Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

No jog display on load

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
djmak23 11:41 AM - 21 February, 2013
hello, when i upgrade to serato 1.1.2 froms 1.1.1 , i dont get anymore the flashing botton (load) on load a song and the jog display when load a song , only get that when i load a song for first time to the deck, and restore serato dj to 1.1.1 and everything go normal i get the flashingo botton on load and the display led turn around on the jog display ;) fix that on version 1.1.2 ;)
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:52 PM - 27 February, 2013
Hey Djmak23,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I am not sure I understand what you are referring to, are you able to explain further for me please?

I have testing SERATO DJ 1.1.1 and SERATO DJ 1.1.2 for the following

1. Loading a song to a deck, the DDJ-SX platter lights up.
This is the same in both 1.1.1 and 1.1.2
vboyd666 11:16 PM - 27 February, 2013
I have noticed this myself after upgrading both the firmware and the software to the latest version last week. After using it over the weekend I have noticed that when you load the song the platter is blank (not lit up). As soon as you press play, the platter lights up and continues as normal. Also if I cue after play, the platter display operates normal. Just seems to be at song load. I did not pay attention enough to see if it was for every song, or just one side or the other, or both. I don't think it was....... just completely random.
dk80 1:32 PM - 1 March, 2013
djmak23 the same happens to me with the jog display.. (Mac OsX 10.6.8 - Serato Dj1.1.2). When i use for first time Serato dj the jog display is lighting up (makes a cycle). Then if a load to the same deck the next track the jog display remains lighting up but without doing the cycle. If i click with my pc mouse the software icon witch clean up the song form the deck (the deck a for example is empty without any song be loading) and then load a track, only then the jog dislpay is making a ligthing up cycle.
In other words, to reproduce the lighting cycle (on the jog display), you must have the deck empty (empty= no track to be loaded in the deck).
dk80 1:48 AM - 6 March, 2013
I should add that i check it out with Pioneer's firmware 1.02 & firmware 1.05 and the issue (jog display animation on the load) remains..so that means it's 100% serato Dj 1.1.2 issue..it's a minor issue but if the serato team could fix it, in a future update, it would be nice..
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:57 PM - 6 March, 2013
Hey Guys,

Thanks heaps for that information.
I have done some further testing here and I can confirm you are correct.

SERATO DJ 1.1.1
1. When loading a track to an empty deck the DDJ-SX jog wheel displays a loading light.
2. When loading a track to deck that has a track already loaded the jog wheel still displays a loading light.

SERATO DJ 1.1.2.
1. When loading a track to an empty deck the DDJ-SX jog wheel displays a loading light.
2. When loading a track to deck that has a track already loaded the jog wheel DOES NOT displays a loading light.

This is a bug and I have logged it. We hope to have it resolved in a future update.
Thats all the information I have on this at the moment.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, its much appreciated :)
djmak23 12:40 PM - 3 May, 2013
serato dont fix this issue on 1.2 thats pretty bad do something please .....
djmak23 12:40 PM - 3 May, 2013
iam going back to 1.1.1
vboyd666 11:10 PM - 3 May, 2013
FYI. If you press play and then cue, the jog display lights up. The bug is just on first load.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:17 PM - 7 May, 2013
Hey DJmak23,

Quote:
This is a bug and I have logged it. We hope to have it resolved in a future update.
Thats all the information I have on this at the moment.

Its been logged as above.

Quote:
iam going back to 1.1.1

Is it really worth going back to 1.1.1 which doesn't have features like MULTI FX?

Thanks.
10:00 PM, 21 May 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.