Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Serato DJ Software: First Look!

10:13 PM, 18 Oct 2012
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Mighty Dragon Sounds 11:24 PM - 18 October, 2012
Kinda scratch live like..... lol
greenman 11:24 PM - 18 October, 2012
why dont you have just one software? You were known for simplicity.
DjJohnnyN 11:24 PM - 18 October, 2012
Will it work with a Pioneer DDJ-ERGO ? & When will this release ?
Mighty Dragon Sounds 11:25 PM - 18 October, 2012
Are those 8 cue points? Nice
Henry GQ 11:25 PM - 18 October, 2012
um
DJ Blvd 11:28 PM - 18 October, 2012
ScratchLive guys won't get what all the fuss is about, but Itch users will probably notice major changes right away.
Devilboy4u247 11:29 PM - 18 October, 2012
looks promising
could be good

Quote:

NO it will not.

in November and as of right now only works with Pioneer DDJ-SX

Itch and Pioneer DJ Intro are to be discontinued
Dj Cali Los 11:29 PM - 18 October, 2012
ohh snap 8 cue points very nyce!
spencer hart 11:29 PM - 18 October, 2012
Why do you keep adding different types of serato.
keep scratch live and make all the midi controllers work with it. simple than.
djemdub 11:30 PM - 18 October, 2012
that screen shot that was released a few weeks ago was pretty accurate lol
i wonder if its customizable. I like ITCH's look a bit better, but thats probably because that's what i am used to
sammy flash 11:30 PM - 18 October, 2012
will it have a sound limiter like stupid itch ? That is one annoying defect.
Cant wait to try this.
controversial 11:37 PM - 18 October, 2012
ok, it looks nicer!
DJMYSTICAL 11:38 PM - 18 October, 2012
Dont we have this already? its called Scratch Live..
djemdub 11:39 PM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:
Dont we have this already? its called Scratch Live..

not for controllers.
&scratch live doesnt have the iZotope effects
Laz219 11:39 PM - 18 October, 2012
How isn't this keeping it simple?
It's the new version of ITCH plain and simple and the upgrade path for DJ intro users.
FunkyRob 11:40 PM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:
looks promising
could be good

Quote:

NO it will not.

the website says "Intro" controllers will be able to upgrade with a paid update. Not rightaway, but eventually for those.
savey 11:45 PM - 18 October, 2012
This will be dope!!! more like sl3 and 4 the better!!! nice work guys!!
deejay malicious 11:47 PM - 18 October, 2012
I'll hold my breath.. I won't are it till spring 2013.. with my ns6.. which is hella retarded!.. pioneer ddj-sx is the only model with it.. for this whole year!
DJ P... Da don 11:47 PM - 18 October, 2012
Quote:

yeah, it looks waaaay too busy and waaaay too much like SSL
Matt Serious 11:50 PM - 18 October, 2012
Will this work with the Denon DN-MC-6000 ? Or any plans for it to?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:55 PM - 18 October, 2012
Unfortunately not Matt. There's no current plan to support the Denon MC6000 in Serato DJ sorry.
DJDEEInspecta 11:57 PM - 18 October, 2012
NICE JOB SERATO/PIONEER/NUMARK/DENON & ETC. ON THE NEW CONTROLLER. I'VE HAD THE VCI 300 & 400 & THE NS6... IM NOT HAPPY WITH THE TRADE IN PROGRAM I WAS INVOLVED WITH* INORDER TO GET TO THE NS6 BUT, I LOVE THE NS6. SERATO DJ IS LOOKING PRETTY KOOL GUYS! I CAN'T WAIT. @DJDEEinspecta THE VERSATILE (ISLAND/AMERICAN DJ) BASED IN SOUTH FLORIDA. #TEAMSOCA #TEAMNOSLEEP #KEYWEST #FANTASYFEST 2012 #LEHGO
MrRad08 11:58 PM - 18 October, 2012
Not sure why people are making a big fuss over the 8 cue points. It depends on the controller running the program. Itch has 8 cues when ran with the Twitch or Vestax 380 for example. I'm sure you'll be limited by how many hot cue buttons you have.
DJDEEInspecta 12:04 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
I'll hold my breath.. I won't are it till spring 2013.. with my ns6.. which is hella retarded!.. pioneer ddj-sx is the only model with it.. for this whole year!
(LOL)
DJ Bloxico 12:16 AM - 19 October, 2012
I came here because some post the new Serato Scratch Live on my facebook wall.
Matt Serious 12:18 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Unfortunately not Matt. There's no current plan to support the Denon MC6000 in Serato DJ sorry.

No problem, thanks for the quick reply :) Just was curious as I was looking for alternatives for Traktor with my controller.

Thanks!
RESIST 12:35 AM - 19 October, 2012
I wish you guys could get the SP-6 in Scratch live to sync up with what's going through the master output....Would open so many doors for extra loops, and dropping samples on time.....What is the deal? Who wants to drop a sample off time? Please update that Shiz :)
rockyfour4 12:41 AM - 19 October, 2012
Looks dope. Why are some people already talking smack about it. Relax and just go with it. If you can't deal... Just shut up.
thebulge 12:44 AM - 19 October, 2012
There's some very interesting stuff with loops happening in that screen shot.

