Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato not work with Pioneer CDJ2000 Nexus

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL3
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
son.of.maestro 10:04 PM - 1 October, 2012
Hi,

we´ve got 5 new Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus for Dry/Hire and myself have 3 of them. Befor i´ve used normal CDJ2000 with SL3 and its worked perfectly. Now the new CDJ2000 NXS does npt supportet from Serato.. Do you know if and when it will be work together?

With kind regards,

René M Bieler I Premium Event Kassel I Germany
Rane, Support
Chad S. 3:50 PM - 2 October, 2012
At this point there isn't any native support for that unit. From what I understand it is a totally different unit from the cdj2000 and new code would have to be written specifically for it.
DJ P Jay 7:55 AM - 3 October, 2012
Hurry up guys :)
DJ_FINESSE_NY 1:15 PM - 5 October, 2012
hurry I had to cancel all my gigs just because of this issue :(
Konix 1:51 PM - 5 October, 2012
It's not likely to come for some time (if at all). If you're expecting Serato/Pioneer to come with some "hot fix" in the next couple days or even weeks, I can tell you now that's not going to happen.
DJ_FINESSE_NY 2:12 PM - 5 October, 2012
i should them give rekordbox a try
son.of.maestro 1:40 PM - 9 October, 2012
Hurry up Serato.. we need Nexus support!!!!!
DJSabella 9:13 PM - 9 October, 2012
Attn: Serato Techs - NI (traktor) has announced that native support for the Pioneer CDJ2000 nexus will be available Nov 1st 2012 via update. is there a timetable to when serato will have an update for the 2000 Nexus.
lee shaw 3:44 AM - 11 October, 2012
I do own serato but it dose seem that serato is now old school and is time to move on Rekord box or tractor ;-)
Code:E 6:51 AM - 11 October, 2012
Quote:
At this point there isn't any native support for that unit. From what I understand it is a totally different unit from the cdj2000 and new code would have to be written specifically for it.

And why haven't you got your guys on it, whens there expected release. I'm not buying new CDJ's again to wait a year for HID codes to come out that dont even work in the end.
Rane, Support
Chad S. 3:52 PM - 11 October, 2012
Here is a new FAQ from Serato --> serato.com
iWill 12:32 PM - 12 October, 2012
So what do we do? This is not the way to do business if Pioneer is just trying to force users to flip to W.rekordBox.

Pioneer didn't even bother to post this on any of their sites. I got screwed by Pioneer big time, I had trusted Pioneer with all of their HYPE and sold my (3) CDJ2000s in order to buy (3) CDJ2000 Lemons... or is it Nexus (WOW! never thought that I would spend over $6,000.00 USD on lemons).

Now my SL3 feels like it's useless, I can't even use any of my Cue points with the SL Code CDs (What ever happened to HID Support).

Can someone kindly help us SLx loyal DJs with this issue? This is such a poor move by Pioneer specially now that I'm fully booked for the rest of the year (I'm sure that many other DJs are going through the same hell that I'm going through) and all due to lack of information from Pioneer's behalf. Had I known about this issue I would have said screw the CDJ2000 Nexus "Lemons".

There should be an URGENT release to fix this issue!!! I had gone to both Guitar Center and SamAsh to get help and both retailers commented on the frustrations that several DJ's are going through because of this MAJOR FAIL! one of the retailers almost convinced me to drop Serato and just get on the W.reKordBox bus.

SERATO's team needs to approach Pioneer DJ about this RIDICULOUS far fetched controller issue before it's too late.

How could Pioneer's CDJ2000 Firmware go backwards to Version 1.2 when they were at Version 4.11? Are they trying to use this as an opportunity to force SL users to jump to W.reKordBox? if so, shame on Pioneer.

Maybe it's time to drop Pioneer and give DENON a try?

Please help!!!

Thank you,

iWill
Quote· Permalink
Attach A File
Attach a relevant file to this discussion.
Reply To This Discussion
( Logged in as iWill )
3:07 PM, 12 Oct 2012
son.of.maestro attached a file: cdjnexus.JPG
View· Permalink
son.of.maestro 3:08 PM - 12 October, 2012
Its exactly my problem too.. now i´ve got the best bedroom DJ Set ever ;D .. i´m really happy, that i´ve my cdj2000 limited to work on shows since the nexus work with serato ..
Code:E 6:51 PM - 12 October, 2012
If i was to use a CDJ as a MIDI controller i could map it to serato in minutes. So why should it take more than a week for someone to write a HID protocols (even basic ones, for now) and release them. Hell release it as beta. Take advantage of your customer base to but test them for you. We are not looking for the new fancy screen to show us coloured waveforms. I can understand that might take some programming that could take a while. But basic controls for the buttons via MIDI and platter controls via HID would be all we are asking for.
son.of.maestro 3:09 AM - 13 October, 2012
Pioneer answered me on the official Pro DJ site: "It will come, but not sure timing yet. Congrats on the purchase!"

