Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato DJ

Product
ITCH
Version
dont-know
Hardware
Allen & Heath Xone:DX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
T33ch 10:59 AM - 3 October, 2012
Is there to be no upgrade to Serato DJ for Allen & Heath Xone:DX users?
dj-nice 12:37 PM - 3 October, 2012
congratulations...your xone is now worthless and Itch 2.2.2 had several bugs with xone and does crash with big databases. i could not write down how i feel just in this moment.....
'#+$§%&%§][_+~$§"$
Joel Rodrigues 3:01 PM - 3 October, 2012
I just want say this. i pay 1000€ for this controller and now i feel really bad.
Allen & Heath Xone DX and serato = EPIC FAIL
dj-nice 3:07 PM - 3 October, 2012
1+ thank you very much for burning down our money
adb3 3:56 PM - 3 October, 2012
I would just like to add that this is a F*ed up way to kill support!
Andre Berghain 4:40 PM - 3 October, 2012
I was just about to ask the same Question.

Anyways.

I cant get used to the thought of buying a Numark device now... . How do i look on stage with these Toys :( .

Looks like, i need to spend more money to get the latest "Innovation" Pioneer DDJ-SX in order to keep the quality level and a good working 4 Channel All-in-One Controller.

...but it would break my heart to sell my DX after all these years.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:20 AM - 4 October, 2012
Hey guys,

Support is not being killed for the Xone:DX. It's a discontinued product and therefore won't be able to be upgraded to Serato DJ.

It will still work and will still be completely supported for the latest version of ITCH 2.2.2.

If there is another software system that does what you need it to do now, then i'd recommend using it if we don't offer what you need.

Sam.
Djeross 5:51 PM - 5 October, 2012
Hi,

I'm a customer of the DX. I bought it the day it came out.
It was one of the premium range controllers using Itch, with a (very) premium price tag.
So I think it is pretty lame of you to discontinue upgrades for it.

Why do I buy Serato products ? Because you NEVER dropped support for any of your products. I owned a Rane SL1, Vestax VCI-300, A&H XoneDX, now a Numark NS6, and I was planning to upgrade to Pioneer DDJ-SX. And I love the fact that all of these products are still supported.

Serato Dj is a great step forward in building a logical range of products, and to reinforce your strenghts against a continuously innovating traktor, I get that.
But now, if you start to bring in Serato the weakest point of your competitors, the "discontinuing support for old products" thing, it may change the whole game.

I was really sad when reading your last sentence "If there is another software system that does what you need it to do now, then i'd recommend using it if we don't offer what you need."
It was so full of disrespect for XoneDX customers... nothing I've ever been used to with Serato.

I hope you will seriously reconsider your position on this decision, as it has no sense at all. It still is one of the best controllers out there, with pristine sound (the best sounding controller on the market IMHO), well build, has a compact size, and is perfect for a lot of users. And I don't think there is any technical hardware limitation preventing you from adding support for this controller.
Just remember that some of the customers bought this one partly for the integrated FX, and now you add new shiny FX... for all others !!

I could go on and on with this, but you get my point. If you want us to change hardware or software company, ok, then just refund the unit. Else, take a little extra time, and please implement support for the DX.

Cheers,
Dje
Sv.DjDreamer 6:36 PM - 5 October, 2012
Quote:
Hi,

I'm a customer of the DX. I bought it the day it came out.
It was one of the premium range controllers using Itch, with a (very) premium price tag.
So I think it is pretty lame of you to discontinue upgrades for it.

Why do I buy Serato products ? Because you NEVER dropped support for any of your products. I owned a Rane SL1, Vestax VCI-300, A&H XoneDX, now a Numark NS6, and I was planning to upgrade to Pioneer DDJ-SX. And I love the fact that all of these products are still supported.

Serato Dj is a great step forward in building a logical range of products, and to reinforce your strenghts against a continuously innovating traktor, I get that.
But now, if you start to bring in Serato the weakest point of your competitors, the "discontinuing support for old products" thing, it may change the whole game.

