DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

any DJs out there ever try to run for political office?

DJ Barticus 7:58 AM - 13 January, 2013
if so i'd like to hear about it.
DJ Benny B NYC 5:56 PM - 13 January, 2013
this is a new one
dj_ys 6:54 PM - 13 January, 2013
Well, Philly Mayor Michael Nutter (Mix Master Mike) was a DJ

jumpphilly.com
DJRemixEnt 6:55 PM - 13 January, 2013
Quote:

jumpphilly.com

thats a cool article
Dj Shamann 10:53 PM - 13 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

jumpphilly.com

thats a cool article

Quote:
"This was headphones, two turntables – the workhorse turntables still used today, the Techniq SL1200s. Real DJs still use those turntables today. They are absolutely the workhorse turntables of the industry."
Dj Shamann 10:53 PM - 13 January, 2013
And yes they spelled Technics wrong, but whatever.
DJ DisGrace 11:15 PM - 13 January, 2013
Quote:
"This was headphones, two turntables – the workhorse turntables still used today, the Techniq SL1200s. Real DJs still use those turntables today. They are absolutely the workhorse turntables of the industry."

LOL

doesn't this belong in some other thread around here?
sixxx 12:24 AM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

doesn't this belong in some other thread around here?

Yup. lol
Code:E 5:12 AM - 14 January, 2013
I did, I ran for city council, I didnt get in but it was a eye opening experience that helped me understand municipal politics to a far greater degree than i did before. I hope the insight will help me in my business dealings. I do plan on running again but I want to finish school 1st and have a steady job for a couple of years.
DJ Reflex 6:22 AM - 14 January, 2013
Pauly D for president... anyone???
DJ Barticus 9:51 AM - 14 January, 2013
both DJays and politicians need to self promote to survive
DJRemixEnt 1:48 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

jumpphilly.com

thats a cool article

Quote:

Like i said... hit me up when ur in the detroit area...
As a matter of fact... save up ur pesos and come down for the EDMF... sixxx ill be more than happy to continue this discussion in person.
DJRemixEnt 2:00 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Real DJs still use those turntables today.

ha... so i guess these guys arent real dj's

Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com

yall lil tech 1200 boys just mad cause theres other tables stealing your thunder

it's alright guys it's not the end of the world
DJRemixEnt 2:14 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:

besides... who would i take advice from??? some old washed up mayor or someone who has tested and reviewed several professional products and is up to date on the technology???

I would say that the STR8-150 turntable is the best on the market and needs to be looked at strongly what ever your mixing style. If you go for the Technics as it is the industry standard is another matter, but there is no doubt in my mind in saying Stanton offer the far superior turntable in both of basic features and the little extras found on a turntable like this.

Read more: www.djworx.com
dj_ys 3:39 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

besides... who would i take advice from??? some old washed up mayor or someone who has tested and reviewed several professional products and is up to date on the technology???

I would say that the STR8-150 turntable is the best on the market and needs to be looked at strongly what ever your mixing style. If you go for the Technics as it is the industry standard is another matter, but there is no doubt in my mind in saying Stanton offer the far superior turntable in both of basic features and the little extras found on a turntable like this.

Is it really that serious?
Dj Shamann 4:03 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:

Sounds like you need to take your own advice, you just went off on a rant after I quoted something random in the article, told Sixxx to come to Detroit and then went off about Stanton's, who said anything about any of that?

LOL
sixxx 4:09 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Sounds like you need to take your own advice, you just went off on a rant after I quoted something random in the article, told Sixxx to come to Detroit and then went off about Stanton's, who said anything about any of that?

LOL

He mad!!!!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:16 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

LOL

lmao....
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:18 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is it really that serious?