OK, i hope it will be soon :)
Mr Vybez 4:25 PM - 21 October, 2012
I'm just about to get a pair of the nexus, but now don't no what to do! Is Serato gonna sort out with pioneer any time soon? I'm not into the record box business and I'm sure many djs don't like it as well. Please pioneer and serato do something about this ASAP!
Thanks!
DJ_FINESSE_NY 2:22 AM - 22 October, 2012
Quote:
I'm just about to get a pair of the nexus, but now don't no what to do! Is Serato gonna sort out with pioneer any time soon? I'm not into the record box business and I'm sure many djs don't like it as well. Please pioneer and serato do something about this ASAP!
Thanks!

November 1 the update will be out
Code:E 10:34 PM - 22 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!

Where did you see this. Quote your source please. :)
DJ_FINESSE_NY 4:05 AM - 23 October, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!

Where did you see this. Quote your source please. :)

Other forums i have the nexus just waiting for the update
Djjimmyc 5:42 PM - 24 October, 2012
Hey yes I in the same boat just sold my old cdj1000 to upgrade the newest best toys the cdj2000 nexus but seems now they not the best??? They won't work with serato and that realy sucks as no where on the speck info does it way that !! Why have they gone backwards from the cdj2000 thought this was the top player???

When serato and pioneer going to fix this? As got gigs lined up till the new year,
Maby I should have stayed with my cdj1000 !

Or maby it's time to switch to tractor?? As Hurd a update comming out for tractor,

Big name djs use serato and tractor and this player ment to be industry standard so if fitted to all the best clubs they won't be able to play!!
Djjimmyc 5:42 PM - 24 October, 2012
Hey yes I in the same boat just sold my old cdj1000 to upgrade the newest best toys the cdj2000 nexus but seems now they not the best??? They won't work with serato and that realy sucks as no where on the speck info does it way that !! Why have they gone backwards from the cdj2000 thought this was the top player???

When serato and pioneer going to fix this? As got gigs lined up till the new year,

Or maby it's time to switch to tractor?? As Hurd a update comming out for tractor,

Big name djs use serato and tractor and this player ment to be industry standard so if fitted to all the best clubs they won't be able to play!!
joe d 3:21 AM - 11 November, 2012
hi guys,

these cdj's wont transfer every thing we could use on the old 2000's they are designed to work with record box, witch sucks i know you need to switch over as you wont get all the new stuff ie sync button so what im saying is and i hope im wrong if they get it to work they will be like the old ones with no new Features like:

NEW! Wave Zoom for even more detailed information
NEW! Beat Sync for perfect beat matching every time
Performance functions including Slip Mode and Quantize
Jeff Scott 6:20 PM - 11 November, 2012
Quote:

Using Serato with 1000s or 2000s is no different your still using the timecode cds
Code:E 7:15 PM - 11 November, 2012
Quote:
Using Serato with 1000s or 2000s is no different your still using the timecode cds

No your not. I only play on 2000's hooked up in HID mode.
Jeff Scott 7:41 PM - 11 November, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

No your not. I only play on 2000's hooked up in HID mode.

I was quoting djjimmyc saying he can't use 2000 nexus' with Serato but he has been using it fine with 1000s.
dj dylan 5:50 PM - 13 November, 2012
Quote:

Don't bother with Rekordbox, it's a dog.
BriChi 3:17 AM - 14 November, 2012
Quote:

worth a shot, I switched over 3 years ago and use RB on all my gigs, It's a little buggy in the prep work department but overall, it hasnt failed me live at a gig, knock on wood! I keep serato on hand though as a backup and to use in placed that dont have RB ready players
djjoefresh 5:34 AM - 14 November, 2012
This past weekend a friend of mine was DJing at a new club in Manhattan that had the CDJ-2000 Nexus' installed, he called me that night asking why HID mode wasn't showing up. Fortunately he had the control WAVs on jump drives, so he was able to get through the night.

I'm willing to bet that a lot of DJs who are used to hooking up to HID mode with CDJ-2000s are frustrated as hell when they walk into a club with the new Nexus players and can't use them the way they're used to, especially the guys that don't frequent the forums and have no idea that it isn't going to work until they get to the club, and sometimes by then it's too late to find an alternative way to play.

The earliest I've heard that Serato and Pioneer will have HID support on the Nexus 2000s is January 2013.
Code:E 5:51 AM - 14 November, 2012
Quote:
The earliest I've heard that Serato and Pioneer will have HID support on the Nexus 2000s is January 2013.

