Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Prepare list

Couin 5:12 PM - 26 September, 2004
Is it possible, to save a Prepare list to reload it in a next set ?
Couin
nik39 5:40 PM - 26 September, 2004
Until then, mark all tracks in the prepare list, and drag them on the "+" symbol at the bottom, it will put all tracks into a new crate.
nik39 5:40 PM - 26 September, 2004
I would also like to see multiple prepare crates... if you use one SSL with several djs at the same time.
KFunk 7:39 PM - 26 September, 2004
Several DJ's using the same laptop? Really? I don't know about you but my laptop is kinda personal. If there is another DJ who plays SSL then they would have thier own laptop, setup with thier collection of music and thier settings.
nik39 7:51 PM - 26 September, 2004
Yes and no. I am spinning very often with a friend, and we both use this one laptop which I bought _only_ for SSL, so no personal things on this laptop. The second thing (this is the answer which might be relevant for you), I sometimes spin with other SSL DJs (ex FS users who the product and me convinces to switch :-P ), then I take my external drive, plug it to their machines, my crates appear, but we both have to share the same prepare crates, which sucks.
bartaug 8:30 PM - 26 September, 2004
Quote:
we both use this one laptop which I bought _only_ for SSL, so no personal things on this laptop.

I suppose you always have your mp3's on an external drive?
KFunk 8:47 PM - 26 September, 2004
OK, I see your point 8) -> .
nik39 11:01 AM - 27 September, 2004
Quote:
I suppose you always have your mp3's on an external drive?

Both, I have a copy of my mp3s on an external drive, b/c I dont like cables, and using an external drive on my "personal" laptop doesnt make too much sense for me.
Couin 7:37 PM - 28 September, 2004
Good point Nik, for dragging my prepare list on the "+" .
Thanks ;)
SpinThis! 8:11 PM - 29 September, 2004
as far as i know you can just drag them into the left are as well.
Couin 8:42 PM - 29 September, 2004
Yes but if there is more crates than can be displayed so have the cursor to move up or down in the crates list) the songs of prepare list will go in a crate instead of a new crate (by the "+").
Couin :))