I think that 380 and Twitch users will be very happy with Serato DJ.
thebulge 12:49 AM - 19 October, 2012
8 cue mode

or

4 cue with linked loops (like cue/loop on the vci-300 - which was my favourite of any loop/cue implementation).

I am very happy with this teaser!
Stephen_001 12:51 AM - 19 October, 2012
Hey I just want to know, I uses scratchlive and i have thousand of crates, if i use the new serato dj software would my crates still be there and would i be able to see it??
ASic 12:51 AM - 19 October, 2012
i'm excited about this collaboration on the hardware. any plans to work with pioneer in the near future and create a DJ mixer to be used with serato the way the DJM-900 nexus works with tracktor?
thebulge 12:59 AM - 19 October, 2012
If you look at the last release of Itch controllers (380 etc) you'd have noticed there was no Itch branding actually printed on the controller.

It's almost like the ITCH mapping for these controllers was just a stopgap until they could get DJ out.

From what I can see... CUE bank mode on the 380/twitch/new pio will be available in 8 cue, or 4cue/loop mode. And on the 380, this means the rather awkward autoloop saving workflow will be relegated to a thing of the past.
Robert W 1:44 AM - 19 October, 2012
I havent really found any in depth details about this, but will i be able to just plug in my SL1 box and use it? And is the software free for download like Scratch Live?
Keikarru 2:05 AM - 19 October, 2012
Looks powerful, but will it have a standard setting for all serato itch controllers?

#Novation Twitch
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:06 AM - 19 October, 2012
No sorry Robert, this is only for supported controllers. Initially the new Pioneer DDJ-SX and then Serato DJ Intro and ITCH controllers.

Your SL 1 is only supported in Scratch Live.
DJ GMac 2:37 AM - 19 October, 2012
This ladies and gentleman is the beginning of the end for Serato. first it was itch than intro than serato dj... I honestly feel bad for Serato's loyal SSL customers who were promised so much but got slapped in the face by 3 new programs. each with unfinished coding issues left right and centre with support (at this point im asuming serato dj will have these issues as well) YET although its not recommended you can still use TRAKTOR... industry standard softwarre just like Serato! but on computers with an intel pentium 4 processor. just leaving my two cents: you can only water down something so long before your customer base gets sick of it and moves onto something else (in this case Traktor) sure yes I still have my DDJ-S1 and i will try it with this new program.... and hell yes I'll eat my own words with pride if i'm wrong... but it just seems like serato is starting to go down the drain
Trinicapone 2:57 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
No sorry Robert, this is only for supported controllers. Initially the new Pioneer DDJ-SX and then Serato DJ Intro and ITCH controllers.

Your SL 1 is only supported in Scratch Live.

So what ur tell me is you took the Serato/Bridge concept moved it to an all in one controller and left us with a bunch of APC 40's Full versions of Ableton(which I love) and a hopes of having Traktor like environment. I'm dun! This just fully let me know that the rumor of Native Instruments bought out Ableton where they took everything from the Bridge made it their own and now we Serato users are shit out of luck!
diezdiaz 3:13 AM - 19 October, 2012
haters going to hate...
Trinicapone 3:23 AM - 19 October, 2012
Broke people is gonna be broke.....
Asu 3:40 AM - 19 October, 2012
This is the way forward...serato DJ for controllers and Serato DJ Live (scratch Live) for turntablism...i know some don't see the vision here but i do...

i already pre-ordered mine and this plus DDJ-SX,2 k12,kw 18" sub and i'm live in a flash...

the scratch live guys can also just use one laptop via serato dj...just plug in your external...turn of sync and do your thing...love the idea behind this...

i'm a traktor guy and i'm switching already cause of the simplicity and ability to also do video.with pioneer and serato behind this...this is a winner
DJSteel07 3:42 AM - 19 October, 2012
Finally, Everything I've been complaining about itch & itnro are being fixed. All I wanted was to have my scratch live work on the controllers. It's looking like my prayers have been answered. Good job serato, this is why I spend my money with you!!!
mikeyfresh39 3:42 AM - 19 October, 2012
are there any future plans to incorporate the bridge into this new serato dj program?

it was promised for itch and never delivered so if this is replacing itch i thought maybe it would happen.

if it offered the bridge i would by it on the spot.....but not before

thanks
mike
DJ KUN 1 4:18 AM - 19 October, 2012
hey guys would it work with my vestax vci-300 serato itch and would i have to pay?
controversial 4:38 AM - 19 October, 2012
yeah vci300 will be supported with a free upgrade.
DeeJayHavoc1 5:18 AM - 19 October, 2012
Wil it work with Zone : DX
Manny C dot com 5:26 AM - 19 October, 2012
Thank Xenu, we FINALLY have on-screen gain controls for each track!!!
pueblofunky 5:43 AM - 19 October, 2012
Stand-Alone-Player:

Why is the full waveform on the left and the partial waveform on the right. Completely unlogical. Please re-design!