Thats BS. they new how important to people it was when the 1st 2000's came out and they fuck the dog again on the new ones.
BriChi 1:24 PM - 14 November, 2012
yup, I agree, If a club updates the players it's out of the dj's hands which sucks, if you buy the players yourself and find this out, at least you know you have to workaround it for now, but to show up at a newly updated club not prepared for non HID players sucks, although, every professional dj should be prepared for the worst in my opinion, it's not the answer but fortunately people still carry the control cd's or waves on a usb drive just in case
Bixda 6:55 PM - 29 November, 2012
Any updates on the native HID?
I see that there is a CDJ-2000 Nexus update coming out Dec. 3...any hope?
djjoefresh 9:40 AM - 30 November, 2012
Quote:
Any updates on the native HID?
I see that there is a CDJ-2000 Nexus update coming out Dec. 3...any hope?

Fingers crossed. I was using them tonight with the control tone on jump drives, it's just not the same as HID. We really need this.
cwgates 12:51 PM - 3 December, 2012
will c
Bixda 4:09 PM - 8 December, 2012
FYI update moved to this monday the 10th.
BriChi 4:22 PM - 8 December, 2012
Not to be a downer but I certainly would not count on HID from pioneer in the update the 10th, This update from what they say is mainly to fix freezing issues that occur with mp3 files, they are not even thinking about HID mode as of yet until the decks are 100% stable
cwgates 10:12 PM - 8 December, 2012
That's what i herd also
son.of.maestro 11:49 AM - 10 December, 2012
Today is the 10th and its fu...ed me really up with the Nexus!! Hope that Pioneer will update the Firmware in this week. We spend a lot of money to refresh our CDJ2000 to the Nexus (at moment 7 for rent), but nobody want a player that has so many drop outs, or can use with Serato.. we have got no old CDJ2000 anymore and lost much money with sh..t thats not working...
BriChi 1:19 PM - 10 December, 2012
well the update is out and it fixedthe freezing issue which is awesome, I am very happy. this is not 100% pioneers issue for HID to fully work with serato, The decks support HID and Traktor works great with them so Serato really needs to push an update out
son.of.maestro 1:27 PM - 10 December, 2012
can you give me the link from this update?
BriChi 1:33 PM - 10 December, 2012
sure, pioneerdj.com

fix list:
Ver.1.04 -> Ver.1.06 (10 December, 2012 Update)
-Fixed an issue that a player crashes when the HOT CUE button is presses repeatedly with Master Tempo enabled.
-Fixed an issue that the back cue function does not work properly
 when pressing the cue button during a playback right after calling a memory cue point in a track of MP3 file.
-Fixed an issue that a playback sometimes jumps back to the end of the previous track
 when scratching repeatedly on the first beats of a track in "Single" mode.
-Fixed an issue that the browse does not return to the previously menu when pressing a back button.
-Improved the response time after pressing the back button
 when using the “previous track played” function to jump to the previous track in a medium where a massive number of tracks are exported.
son.of.maestro 1:44 PM - 10 December, 2012
ah, thanks.

i´ve looked always the first side that is not refresht:
pioneerdj.com
BriChi 2:13 PM - 10 December, 2012
yeah, they keep the 4.20 update to let users know theres an update for the 2000 to add compatibility but once you click that Firmware link, you see what I sent you, it's a little confusing
DJMikeT 8:53 AM - 15 December, 2012
I have a quick question, are there any risks of the original CDJ-2000 not working properly with Serato after updating to the current firmware (4.20)? After reading all this I'm afraid to even try it.

Thanks in advance.
Code:E 10:34 PM - 15 December, 2012
Quote:
I have a quick question, are there any risks of the original CDJ-2000 not working properly with Serato after updating to the current firmware (4.20)? After reading all this I'm afraid to even try it.

Thanks in advance.

None at all. The club i Tech and DJ at has 4 cdj2000's al on 4.20 and many DJ's including me have used them with HID mode.
DJMikeT 6:35 AM - 16 December, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks in advance.

None at all. The club i Tech and DJ at has 4 cdj2000's al on 4.20 and many DJ's including me have used them with HID mode.

Thanks for the information about that.
drumaddic 9:47 PM - 3 January, 2013
Getting ready to make the jump to the new 2000 Nexus, but I keep hearing people complaining that they don't work in HID with Serato. I have heard, however, that they work fine with the Serato control CDs.

As a promoter, I want a CDJ that can handle (pretty much) whatever popular software my artists bring with them. The LAST thing I want is to spend a ton of money on a paperweight that is useless to a DJ using Serato. From what I've read so far, Pioneer is working in HID with Traktor just fine and there ARE plans to sort out the issues with Serato. It's just that no one really knows if it's Serato who is slow out of the gate with this FW update, or if it's Pioneer.

As a DJ who has been using turntables for 15 years, it's not a big deal for me to use Serato control CDs with the new Nexus until a firmware update get sorted out, or until we all finally realize that pioneer wants us using rekordbox and won't play nice with Serato. I already use control vinyls so it's not a big change for me. My main concern is for the artists I book and the compatibility they will expect to have with my equipment.

