Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-In General Discussion

Talk about Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-in.

Include scratch control cds along with control vinyls

davetheone 7:12 PM - 30 November, 2005
Some of us have a CDJ or DLZ-1200 etc... it would be cool to utilize them to scratch instead of a gigantic turntable.
Serato
dave 9:46 PM - 30 November, 2005
Interesting idea but I'm not sure if anyone would want to buy Scratch studio edition if they have CDJs. We made SSE so that people could scratch digital files using regular vinyl.

With a CDJ you can do already scratch digital audio.
davetheone 10:39 PM - 30 November, 2005
Yes; this is true; but it saves space (turntables take up alot of room) and it also saves you the hassle of having to burn your files to cd to then re-record back into pro-tools. I like the idea of load waveform; play or record on the fly and play. I also don't have to worry about replacing vinyls.
Just a thought.
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Damian Than 2:55 AM - 10 January, 2006
Besides, if you work in a club enviroment its convenient to have all your music right in front of you on the laptop, adding new music to a cd book can be a pain in the ass and keeping it organized even more so. i got 40 sumtin odd gigs of music and finding one random song on a cd book that big would be impossible. Now i can fit a truck load of vinyl on an external hard drive. This discussion is a kinda pointless since scratch does come with cds now :)
Serato
dave 3:46 AM - 10 January, 2006
Hi Damian, davetheone is talking about Scratch studio edition here, not Scratch LIVE.

Scratch studio edition is a Pro Tools plug-in that allows you to scratch any digital audio file using vinyl: serato.com
davetheone 3:16 AM - 20 January, 2006
Still would like to see this added to the scratch se package.
Serato
Josh 3:52 AM - 9 March, 2006
scratch live cds will control SE...
davetheone 3:38 PM - 29 March, 2006
LOL; ok; are they sold seperatley or only with the Live package?

I kinda ditched Digidesign for the time being; The upgrade/price structure and elusive advertising (for the namm show) kind of turned me back toward Cubase/Nuendo on the pc and Logic/DP on the mac.

any chance on VST version of SE? I know it's clearly stated in the FAQ's, just wondering if it is being considered. Acid 6 seems like the DAW I'll be switching to permanently, I've always been a fan of Vegas and Acid and now that the two are finally merged into a DAW and the re-wire, rex file support, VST, Midi added, it's definitley going to be the DAW to grow beyond what everyone expects. I'd like to see Serato support them in some way.
Serato
dave 10:19 PM - 29 March, 2006
I could be wrong, but I don't think the Scratch LIVE cds are sold seperately since users can simply burn their own back-ups.

There's most probably no chance of us making a VST version of Scratch Studio Edition.

Dave - have you bought SSE?
davetheone 3:39 PM - 30 March, 2006
I was waiting for SSE to be compatible with 7.0. I wrote in long ago telling you that the demo had lots of trouble on 7.0 LE However, I have been working on Multiple DAW's and cannot afford to be tied to any specific one.

Is there any reason why you won't support VST which most every DAW supports except for one?
Serato
dave 11:31 PM - 2 April, 2006
Of course there are reasons but I don't really want to go into them.

Quite simply we have no interest in developing VST or DirectX plug-ins.
davetheone 4:13 PM - 4 April, 2006
That is unfortunate. I too have reasons as to why (one of which was stated in my previous post) but that is not the purpose of this thread or forum.
There may also be people that have no interest in any company that has no interest in developing vst or direct x plug-ins.

Peace
Dave