY reason I keep DVS is for scratching) in. Mixing with it as a deck controller along with the SP1 works, but does it work well? Kinda.

I think I'll need to map the shift button to work with the bitch bend button as the internal pitch nudge buttons so that large pitch control for transitioning can be done with the faders (intuitive) but subtle pitch nudging can also be possible.
LargeFarva 9:11 PM - 5 January, 2015
My point was, CDJ HID users should not need to go to all this trouble, as long as you have enough CDJs.
Puggy 4:15 PM - 21 March, 2015
Any of you guys managed to figure out how to change the lights with the f1 unit and serato DJ?
Puggy 4:15 PM - 21 March, 2015
This unit works beautifully but I only get orange lights, there must be a way to make the lights change when using with serato as well
ojgbagg27 5:43 PM - 21 March, 2015
You need to edit the hardware with control editor to suite your liking
Puggy 6:42 PM - 21 March, 2015
Yeah I figured it out, this controller is probably one of the best solutions out there as far as compact and portability go!

I throw this thing and and my AMX into my backpack for my gigs and I'm good to go!

Got cues, loops and FX controls mapped out so everything is accessible. Best of all is that it takes just a USB to power it along with the AMX.

If Serato got on it and made a similar controller with decent pads with a layout of 16 pads without having to switch between the decks like the AFX, and gave FX controls on one unit with native controls, I would cop it in a heartbeat!

But until then, the current setup is sick!
Serato, Support
Jordan L 1:34 AM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:
Yeah I figured it out, this controller is probably one of the best solutions out there as far as compact and portability go!

I throw this thing and and my AMX into my backpack for my gigs and I'm good to go!

Got cues, loops and FX controls mapped out so everything is accessible. Best of all is that it takes just a USB to power it along with the AMX.

If Serato got on it and made a similar controller with decent pads with a layout of 16 pads without having to switch between the decks like the AFX, and gave FX controls on one unit with native controls, I would cop it in a heartbeat!

But until then, the current setup is sick!

The DDJ-SP1?
Despo 10:36 AM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:

The DDJ-SP1?

Except the DDJ-sp1 is wide as fuck since the controls are laid out horizontally and you can't put it next to turntables as nicely as a F1, it's meant to be mounted above the Mixer.

Bscly, make a vertically laid out DDJ-Sp1
DjSyndic8 3:23 PM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:
The DDJ-SP1?

Quote:
Except the DDJ-sp1 is wide as fuck since the controls are laid out horizontally and you can't put it next to turntables as nicely as a F1, it's meant to be mounted above the Mixer.

Bscly, make a vertically laid out DDJ-Sp1

its hard to please the masses lol
DjSyndic8 3:24 PM - 23 March, 2015
I have the SP1 then I decided to get the DDj SX2 daaaaaam never looked back its solid as
deejdave 3:41 PM - 23 March, 2015
I get the want for a similar shape (AMX/AFX/F1/X1 etc) but I just can't get over the capabilities of the SP1.

After getting the X1, F1, AFX & Reloop Neon myself the SP1 still takes the win As a matter of fact I use the Sp1 with my AMX more than I do the AFX.
DjSyndic8 3:51 PM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:
I get the want for a similar shape (AMX/AFX/F1/X1 etc) but I just can't get over the capabilities of the SP1.

After getting the X1, F1, AFX & Reloop Neon myself the SP1 still takes the win As a matter of fact I use the Sp1 with my AMX more than I do the AFX.

in conjunction with the DDj SX2 I still use the F1 mainly for quick beat grid editing on the fly
Mr. Goodkat 5:11 PM - 23 March, 2015
sp1 is too big, wrong shape, wrong layout, not backlit, too much unused real estate, and too expensive. the pads are nice and its probably the best integrated of the controllers since its natively mapped.
Despo 5:13 PM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:
sp1 is too big, wrong shape, wrong layout, not backlit, too much unused real estate, and too expensive. the pads are nice and its probably the best integrated of the controllers since its natively mapped.

this +1
938MyDJ 6:56 PM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:
... the SP1 still takes the win

+1
LargeFarva 10:02 PM - 23 March, 2015
Until the SP1 pads are beat, I have no interest in anything else. The AFX is comes close, but they're a bit small and 2 Reloop Neon takes up even more space than an SP1.

Putting 16 pads on an AFX/X1/F1 sized unit is not a good idea. The pads would be worthlessly small - the AFX pads are already too small with just 8.

