Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

It Hurts My Ears

Rhodesy 6:18 PM - 5 February, 2013
After seeing this im starting to wonder what the controller market is going to do to the once known skill as we all know it dj'ing!!

I knows it good business selling controllers to the mass market im not stupid but the sync feature and a few others that make it all to easy need to be dropped out! It might save a very decent product and good software from looking so so so bad and build credibility

Watchwww.youtube.com
phatbob 7:50 PM - 5 February, 2013
What's that video got to do with sync?
djallstyle 2:27 AM - 6 February, 2013
Quote:

@Rhodesy is a 100% Jackass. No doubt the guy on this vid isn't good(@ all) This Simply shows you must practice regardless of what you use. I bet @Rhodesy won't put up a video of him doing any better than this guy. I will continue to antagonize @Rhodesy every time I see him post criticism about someone else's video posts. @Rhodesy, Lets Work!!! I really need to see you post your skills. Tricks R 4 Kids!!!
Ragman 4:09 AM - 6 February, 2013
Dam I almost peed my pants. LOL!
Ragman 4:11 AM - 6 February, 2013
Screw his DJ skillz. Dood got about $3000+ on a dam flimsy ironing board. LOL
dj lashes 4:47 AM - 6 February, 2013
well the clip is called "Scratch practice 1" he has to start some where, from the bottom and work hard to be a pro but it did make me lol alot loooooooooool
pdidy 6:19 AM - 6 February, 2013
That could be rhodesy in the video...... hmmm
Rhodesy 8:22 AM - 6 February, 2013
yeah it could be as ive always dj'ed on a ironing board

i get people have to start somewhere but same as i was told dont post practise stuff only upload things your 100% happy with
Rhodesy 8:23 AM - 6 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

@Rhodesy is a 100% Jackass. No doubt the guy on this vid isn't good(@ all) This Simply shows you must practice regardless of what you use. I bet @Rhodesy won't put up a video of him doing any better than this guy. I will continue to antagonize @Rhodesy every time I see him post criticism about someone else's video posts. @Rhodesy, Lets Work!!! I really need to see you post your skills. Tricks R 4 Kids!!!

your 100% gobby idiot but your post still dont make me feel the need to post a video
Rhodesy 8:26 AM - 6 February, 2013
Quote:
because i believe these tools that make it easy are the very same thing thats making everyone and there dog be a dj!!
phatbob 11:16 AM - 6 February, 2013
Back around 2001 I used to work for a DJ gear mail order company, and every Xmas we would sell HUNDREDS of Numark belt-drive deck & mixer packages for £200. A LOT less than a DDJ-SX.

I bet if YouTube was a thing then, you'd have seen plenty of shitty videos of beginners scratching badly on those.

I still don't see how sync has got anything to do with this video.
Rhodesy 11:32 AM - 6 February, 2013
Quote:
Back around 2001 I used to work for a DJ gear mail order company, and every Xmas we would sell HUNDREDS of Numark belt-drive deck & mixer packages for £200. A LOT less than a DDJ-SX.

I bet if YouTube was a thing then, you'd have seen plenty of shitty videos of beginners scratching badly on those.

I still don't see how sync has got anything to do with this video.

my point about the sync button is it takenaway the credibility of the machine (in all controllers)!! Never had the REAL DJ convo with people when your using a controller?? i have!! and it always come back to the same thing the sync button and beat grid visuals and even bpm counters have made things all too easy! you dont even need headphones these days!!

Do you not see my point??

i agree with the youtube thing your probably right there!!
phatbob 11:48 AM - 6 February, 2013
That train left the station a LONG time ago though. I've watched other DJs mix 'by the numbers' on CDJs for many years. Beatmixing as a skill has been nothing special since actual vinyl died in the clubs and was replaced by CDJs and DVS.

I still find it very easy to set myself apart from other DJs with my mixing and selection. Whether I'm using Techs like last night, or on my SX like I will tonight.

