Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

DDJ-SX "Error: Failed to Connect Audio"

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DJ Kamal 5:25 AM - 30 December, 2012
Hi.
My computer detailed specs are:
Dell Inspiron N7010
Processor: Intel Core i5 M480 @ 2.67 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
I have the most up to date BIOS and Audio Drivers (Realtek HD Audio Drivers).

When I connect my Pioneer DDJ-SX through USB to my Windows 7 laptop, then I get the "Error: Failed to Connect Audio" when I open Serato DJ Software, and it keeps going in and out of this error. I have already tried all 3 of the usb ports on my laptop, and with 2 different usb cables, have tried restarting my computer, have reinstalled DJ Serato software, have went to Device manager and uninstalled the USB driver and DDJ-SX Pioneer sound device and reinstalling the driver, and have went to control panel and made sure the Pioneer DDJ-SX was not a playback or recording device, and no luck.

When the Pioneer DDJ-SX is selected as a sound playback device, it does work fine (the sound from youtube comes through the master outputs on the mixer), however no communication with Serato DJ.

I've tried to install the new firmware for the Pioneer DDJ-SX but get the message: Pioneer DDJ-SX Not Connected, even though I connected the USB.
DJ Kamal 7:06 AM - 30 December, 2012
Just an update to this discussion. I updated the DDJ-SX firmware to 1.02 and it was successful. However, no luck on my error.

However, I uninstalled Serato 1.1.1 and installed Serato DJ 1.0, and it KIND OF works. half of the midi functions work on the controller now, for example "play, sync, the pads" but the fx, volume faders, eqs DO NOT work. The VU meters for all 4 channels stays solid up to red and do not change. I cannot DJ with only half of the buttons working. Is this a software bug? Is serato 1.1 too new? Why isn't Serato 1.0 fully supported on the DDJ-SX? I thought that's the software that came with it, it was tested right?
Thanks. Appreciate the help ASAP.
DJ Kamal 7:31 AM - 30 December, 2012
Hi. I'm posting the solution to my problem. I only had to install the DDJ-SX drivers from the Pioneer website, as suggested in a previous Serato thread: serato.com

Thanks guys...it's working!