The full block of cue points, etc. Is it possible to disable this to have more space for the tracklisting? If not :-(

The track title bigger than the artist and in white? :-( .. the old version in yellow was so fine. I only had wished I could change the lines (artist then title). This was my feature request.

For djing - I only use the smallest view (the most left button on the top left). I hope it is still there.

Is there a download for the beta anywhere?
pueblofunky 6:04 AM - 19 October, 2012
... just see Serato DJ is another software and not the same as Serato Scratch Live. At first I've thought they have renamed the product.

Thanks that there is no change in Serato Scratch Live. I love it as it is - except more columns to show, edit and rules in smart crates. And the browse menu with personal filters (I don't need album or bpm).
nik39 6:19 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:

No.
Robert W 6:52 AM - 19 October, 2012
Ahhh, i see. I guess I was figuring that Serato was just going to incorporate ScratchLive, Itch, and DJ intro into one software. Hmmm, not sure why it has a sync button though. Seems unnecessary since there's already BPM readouts and beat lines.
dj vasko 6:56 AM - 19 October, 2012
Hello, I work with a pioneer ddjs-1 that will work perfectly and cost me something apgreyta software
J.J. 6:59 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

No.

LOL. Surely they have an upgrade $100 plan for discontinued ITCH products. Right! Right???
DeejayX-Tripi 9:14 AM - 19 October, 2012
Serato Nr#1
Andrei Matei 9:19 AM - 19 October, 2012
Serato Team:
Thank you for posting these! A few questions:

1.) Is there an option to enable BPMs with 2 decimal places as before in itch?

2.) Will there be an option to have longer horizontal waveforms as with itch?

Thanks in advance for any additional info on this.
Andrei Matei 9:21 AM - 19 October, 2012
Oops, I see the answer to #2 now is "yes". Please let us know on number 1 still, however.

Thanks!

-A
Basster 10:08 AM - 19 October, 2012
SP-6:
Will you be able to launch a sample in a different bank than the currently activated and the samples in the former bank still playing?
I moved from Itch to Traktor because of the Remix Decks and the F1 cause of the lack of Bridge support on Itch. But, for me, Traktor feels not that comfortable as Itch and I would love to come back to Itch if it offers that feature and I can map my F1 to it.
Because Library Management is a waaaaaay better on Serato Products IMHO.
Looking forward playing with it and my Twitch (maybe even before spring '13?)
djwaix 10:58 AM - 19 October, 2012
does it support another sound card?
Headstation 11:00 AM - 19 October, 2012
Wicked
Can't wait to find the Bug's....anyway Itch221for380is to stable.

@Serato programmers : PM me for Betatesting....

H_S
Solid Shift 11:49 AM - 19 October, 2012
No support for xoneDX even though the DX was the flagship model for Itch??? I hope that's a bad joke. I want a refund ! :P there's no way I'm sacrificing A&E's superior quality for a cheap Novation or Vestax controller. Those things are chinese plastic toys for teens! Going to get a xone4D.
Seratofail.
Dj jochi 1:18 PM - 19 October, 2012
Nice Work!!!!
Psynapses 4:09 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
No support for xoneDX even though the DX was the flagship model for Itch??? I hope that's a bad joke. I want a refund ! :P there's no way I'm sacrificing A&E's superior quality for a cheap Novation or Vestax controller. Those things are chinese plastic toys for teens! Going to get a xone4D.
Seratofail.

Agreed, not interested in Novation or Vestax.

serato.com
serato.com
serato.com
serato.com

Everyone raving about the new Serato DJ needs to be aware of what happened to Xone DX and Itch users. Remember that Serato DJ will require a 20" x 20" dongle (or whatever the size of your mixer is) made by a 3rd party and they can sever ties and drop support at any moment.
GinSoul 4:10 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:

+1
Psynapses 4:11 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No.

LOL. Surely they have an upgrade $100 plan for discontinued ITCH products. Right! Right???

Nope. At this point, they are not entertaining it and are blaming A&H.

Enough with the finger pointing Serato! Xone works with Traktor even though the Traktor name isn't stamped on it.
GinSoul 4:15 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

+1

... but wait, how I couldn't see this. It's because there are so many that would immediately stop dj'ng, if serato would introduce a version with a controller sync button. therefore they need to release one for controllers and one for turntables... ;) /&%$§"!"§$%$
Dj dutty 4:31 PM - 19 October, 2012
The real question is ? are we going to have to pay for updates now and when i say updates i mean every time a update is out we have to pay for it?. because if you're freeing up midi controls that mean they have to make money somewhere else so it's going to be coming from updates
BMFJ 7:34 PM - 19 October, 2012
Are there going to be 8 que points for regular serato users?
djamdy 7:40 PM - 19 October, 2012
Sweeet this look really good, i cannot wait ,
question i have will i be able to run four track on my ns7 ??
dj_chino 8:56 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
looks promising
could be good

Quote:

NO it will not.