I was really sad when reading your last sentence "If there is another software system that does what you need it to do now, then i'd recommend using it if we don't offer what you need."
It was so full of disrespect for XoneDX customers... nothing I've ever been used to with Serato.

I hope you will seriously reconsider your position on this decision, as it has no sense at all. It still is one of the best controllers out there, with pristine sound (the best sounding controller on the market IMHO), well build, has a compact size, and is perfect for a lot of users. And I don't think there is any technical hardware limitation preventing you from adding support for this controller.
Just remember that some of the customers bought this one partly for the integrated FX, and now you add new shiny FX... for all others !!

I could go on and on with this, but you get my point. If you want us to change hardware or software company, ok, then just refund the unit. Else, take a little extra time, and please implement support for the DX.

Cheers,
Dje

Totally agree with you
Ice Pilot 11:45 PM - 5 October, 2012
Guys, I'm trying to get a petition going in the General forum.

Your help appreciated...

serato.com
Mr Bump 5:53 PM - 7 October, 2012
Right with you all. Nothing to add but my support.
Psynapses 1:20 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
Hey guys,

Support is not being killed for the Xone:DX. It's a discontinued product and therefore won't be able to be upgraded to Serato DJ.

It will still work and will still be completely supported for the latest version of ITCH 2.2.2.

If there is another software system that does what you need it to do now, then i'd recommend using it if we don't offer what you need.

Sam.

How is support not being killed on this product? That's exactly what you and Serato are doing. Itch 2.2.2 is the last upgrade ever available for the Xone DX and it had a long way to go before it could be considered a solid program.

And your suggested resolution is use "another software system?" Are you sure that's what Serato execs want you promoting on this forum? We have a discontinued, unsupported device and our option is use "another software system?!" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? If you suggest that too many times, you'll be out of a job and Serato will be out of business.

I've been using Serato since early 2006! If it's that easy for us to be written off after this many years of supporting your products, then the best solution IS to move on. Serato has had it's moment of glory, but technology is allowing for plenty of other solutions to come to light.

BOGUS!
Psynapses 1:30 AM - 10 October, 2012
And on another note, since the XoneDX is still available for sale on MANY dealer websites, Serato can probably expect a number of lawsuits when the consumer finds out they have bought a brand new product that has no future support. The consumer won't be mad at A&H, they will be coming at Serato....just like we are. Allen & Heath did their part, you and Serato should do yours.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:34 AM - 10 October, 2012
I understand that sounds a bit lame. I'm just suggesting that if you're unable to perform to the best that you can using the supported software for the Xone:DX currently then i'd always recommend you use what is best for you.

As i've mentioned before, the Xone:DX is still completely supported in the latest version of ITCH and will continue to be. Serato DJ is a new product and unfortunately the Xone:DX will not be supported in this as it's a discontinued piece of hardware.

Sam.
Psynapses 3:20 AM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
I understand that sounds a bit lame. I'm just suggesting that if you're unable to perform to the best that you can using the supported software for the Xone:DX currently then i'd always recommend you use what is best for you.

As i've mentioned before, the Xone:DX is still completely supported in the latest version of ITCH and will continue to be. Serato DJ is a new product and unfortunately the Xone:DX will not be supported in this as it's a discontinued piece of hardware.

Sam.

So let me get this straight, (as I sit here fighting Itch to open, I have to unplug the hard drive and the controller, open the software, plug everything in and hope it works) you're telling me there is future support? And future includes upgrades to Itch that will fix these bugs? Because that is what I would interpret as "still completely supported"

Serato is not gaining any fans by doing this, they are only losing paying customers.......and I've paid more than once.
dj-nice 6:47 AM - 10 October, 2012
LOL "completely supported"
I told while the EARLY 2.2.2.xx betatest, that on the DX the [aera] button is out of order.
You ignored that an told us now, its "completely supported" an wont release further updates.

What about the new and extremely grown op memory (RAM) consumption in 2.2.2.xx whitch cause reproduceable crashs?