If you can figure out how to mount your SP1, you'll be set.
deejdave 10:09 PM - 23 March, 2015
Quote:

Size is an opinion so I can understand that.
"Not backlit" Knobs & faders are usually not backlit LOL. Other than that what is not backlit o the DDJ-SP1?
Too much unused real estate.......... where?

images.search.yahoo.com

Are we talking about the same controller?Just the backlit statement alone makes me question your entire angle. I just look at all sub controllers I can think of and I don't recall seeing a single one with backlit knobs or faders.

Too expensive .......... relative and varies by user. The SP1 is one of the least expensive devices I have ever got for DJing. Compared to the other sub controllers........... sure it is on the high side. Then again it came with Serato Video............
LargeFarva 10:24 PM - 23 March, 2015
Price is a bit high, I'd say by about $50 USD, but I think $300 is fair. There are a few optimizations as far as layout and included controls I'd like to see the Mk2, and of course add RBG pads, but I think its 9/10 for the most part.

The big problem I think a lot of users run into is space and mounting. There needs to be a way so it doesn't take up more footprint because for 90% of working DJs, setup space is something we have to work around. It also needs to be stable, because drumming on it is going to be improved by solid mounting - can you imagine being a drummer and having to use some folding tables or chairs instead of a real Gibraltar drum rack? That's what I feel like I'm doing putting it on a Crane plus like most users do.

I really think a tailor designed mounting options would solve the other half of the problems a MK2 design revision won't. I pound on my SP1 every time I mix - it honestly gets the most wear out of my gear besides my timecode/stylus/carts/TTs.

www.decks.co.uk

Something like that would the right solution, IMO. It gets around the space problem by sharing footprint with your mixer (slide the base under) and would be heavy enough to create a stable platform.

Problem I'm seeing is the RMX 1000 is listed at 13.4"Wx6.18" where the SP1 is narrower but deeper at 12.9"Wx7.0". I might see if I can get one imported and maybe do a bit of cutting to make it work.

Either that, or I'm going to design and make something myself.
Mr. Goodkat 12:10 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
Are we talking about the same controller?Just the backlit statement alone makes me question your entire angle. I just look at all sub controllers I can think of and I don't recall seeing a single one with backlit knobs or faders.

Too expensive .......... relative and varies by user. The SP1 is one of the least expensive devices I have ever got for DJing. Compared to the other sub controllers........... sure it is on the high side. Then again it came with Serato Video.....

most controllers arent backlit to keep price down. these started at 400$, sure you might have got it at 360 or so, and now its 299, but there are full controllers with sound cards and 2 channels for that much.

the build is good, but everyone knows size is a premium these days, theres plenty of dead space that could have been used for more buttons for functionality or just tightened the design to take an 1-2 inches on the unit. I've seen the 500-100 efx units and the rmx 500, and their size and used space seems much more efficent and functional.

So many of the buttons have a dual functionality that you need 2 hands to operate many of the functions. Its not reprogrammable to get to the functions you actually would want to use over what requires pushing a shift button. It would have been easier to have 2 pages than have to hold shift down when you want to use a second function. like how many people really need a main function censor/slip button? i would think 0. rel and int buttons would be a more useful main function for me.

and not puttin a play/stop/rewind button? cmon now, on a 399$ controller or even a 299 controller? its def not a full controller but its more than most small controller are and its size and cost prove that.

thats why its nice to hav the x1 to go along with the sp1, its just really dumb to have to use the x1 to fill simple functions and be able to map the controller how I want it. My x1 is mapped to have a stop start button, toggle between int and rel, and one of my knobs is mapped to the pitch slider in internal mode, so i can mix with just and x1 and a mixer.

I understand if this was first midi controller offering, but after the proliferation of units over the last 5-6 years, its overpriced and under functioned.

as far as video, i dont use it.
Mr. Goodkat 12:14 AM - 24 March, 2015
if you wondered why i bought it, i got it for $210 usd off clist, and at that time midi programming with the x1 was lacking. 1.74 beta is the first time ive been able to map and be able to save the mapping and not have it come up wrong or have functions not work. For example the rotary encoder on the x1 will still (even with beta 1.74) sometime revert to rel mode instead of compliment 2s, so i have to open the midi panel and change it each time. lately its like every 10 times instead of every other time in the first offerings of midi mapping.
deejdave 1:19 AM - 24 March, 2015
I do agree with some of what you say. I don't mean to dismiss your opinions as they are after all your opinions and nothing I could/would say is trying to imply you are not entitled to such.

I am just curious as to why the backlit topic would be a strike against this sub controller as no other sub controller offers this. The Serato video thing I get you may not use but then why not sell it for $99 (street price if you want to sell it) which would basically be knocked off the base price (cost to the user) making it $200 in reality. Lastly I believe this is being sold as a sub controller and has the controls of one. Add the transport controls and you are pretty much speaking DDJ-SR minus the platters and sound card.