Yes it will work with DDJ-ERGO but will Have to wait until December, Plus you will have to pay the $199 for it to make it work with the ERGO. thats my understanding.
BennyDigital 9:26 PM - 19 October, 2012
So will SL1 be benefitting at all? Sorry for being a spaz!
Headstation 9:30 PM - 19 October, 2012
I'm a bit confused too. Will ther be a RLS of SeratoDJ for Vestax VCI-380 in November 2012 or do i have to wait until Spring 2013 as a click deeper as Serato HO shows?
serato.com
DJYS 10:52 PM - 19 October, 2012
Will it work for numark mixdeck express??
Kepik 11:10 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm a bit confused too. Will ther be a RLS of SeratoDJ for Vestax VCI-380 in November 2012 or do i have to wait until Spring 2013 as a click deeper as Serato HO shows?
serato.com

you gotta wait until spring. they are allow DJ Intro users the chance to "pay" for the upgrade first.
DJSI 10:14 AM - 20 October, 2012
Hi will the upgrade work on the ns6?
DJdaveZ 12:46 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
Seratofail.

Flagship? suuuuure........

It's surely A&H's decision to stop production and probably stop "working with serato (paying them)". Go bitch to a&h.

My vestax vci-300 (original model) has been making me money for YEARS now... It's definitely not a toy. At least I don't use it as a toy. I see kids who plug in a controller at home and are not professional working DJs using 'toys'. If its not a tool to make you money, then maybe its a toy. anyway, its not a toy for me. its ridiculous for you to say that because it is made of metal, metal platters, solid buttons (not shitty gel feeling), the faders arent that solid, but who cares. dont smash the thing with a hammer or throw it on the ground and its cool. anyway, haters gonna hate as they say.

i have always believed in the idea that what works for someone is the best for them.

xone would never ever work for me. it has no scratch mode. even though i dont really scratch, that is how i like to manipulate the platters. its the feel for me.
DJdaveZ 12:48 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
Hi will the upgrade work on the ns6?

spring 2013
Robby Manis 1:14 PM - 20 October, 2012
Hey is there a record button in this software? I know intro did not have one that's why I am asking.
DJSI 2:51 PM - 20 October, 2012
Doesnt look so different. I hope you have the option to change wave form to horizontal rather than just vertical. I like the 3 or 4 views you get with itch. I also hope that my sl1 will work with it like traktor does. I also hope they give you the option to prepare files while in the mix and not just offline like itch does currently. I also hope they introduce a good ajustable break function like the sl1 as the breaker effect is pretty pants in itch. Im glad that it had the option for another midi device i hoping that you can add more toys like the pioneer efx unit.
VJ Justin Allen 3:31 PM - 20 October, 2012
A) Yes you can change the position of waveforms, just look at the different pictures and the horz / vertical button on the top right hand side of the software.

B) No the SL boxes or the Rane misers will not work with Serato DJ

C) Not sure about preparing files

D) Pretty sure they have done that.

E) There is no send/return option so the Pioneer EFX device will not work.
Trinicapone 3:32 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
Doesnt look so different. I hope you have the option to change wave form to horizontal rather than just vertical. I like the 3 or 4 views you get with itch. I also hope that my sl1 will work with it like traktor does. I also hope they give you the option to prepare files while in the mix and not just offline like itch does currently. I also hope they introduce a good ajustable break function like the sl1 as the breaker effect is pretty pants in itch. Im glad that it had the option for another midi device i hoping that you can add more toys like the pioneer efx unit.

That sounds hot but the biggest thing I hope I can use my Rane 62
Trinicapone 3:33 PM - 20 October, 2012
Quote:
A) Yes you can change the position of waveforms, just look at the different pictures and the horz / vertical button on the top right hand side of the software.

B) No the SL boxes or the Rane misers will not work with Serato DJ

C) Not sure about preparing files

D) Pretty sure they have done that.

E) There is no send/return option so the Pioneer EFX device will not work.

And there you have it!
No Rane 62
acemc 7:08 PM - 20 October, 2012
This is looking good. I'm excited, but damn man!! Spring 2013 is still soooo far away.
Djeddie_77@hotmail.com 7:23 PM - 20 October, 2012
Looking great, when would it be available?
acemc 8:55 PM - 20 October, 2012
Depending on what itch controller you have, the date varies. For me (NS6 user) it's spring 2013. For anyone planning on purchasing the new Pioneer DDJ-SX it's 1 November 2012.
I was just looking at the screenshots of the different layouts, the 2-Deck extended horizontal layout is exactly what I've been waiting for. It seems like we can show/hide the effects & sampler sections as we want too - cool! Better effects, midi mapping, basically almost everything we've all been begging for. Hopefully the bpm & auto grid has been improved.
Djeddie_77@hotmail.com 5:31 AM - 21 October, 2012
Thank you
Dj Lil' jo 11:02 AM - 21 October, 2012
I've used LIVE since it was first released and that's what I'm used to...
I recently bought NS6 and have started to use ITCH - To be honest - I'm pleased it's going to look more like LIVE - I much prefer the way LIVE works to ITCH!
Glowster 2:42 PM - 21 October, 2012
Will the new ddj sx be able to play on the itch as well as the new ? or is it only for the new serato?
Luisito LatinDj 4:19 PM - 21 October, 2012
Perfetto
Tiger Ble 8:39 PM - 21 October, 2012
I have a Numark Mixdeck. Installed Dj Intro, no instructions about what the buttons do on my controller in Intro. Couldn't get it to loop. The record case is worse than pcdj's. Serato is such a big name for timecode users so was expecting the software to be great on a controller, just how wrong could I be.
Might try a demo of this when support for my controller finally gets added, but on the basis of how poor Intro is I wouldn't lose any sleep if support for the Mixdeck never gets added.
Cruzilla71 9:21 PM - 21 October, 2012
So will the Vestax VCI-300MK2 work with this new Serato Dj......???

