Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

how to record with pioneer djm t1

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL2
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
djmike408 1:07 AM - 6 July, 2012
i have the serato sl 2 the pionner djm t1 mixer and a windows 7 computer i already download audacity so i can record and i have the the cable also i need help so i can record my dj mix
Rane, Support
Chad S. 3:23 PM - 6 July, 2012
Are you using Audacity on a second computer? That is what we recommend.

There are many tutorials available online to help you with Audacity.

Connect an extra line out of your mixer and attach it to the mic input or usb of the second computer you are using Audacity on. From there you record your mix.
djmike408 3:40 PM - 6 July, 2012
Im using it with the same computer i have a new comouter that has 8gb of ram and its the windows dv7 beat by dre one well ive done the recording but the problem is that only the left chamnel records not the right channel on the mixer
Rane, Support
Chad S. 5:07 PM - 6 July, 2012
Try a different cord. Also connect it to something else to see if your output is sending a stereo signal. If not, you have found the problem. If it is then there might be a setting in Audacity that needs tweaking. Using a separate computer is always best.
bicedidit 6:41 PM - 6 July, 2012
Are you recording onto a stereo or mono track?
djmike408 5:32 PM - 7 July, 2012
i tryed playing around with the settings and it just records either the left side on nothing i tryed switching the sound settings on the computer control pannel and it dnt seem too work
djmike408 5:32 PM - 7 July, 2012
i am using stereo track
Rane, Support
Chad S. 3:17 PM - 9 July, 2012
Have you plugged the right output into the left input just to verify your right output of the mixer is sending signal?
djmike408 7:00 PM - 9 July, 2012
Ima upload a video and will put the link so u guys can see wat im dealing with
djmike408 8:27 PM - 9 July, 2012
Rane, Support
Chad S. 9:16 PM - 9 July, 2012
It's set to private.
djmike408 6:14 AM - 10 July, 2012
djmike408 6:14 AM - 10 July, 2012
Ohh sorry try now
phatbob 12:14 PM - 10 July, 2012
The connection on the front of the mixer is an input TO the mixer, not an output FROM the mixer.

To record the overall mixed output of the mixer in an analogue way you need to connect to Master 2 on the rear of the mixer.

But you're better off using the built in USB audio interface in the mixer.

You're only getting one channel at a time through the mixer's built in audio interface because that's setup to send each channel seperately, you need to install the mixer's utility software and change that to Rec output.

If your mixer didn't come with a manual I suggest you google Pioneer DJM-T1 Manual. A PDF version is the first result. All the info you need is in there.
djmike408 4:36 PM - 10 July, 2012
So would that mean i can record just using the usb or would i still have to connect it to the master out with rca to record?
phatbob 5:38 PM - 10 July, 2012
You can do it all via USB. You're already doing that in your video when you switch the record source to the DJM-T1, but you need to configure the mixer with that Pioneer software.
djmike408 7:58 PM - 10 July, 2012
Uhmm is there a way u can help me do that would it help me out please
phatbob 10:30 PM - 10 July, 2012
I don't actually own a T1, I was just referring to the manual.

That goes into all the steps you need to do, in far more depth than I'd be able to here... It's got pictures and everything!
Rane, Support
Chad S. 10:36 PM - 10 July, 2012
You might also try pioneer tech support. Phatbob has been doing a bang up job though ;)
djmike408 10:51 PM - 10 July, 2012
Yea ive looked up the manuel and i cant find wat i need to do for it so the two channels can work i have also send pioneer tech support my problem hopefully they help like u did thanks phatbob and chad
gcastro723 10:33 PM - 24 December, 2012
I know this is old, but there is a way to record with the T1. Not within SL, but you can via USB. Since you're only using USB for Midi and not audio, you can set up an external program to record. Make sure you set the program to use "DJM-T1 CH 4/5 (mac)" or "DJM-T1 CH 5/6(Pc)" USB Audio.
Josiah Boziah 6:53 AM - 20 August, 2015
@gcastro723 i am have the same issue as djmike408, only the left channel records and not the right channel on the mixer using audacity. I am recording on same laptop serato dj is installed,I tried using a second laptop and it works. I really dont want to carry 2 laptops. Have detailed instruction on how to make it work?
DJ Tecniq 12:06 AM - 15 September, 2015
Have you updated the drivers for your Rane box Josiah?
Josiah Boziah 11:04 PM - 1 November, 2015
No i have not i will do that...