Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Numark NS6 and Serato DJ

Piercez 9:33 AM - 25 February, 2013
Hello, what do you think of Serato Dj for Numark NS6? I'd like to know your opinions.

thanks
weeggyy 12:58 PM - 25 February, 2013
it is still work in progress not ready for live performance yet...

Major issues for me

*sound popping while playing a song
*sound clicking when assigning effects using A/B button (this one is so obvious i don't understand why serato cant reproduced it)
*some users encountered sound muting when applying effects (i haven't experience it but this is scary)

Minor issues..

*I have to nudge the platter more compared to itch even they have the same BPM... (i'll try to re analyze my tracks for this one..)

They should have a beta version first, before releasing this version.. Anyway I'm optimistic serato will sort it out.. Kudos to them because i know they are doing there job...
Piercez 1:13 PM - 25 February, 2013
Hello! Same problems. Even the songs that are not in time.
In fact, I opened a support ticket:

serato.com

Add to the problems listed : gain management e grafic wave form.

for me is not ready to live.

I like to adjust the bpm from NS6 even if I can not understand why tracks are not perfectly in time and I always correct.

:)
haze324 10:46 PM - 25 February, 2013
I'm not too crazy about it with the NS6.

I think Itch with the NS6 works very well and the effects controls are obviously laid out better for Itch. I like the views a little better in SDJ. The two deck view in Itch makes the waves too small. I also had a few minor drop outs while playing at home. The only major plus to SDJ was how much better the effects sound. Delay sounds great!! But I'm not ready to use SDJ live just for a better effect. Oh, and I like how Itch turns songs a brighter color once played.

.......and after playing with Itch, SDJ, and SSL (and Traktor). For me nothing beats the enjoyment of using SSL. SDJ I believe still has some ways to go before it has the same type of user enjoyment.
151 Muzik 8:41 AM - 27 February, 2013
I agree with weeggyy. DEFINITELY NOT ready to be used live yet! Maybe by next update. Until then staying with Itch..........
dj lashes 10:51 AM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:
I agree with weeggyy. DEFINITELY NOT ready to be used live yet! Maybe by next update. Until then staying with Itch..........

Ive been using it my 1st gig was a little slow getting around the changes but now it really feels fine am on it live day and night shows but each to his own.
151 Muzik 11:58 AM - 27 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Ive been using it my 1st gig was a little slow getting around the changes but now it really feels fine am on it live day and night shows but each to his own.

@dj lashes Cool. Whats ur current firmware & driver numbers, and ur computer specs? After about 4 days of back and forth discussions with Serato and about 20 other dj's who were having some of the problems i was having with the update such as "pops & clicks" in the audio and slight freezing when triggering efx, maybe u can help some of us out. The Serato team was able to reproduce some of the problems and assured us it would be corrected it the next update. (Shout out to Dave W !!!) I'd LOVE go live this Fri & Sat night with SDJ......Lemme know whats good
haze324 7:03 PM - 27 February, 2013
^ I had some very minor pops and clicks playing songs that had not been analyzed. With songs analyzed and everything shut off on my mac I get no issues. I did this:

Run Onyx - fix all permissions
Restart computer, close out all programs and turn off wifi and bluetooth.
Open SDJ - make sure i don't have any songs that need to be analyzed.
Plug in NS6, turn on.
No sound issues.

one thing I did notice though....if I jiggle the USB cable when using SDJ it immediatly disconnects from SDJ. When I wiggle it with Itch no issues. When I shake it ALOT -- Itch keeps going with two decks, but the controller stops responding. Not sure if this is the cable or NS6 usb port, but I did notice there is more sensitivity with SDJ.
Manny C dot com 10:47 PM - 27 February, 2013
So glad that I sold my NS6 and upgraded to the DDJ-SX. Numark has left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and I'll never give them a second chance again.

While the NS6 looked great on paper, in the real world, it was always problematic for me in one way or another. I've been playing out with my DDJ-SX for a couple of months, and I've had ZERO problems.

Furthermore, I'm using a MacBook (not even a MacBook Pro) that's a couple of years old, and just barely meets the minimum requirements. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have no complaints.
dj lashes 2:28 AM - 28 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@dj lashes Cool. Whats ur current firmware & driver numbers, and ur computer specs? After about 4 days of back and forth discussions with Serato and about 20 other dj's who were having some of the problems i was having with the update such as "pops & clicks" in the audio and slight freezing when triggering efx, maybe u can help some of us out. The Serato team was able to reproduce some of the problems and assured us it would be corrected it the next update. (Shout out to Dave W !!!) I'd LOVE go live this Fri & Sat night with SDJ......Lemme know whats good

Numark NS6 MIDI Driver.plugin Version 2.1.18 which i installed from..
www.numark.com

0x00010108

Mac OS X 10.8.0 Mountain Lion
4GB RAM, 320GB

hope that help.. one thing i just seen is that my SDJ Latency is set to 10ms i had it on 1ms using Itch no sure how it got to 10ms i will put it back to 1ms and see whats up.
DJ SKaDRE 5:43 AM - 28 February, 2013
I love it. Big upgrade. Very lil problems so far. FX due need to be fixed. Like many have already said need to wait for the next update. Haven't had any poppin sound issues with my equipment. Take a listen for your self. Here's the link to my latest mix i made this past weekend. Audio sounds great. www.mixcrate.com.
DJ SKaDRE 5:48 AM - 28 February, 2013
I'm using Samsung 7 series windows 7 64bit, 8Gb, 1TB hard drive. Downloaded the latest drivers from the Numark Website version 2.1.8. Using 512 latency setting.
deejdave 3:46 AM - 1 March, 2013
Quote:
So glad that I sold my NS6 and upgraded to the DDJ-SX. Numark has left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and I'll never give them a second chance again.

While the NS6 looked great on paper, in the real world, it was always problematic for me in one way or another. I've been playing out with my DDJ-SX for a couple of months, and I've had ZERO problems.

Furthermore, I'm using a MacBook (not even a MacBook Pro) that's a couple of years old, and just barely meets the minimum requirements. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I have no complaints.

I am so confused................ This is exactly what I thought the general thoughts were on numark. About a month ago I was shown a different view and I actually thought it to be true. Now I am seeing I was correct in my first statement. I think I just encountered the vast minority who do think good of them. I figured the DDJ-SX would be the superior controller.................... and it is.
blackavenger 6:09 AM - 1 March, 2013
It's weird that all of you are having such a bad time w' the NS6 & SeratoDJ. I think it's what the NS6 should always have been. It works flawlessly for me.

~The pitch resolution is "perfect" now.....just as tight as a Pio CDJ!!
~All of the effects work great for me....Delays, Flang, Filters, for simplistic couldn't be happier.
~Start Up/Shut Down is seamless....hasn't locked up at all.
~No pops or clicks here!
~Platter position feels as tight as ever.

Regardless, I am selling this NS6. I just wanted to test out SeratoDJ after this long-ass wait. I think it has great potential. This is the closest to ScratchLIVE that I've experienced from the controller side of Serato, yet! I have primarily switched over to Traktor now, but SeratoDJ has intrigued me enough that I may end up getting a VCi-400 later down the road so as to take advantage of it's further advancements. Good job, Serato.....about time you get something right....it's been a long time coming.