Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato Scratch Demo Not working with Pro Tools 7 LE

Product
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
davetheone 2:41 PM - 22 November, 2005
Sorry if this is considered a double post; I wrote support and have recieved no response for one week now.
Serato Scratch Demo not working in Pro Tools LE 7. If I put scratch on an insert/aux play with it and decide not to use it/use another instrument instead it no longer functions when I try to reload it on same insert/aux or any other tracks insert/aux. No sound is produced. I really wanted this app for x-mas. It's kind of still on the list for x-mas but I'm now reluctant because of this. I really would love this plug-in; it is fantastic as a plug-in. I have a tremendous ammount of suggestions for improvement (when in internal mode) In fact; I enjoy this so much I want the live edition too. It would be great if the live edition included the SSE plugin too.
I thank you in advance for your timely response. (x-mas is one month away!!!!)
davetheone 6:51 PM - 22 November, 2005
Anyone? Anyone @ serato can answer this?; I really want the program! Please help.
Serato
dave 8:02 PM - 22 November, 2005
Hi Dave,

Our email support has been sick for a while so I'm sorry that you haven't received a reply yet.

We have not yet rebuilt Scratch studio edition for Pro Tools 7, but that's high on our list on things to do. Keep an eye on our website for the update, hopefully over the next few weeks.

- Dave
davetheone 7:00 PM - 16 January, 2006
Any Progress?
Serato, Moderator
AJ 4:37 AM - 19 January, 2006
Hi Dave,

Our attention has been on rebuilding the new Rane Series plug-ins for PT7, and now that this has been done, we can look at the Scratch studio edition plug-in. Right now, our developers for this project are at the NAMM show, but after their return they will be able to begin the process of updating Scratch studio edition for Pro Tools 7. Stay posted.
tonecontroller 12:15 PM - 19 January, 2006
Hi (Serato) Dave

Thanks for the info, I'm waiting on Scratch for PT7 too.
Urbanboyred 4:47 PM - 3 October, 2006
Hi 'SERATO' Dave!
Just read the above from January.... any progress now we're 10 months down the line?

Is a new version of Scratch SE in the pipeline for ProTools TDM 7.2 on the MacPros? I use Scratch SE all the time with PT 6.4 (Top Product!)and will be taking the plunge to upgrade as soon as Digidesign anounce support for the MacPro, it'd be a shame if I lost SE from my plug-in arsenal due to compatablity issues.

Am I right in assuming you cannot use a mouse instead of Vinyl with Scratch Live - as it's this flexibility I love about SE.

Cheers

Rob.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Goran 9:45 PM - 3 October, 2006
Hello Urban,

Although we have planned rebuilding Scratch SE for PT7, we have been stuck doing Pitch 'n Time LE and some bigger fixes to Pro version, as well as making all the other plug-ins PT7 and Intel Mac compatible. An update is definitely planned.

As far as I know ScratchLIVE can be scratched with a mouse - it's called internal mode. By the way, there is a forum for ScratchLIVE only. You can use the same username
www.scratchlive.net
davetheone 2:35 PM - 5 October, 2006
It has been almost a year since this original post. C'mon guys, don't forget the SSE users! You guys definitley underestimate this program and how useful it can be in the studio for alot of us.

Peace

Dave
Serato
Josh 11:16 PM - 9 October, 2006
We aren't forgetting you davetheone. SSE will get some love, I'll make sure of that :-)