You got this information while the first beta tests and IGNORED it too! Several user had still problems and could not start/work with 2.2.2.20
Sv.DjDreamer 7:40 AM - 10 October, 2012
Allen and Heath is still supporting Xone Dx and making new drivers only serato dropping support for dx. Sounds very lame to me.
Words of Al C from A&H :

Hi folks

Quote:
Xone DX is no longer a controller that Allen and Heath are making drivers for or supporting

Sorry to butt in here Matt, but this isn't correct
:o)
- new software for XONE:DX was released after production of the hardware ended and this included both firmware and driver updates.
The last firmware update included some minor bug fixes and added functionality.
The last driver release included updates to enable OSX10.8 compatibility.

Installers for all can be downloaded direct from the A&H website, here:
www.allen-heath.com

The issue cpa1ne had/had relates to changes in the latest generation of Macs that implement USB3.0 ports; it appears to be direct connection of some USB2.0 hardware to these ports that causes the issue.

Our software devs have been in discussion with Apple about it and have suggested a work-around that, in effect, makes it possible to re-establish enumeration of the DX onto the Mac by connecting the DX to a USB2.0 hub and then connecting the hub to the Mac.

cpa1ne's confirmation this fixes the issue reinforces our thoughts concerning diagnostics and means the DX is good to go with the latest Mac OS and hardware
:o)

I hope the extra info helps

Cheers
Al
Psynapses 1:27 PM - 10 October, 2012
Quote:
Allen and Heath is still supporting Xone Dx and making new drivers only serato dropping support for dx. Sounds very lame to me.
Words of Al C from A&H :

- new software for XONE:DX was released after production of the hardware ended and this included both firmware and driver updates.
The last firmware update included some minor bug fixes and added functionality.
The last driver release included updates to enable OSX10.8 compatibility.

Thank you SV.DJ Dreamer! If you don't mind, I will be quoting you in other related threads.

Confirmed, latest driver release date:
XONE_DX_Driver_2.1.8.dmg
Friday, July 27, 2012 3:46 PM

The Xone was discontinued in late 2011 and new driver released in July of 2012. Sounds like solid support to me.

Again A&H is DOING their part, Serato and Samuel S, PLEASE DO YOURS!

Sam, instead of telling us to use "another software system" you need to tell the Serato execs there is about to be a riot in the forums. I'm about to some throw virtual molotov cocktails.
Djeross 2:18 PM - 11 October, 2012
Quote:

Could you please STOP posting this copy-paste pre-made marketing-compliant answer everywhere ??
Could you please give us a REAL explanation instead ??
What/who prevents you from making a new software compatible with the XoneDX ?
It's just like saying "Windows 8 will not be compatible with all Core2 Duo, because it is a discontinued product"... pretty dumb, huh ?
D~ 10:22 PM - 12 October, 2012
I'm here to add my voice to this thread. I have been a maniacal consumer of all things Serato from the very beginning. I have stumbled through EVERY SINGLE hurdle from the beginning of Scratch Live and through switching to a controller and Itch. I've suffered through crashes in front of huge crowds on a top of the line computer (lucky for me I started on vinyl) and spotty support on equipment that you insisted I own to run your software. This is very disappointing considering how many DX are out there. The XoneDX, unlike ANY of it's competitors is a well made piece of equipment that A&H have supported very well. They replaced mine due to a mic plug failure immediately and even paid for the shipping. Given that they met their side of the bargain it would be nice if you did the same.

I, for one, never wanted to leave Scratch Live for Itch but had to if I wanted to use a controller and stay with Serato. It's pretty lame that you are refusing to bring all DX users along to your new software. Typical of the average company these days. Sales? YES! Support? Suuuure... for as long as those sales keep coming in.
1:22 AM, 19 Oct 2012
King Drou! attached a file: bird.jpg
View· Permalink
King Drou! 1:22 AM - 19 October, 2012
This is bad serato, I got hooked, felt in love and will you now break up with me?

like many others i i choose the SL-1 insteed of the maya44 card / Traktor.
After a few years I wanted to try a controller, VCI-300 and then I finally got my DX ( the best controller in the world, even today ).