Dj Cru~zilla
mrdaylan 11:38 PM - 21 October, 2012
Numark customers should be pissed about having to wait until Spring... Why is Pioneer allowed to showcase new product when others had itch before Pioneer........ Numark you must come hard to have the best controller the DDJ SX looks to be a BEAST... And I am proud owner of a NS6
acemc 6:45 AM - 22 October, 2012
I think it's only logical that the new software is launched along with a new shiny piece of gear. Although waiting till spring next year sucks, at least we will still be getting it for free.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 8:58 AM - 22 October, 2012
Can you collapse the two extra decks if your not using them?
VJ Justin Allen 10:29 AM - 22 October, 2012
yes you can.
Asu 2:11 PM - 22 October, 2012
This is an answer to all scratch live guys...

From my extensive read about the DDJ-SX,it has a 4 channel stand alone mixer which means yes u can use it.(Mixer portion only)

Note: You have to plug in rane hardware to unlock Scratch Live (e.g SL-1) + 2 turn tables or cdjs and you're good to go...so this can be used in a club setting this way to cover all serato users (i.e searto DJ & Scratch Live users)

Scratchlive won't be able to use the DDJ-SX platters...that's exclusive Serato DJ territory
ASTHEDj 4:49 PM - 22 October, 2012
I'm not sure what Serato Dj is? Will there be NO serato itch or Serato intro Dj just Serato Dj all together now?
nik39 5:50 PM - 22 October, 2012
Quote:

Not exactly. Judging from the screenshots you either have a 2 deck or a 4 deck layout. So if you just use deck 1+2 you can switch to 2-deck layout. But if you are thinking of using deck3+4 during a a gig and want to temporarily hide deck 1+2 - most likely this will not be possible.
Tiger Ble 9:21 PM - 22 October, 2012
Quote:
I think it's only logical that the new software is launched along with a new shiny piece of gear. Although waiting till spring next year sucks, at least we will still be getting it for free.

When Traktor and Virtual Dj release new versions of their software, the controllers that were in the software already are in the new version along with any new controllers that may have been released. It's just Serato that offer such piss poor service to any of its customers that may be using there software. It's obvious Serato is all about new customers and stuff everyone else.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:03 PM - 22 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Not exactly. Judging from the screenshots you either have a 2 deck or a 4 deck layout. So if you just use deck 1+2 you can switch to 2-deck layout. But if you are thinking of using deck3+4 during a a gig and want to temporarily hide deck 1+2 - most likely this will not be possible.

The 2 deck view when used with a 4 deck controller will display the two active deck layers. So if you are using decks 3 / 4, these will show.
Asu 11:36 PM - 22 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm not sure what Serato Dj is? Will there be NO serato itch or Serato intro Dj just Serato Dj all together now?

From what i've read itch is dead...last version is 2.2.2 but will get support till further notice

In the near future i.e by 2014,you'll either have Scratch Live or Serato DJ for those who love the simplicity of a controller

I personally think Serato is goin the NI Traktor way...two DJ products to end all the confusion of Live,Scratch,itch,intro,outro bla bla bla lol

personally i like the move, a scratch live friend can just come with an external and plug into your lappy,his/her crates will show up in familiar looking territory (Serato DJ GUI) and he can mix on a DDJ-SX easily since sync can be disabled in Serato DJ software
J.J. 11:58 PM - 22 October, 2012
Quote:
view when used with a 4 deck controller will display the two active deck layers. So if you are using decks 3 / 4, these will show.

Nice.

Any reason why their is no stacked 3 or 4 deck view?
Marcin Żmudzki 2:13 AM - 23 October, 2012
So SL4,3,2,1 boxes will be not run on this? So why you dont do one Serato for midi, turnatabless, cdj like trakror?
Trinicapone 2:45 AM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:
So SL4,3,2,1 boxes will be not run on this? So why you dont do one Serato for midi, turnatabless, cdj like trakror?

+1
Asu 2:08 PM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

+1

THIS HAS BEEN ADDRESSED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN...SCRATCH LIVE IS RANE TERRITORY

Also if you read the previous posts,you know you can attach turn tables/cdjs and SL1,2,3,4 and use the stand alone mixer

Serato DJ will be for those of us who love the simplicity of an all in one controller...so forget about one product even traktor has 2...Traktor pro & Traktor scratch...so this is what serato is doing....Providing pro software (serato DJ) for controllers and Scratch Live for those who prefer vynl emulation.
controversial 2:23 PM - 23 October, 2012
I have a question directed at the SERATO staff once serato DJ is launched for the supported itch controllers (come spring 2013) will we keep getting updates of serato dj free or once you guys move form version 1.0 will we have to pay for updates?
DJ Festus 3:10 PM - 23 October, 2012
Paying for updates is not Serato's culture. They wanna remain popular, so don't expect any charges for updates in the near future. They are making more than enough money on the controllers. If they ever ask the Serato DJ community to pay for updates, then its nothing but double dipping.
Psynapses 3:15 PM - 23 October, 2012
I'd much rather pay for a major update/upgrade than have support dropped for controllers such as the Xone DX. Wouldn't you?

