Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

"Label" Tag Issue in Serato library (FLAC, ID3v2)

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
razcal_ger 4:00 PM - 9 December, 2012
I have an issue with the 'label' tag of FLAC files in Serato.

I intend to add label information to my FLAC files. I'm using MP3TAG to automatically write label information from discogs to my FLAC files, which works fine. The information is written to PUBLISHER in the ID3v2 meta information.

The problem is that in Serato the 'label' field remains empty. It should show the information stored in PUBLISHER. What is more, if I write information into the 'label' field in Serato directly, this information cannot be found in the metadata by MP3TAG (at all).

Perhaps this is a FLAC issue. When I use ID3Tagit (another software that works well with MP3s and not with FLAC) for my MP3s, it works fine ('Publisher' in ID3tagit directly translates to 'Label' in SSL).
Serato, Support
Mak T 10:20 PM - 12 December, 2012
Hey razcal_ger,

Thanks for your post. Are you able to send me one of these album art files you are trying to attach to your track? The files you are trying to add may be way large in terms of resolution and you may need to adjust them.

Cheers.
razcal_ger 2:17 PM - 15 December, 2012
This request is not about album art. I know that album art support for FLAC will be in one of the next releases.

My request is about the 'label' tag in Serato (labels, as in record companies). I want Serato to be able to read(!) the 'Publisher' information from the ID3v2 of my FLAC files and use it under its own 'label' column. This worked with MP3, but does not yet seem to work with FLAC.
Serato, Support
Mak T 1:58 AM - 17 December, 2012
Hey razcal_ger,

Thanks for your reply, sorry for my misunderstanding.

Quote:
This worked with MP3, but does not yet seem to work with FLAC

Are you using iTunes to manage your music? Are these FLAC files stemming from iTunes with your MP3's?

Cheers.
razcal_ger 3:46 PM - 20 December, 2012
I'm not using Itunes.

I use Mp3tag to automatically retrieve the release information (including information on the publisher/label) from Discogs. I want SSL to be able to read this particular field. It is already able to read the other fields (year, etc.). But with PUBLISHER/LABEL, there seems to be a problem (as described in post 1). Again, I guess the problem is with FLAC and ID3v2 support in SSL.
Thor_be 8:14 PM - 23 June, 2013
Thumbs up for the FLAC support but I have the same question as well...
Will there be an update regarding proper ID3v2 support or custom tags?

I organize my library by publisher & catalog and I use Mp3tag as well to automatically retrieve release info. It would make things easier.

Cheers
Shanghai Ultra 1:24 PM - 28 January, 2014
I have the same problem. My FLACs are tagged just fine using Media Monkey 4, despite every file I have having something written in the "publisher" field, the label field in Serato is blank.

Seems this is another problem Serato aren't in a hurry to fix. We are still waiting on album art support for FLACS.

Can it really be that hard guys? We have been waiting patiently for years now.
Name already taken 4:14 AM - 24 February, 2014
Half of the tags I alter in .Flac files do not save to the file in Serato DJ.......

If I re-import them and re-analyze I lose information...