Has any headway has been made on this from either side since December, or are we all still in the dark about if it will even happen?
Code:E 10:10 PM - 3 January, 2013
Quote:
It's just that no one really knows if it's Serato who is slow out of the gate with this FW update,

No Its serato. All serato on that front. Pioneer has very clearly stated many times HID programming is up to the software maker. Serato has been given all the info they need to make HID protocols but they have chosen to spend there time working on other projects.

As a DJ who plans on CDJ2000's In HID mode. I will not play unless that option is available to me. Timecodes just dont cut it for me. I own a set of CDJ2000s though and if the promoter booking me doesn't supply them then i charge him a fee to bring my own set it. If the promoter told me he had the new 2000nexus CDJ's I would still require the older ones until HID mode is available. Now I have never seen any A or B list DJ use HID mode yet. So if your booking artist like Steve Aoki, or Knife party don't worry. It would also seem counter productive to buy the older model when the new model is already out. I would buy the 2000nexus if i was you and be prepared to rent the older ones a couple of times more over the next year until HID mode is sorted out.
North-Rider 2:22 PM - 4 January, 2013
I'm waiting till namn which is the end of the month. If serato doesn't even announce support I'm leaving for good. Selling my sl3 and moving on. Serato was my first dvs so I'm somehow partial to it, but I think they have been left in the dust by traktor. In traktor I have no need for external sound card and have 4 decks.... Step up ur game Serato!!!!
Daniel Ventura 4:38 PM - 4 January, 2013
same here... waiting till namm: if nothing happens - switch fully over to Traktor (after 8 years ssl). so sad :-/ but Traktor is way more advanced in all Points of djing/technique.
Code:E 11:41 PM - 4 January, 2013
Quote:
same here... waiting till namm: if nothing happens - switch fully over to Traktor (after 8 years ssl). so sad :-/ but Traktor is way more advanced in all Points of djing/technique.

If only Traktor did video.....
DJ_T!TZ 12:08 AM - 6 February, 2013
has there been an update yet for the nexus' and HID serato?
cwgates 12:14 AM - 6 February, 2013
nope
North-Rider 2:30 AM - 6 February, 2013
I don't expect one to be in anytime soon. They are focused on "fisher price" style controllers for the time being. I gave traktor a go and it's ok but some features are missing (reverse, and break speed). I gave rekordbox a try as we'll and I'm sticking to it for the time being. Mixvibe also has full native control but haven't used it yet.
DJ_T!TZ 3:39 AM - 6 February, 2013
im just going to use the timecode cds..... ahhhh!
DJ_T!TZ 3:41 AM - 6 February, 2013
will it work the same with timecode cds? i know it wont have the same display as with hid and it will have cables everywhere.
Daniel Ventura 9:19 AM - 6 February, 2013
as far as i know you can map the missing functions manually in Traktor ;-)
cwgates 12:20 AM - 7 February, 2013
This is why Pioneer is not working with serato they have there own software they are selling the same company that makes rekordbox
www.mixvibes.com
BriChi 3:10 AM - 7 February, 2013
thats not true, Pioneer does not sell Mixvibes, Mixvibes makes Rekordbox so that relationship would have nothing to do with Mixvibes getting HID before Serato, If that was the case then Traktor wouldnt have had it months ago. HID is available, it is in Seratos hands to add it, they dont need Pioneers help at this point
BriChi 1:11 PM - 7 February, 2013
plus Serato is the most used program I see everywhere and people who buy the Nexus are pissed it is not supported yet and they are returning them, this only hurts pioneer, not helps, so if it was in their control at this point, they would have it working. They started the Nexus as a brand new deck/New FW which is good and bad, they should have at least warned people maybe in release notes that support is based on software companies program and not everyone is compatible at this point
DJ_T!TZ 2:36 PM - 7 February, 2013
so... will it work the same with timecode cds??? i know it wont have the same display as with hid and it will have cables everywhere.
BriChi 2:49 PM - 7 February, 2013
yes, the timecode will work as it would on any other deck, you can even just put the wav file on a sd card or usb drive to safe the fact of scratching up the cd
DJ_T!TZ 2:54 PM - 7 February, 2013
ok thanks but im asking if all the functions of the player would work the same with timecodes.
BriChi 4:23 PM - 7 February, 2013
absolutely not unfortunately, the buttons will only react if you use Serato in ABS mode because serato will follow everything the timecode does like hot starts and looping. If you use REL mode then no, None of the buttons will have any reaction to serato other then the platter, play, cue and pitch control
DJ_T!TZ 11:34 PM - 7 February, 2013
thats some bull... they should really have hid out by now...
DJMikeT 9:08 AM - 27 March, 2013
Just checking back on this topic to see what the status is on the Nexus Platters. It's almost the end of March, has there been any updates on the HID situation?

I'm still using the original 2000's and have no plans on purchasing the Nexus unless this gets resolved. I've spent way to much time with CUE points, etc.... to start all over again.