Their money is made on the software they make, they are riding the marketing train with these other companies.
nik39 3:52 PM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:
I'd much rather pay for a major update/upgrade than have support dropped for controllers such as the Xone DX.

+1
J.J. 4:28 PM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
I'd much rather pay for a major update/upgrade than have support dropped for controllers such as the Xone DX.

+1

+1
JOHN JOHN 12:45 AM - 24 October, 2012
I WANT PLAY WITH 3 and 1 player but the 3 player is left deck and 1 player is the right deck i can?
djkb32 1:19 AM - 24 October, 2012
No offense... but can Serato release Serato DJ with out all the bugs that itch has had??????
Trinicapone 1:57 PM - 24 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

THIS HAS BEEN ADDRESSED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN...SCRATCH LIVE IS RANE TERRITORY

Also if you read the previous posts,you know you can attach turn tables/cdjs and SL1,2,3,4 and use the stand alone mixer

Serato DJ will be for those of us who love the simplicity of an all in one controller...so forget about one product even traktor has 2...Traktor pro & Traktor scratch...so this is what serato is doing....Providing pro software (serato DJ) for controllers and Scratch Live for those who prefer vynl emulation.

Hey I feel you on that BUT what you feel to realize Traktor is all plug n play therefore you can use everything NI put out and use it in your set. This have nothing to do with Traktor all we need is our own plug n play enviornment where nothing is wasted.
dj doesha 4:54 AM - 25 October, 2012
What !!! more Cue's ... thats what im talking about//////
Asu 2:22 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Hey I feel you on that BUT what you fail to realize Traktor is all plug n play therefore you can use everything NI put out and use it in your set. This have nothing to do with Traktor all we need is our own plug n play enviornment where nothing is wasted.

Hey Trinica i see what u mean and trust me i love that about traktor which i also have....

The way i see it,we're gonna have that same plug and play with serato DJ controllers and other midi devices that will be supported eventually in the software without us making our own midi maps...

you already have plug & play in Scratch Live,cdjs +Rane mixers...Scratch Live can't be as traktor cause of the partnership with RANE...

imagine if serato DJ was like traktor supporting whatever they wanted...that would open it up to a whole world of serato certified mixers/hardware and we'd have more choices from pioneer,denon,Rane etc etc but also lower prices with the same quality & Build due to higher demand & supply.

The DDJ-SX is proof to my theory,quality equipment can be had for less i.e $1,199 ($999 street) and u get to dj the same way you know how...

So i think the native support you're asking about for additional hardware will be very possible in the near future in serato DJ for now u have to map it your self in both programs (Live & DJ)
Trinicapone 2:34 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

Hey I feel you on that BUT what you fail to realize Traktor is all plug n play therefore you can use everything NI put out and use it in your set. This have nothing to do with Traktor all we need is our own plug n play enviornment where nothing is wasted.

Hey Trinica i see what u mean and trust me i love that about traktor which i also have....

The way i see it,we're gonna have that same plug and play with serato DJ controllers and other midi devices that will be supported eventually in the software without us making our own midi maps...

you already have plug & play in Scratch Live,cdjs +Rane mixers...Scratch Live can't be as traktor cause of the partnership with RANE...

imagine if serato DJ was like traktor supporting whatever they wanted...that would open it up to a whole world of serato certified mixers/hardware and we'd have more choices from pioneer,denon,Rane etc etc but also lower prices with the same quality & Build due to higher demand & supply.

The DDJ-SX is proof to my theory,quality equipment can be had for less i.e $1,199 ($999 street) and u get to dj the same way you know how...

So i think the native support you're asking about for additional hardware will be very possible in the near future in serato DJ for now u have to map it your self in both programs (Live & DJ)

I almost sold my Rane 62 to get a S4 X1 F1 and a Machine 2. Now that's just my mixer imagine I sell my CDJs with that I will have money to pay my mtg for the month but I'm loyal so I will keep it and make the bridge work
djvitor 10:43 PM - 25 October, 2012
Q- how fast of a PC - one must have to run serato DJ/video (ram - processor, etc.)

thanks
evillevi 7:15 PM - 27 October, 2012
Ordered this today :-) Comes with Serato DJ, and video plugin for the first 10,000 buyers. Finally good jogwheels on a midi controller with standalone mixer functionality!
dj_dani 10:25 PM - 27 October, 2012
UNA PREGUNTA,ESTE NUEVO SERATO DJ, SERA COMPATIBLE CON LA NUMARK N4? ESPERO Y ME RESPONDAN PORFAVOR,GRACIAS!
bobb394 11:57 AM - 28 October, 2012
Ive got a half decent laptop with 4gb memory but its running vista as i find it a bit faster than windows 7. Will serato dj run on vista?
2469653 7:06 PM - 28 October, 2012
Reasonable Prize for intro controller looks nice
Asu 5:40 AM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
Ive got a half decent laptop with 4gb memory but its running vista as i find it a bit faster than windows 7. Will serato dj run on vista?

windows 7 is actually better than vista...that's why Microsoft had to fix it fast (Vista)...u can speed up any pc...just run msconfig and stop some start up background programs that slow you down.