YES.....

serato.com

He's cross posting his frustration.....
sixxx 4:23 PM - 14 January, 2013
And I see he still can't see the difference between an opinion and a fact. lmao!!!!!!!
DJRemixEnt 4:29 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
told Sixxx to come to Detroit

actually sixxx made the suggestion that i say it to his face... and then tried to accuse me of ignoring that very suggestion....

so i am giving him the opportunity to let me say it to his face...so he can come here, ill glady take him up on his suggestion, then we can continue the discussion on which tts are better, over a couple beers , hell i can even show him around motor city (the birthplace of techno) shake hands... and he can be on his merry way.

lol...really, it's that simple
DJRemixEnt 4:33 PM - 14 January, 2013
but like i said ladies...

no hard feelings.... its been nice chattin with ya
sixxx 4:33 PM - 14 January, 2013
The Doc called. It's time to pick up your prescription.
Dj Shamann 4:55 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
told Sixxx to come to Detroit

actually sixxx made the suggestion that i say it to his face... and then tried to accuse me of ignoring that very suggestion....

so i am giving him the opportunity to let me say it to his face...so he can come here, ill glady take him up on his suggestion, then we can continue the discussion on which tts are better, over a couple beers , hell i can even show him around motor city (the birthplace of techno) shake hands... and he can be on his merry way.

lol...really, it's that simple

Doesn't sound "simple" at all, sounds like a whole lot of complication from something that sparked elsewhere.

What does that have to do with what I originally quoted though or even this thread anyway?

I don't know anything about any other thread, I don't give a shit if you use Stanton's, have at it, none of that was even on my mind when I quoted what dude said.

You start calling a guy from an article washed up (when it's not like he was a one time DJ legend and now can't get a job) calling us 1200 boys... does it bother you that much that now anything said on this forum about 1200s triggers some sort of defense mechanism where you post youtube links, articles and other random nonsense? Doesn't sound simple at all, that's a lot of shit to go through every time you see a Dj thumbs up a 1200.
sixxx 4:57 PM - 14 January, 2013
He mad. That's all.

Or psycho.

Or both.
Dj Shamann 4:59 PM - 14 January, 2013
LOL at....

Quote:
he can come here, ill glady take him up on his suggestion, then we can continue the discussion on which tts are better, over a couple beers , hell i can even show him around motor city (the birthplace of techno) shake hands... and he can be on his merry way.

over not liking someone's brand of turntable.
sixxx 5:02 PM - 14 January, 2013
I gave him my Paypal account. Let's see if be delivers. :-)
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:15 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
You start calling a guy from an article washed up (when it's not like he was a one time DJ legend and now can't get a job) calling us 1200 boys... does it bother you that much that now anything said on this forum about 1200s triggers some sort of defense mechanism where you post youtube links, articles and other random nonsense? Doesn't sound simple at all, that's a lot of shit to go through every time you see a Dj thumbs up a 1200.

I told him to click that "X" a long time ago.....
Dj Shamann 5:22 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:

besides... who would i take advice from??? some old washed up mayor or Wozza?

But who's Wozza?

Quote:
and is up to date on the technology???

LOL this article is 8 years old

Quote:

Well "Wozza" said so, and you can take THAT to the bank.
DJ Barticus 6:37 PM - 14 January, 2013
wow, can this forum do anything besides debate 1200s vs ____________??

i was trying to talk about people using their position as DJays and using it in the world of local politics and public service.
dj_ys 6:40 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:

i was trying to talk about people using their position as DJays and using it in the world of local politics and public service.

This is the forum haha. Not the most productive of hangouts.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:53 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:

Quote:

lmao...

Awww man, you can't make this stuff up....
sixxx 8:15 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

lmao...

Awww man, you can't make this stuff up....

lol
DJ Barticus 9:10 PM - 14 January, 2013
thanks to the one person who posted about the DJ mayor, and the one DJ who ran for city council.
dj poisonous handz 9:18 PM - 14 January, 2013
i never ran.but i heard safsdre just won a senate seat in NJ a few months back
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:25 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:

Sure, sit back and let me tell ya why macs are better than pcw
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:26 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:

Fun fact hes the only senator in us history to be excluded from term limit laws
Daktyl 9:32 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:

We love Senator safsdre here in Jersey!
PorkyG 9:37 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
safsdre

We do?
dj poisonous handz 9:59 PM - 14 January, 2013
LMAO FUN FACT
sixxx 10:11 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:

lmao
sixxx 10:12 PM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

We love Senator safsdre here in Jersey!

hahaha
reggae delgado 11:08 PM - 14 January, 2013
I've thought a few times about how similar the two jobs are:

Spend your time shaking hands and smiling at people who know you but you don't know them
networking trumps skills
survive without much sleep
public speaking & use of the mic
start off with lofty ideals (progressive politics or playing "real" music) and end up pandering to the lowest common denominator
having people happy/upset at you for no apparent reason
heavy drinking
reliance on security

The name recognition of DJing would be very helpful in a campaign, but people might have a knee jerk reaction against electing a DJ.
DJ Barticus 6:32 AM - 16 January, 2013
^^^

haha, way too much truth in that post
sacrilicious 8:29 PM - 16 January, 2013
Pretty sure the "Real DJs still use those turntables today" quote is to say that there are still working professionals that are using those tables, not that you're only a "real" DJ if you use 1200s, lol.

Way to get worked up over nothing.
DJRemixEnt 8:52 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Pretty sure the "Real DJs still use those turntables today" quote is to say that there are still working professionals that are using those tables, not that you're only a "real" DJ if you use 1200s, lol.

ummmm...no... that comment was directed towards me, from the other thread...

for some reason Shamann was just too pussy to put the comment out there for what it was worth...

now, for what reason he felt the need to make it subtle , i dont know...

just call it how you see it...no hard feelings
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:54 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:

for some reason Shamann was just too pussy

SOMEONE CALL OBAMA WE HAVE SHOTS FIRED!!!!
DJRemixEnt 8:59 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
for some reason Shamann was just too pussy

SOMEONE CALL OBAMA WE HAVE SHOTS FIRED!!!!

shots were fired when Shamann made his subtle comment.youtu.be

like i said... call a spade a spade... no hard feelings
DJRemixEnt 9:04 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:

once again... who is getting worked up??? cutting and pasting a few replies to a comment on a thread... is getting worked up...

i mean, if you guys are taking this forum shit that serious... then maybe i do need to stop...lol

i dont want you guys to get your panties in too much of a bunch...smdh
DJRemixEnt 9:07 PM - 16 January, 2013
this is simply just a battle of wits... and a humerous way to pass time... i said it before and ill say it again.... NO HARD FEELINGS...lol
DJ Nightmare Productions 9:15 PM - 16 January, 2013
damn yall still going... Thread Hijackers 2013 LOL
Dj Shamann 9:33 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
for some reason Shamann was just too pussy to put the comment out there for what it was worth...

Now it's just obvious that you're starved for attention. I don't even know who you are, if I wanted to take a cyber "shot" at you I would. At the point I made the comment I had no clue that you spent a whopping 6 days in another thread arguing about Stantons vs. 1200s and even if I did, I wouldn't care. A few weeks ago on these very boards I made mention that I actually thought about picking up a pair so go troll somewhere else.
DJRemixEnt 9:53 PM - 16 January, 2013
Quote:
At the point I made the comment I had no clue that you spent a whopping 6 days in another thread arguing about Stantons vs. 1200s

Dj Shamann 5:53 PM - 13 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

jumpphilly.com

thats a cool article

Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj Shamann 10:05 PM - 16 January, 2013
Yeah, random somebody says "cool article", so I decide to check it out, I quote something I like from it... imagine the concept. Unfortunately I didn't know that was grounds for war in some circles, silly me.

At least next time I see somebody say something positive about a link, I'll know it's a trap and stay clear.
O.B.1 10:17 PM - 16 January, 2013
Let's bring this to a vote...
DJRemixEnt 10:18 PM - 16 January, 2013
it's a public forum man, you have the right to post whatever you want, whenever you want. i cant tell u what to post or what not to post...

like i said, its a humorous battle of wits... nothing is being taken personal... hell i dont even know any of yall on here

so if the comment was directed towards me...who gives a shit...lol

i was just saying no need to be subtle if it was... ive got thick skin...& i dont bite
DJ Barticus 1:38 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Let's bring this to a vote...

i second this motion
Dj Shamann 1:42 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
it's a public forum man, you have the right to post whatever you want, whenever you want. i cant tell u what to post or what not to post...

Thanks for the introduction to the internet.

Quote:

You give a shit, otherwise you wouldn't have taken a blurb from an article so personally.

Quote:
i was just saying no need to be subtle if it was...