Really hope this gets resolved soon!
BriChi 12:15 PM - 27 March, 2013
Quote:
I'm still using the original 2000's and have no plans on purchasing the Nexus unless this gets resolved. I've spent way to much time with CUE points, etc.... to start all over again.

just out of curiosity, If you plan on still using serato 100% of the time, Why even get the Nexus decks over the MK1 you already own? I dont care how you spend your money obviously, I'm just curious being there is no advantage to the Nexus over the MK1 when using Serato
arp 3:21 PM - 27 March, 2013
Serato is worried about beginners DJ's because they are a lot more than pros... I've been a Serato user from 7 years and know they are letting me down badly. Unfortunately tracktor is winning The race, getting more serious with softwarere for Pros instead of winning market with new DJ's.
I'ts a shame that Serato Team doesn't have ready The HID for The latest/best DJ gear (cdj 2000 nexus).
Know I'm using rekordbox and it's fun. But it's a knew software, so IT has a lot off unsolved problems. IT freezes and ceashes many times while your're preparing your gigs.
Serato must hurry up if they don't want To continue loosing Pro DJ's.
Code:E 6:20 PM - 27 March, 2013
Quote:
I'm just curious being there is no advantage to the Nexus over the MK1 when using Serato

that we know of yet.
BriChi 6:38 PM - 27 March, 2013
true, but the main features Nexus based ar

zoomable waveform - cant see Serato adding moving wave to the player when its already in serato

auto load of hot cues for RB - serato already does thins on the 2000mk1 so no nexus advantage

Active loops - this is also RB based and serato does this already so again, the nexus has no advantage to this feature

anyone have other ideas of what they "may" add for nexus/serato hid that the MK1 cannot already do, let us know
Code:E 7:17 PM - 27 March, 2013
Sorry BriCHi let me expand on why I want Nexus2000's over MK1's:

I hope (and assume) the Skipping issue will be fixed
Quote:
zoomable waveform - cant see Serato adding moving wave to the player when its already in serato
I can and assume thats what will be happening. Don't they show up on traktor in HID? Also with the new screen I could think of 100's of things i would love to see displayed on it. In a perfect world I would love my music video's to show up on it, and considering serato is not using the CDJ's internal sound card there might be enough bandwidth to do so. Maybe not I don't know but it would be fucking cool.

Too me fixing the skipping issue is enough. There is also 2 new buttons (master, sync) which could be mapped to do anything you want.

Also I rent out all of my gear and the DJM900 is already on everyone rider, I give it 6 more months until the CDJ2000 NEXUS starts showing up. So to me having the newest gear is better because more people will want them and then I will have more rentals. These decks are expensive as hell, so if your not renting them out its crazy to own them.
BriChi 7:27 PM - 27 March, 2013
yes, hope for your guys sake the skipping issue is fixed

Traktok only shows the little wave at the bottom same as serato does now on the MK1, it does not show the wave that scrolls in the middle of the screen like RB analyzed tracks do
Code:E 7:31 PM - 27 March, 2013
Quote:
Traktok only shows the little wave at the bottom same as serato does now on the MK1, it does not show the wave that scrolls in the middle of the screen like RB analyzed tracks do

Well traktor sucks then :p

But seriously so much more information could be displayed on the units I hope Serato takes advantage of the CDJ's display.
DJMikeT 10:51 PM - 31 March, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

just out of curiosity, If you plan on still using serato 100% of the time, Why even get the Nexus decks over the MK1 you already own? I dont care how you spend your money obviously, I'm just curious being there is no advantage to the Nexus over the MK1 when using Serato

Hello BriChi,

The reason I was asking is because I have other DJ's that use other software such as Traktor and RecordBox, etc....

I would like more flexibility in the future so that when we host an event we have all the bases covered but I'm not going to invest in the Nexus if its not compatible.

The only way I would make the jump to the Nexus is if I ditched Serato and went to Traktor and I really don't see that happening at the moment. However if Serato doesn't get their shit together soon and meet the demands of their customers I could see that happening in the near future.

Hope that answers your question :)
BriChi 12:29 AM - 1 April, 2013
absolutely! thank you for the response, Just like hearing how others do their thing!
DirkDB 11:34 AM - 17 May, 2013
After 7 months Still waiting on an updata to use the HID i d'ont understand that they do nothing at this problem ???? !!!! Please do something or PIONEER or Serato thanks
DJMARKOPOLO 2:25 PM - 17 May, 2013
I'm tired of waiting? I've officially ditched Serato and went out and bought Traktor this morning. Looking forward to staying in this weekend and tweaking it out.