I've been testing windows 8 Pro for Microsoft for months now and boy it's really fast....runs like xp and very very stable....they've really done a great job plus a download version from Microsoft is $39.99....scratch live runs well to and traktor
DJ F.R.A.N.K. 4:35 PM - 29 October, 2012
Witch serato software is goin to support the new Pioneer cdj-2000nexus ??? I own an SL-2.
Serato scratch only works with timecode on the brand new Pioneer cdj-2000nexus en not in hid mode. Is the new Serato DJ software supporting the new Pioneer cdj-2000nexus in hid advanced midi mode in the near future ?
J.J. 5:27 PM - 29 October, 2012
Quote:
Witch serato software is goin to support the new Pioneer cdj-2000nexus ??? I own an SL-2.
Serato scratch only works with timecode on the brand new Pioneer cdj-2000nexus en not in hid mode. Is the new Serato DJ software supporting the new Pioneer cdj-2000nexus in hid advanced midi mode in the near future ?

Only products that are announced with Serato DJ (including most Itch controllers) or Serato DJ Intro ($199 upgrade to Serato DJ) will work with Serato DJ. Scratch Live will always require a certified RANE sound card or mixer.

As of now, only controllers that have been announced with support like the CDJ-2000 will work in Scratch Live using HID. To get Nexus support in Scratch Live, Pioneer will have to pay for a new license to Serato or Native Instruments (Traktor) for Native Support. Remember, the CDJ-2000 did not have Native Support when it was launched. The best you can do is go to Pioneer forums and request Scratch Live support. It's the least they can do after paying the ridiculous $2K on one CDJ.

I would sell the Nexus and purchase 2 DDJ SX for $900 each. Use 1 for backup. You get more CUE points and cool stuff like Serato DJ, Slice, Velocity and iZotope effects. If your into screens, than get a Retina display and stare at the Macbook like most new DJ's.
Dj Khris 8:24 PM - 29 October, 2012
Only itch users will like this.... why are they making it easier to be a freejay?
mr187 4:50 PM - 30 October, 2012
Quote:

not so simple the ssl will have to be rewriten may put bugs in a already stable software.
mr187 8:46 PM - 30 October, 2012
We better look out Virtual Dj 8 is coming and it is one mean machine
dj_dani 9:09 PM - 30 October, 2012
will have some cost or price download serato dj?
DJ SLIDE.com 2:07 AM - 31 October, 2012
Its SCRATCH LIVE for everybody accept now you don't need a rane box/interface,now all you need serial number key for $200 , seems like a good idea for SERATO to keep more of the profit ,no manufacturing,shipping and other cost,
VinnyC 6:39 AM - 31 October, 2012
I like this! I'm a LIVE user but also use the Vestax 380. The ability to do manual loops and run a program that works much more like LIVE will be great. I can't wait.
dj_dani 11:03 PM - 31 October, 2012
ALGUIEN QUE ME PUEDA DECIR,QUE PRECIO VA TENER AL DESCARGAR EL NUEVO SERATO DJ PARA CONTROLADORES? GRACIAS!
Henry GQ 8:06 AM - 1 November, 2012
YOU CAN NOT TELL ME THAT NICK FROM INKLEN (MIX EMERGENCY) HAD NOOO PART IN THIS. SERIOUSLY.. ITS HAS NICKS DESIGN ALLLLL OVER THE NEW SERATO DJ LOOK.

COME ON.....

SERIOUSLY.. ITS STILL COOL.
nik39 9:15 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The 2 deck view when used with a 4 deck controller will display the two active deck layers. So if you are using decks 3 / 4, these will show.

Hey Sam,

can you elaborate how this is achieved? I can't make it work. It always shows deck 1+2, and never deck 3 or 4 as you described.
acemc 9:25 PM - 1 November, 2012
Quote:

Nik39 - I sure hope you are right about this. That is exactly the way it should be implemented.
nik39 9:28 PM - 1 November, 2012
Sorry, I just quoted Sam, I didn't write it originally. I hope this works.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:33 PM - 1 November, 2012
Hey fellas,

I actually got this wrong. 2 deck view mode will only show decks 1 & 2. It's a good point though and something we'd like to improve in a future release for sure. I'll make sure it's in the minds of the product team.

Sorry for being misleading!

Cheers,

Sam.
acemc 9:39 PM - 1 November, 2012
Bummer! But thanks for clearing it up.
djemdub 4:01 AM - 2 November, 2012
Quote:
ALGUIEN QUE ME PUEDA DECIR,QUE PRECIO VA TENER AL DESCARGAR EL NUEVO SERATO DJ PARA CONTROLADORES? GRACIAS!

