Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Problem with finding songs in Library when all are scanned

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Denon DJ MC2000
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
msahansra 12:28 AM - 7 January, 2013
I have a big issue which screwed me big time on a major event. I recently moved to Serato DJ. I still have Scratch Live for one of my club events. So when I update my music I usually do it in Serato Scratch where I mange my creates and all. In any event, in Scratch Live and Serato Intro I can find all songs with no issues. All ID Tags work. In Serato DJ, I get blank lines and the song does not show up. I even re-scanned all my id tags today. I don't believe the database is corrupt because I know what a corrupt database does using scratch live for 4 years now. There is a problem with Serato DJ and I am not sure if it's the setting or what is it. Please help as I have major events this month and don't want to recreate ant creates at all.
@DjShorty305 7:39 AM - 14 January, 2013
Do you use iTunes?
RMSOUNDS 7:22 PM - 13 September, 2013
I have a similar issues. In my 'All' crate in Serato DJ I am seeing blank lines in my library however if I drag those lines to the player and/or have them re-analyzed they appear. I am not using itunes and sourcing all of my music from an external drive.

Any reason why this is occuring? When I search for a song in the search bar within the 'All' crate I am seeing the blank lines in between other visible song tracks.

Please advise.

Thanks.
RMSOUNDS 7:23 PM - 13 September, 2013
Quote:
I have a similar issue. In my 'All' crate in Serato DJ I am seeing blank lines in my library however if I drag those lines to the player and/or have them re-analyzed they appear. I am not using itunes and sourcing all of my music from an external drive.

Any reason why this is occuring? When I search for a song in the search bar within the 'All' crate I am seeing the blank lines in between other visible song tracks.

Please advise.

Thanks.
RMSOUNDS 7:23 PM - 13 September, 2013
Quote:
I have a similar issues. In my 'All' crate in Serato DJ I am seeing blank lines in my library however if I drag those lines to the player and/or have them re-analyzed they appear. I am not using itunes and sourcing all of my music from an external drive.

Please advise.

Thanks.
djambesa 3:25 AM - 2 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I have a similar issue. In my 'All' crate in Serato DJ I am seeing blank lines in my library however if I drag those lines to the player and/or have them re-analyzed they appear. I am not using itunes and sourcing all of my music from an external drive.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Oh I agree,