Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

DJ Intro shuts down

Product
Serato DJ Intro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-WeGO
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Havoc97 3:21 AM - 4 March, 2013
I am new to Mac, so I don't know if I downloaded the program correctly onto my computer, but I am able to open DJ Intro. The program opens with no problems and all the buttons work. The problem happens when I'm about 3 or 4 songs into a mix and DJ Intro, the entire program shuts down. Then the computer gives me a message that the programs closed on its own and that I can reopen it or report it to Apple. When I reopen, Intro opens up again, everything works, and the same problem happens again after 3 or 4 more songs. Let me know what you think.
ernie 11:15 PM - 4 March, 2013
Quote:
I am new to Mac, so I don't know if I downloaded the program correctly onto my computer, but I am able to open DJ Intro. The program opens with no problems and all the buttons work. The problem happens when I'm about 3 or 4 songs into a mix and DJ Intro, the entire program shuts down. Then the computer gives me a message that the programs closed on its own and that I can reopen it or report it to Apple. When I reopen, Intro opens up again, everything works, and the same problem happens again after 3 or 4 more songs. Let me know what you think.
upgrade your mac to 10.8.2
2.Um.@.X 7:57 AM - 5 March, 2013
Try increasing the USB BUFFER SIZE (LATENCY) under SETUP. Try first 20ms then decrease the number before you have some issues regarding on the software/hardware interface.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 11:57 PM - 10 March, 2013
Hey Havoc97,

Thanks for getting in touch,

1. Have you updated the DDJ-WEGO firmware?
I recommend you install the latest firmware.
Download Here --> www.pioneerelectronics.com
Update Guide Here --> www.pioneerelectronics.com

Try that first and see if you still have issues.
If its still happening can you get back to me with the following information please.

2. Are you using any external hard drives to organise your music?
3. Are you using any other USB devices?
4. How big is your music library?

Havoc97 8:52 AM - 11 March, 2013
Yes, I updated my firmware before I downloaded Intro. I am using no external hard drives or USB devices and my music library is only 10.54 GB. Could you maybe give me a set by set direction on downloading and installing the Intro software? Like I said, I'm new to this Mac and I don't know if I did it correctly. But like I said, the program does open and I am able to mix for about 3 or 4 songs until it shuts down. Thank you.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:11 PM - 17 March, 2013
Hey Havoc97,

I apologise it has taken me a few days to get back to you!

Quote:
But like I said, the program does open and I am able to mix for about 3 or 4 songs until it shuts down.

This is a strange issue...
Its pointing towards drivers and firmware not being installed correctly.

Lets try installing everything again from the beginning.

1. Download the latest firmware 1.07 and install it.
Download here --> pioneerdj.com
Update Guide Here --> pioneerdj.com

2. Download the latest SERATO DJ 1.1.2 and install it.
Download Here --> serato.com

3. Check the default audio device is your MAC Laptop onboard speakers.
-- Connect your PIONEER WEGO and launch SERATO DJ 1.1.2
-- Minimize SERATO DJ (do not close the application)
-- Click your APPLE icon (top left corner of your screen)
-- Navigate to SYSTEM PREFERENCES
-- Click the SOUND icon
-- Click the OUTPUT tab
-- Make sure INTERNAL SPEAKERS are selected

The last thing I recommend doing is updating your OSX to the latest 10.8.2.

Let me know how you get on.
11:00 PM, 31 Mar 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.