Si tienes un controlador de itch, es gratis.
Si tienes un controlador de SERATO DJ Intro, te va costar $199
Si tienes otro controlador, no vas a poder usarlo. No mas es para usarios de ITCH y DJ INTRO.
DJ STU-C 12:19 PM - 7 November, 2012
i would like to be able to plug in a cdj and use it to control one of the decks on the new software in HID mode, i hate the idea of having to press a button to switch platters and seeing as it has a 4 channel mixer built in to the latest pioneer controller i think being able to plug a cdj in would be just common sense
DJ KUN 1 4:41 PM - 17 November, 2012
when will the vci-300 get the software does anyone know
Headstation 5:10 PM - 17 November, 2012
same as all other consoles
Springtime
browny 11:53 AM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:

This is so true!!!
djemdub 11:56 AM - 20 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

This is so true!!!

because SSL is exclusive to RANE products..

&Serato DJ was made to merge ITCH and DJ INTRO.

So instead instead of having 3 programs, there will be 2. many people believe that this is a start of merging the controller programs and ssl but im not too sure of that
J.J. 12:06 AM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:

So instead instead of having 3 programs, there will be 2. many people believe that this is a start of merging the controller programs and ssl but im not too sure of that

There will still be 3 versions.

Scratch Live = DVS (Digital Vinyl System)
Serato DJ = The new version of Itch
Serato DJ Intro = if you like the limited software, you can pay $199 to upgrade to Serato DJ
djemdub 12:31 AM - 21 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

There will still be 3 versions.

Scratch Live = DVS (Digital Vinyl System)
Serato DJ = The new version of Itch
Serato DJ Intro = if you like the limited software, you can pay $199 to upgrade to Serato DJ

ok thanks for the correction..if no new controllers are going to be added to DJ INTRO, it can be labeled as dead just as ITCH, but seeing that they recently added the denon mc2000, that it unlikely
acemc 11:49 PM - 18 December, 2012
Im still not quite understanding the problem with merging Serato DJ & Scratch Live.
If you just used an Itch controller then SSL could just disable the DVS function.
If you connected any Rane hardware then DVS functionality is enabled, allowing you to use your controller along with timecode. That seems like the most logical way to go about it. Is it purely a legal thing?
mr187 8:37 PM - 19 December, 2012
I dont think serato can merge ssl and SDJ Because of the licensing agreement between Serato and Rane.
Just like if Rane make a controller it couln't use SDJ unless a new licencing agreement is made like with Numark , Pioneer, Vastax and the other controller makers. But SSL is a exclusive agreement between Rane And Serato. If you Notice all the boxes and mixers For SSL are made by Rane.
mr187 8:41 PM - 19 December, 2012
Quote:
Im still not quite understanding the problem with merging Serato DJ & Scratch Live.
If you just used an Itch controller then SSL could just disable the DVS function.
If you connected any Rane hardware then DVS functionality is enabled, allowing you to use your controller along with timecode. That seems like the most logical way to go about it. Is it purely a legal thing?

U can map any controller to SSL just cant use the jog wheels.
acemc 9:01 PM - 19 December, 2012
Thanks for clearing it up for me. The thing is, if they were to merge the two, no-one would have access to DVS without using a Rane product anyway. Likewise without a certified controller (itch, intro etc...) there would only be access to off-line mode. It would really just be the name that is shared. Then Serato could dedicate all their effort on one unified product. No more SSL has this, Itch has that, DJ has x,y & z.... Everyone happy (well, most of us anyway).
Cultcha B 4:31 AM - 12 January, 2013
Is this a upgrade we have to buy or what? I love the luk , its awwsome!!!
djemdub 12:23 AM - 14 January, 2013
Quote:
Is this a upgrade we have to buy or what? I love the luk , its awwsome!!!

All the info is under the Serato dj page at Serato.com I'm surprised you missed it
DJ KUN 1 3:42 AM - 22 February, 2013
is serato itch getting its update anytime soon
controversial 4:25 AM - 22 February, 2013
yeah on February 31!!!
controversial 4:29 AM - 22 February, 2013
J/k no more itch updates they claim they will only release maintenance updates but I'm sure this wont happen as they no longer will make money on the old controllers its all about migrating everyone to SDJ and having us buy new gear that comes mapped with all its new features. Trust me I have 3 serato itch controllers and 1 DDJ-SX it never stops dude ns7fx was my favorite just to darn heavy so now my gear of choice is DDJ-SX.
Djeddie_77@hotmail.com 9:50 AM - 22 February, 2013
Can the Serato Dj Software work with a Vestax VCI 300 MKII Controller?
controversial 9:55 PM - 22 February, 2013
no, not yet but in the spring it will.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 5:39 PM - 3 March, 2013
dj vasko, can you please start a new help request for this problem? You can do this here: www.serato.com

Please attach this crash report to the new thread as a text file and include full system specs and details of your crash.

Thanks,

Sam.
THE BLAQUE ONE 10:40 PM - 1 October, 2013
Will the MKII have the new software built in like the old NS7?