I don't even know you man, I think this is the first time we've even interacted on these boards. If it's not, clearly I've forgotten about it.

I leave emotional scars on people I know daily due to my lack of shame and inability to filter what I say, it's not my best trait but it is what it is, so I'm not concerned with mincing words in front of a screen name.

Quote:
ive got thick skin...

No, you don't. Your reaction in this thread and your face to face plans with a stranger over a brand of turntable make that pretty clear.

Backtrack and use late attempt excuse like "battle of wits" all you want, but your lack thereof clearly deludes the way you see yourself, and your grasp on the situation. Just like your use of an 8 year old blog review from a guy named "Wozza" as evidence in your 6 day tech argument, you've shown up without the proper tools.

Quote:
i dont bite

This is 2013, we're on a message board and I'm a grown man in my 30s, by now anything that would cause me to be overly sensitive in life already happened a long time ago.

Just admit (or if you're still having comprehension issues, come to the realization) that you misread the quote because you were still involved with the other, unrelated thread and we can move on. Because I'm done trying to explain what I meant by quoting an ex-DJ mayor in a DJs who are politicians thread. Understand? This is the last lengthy post from me in regards to your fragile ego when it comes to brand names.

Seriously, second day in and a 9 posts later and I'm already bored of what you're offering, I can't imagine going a week and several hundred posts like you did in that other one.
Dj Shamann 1:44 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
The name recognition of DJing would be very helpful in a campaign, but people might have a knee jerk reaction against electing a DJ.

The stigma that comes along with being a Dj (especially today's MTV/TMZ version of one) would definitely be an obstacle.
sixxx 2:35 AM - 17 January, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the introduction to the internet.

Quote:

You give a shit, otherwise you wouldn't have taken a blurb from an article so personally.

Quote:
i was just saying no need to be subtle if it was...

I don't even know you man, I think this is the first time we've even interacted on these boards. If it's not, clearly I've forgotten about it.

I leave emotional scars on people I know daily due to my lack of shame and inability to filter what I say, it's not my best trait but it is what it is, so I'm not concerned with mincing words in front of a screen name.

Quote:
ive got thick skin...

No, you don't. Your reaction in this thread and your face to face plans with a stranger over a brand of turntable make that pretty clear.

Backtrack and use late attempt excuse like "battle of wits" all you want, but your lack thereof clearly deludes the way you see yourself, and your grasp on the situation. Just like your use of an 8 year old blog review from a guy named "Wozza" as evidence in your 6 day tech argument, you've shown up without the proper tools.

Quote:
i dont bite

This is 2013, we're on a message board and I'm a grown man in my 30s, by now anything that would cause me to be overly sensitive in life already happened a long time ago.

Just admit (or if you're still having comprehension issues, come to the realization) that you misread the quote because you were still involved with the other, unrelated thread and we can move on. Because I'm done trying to explain what I meant by quoting an ex-DJ mayor in a DJs who are politicians thread. Understand? This is the last lengthy post from me in regards to your fragile ego when it comes to brand names.

Seriously, second day in and a 9 posts later and I'm already bored of what you're offering, I can't imagine going a week and several hundred posts like you did in that other one.

Zing!
DJ GaFFle 10:34 AM - 17 January, 2013
From that mayor article:
" Can music and music education help solve some of the ills of the school district?

It’s a part of the solution. Art and music are critically important to the overall education of young people in this city and any school system. Unfortunately, they end up getting hit early on whenever budgetary channels get cut.

Music, for many young people, that is their expression. That is how they try to get their message out. Every generation has their music."
With school budgets and music education within getting continuously cut, I shutter to think what music will sound like 10 years from now...
DJ Reflex 8:08 PM - 19 January, 2013
Quote:
From that mayor article:
" Can music and music education help solve some of the ills of the school district?

It’s a part of the solution. Art and music are critically important to the overall education of young people in this city and any school system. Unfortunately, they end up getting hit early on whenever budgetary channels get cut.

Music, for many young people, that is their expression. That is how they try to get their message out. Every generation has their music."
With school budgets and music education within getting continuously cut, I shutter to think what music will sound like 10 years from now...

10 years from now?!? Skrillex and Nicki Minaj already killed it before its time!