Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Akai Amx with additional midi controller?

bluefoot 9:03 AM - 30 December, 2014
Anyone else got a 2nd midi controller (such as Kontrol f1) working while their Akai AMX is already plugged in?
deejdave 8:13 PM - 30 December, 2014
Quote:
Anyone else got a 2nd midi controller (such as Kontrol f1) working while their Akai AMX is already plugged in?

Are you asking for a generic midi controller ONLY? Because I don't think there would be ANYONE who is NOT using a midi controller of some sorts with the AMX. The AMX is too limited in controls to be used without IMO.

I own and have used:

Pioneer DDJ-SP1
Akai AFX
Reloop Neon
Kontrol X1
Serato Remote

with the AMX.
bluefoot 8:50 PM - 30 December, 2014
OK cool. What version sdj, OS etc do u use
please?

My f1 just not showing up but is fine on my other rig which uses ns6 and f1.
deejdave 6:28 AM - 31 December, 2014
Not showing up as generic Midi controller?
bluefoot 7:31 AM - 31 December, 2014
Not showing up at all.
Mr Wilks 3:35 AM - 2 January, 2015
Is it in MIDI mode and not the Traktor mode?

Is it SHIFT + HOTCUE (from memory?).
bluefoot 12:52 PM - 5 January, 2015
hi guys, thanks for the suggestions - Luke from serato just reminded me I needed NI controller manager to get the F1 recognised.

I had done the midi mode on the unit itself but it is Shift/browse on the F1 not shift/hotcue - just fyi.

Also Luke explained that I had to use the editor to change the MIDI control signal being sent to "Note" and this worked for the pads. I am going to work out what setting is best for faders and pots next time I get a minute.

This use of controller editor was new to me as on old my old system I already had NI Controller editor due to having traktor already. Plus I never had to use the editor to alter anything before.

So only posting in case anyone else has same issue and needs to know these steps.
deejdave 5:26 PM - 5 January, 2015
I L-I-T-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y have NO idea how I didn't think of this. I just recently (like as in 3 weeks ago) had to do the same with the X1. The second you open it (controller editor) Serato recognizes LOL. Sorry bud................. I really shoulda remembered this one. Glad to hear you are up and running though.
bluefoot 6:47 PM - 5 January, 2015
haha, no worries mate. Thread is here if anyone needs in the future anyway.
deejdave 7:13 PM - 5 January, 2015
True that!!