What happend? Traktor launched the s4 with integrated timecode vinyl control. I got it, and
I returned it. ( I still have my SL-1, Serato live as itch, and it complete´s me, im still inlove with you, so no more fingers on mistress Traktor)

Now your telling me your tierd of me? that you cant put the effort on keeping rolling? when you actually have been fucking everybody else then me lately? why are you not willing to make me work good? enjoy and be proud that in the deep house scene be one of the few dj´s still rocking you? cdj - 5000? auto bpm, screnes, usb sticks bla bla bla.. what happend with keeping it easy?

AND YOU SHOULD KNOW!!!! we, this guys talking here. we are the one´s that got used to you. we are the ones that still bring you the money, we are the guys that has been hanging on to you when you try to change, when you try to be something your not! becuse it´s so ovious that you have to develope. but to what cost. you will never beat traktor in marketing money. they will always be the PR nr 1. and thats why we. that are having dj courses for the new generation will pass the teaching about that they have to start up with vinyl - beatmatch as real dj´s and then if they gonna do it more easy on the way. lifting - mixing etc. they have to choose you. becouse your the easy, simple dude that is one of us. untill you payd fatboy for PR untill you payd??? (after the leaks from earlier) dj mag for the awards? what do i know? what do i feel about you now???

Everybody else. everybody that is using traktor 80% of my friends, are now laughing at me.. they told me your where to ugly to be with, that you couldnt make me happy without all the hipster effects and autosync. i was so proud to stick to you...

I was tolerant and understood you changed, everyone does. but that you will seriously break up with me?

ps.
I´m sad for your future. If you have any marketing guys sitting there trying to make the public for serato bigger THEY KNOW THAT THE MOST VALUEABLE PR IS NOT FATBOY SLIM... IS THE MOUTH TO MOUTH WORD (AND SADLY THE LIKE´S ON FACDBOOK)

I will wait untill spring 2013, then i will begin my war against you.
King Drou! 1:23 AM - 19 October, 2012
War - tell people the truth about your client policy...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:00 AM - 19 October, 2012
Hey man,

Sorry to hear that your unhappy with our direction. As i've mentioned quite a few times, Serato DJ is a new piece of software and as the Xone:DX is a discontinued product, we will not be supporting it in this. It's still totally supported in the latest version of ITCH and will continue to be so.

Your entitled to your opinion about the Icon Series too. We love it and love respecting and championing our artists in this way but everyone has different views and that's cool.

Sam.
Seeaarch 2:21 AM - 19 October, 2012
All I'm understanding is that serato already made the money there was to be made through A&H and since the xone:dx was discontinued were all f***ed
Psynapses 2:35 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
Hey man,

Sorry to hear that your unhappy with our direction. As i've mentioned quite a few times, Serato DJ is a new piece of software and as the Xone:DX is a discontinued product, we will not be supporting it in this. It's still totally supported in the latest version of ITCH and will continue to be so.

Your entitled to your opinion about the Icon Series too. We love it and love respecting and championing our artists in this way but everyone has different views and that's cool.

Sam.

Sam keeps poking the hornets nest.

Ok, so let us trade up to a new piece of hardware at no charge. Fat chance.

Had I known that Serato would write off their customers so easily, I would have never bought Itch or even SSL when it first came out. Everyone told me to buy Traktor, but I believed in Serato I could understand if the Xone was 10 years old or even 5, but it's 2.

I'm not asking for Serato DJ, I'm asking for a better Itch. But if we can't get a better Itch, then give us Serato DJ.

Didn't Itch users help fund Serato DJ anyway? Wasn't it our investment into your company that provided the funds to develop it? We all feel completely taken here.
Psynapses 2:45 AM - 19 October, 2012
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I no longer own a Scratch box, but doesn't ALL original SSL boxes work with ALL versions of Scratch Live?