People thinking the world wants to see their shit practice session videos, is very, very, wrong though.
Kittmaster 8:28 PM - 6 February, 2013
Yeah, like every DJ company in the world will now change their philosophy of product design because of your narrow view......ever stop to think that your whining hurts our eyes?
djallstyle 9:16 PM - 6 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

your 100% gobby idiot but your post still dont make me feel the need to post a video

I hear U @Rhodesy.. Nevertheless, you still haven't made a point or have posted a vid from a previous post(scared???) Like I have mentioned before, I need to see you on video doing your thing on a controller, tables, cdjs or even a trumpet... You criticize others skills & what they have access to because of technology. You really shouldn't be on a forum or the internet, if you don't appreciate technology & where it has taken us. Please mail your lame & stupid replies w/ proper postage!!! Ol'/New Skool wanna be????? Classic!!!! U starting to become very troll ish!!!
MusicDan 9:30 PM - 6 February, 2013
Busting out the popcorn...
djallstyle 9:42 PM - 6 February, 2013
Quote:

i get people have to start somewhere but same as i was told dont post practise stuff only upload things your 100% happy with

Here we go!!!! How did I miss this one!!!!! You're not "100% happy" w/ yourself & what you do!!!!! Ok,Ok,Ok! That's why you criticize other Djs & won't post anything getting busy on the tables, controllers, cdjs or trumpet!!! My bad, I must quote myself "@Rhodesy is a 100% Jackass" LMAO!!!
acemc 12:08 AM - 7 February, 2013
Are y'all ready kids.....
Ar-ar-ar-ar.....Are y'all ready kids.....
Damn that vid was a good laugh!
Now I'm gonna see it in my head every time my daughter watches spongebob.
Hey I guess we all gotta start somewhere right?

Ai-Ai Captain!
djallstyle 2:15 AM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:

Ai-Ai Captain!

You would have to see previous posts from @Rhodesy, to see why I mess w/him. Its just something to do while we wait on a decent Serato Dj update. Just go threw a few of his previous posts & you may understand it.. lol
Rhodesy 9:21 AM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:
Yeah, like every DJ company in the world will now change their philosophy of product design because of your narrow view......ever stop to think that your whining hurts our eyes?

dont read it simple things for simple minds
Rhodesy 9:22 AM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hear U @Rhodesy.. Nevertheless, you still haven't made a point or have posted a vid from a previous post(scared???) Like I have mentioned before, I need to see you on video doing your thing on a controller, tables, cdjs or even a trumpet... You criticize others skills & what they have access to because of technology. You really shouldn't be on a forum or the internet, if you don't appreciate technology & where it has taken us. Please mail your lame & stupid replies w/ proper postage!!! Ol'/New Skool wanna be????? Classic!!!! U starting to become very troll ish!!!

trollish??

thats the biggest contradiction yet lol you follow my post you absolute stalker and geuess what your bullying nature still dont make me wanna post a video you bore me mate
Rhodesy 9:25 AM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Ai-Ai Captain!

You would have to see previous posts from @Rhodesy, to see why I mess w/him. Its just something to do while we wait on a decent Serato Dj update. Just go threw a few of his previous posts & you may understand it.. lol

Quote:
Quote:

Ai-Ai Captain!

and again was over a "practise mix" so you have this opinion that putting in the title its a practise mix excuses the bad mixing and scratching lol (as phatbob said it shouldnt be posted as its open to criticism whether you like it or not)
Rhodesy 9:25 AM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Here we go!!!! How did I miss this one!!!!! You're not "100% happy" w/ yourself & what you do!!!!! Ok,Ok,Ok! That's why you criticize other Djs & won't post anything getting busy on the tables, controllers, cdjs or trumpet!!! My bad, I must quote myself "@Rhodesy is a 100% Jackass" LMAO!!!

i stand by my words your a 100% first class bell end
Rhodesy 9:27 AM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

and your need to see me is a little over whelming but a little scary at the same time get yourself a new hobby mate
djallstyle 12:50 PM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

and your need to see me is a little over whelming but a little scary at the same time get yourself a new hobby mate

Nah... This is fun!!! Lol.... Typing ish about your jackass while I'm on my toilet is great!!(typing shit) Just effin witcha as always. One day YOU will stop the contradictions. I'm the only one that has fun reminding YOU of what YOU said YOU would do months ago,when YOU told Dominic Carter is he was wack, when he was just practicing as well.
C'mon son!! Post a video of YOU getting busy & I'll shut he Eff up or tell YOU you're wack!! Lmao! Until then, ehhhh I'm gonna eff witcha when I see ya on here!! Cheers mate!!
Rhodesy 2:29 PM - 7 February, 2013
thats what i do type while having a dump lol atleast we still have something in common!!

why put practise mixes up as phatbob said we dont wanna see that shit!!

the domanic carter thing i think i was just in shock after watching his scratching he was tight but the mixing was so lose it was a shock to the system

video errrrrrr

NA

i like you harassing me more atleast someone loves me lol
Kittmaster 4:01 PM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Wish I hadn't but once you read something, hard to forget.....you really going to sit there and whine about the sync option? Here's something you can do, why don't you start your own software company and include only the features you think should be there? Then, you won't have to whine about what others are doing. Who are you? Oh, that's right, nobody, just like all the rest of us.