Serato Inc! You sell a product for your users but refuse to hear our cry for usable software that meets our needs. I'm done with you.
DJ Duben De Fresh 4:43 PM - 21 May, 2013
I'm a dj since 1998 also serato user (SL1-2-3-4) and now swith to DDJ SX with Serato DJ for my private gigs but for my clubs gig i just go with my HDD using RB. It's not a big deal but more i'm using RB more i'm getting just to it and that's something that Serato will regret in the future because many of my fellas djs already switch from serato to RB and here i'm talking about 80% serato users. I see sadness on all of you guys. We don't know what's happening with serato's IT department or managing but the show most continue and as a DJ you need to adapt or Die.
DJ Duben De Fresh 4:47 PM - 21 May, 2013
Quote:
I'm a dj since 1998 also serato user (SL1-2-3-4) and now swith to DDJ SX with Serato DJ for my private gigs but for my clubs gig i just go with my HDD using RB. It's not a big deal but more i'm using RB more i'm getting just to it and that's something that Serato will regret in the future because many of my fellas djs already switch from serato to RB and here i'm talking about 80% serato users. I see sadness on all of you guys. We don't know what's happening with serato's IT department or managing but the show most continue and as a DJ you need to adapt or Die.

Hope you can understand. English it's not my language.
DJMikeT 8:29 AM - 23 May, 2013
Wow, I really cannot believe that this issue is not resolved yet! I've been looking more and more into Traktor as an alternative solution. I really like Serato but the lack of support for HID in new products is very disturbing to say the least. It's going on 8 months now without a solution which really sends a strong signal to many Serato users that the company has lost touch with what their customers want and demand.

I sincerely hope that Serato gets their act together and work for a solution.
djjoefresh 5:21 PM - 23 May, 2013
The Serato team's silence is unusual, though I guess there's only so many ways and times they can say "we're working on it".

HID support for the Nexus is going to happen, all we can do is continue to be patient, or look for alternatives in the meantime if it's that important to you.
Code:E 8:01 PM - 23 May, 2013
Making a big sink about it on here and demanding quicker action wont hurt though. But threats to leave are useless.
DJMikeT 9:00 PM - 28 May, 2013
Quote:
The Serato team's silence is unusual, though I guess there's only so many ways and times they can say "we're working on it".

HID support for the Nexus is going to happen, all we can do is continue to be patient, or look for alternatives in the meantime if it's that important to you.

Perhaps you are right djjoefresh, but the undeniable fact remains the Pioneer CDJ2000 Nexus has been out since September of 2012 and we are on the threshold of 9 months of waiting. What this conveys to me and other loyal Serato users is either the disregard for what the customer wants or a total breakdown of managing resources on Serato’s development team.

There is no excuse to have this long of a delay in HID support. Serato should have been more on the ball so to speak with Pioneer to coordinate support for new technology.

With the ever changing culture of DJing into the Digital age and the constant improvement of technology why would anyone want to wait 9 months + on support so they can use the latest and greatest gear?

Going on 9 months is just short of a year and still no support? I’m really having a hard time understanding Serato’s strategy here and furthermore at the very least why couldn’t they at least give some type of feedback as to what is going on. A simple statement of something along the lines of “Hey Serato users we are diligently working on getting you guys support”, would go a hell of a long way.

The silence is not a good thing by any means, usually when a company quits offering support for their products means they are having serious internal problems and possibly on the way to out of business.

Of course this is speculation but you have to admit a lot of users are having these types of thoughts about Serato and many are tired of the lack of support and are moving on to other providers such as Tracktor that already have support for the CDJ2000 Nexus.

In the end, the lack of support is only hurting Serato more.
djjoefresh 11:10 PM - 28 May, 2013
Well said MikeT.
djjoefresh 4:20 AM - 29 May, 2013
btw Chad from Rane said this yesterday:

Quote:
Serato is working on HID support for the nexus. They have some betas internally but no timeframe for official support.

serato.com
DJMikeT 5:23 PM - 29 May, 2013
Quote:

Quote:
Serato is working on HID support for the nexus. They have some betas internally but no timeframe for official support.

serato.com

Just now in the beta stages O.O once again that is unacceptable in my opinion. I really like Serato's software especially since I use the Rane 68 mixer (in one of my setups) but Serato really needs to shift out of reverse and into overdrive on support or they will find themselves in the back of the line before long.
DJMARKOPOLO 7:09 PM - 29 May, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

serato.com

Just now in the beta stages O.O once again that is unacceptable in my opinion. I really like Serato's software especially since I use the Rane 68 mixer (in one of my setups) but Serato really needs to shift out of reverse and into overdrive on support or they will find themselves in the back of the line before long.

Have to agree! They should have had something start of the New Year! 6 months a little too late! But thank goodness for Rekordbox and now Traktor! So great to be plug and play without the extra wires and box set up!
Rane, Support
Chad S. 9:09 PM - 29 May, 2013
Please keep in mind that Serato writes all of the software AND this is a partnership between them and Pioneer. I know for a fact that I don't have full insight to the developement. They are truly the ones who can provide the most accurate answer. I was just sharing the small bit of info I did know, which might not be 100% accurate. What I DO know is that they hear you and are working towards making this available.
Code:E 11:10 PM - 29 May, 2013
Quote:
What I DO know is that they hear you and are working towards making this available.

