Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

HID conection to pioneer cdj 2000 nexus

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL4
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
victorolle@hotmail.com 10:56 PM - 27 May, 2013
Hi ,
my name is viktor olle .
Since the september 2012 i have been waiting some solution about to connect the pioneer cdj 2000 nexus with hid .
This problem begins to be usual as all the clubs are changing the pioneer cds for cdj2000 nexus.
I can't use control cd's cause i play indie rock and the only way that the latency is similar that i have when i play in original cd is for hid.
I would like to know which solution you can offer me cause i have the database done in serato for about 4000 songs and i'm very happy with your product except in this case.....
Thank you
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:46 PM - 28 May, 2013
Please describe this latency and how it effects Indie rock and not things like hip hop or house. Possibly there is a setting we can tweak.

Serato is working on HID support for the nexus. They have some betas internally but no timeframe for official support.
victorolle@hotmail.com 6:10 PM - 28 May, 2013
I have macbook pro 2.5 ghz i7 8gb only for to play music.
I have configurated the usb buffer size inside serato at 0 and inside audio control panel sl4 the buffer size at 1ms with a sample rate at 96khz
The difference between music styles is when you mix indie like house music (mixing 2 songs for 60 seconds without crossfader and in cd mode not vinyl mode cause i need to correct quickly back and front and in vinyl mode i can't) the indie music hasn't a constant beat like electronic music that's why you have to correct the beat on air with the 2 songs playing at the same time. In hip hop you play with vinyl mode that have better latency than cd mode with cd tempo code
Thanks
Rane, Support
Chad S. 8:00 PM - 28 May, 2013
Hmm, I'm still not sure I understand but thank you for explaining that. I do know that with rock music (live bands) there is a natural swing to the beat and as you said, it is not like a metronome with a steady beat.

Using the cd mode, can you drag or push the jogwheel to make up for the variance in the beat?
victorolle@hotmail.com 8:04 PM - 28 May, 2013
Exactly!!! That's why i need latency 0 ;)
Rane, Support
Chad S. 9:48 PM - 28 May, 2013
You can achieve this with a normal music cd?
victorolle@hotmail.com 3:34 AM - 29 May, 2013
Yes with a normal cd in cd mode i can do it !!!
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:21 PM - 29 May, 2013
Hmm. With any computer, software combination there will be some latency. For most it is not noticable and works great despite the genre they choose. In this case, it seems a bit touchy for you.

The specs on the computer are good, you've adjusted the USB audio buffer but I would suggest also goin into the set-up / playback tab and put a check mark in HiFi Resampler.

Also, what are your estimate sliders set to below each scope view?
victorolle@hotmail.com 6:32 PM - 29 May, 2013
I'm sorry but i have no problem with cdj350 cdj 400 cdj 900 and cdj2000 conected by hid , the latency is perfect!!! The only problem that i have is with cdj 2000 nexus i can't connect!!!
I don't would like to change serato for another soft that works with cdj2000 nexus like mixvibes .
Can you tell me the real date for the update cause it won't be long i can wait and continue carrying my own cdj
Thanks
Rane, Support
Chad S. 9:12 PM - 29 May, 2013
Please keep in mind that Serato writes all of the software AND this is a partnership between them and Pioneer. I know for a fact that I don't have full insight to the developement. They are truly the ones who can provide the most accurate answer. I was just sharing the small bit of info I did know, which might not be 100% accurate. What I DO know is that they hear you and are working towards making this available.
victorolle@hotmail.com 10:07 PM - 29 May, 2013
Thank you so much for the info. I know that is really complicate for u when the people ask u about this big problem and you can't tell more info about that.
You have to understand the users are waiting your solution for too much time .
I repeat , i'm really happy with serato and with your atention trying to help me with a configuration ;)
I'm gonna wait your solution , please let me know when you have more info
Thanks
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:13 PM - 30 May, 2013
Cheers. For now, I'm not sure what to say since we are unable to get this attached with the HID. Your computer is good, the USB audio buffer has been tweaked, there isn't much else to try. Possibly a different USB cord or port on the computer. See if you get better performance from one or the other.
6:00 PM, 13 Jun 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.