I like my X1. As a matter of fact up until the SP1 came out it was my go to solution. Even for SSL I firmly believe it was by far the best sub controller you could have. Made The Denon unit seem like a unit out of 1985. That being said with the introduction of performance pads becoming pretty much standard in a modern DJ setup I do NOT think I could get by without them. To add to that The SP1 is the absolute SMALLEST size possible where it could still be effective with them in mind. It is the single reason why the AFX & Neon fail in comparison for my needs.

Slap on RGB, flip controls and a few other things I would say it is hands down a dream.

Would I in any way mind transport controls, backlit EVERYTHING, etc. not at all. They would be welcomed changes. The thing is the price would go way up. I would in no way mind but I can guarantee others would.

I see you use the Sp1 and the X1 complimenting. To me this seems like a great combo Overkill for me but I get it. I am curious though.................. if you HAD to remove one would you be able to get by better with the X1 or the SP1?
Mr. Goodkat 1:32 AM - 24 March, 2015
x1 by far. i have the same 8 pads for cues, the size of the pads are nice, i really sincerely doubt most people need pads of that calibre to dj with. what exactly are you doing that you need such a pad? live drumming for private gigs?? i can see if you were a performance dj or producer, but just general djing and using cues the x1's are fine.

i generally use the srt efx, but if i really wanna use the sdj efx i could program all three similar to the ddj sp1 or just use one, as i currently do, ala filter echo out on the second row of pads from top and the knob for wet dry.

clearly the size/weight is better and easier to integrate in a system and its cheaper. and i can use it with any mixer to dj without any external controller or tt or cdj.

its a no brainer now that midi implementation works. not sure if 2 would work like in traktor, because my sp1 and x1 are on the same powered hub, but if so, it might be the best bet and you can pick up used for 100$.

and it is overkill but its only for the lack of control options and lack of user midi programming on the sp1. I can get both of them in my bag so it works. still have to carry a laptop stand, which i never had to with the case for the x1, since it worked as a stand and easily fit into my laptop bag.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 1:39 AM - 24 March, 2015
I've used the X1 and F1 but found the X1's buttons to small for cue point smashing and the F1 too limied for controls. The only problem I've ever had with the SP1 is finding room in some booths. Has anyone given these a go for a stand?

pioneerdj.com

Having the SP1 sit behind the mixer would be even more convenient than a controller in-between the mixer and turntables/CDJ in my opinion.
deejdave 1:43 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
what exactly are you doing that you need such a pad? live drumming for private gigs?? i can see if you were a performance dj

Live drumming indeed. Cue juggling, Slicer (not possible no matter what you do with the X1) is HUGE with me. I still do club appearances as well but not for nothing my private events are even crazier than club events LOL. The size of my X1 are small. Again great for SSL but SSL was about as basic as it gets.

I mean there are some days where I can get by with JUST the AMX and use keyboard shortcuts. Some days I can throw in Serato Remote. There are some days that I want as much control as I can get.

The thing is the SP1 is based off the DDJ layout. It takes the best parts of it and applies it to any setup of your choosing. With the huge success of Pioneer last year (60% of all DJ gear sold last year worldwide was Pioneer in no small part thanks to the DDJ lineup) I think they were smart to keep the familiar layout and apply it to a sub controller. I think $400 was DEFINITELY too much to ask but that's as far as that goes.

I am absolutely hoping the SP2 is very similar to the SP1 with some additions.
deejdave 1:47 AM - 24 March, 2015
Quote:
I've used the X1 and F1 but found the X1's buttons to small for cue point smashing and the F1 too limied for controls. The only problem I've ever had with the SP1 is finding room in some booths. Has anyone given these a go for a stand?

Exactly. The X1 was GREAT ................ pre-performance pads. Now after being spoiled by performance pads I could NOT get by without them regardless the caliber or style of gig. Not for nothing some of the best jam sessions I have EVER had there were no other souls in sight and my latest jam sessions just would not be the same without performance pads.