Well that sounds like we need to be louder and put the fear of GOD into them to get them working quicker :)
Eduardo Serrano 3:02 AM - 13 June, 2013
Guys I suggest you use this in the mean time, it has worked for me perfectly.

Denon DJ DN-HC1000S - MIDI Sub-Controller for Serato™ Scratch Live DJ Software

www.bhphotovideo.com
DJMikeT 3:40 PM - 16 June, 2013
Quote:
Guys I suggest you use this in the mean time, it has worked for me perfectly.

Denon DJ DN-HC1000S - MIDI Sub-Controller for Serato™ Scratch Live DJ Software

www.bhphotovideo.com

Why would you want to use that if you have a CDJ2000 Nexus? All we want is for the native HID to work with it. Getting a Denon controller defeats the whole purpose of what we want. Totally unrelated to this topic.
DJ_T!TZ 12:35 AM - 17 June, 2013
there on it!
tinypic.com
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:17 PM - 17 June, 2013
Told ya ;)
Eduardo Serrano 7:10 PM - 17 June, 2013
Quote:
Why would you want to use that if you have a CDJ2000 Nexus? All we want is for the native HID to work with it. Getting a Denon controller defeats the whole purpose of what we want. Totally unrelated to this topic.

I said in the mean time. Let's see....

- I have Serato
- I have CDJ 2000nexus
- Nexus does not support HID for Serato, therefore I have to use contro CDs
- I HAVE TO USE MY MAC'S KEYBOARD TO CONTROL SERATO
- The Denon DN-HC1000S USB MIDI Sub-Controller controls Serato
- I DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE KEYBOARD ANYMORE, EVERYTHING IS THERE ON THAT UNIT, SIMPLE, QUICK, PERFECT.

I USE THIS UNIT INSTEAD OF THE nexus until we get HID

How is not related?
DJMikeT 4:20 AM - 18 June, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I said in the mean time. Let's see....

- I have Serato
- I have CDJ 2000nexus
- Nexus does not support HID for Serato, therefore I have to use contro CDs
- I HAVE TO USE MY MAC'S KEYBOARD TO CONTROL SERATO
- The Denon DN-HC1000S USB MIDI Sub-Controller controls Serato
- I DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE KEYBOARD ANYMORE, EVERYTHING IS THERE ON THAT UNIT, SIMPLE, QUICK, PERFECT.

I USE THIS UNIT INSTEAD OF THE nexus until we get HID

How is not related?

I guess I must have misunderstood what you meant. I was under the assumption you meant to use the Denon Controller instead of the CJD2000 Nexus. I didn't realize that you were actually using both in tandem. My apologies if I came across as rude.
Eduardo Serrano 2:19 PM - 18 June, 2013
Quote:
I guess I must have misunderstood what you meant. I was under the assumption you meant to use the Denon Controller instead of the CJD2000 Nexus. I didn't realize that you were actually using both in tandem. My apologies if I came across as rude.

@ DJMikeT > No need to apologize man, I can see getting confused, maybe I didn't explained it in a better detail.

But yes, I use this denon unit in addition to the CDJ 2000nexus (with control CDs.) I use it to control Serato, it is much much easier than using the laptop keyboard.
Jake the snake 7:23 AM - 19 June, 2013
Hey, Im just wanting to clarify:

Does Serato work when using control CDs and an SL unit, on the CDJ2000Nxs?

Some say yes and some say no?
Jeff Scott 8:08 AM - 19 June, 2013
Yes, control CDs work completely fine, its the HID mode where you use the 2000NXS as basically as a midi controller that currently doesn't work
BriChi 12:05 PM - 19 June, 2013
yeah jake, they will work as any other cd player would with control discs, those who say they wont work as normal with cd's clearly have no clue what they are doing or talking about, lol
DJMikeT 11:55 PM - 19 June, 2013
@ Eduardo Serrano,

All good bro, just didn't want to seem disrespectful.
OneCrazyDJ 10:48 PM - 26 June, 2013
Let's be realistic. Serato will not come out with an update for the Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs decks period!

Many reasons why this won't happen.

#1) Pioneer's DJM-900nxs & DJM-2000nxs mixers are certified Traktor Scratch Certified Mixers. The intent is to make these mixers with the sound card built in to lure people away from Serato all together.

#2) The Native Instruments & Pioneer teams got together to make HID mode purposely only work for Traktor & Traktor only. I use Traktor and it blows away Serato (even though I use Serato on a basement setup with a Rane TTM 57SL & 2 Technics 1200's).

#3) Pioneer has their own software Rekordbox and wants all the users of the CDJ-2000nxs decks to get used to using it. Rekordbox is a fantastic program. Whether you like it or not, Rekordbox can be used without a laptop after you done analyzing files with your CDJ-2000nxs decks.

#4) Stop begging on this forum, Serato is not going to come out with an update for the Nexus decks to work in HID mode period (refer to reasons #2 & #3). Serato DJ is their new program and that's where they are making their money.