3rd party hardware bundled with your product is obviously a terrible business model. THIS IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO HAPPEN TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM THAT BUYS INTO THIS SCENARIO. And by the looks of the way this played out, this could happen tomorrow without any prior notice.
weeggyy 3:31 AM - 19 October, 2012
I know how it feels when you wont be able to get something what everyone is getting... But in this business model, serato is not calling the shots. Obviously the partnership between two parties is done and Serato won't beg A&H to renew the partnership. It should be the other way around. Your barking on the wrong tree...

The A&H people should talk to serato team and present a road map / business direction. The competition in controller market is getting tougher every year and if your just sitting around the corner waiting for a miracle to happen, obviously you'll get left behind. And that is what happening to A&H right now.
Psynapses 4:32 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
I know how it feels when you wont be able to get something what everyone is getting.

No offense but you're naive to what's happening.

As I stated in my previous post:
"I'm not asking for Serato DJ, I'm asking for a better Itch. But if we can't get a better Itch, then give us Serato DJ."

I can afford the new Pioneer setup with Serato DJ, I'm just not going to buy it one way or the other.......none of us should have to. I've made my investment into hardware. I would pay for the new Serato DJ software, I shouldn't have to buy new hardware too. My Xone works perfectly fine with every piece of software I use it with.......EXCEPT ITCH! When it does work, I love it.

Serato Dj could have just as easily been named Serato Itch. Customers retained and everyone is happy. But for some ungodly reason they dropped FUTURE UPGRADE support of the second major DJ software that they created. They still support their first creation, why not itch? And I for one, have a hard time thinking it had anything to do with A&H or that A&H has any responsibility in this. Software, unlike hardware, has infinite potential for continued support and growth. A&H did their part.

Serato is doing this to ALL discontinued hardware, which means they are forcing you to buy into future products that you may or may not want, IF you want to use their products.

This guy said it best.
serato.com
d:raf 5:23 AM - 19 October, 2012
If they could never get Itch right for the Xone DX, what guarantee is there that Serato DJ would be any better?

www.comicbookdaily.com
dj-nice 6:21 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
DX is a discontinued product, we will not be supporting it in this. It's still totally supported in the latest version of ITCH and will continue to be so.

ha ha ha....totally supported?

We are still waiting for the never coming bigfix. You release this fix in SERATO DJ and kidding all DX users.
weeggyy 11:19 AM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:
No offense but you're naive to what's happening.

No offense taken, I complete understand where your coming from...

Serato shouldn't drop the updates or at least the bug fix for itch... Because there are people who will left behind and at this point the software has a lot of bugs. Keylock, Library, and the list will go on... They should have at least reconsider this...
Seeaarch 1:18 PM - 19 October, 2012
I agree with Psynapses, I would also be willing to pay for the upgrade to SERATO DJ if it meant still being able to use our hardware. But just scrapping it all together is BS
Psynapses 3:29 PM - 19 October, 2012
Quote:

It's still totally supported in the latest version of ITCH and will continue to be so.

Can you please define what "totally supported" means? I believe we are owed a full understanding of what your canned answer is referring to. If you are referring to customer support, I think that falls a bit short of what is really needed for Itch users.

If Xone works with Traktor and other software, there is no reason that Serato can't do the same with any new software release. This is where it no longer is the fault of A&H.

If Serato products were not dependent on a 18" x 19" dongle (are you kidding me?) none of us would have any problems.
yog's 10:41 PM - 19 October, 2012
I had serato scratch previously which was good then I got my xone dx expecting big things from itch and the at the time "forthcoming" bridge that integrates ableton live into itch, which was cancelled shortly after I purchased my xone, now I hear that there will be no further updates for the dx, but they will update other inferior controllers with serato dj is really disappointing.
Psynapses 1:36 PM - 1 November, 2012
This petition is not quite complete and I will continue to work on it, but I figured it needed to happen to organize.

Please share this with any and all DJs that you can. Get them to stand behind this and Serato will hopefully see the light.

www.change.org
Joel Rodrigues 2:40 PM - 1 November, 2012
Psynapses
good job men, i signed this petition.
Thanks