I just wish Pioneer handle the SP1 like Zomo (lol I know but just look) did with their sub controller. Just LOOK at all the OEM mounting options.

www.zomo.de

www.zomo.de

www.zomo.de

That's IT..................... I am on a mission. Custom SP1 stand will be built later this week.
Mr. Goodkat 2:23 AM - 24 March, 2015
for me, when i do cue juggle i can do it with one hand with x1. i cant do that with the sp1. the slicer is a fun feature, but i rarely if ever use it. i see big names, never see them use it. to me thats just a demo video feature. stuff like that is too easy to over use imo, but maybe for like a dj comp it could be great. i dj not so much as a perfomer so IMO less is more when it comes to mixing for most crowds. stuff like using the slicer or word play(i know its not related but) really fly over most crowds and to me just a waste of time an energy, but everyone has their own theories on dj'ing.
deejdave 2:32 AM - 24 March, 2015
That's all it is. Like I said sometimes just standard a>b mixing with some FX thrown is is fine. Sometimes it's the music itself and not what you do with it. I just like capabilities and hate limitations is all I guess. Take a look at any DJ using Ableton, etc. Slicer, Flip............. HA not even close to enough for their needs.
LargeFarva 5:04 AM - 24 March, 2015
I've been DJing live for 12 years now and I know others have been at it for much longer. I find myself always interested in performing in new ways, even if the crowd isn't necessarily picking up on it. I enjoy being able to add an element of musicianship to my performance style, even in club environments. Redrumming stuff live using slicer and/or flip (I'm hoping for a meta flip function so rolls, slicer, censor, and other flips can be flipped) and making use of tone play on top of some turntablism tricks connects with me, and hopefully, my audience. For that functionality, I'm willing to lug around a slightly more expensive and heavy unit as it also meets the base functioning requirements for me, too.

The X1, AFX, and Neon are all awesome pieces of kit depending on the individual. I just find the SP1 best for me.
Entro 5:42 PM - 27 March, 2015
Quote:

This.

Would LOVE an X1 equivalent in Serato. So far, there isn't a slimline device that offers as much control (decks, library, effects). Now if we could REMAP NATIVE CONTROLLERS (gasp!), then we'd be set.

I'd map tempo and library controls to the AFX. Use that with a 900nxs or with the new Denon DS1 and whatever mixer is available. How awesome would that be?
Puggy 6:34 PM - 9 May, 2015
Quote:

pioneerdj.com

Having the SP1 sit behind the mixer would be even more convenient than a controller in-between the mixer and turntables/CDJ in my opinion.

Yeah, the pads on the F1 are great actually. Not too small and big enough for me to do some drumming with just one hand on two decks simultaneously! What's also great is the stand turns into a protective cover too and it's a solid build easily set up in any booth out there.

Setting up an SP1 at the top of a mixer in a club booth is almost impossible with most venues!

I mean the SP1 is great but I do have to agree that it is way too big! Recently that Reloop controller just dropped but it's too small lol, need something in between where you don,t have to switch decks on the controller and have access to all pads for both decks at the same time!

I custom made my own stand for my AMX too so it stands at turntable hieght with the F1 next to it! Gotta say it's a good setup and can easily be taken aprt and hooked up to a club mixer also!
Pop-I 5:40 PM - 21 April, 2016
I play on a Denon MC6000mk2 so the F1 is a great tool for me. I have mapped it to control Serato video and fire samples.

(When I do not need video I use traktor because of stems and remix decks. I have two F1s and they are great with the MC6Kmk2
DJ.LATiNO 4:44 PM - 18 February, 2019
Can anyone help me. I bought a Traktor F1 and want to map to work with serato. I also have a numark orbit which works fine but bought the F1 as a better option. I have downloaded the driver change all of the button types to note accept the Faders and knobs. using controller editor ofcourse. Can someone please just help step by step
DJ.LATiNO 4:45 PM - 18 February, 2019
And I'm using a an HP Elitebook 6/7th Gen. Windows machine. with fresh OS
Pop-I 6:05 PM - 18 February, 2019
Yup,

First I created a custom setup/mapping in the Controller Editor from NI. This is to set the pads to trigger or gate and to give the the colors you want them to have.

I can send you my mappings if you want to. Just give me a PM

Then I just mapped them to Serato using the normal way inside Serato. (Remember to enter midi mode. SHIFT + BROWSE on the F1)
Korduroy 2:31 AM - 19 February, 2019
Hey man! I've been using the F1 for a few years now. I made a mapping that works for me.

You can download it here:
www.dropbox.com

Installation is basic:
One file to Serato
The other for the controller editor
You need the NI controller editor to make ir work and also to have output lighting.
so..
Basically I split the controller in 2. A+B
4 cues-4 loops (1/2/4/8) on each side Cues are in color loops are in green.
I play with just one turntable to the left. so there are a few shortcuts Ex: Shift+knob encoder is loop length for the right deck
Shift+push encoder is BPM reset for the right deck
Sliders are the on/off Buttons for Fx. I think tap tempo is mapped to the bottom buttons ( don't use it as much as I though so I'm not sure if its still there)

If you have any questions hit me up!

Peace!