#5) Have fun with Traktor in HID mode or Rekordbox's analyzed files, cause that's all that's left. Either that, or sell or trade your beautiful brand new CDJ-2000nxs decks for a old ass pair of CDJ-2000's to get your HID mode working with Serato. Bad decision if you ask me.

Have fun.
BriChi 10:56 PM - 26 June, 2013
they already have said it will be in the next update so all your points are wrong, sorry to say
Joe Fresh 10:58 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:
they already have said it will be in the next update so all your points are wrong, sorry to say

Yup, Serato confirmed on their Facebook page.
Code:E 11:37 PM - 26 June, 2013
Quote:

I'm not sorry to say OneCrazyDJ is on crazy fool.

Serato has already made it clear that a Nexus update will come with the next major release. Now thats not set in stone, and serato like a woman reserves the right to change their mind. But I would be very surprised if we didn't get an update before the end of summer.
OneCrazyDJ 11:47 PM - 26 June, 2013
All of you are so gullible. How long ago did they say it on their Facebook page? Be realistic. If Serato told you to jump off a bridge, you'd probably all follow them.

They say, they say, they say. That's all I ever hear from you kiss ass Serato users.

Good luck with your dreams of HID mode, while I use Traktor & Rekordbox while you dilly dally around with your stupid timecode CD's in your nice new Nexus decks.
Konix 12:11 AM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
How long ago did they say it on their Facebook page?

About two weeks ago.
Code:E 12:15 AM - 27 June, 2013
Troll. Its one thing to be constructive but you are just trying to start shit for no reason.

Also some of us have no choice but to use serato because NI does not offer features that we require.
DJMikeT 1:31 PM - 27 June, 2013
Quote:
Bad decision if you ask me.

No one asked you, moron!
Joe Fresh 3:46 PM - 27 June, 2013
Let's not get nasty.

The next update to Scratch Live will have HID support.

It will be released when it is stable.

Looking forward to it.
deejdave 9:02 PM - 27 June, 2013
1.) what do mixers have to do with media players?

2.) How would you know what Pioneer & Traktor did together? If they did do this why does it work with other programs already?

3.) You DO NOT need a CDJ-2000 Nexus to analyze. You analyze on your laptop, iphone, etc. Rekordbox is also supported by CDJ-2000, 900, 850, 350, XDJ-Aero, & XDJ-R1 so what's with thinking it is exclusive to the nexus system?

4.) They have already said they are. Don't call people gullible for believing things that HAVE been said by the manufacturers while you are believing things that HAVE NOT been said by anyone.

5.) Nobody asked you.
DJ KOLOS 1:49 AM - 15 July, 2013
Nexus HID is available, too bad I sold my Nexus' 2 days ago. :(

serato.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 1:53 AM - 15 July, 2013
Quote:
Nexus HID is available, too bad I sold my Nexus' 2 days ago. :(

serato.com

Buy it back lol
deejdave 1:54 AM - 15 July, 2013
Quote:
Let's be realistic. Serato will not come out with an update for the Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs decks period!

Many reasons why this won't happen.

#1) Pioneer's DJM-900nxs & DJM-2000nxs mixers are certified Traktor Scratch Certified Mixers. The intent is to make these mixers with the sound card built in to lure people away from Serato all together.

#2) The Native Instruments & Pioneer teams got together to make HID mode purposely only work for Traktor & Traktor only. I use Traktor and it blows away Serato (even though I use Serato on a basement setup with a Rane TTM 57SL & 2 Technics 1200's).

#3) Pioneer has their own software Rekordbox and wants all the users of the CDJ-2000nxs decks to get used to using it. Rekordbox is a fantastic program. Whether you like it or not, Rekordbox can be used without a laptop after you done analyzing files with your CDJ-2000nxs decks.

#4) Stop begging on this forum, Serato is not going to come out with an update for the Nexus decks to work in HID mode period (refer to reasons #2 & #3). Serato DJ is their new program and that's where they are making their money.

#5) Have fun with Traktor in HID mode or Rekordbox's analyzed files, cause that's all that's left. Either that, or sell or trade your beautiful brand new CDJ-2000nxs decks for a old ass pair of CDJ-2000's to get your HID mode working with Serato. Bad decision if you ask me.

Have fun.

@ OneCluelessDJ
BOOGIEFROMCUR 3:18 AM - 15 July, 2013
LOL ... I guess "One CrazyDj" owes the nicer people on this forum a nice apology... by the way my friend I don't know in exactly what way tractor blows Serato away...they both have their strength and weaknesses and are unique in their own ways... but I mix video...can you do that with tractor?
deejdave 7:22 PM - 15 July, 2013
Not one thing he said was constructive or true. Some people just live their lives completely misinformed and ignorant, or just.................. well let's just leave it with misinformed & ignorant.
2:09 AM, 30 Aug 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.