Unless you can do something better and on your own, pick and choose what you want to use and mind your own business about what others are doing to service their customers.
Rhodesy 5:37 PM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wish I hadn't but once you read something, hard to forget.....you really going to sit there and whine about the sync option? Here's something you can do, why don't you start your own software company and include only the features you think should be there? Then, you won't have to whine about what others are doing. Who are you? Oh, that's right, nobody, just like all the rest of us.

Unless you can do something better and on your own, pick and choose what you want to use and mind your own business about what others are doing to service their customers.

are you missing the point of a open forum and opinions? Let me ask you this! do you play out in your local area? or world wide and that big where your dj money hasnt been effected by every tom dick and harry jumping on a controller and being able to mix in a matter of hours instead of taking time to learn the true skill!! Dont get me wrong i still play out alot in my area but i would be lying if i said my money hasnt dropped because of the amount of dj's these days!!

Im also a fan of technology and understand things have to move forward i own a ddj sx and love it!! But i cant help having that feeling every time i play on it im cheating in some way!! I think you will find most dj's are not a fan of the function either!! I dont use it at all now on the sx and its also the one thing that every creditable dj in MY area has said i love the unit BUT i wouldnt buy it down to the sync feature!!

My post wasnt to offend you or anyone else other than the guy mixing on a ironing board which to be fair unless its yourself could laugh at
gullum 6:21 PM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:

Im also a fan of technology and understand things have to move forward i own a ddj sx and love it!! But i cant help having that feeling every time i play on it im cheating in some way!! I think you will find most dj's are not a fan of the function either!! I dont use it at all now on the sx and its also the one thing that every creditable dj in MY area has said i love the unit BUT i wouldnt buy it down to the sync feature!!

Thats a weak reason not to buy the SX it's like not buing a car because it has a GPS and your used to traveling by reading maps. No one is forcing you to use the GPS you can still read your maps. No one firces you to use sync you still have the jog and pitch fader.

But insted of posting videos of how bad you think othere people are you could post a video of you or videos showing how a good DJ is using the DDJ SX.
Now you have made everyone who has watched the video because of your link wast our times.
gullum 6:23 PM - 7 February, 2013
and those "creditable dj's" will they stop being DJ when the CDJ 2000 Nexus becomes standard in clubs .... you know they also have a sync button
Rhodesy 7:15 PM - 7 February, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Thats a weak reason not to buy the SX it's like not buing a car because it has a GPS and your used to traveling by reading maps. No one is forcing you to use the GPS you can still read your maps. No one firces you to use sync you still have the jog and pitch fader.

But insted of posting videos of how bad you think othere people are you could post a video of you or videos showing how a good DJ is using the DDJ SX.
Now you have made everyone who has watched the video because of your link wast our times.

i didnt say it was a valid reason not to buy one i own one so that must say something

i myself dont feel the need to upload a video because there is 100's of video's out there with GOOD dj's on the unit displaying what it does properly!! Plus ive never been a camera man at the best of times!!!

Those "creditable dj's" will more than likely use the 1210's
Bozo 8:56 PM - 7 February, 2013
And music in all of this ?
elsupermang 12:16 AM - 9 February, 2013
Wow.. that was slightly entertaining for the first minute or so.. I thought he was gonna bust out some Dora, or maybe even Yo Gabba Gabba, but sadly, he used the same song, scratches and hotcues for the next 2 minutes. I dunno what this guy's deal is, repeating are you ready kids drops kinda makes you look pedo!

Are you ready kids???! OOOoooooooooOO!!!
Ar..ar..arr you ready kids. Oooooooooooooooooo!
Ooooooooo..ooooooo.oooo...oooooooooooooH!!

LMAO!!
elsupermang 12:17 AM - 9 February, 2013
We should have a Nickelodeon routine contest... it could be epic.. or a ginormous fail :-)
Manny C dot com 2:55 AM - 9 February, 2013
MusicDan 7:25 AM - 9 February, 2013
Quote:
Busting out the popcorn...

Quote:
i.imgur.com

Thanks Manny...