Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato Video 1.1 experiencing low frame rates

Product
Serato Video
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Host
Scratch Live
Version
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Diego Alonso 2:42 AM - 9 December, 2012
I have no problem intalling the Serato Video 1.1., but I have low frames rates when I play videos.

I uploaded the my laptop features, you could see them in this link
serato.com.

Please let me know what I could do to fix this.

Waiting hear from you soon.

Regards.

Diego
Serato, Support
Mak T 2:24 AM - 12 December, 2012
Hey Diego Alonso,

Thanks for your post. Are you able to tell me what you have your Serato Video Settings set to? Or could you possibly take a screen shot of your settings panel? .. The Serato Video settings panel is located in the Setup Screen, from here click on the Plugins tab and select Serato Video in the left-hand panel. Please take a screen shot of the settings you see in this panel.

Cheers.
Dj ListenDat 4:56 PM - 12 December, 2012
Hi Diego,

Don't waste your time with the Serato settings as it won't change a lot in your fps unless you set your video quality to "low", what nobody wants.

Remove every codecs you have on your computer and get :

- code.google.com
- majorgeeks.com

With the second app you can force the filters you want to use depending of the file format. Just force "LAV" to be used with the main video formats (H264, avi, mpeg2). Do it for the 32 bits settings as Serato Video is a X86 app which uses 32 bits codecs

Then open the LAV Video settings and set hardware acceleration to DXVA2 native. This will permit the filter to use the power of your graphic card
Dj ListenDat 5:02 PM - 12 December, 2012
The admin of this forum will be able to answer questions regarding the soft in itself but nothing more. They don't know much about windows and what can really be the origin of troubles experienced with SSL or SV. I say that from experience with different questions i asked and never had answers. I'm also the one who explained them that they had to modify the force quicktime and ffdshow scripts that weren't good anymore since SV had replaced Video-SL. They didn't even say a little "thanks" and took 3 weeks to modify the scripts :s

ps: sorry if the english isn't perfect i'm a french speaker
Serato, Support
Mak T 10:02 PM - 12 December, 2012
Hey DJ ListenDat,

Thank you for your thoughts. Im going to continue to help Diego Alonso in this thread with the issues he is experiencing. If you would like tech support help, please start your own help request and a member of the Support Team will be with you shortly.

Cheers.
Dj ListenDat 10:22 AM - 13 December, 2012
Hi Mak T,

Please don't be hypocrite dude !

The "support team will be with you shortly" loool don't make me laugh.

Have a look here :

-serato.com

-serato.com

No one from Serato never came here cause they don't know anything and as I said, their knowledges are limitated to SV and nothing more

Diego,

I will do my best to help you. Try what i told you and comeback to me
Serato, Support
Mak T 2:42 AM - 17 December, 2012
Hey Dj ListenDat,

Thank you for post again. Lets not get distracted and go off course here, this is a help request area and the threads you have attached to your post are both General Discussion based posts. Again, if you have an issue that you need help with, please start your own help request and a member of the Support Team will assist you.

Cheers.
3:00 AM, 31 Dec 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.