DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ableton 8.4 (64 bits) won't support The Bridge

Johann Franz 4:17 PM - 4 July, 2012
Here is the link:

www.ableton.com

We can not use it in future 64-bit.
nik39 10:16 PM - 4 July, 2012
It doesn't say anything about the future.. It mentions that Ableton is working with their partners to resolve these issues (not only bridge but als m4l does not work correctly with AL 64).
Johann Franz 10:23 PM - 4 July, 2012
We will see if it is true
REDSELECTER 1:52 PM - 5 July, 2012
I think perhaps Serato should offer some official clarification on this
XRM5 2:44 PM - 5 July, 2012
It's the strongest official hint in ages that anything at all is going to be done about the Bridge. I took that as a little bit of a good sign. And anything they do now would hopefully include Itch from the jump.

Hopefully.
Dax 7:29 AM - 6 July, 2012
Quote:
It doesn't say anything about the future.. It mentions that Ableton is working with their partners to resolve these issues (not only bridge but als m4l does not work correctly with AL 64).

i'm with you on that,i cant see Ableton dropping the Bridge and no way will M4L be cut.
at the moment Ableton just want to get the 64bit beta working tight first,then once thats all working the Bridge and max will come.

taken from the ableton link at top of this post "Serato mixes saved in .als (Ableton Live Set) format can still be opened in the 64-bit version of Live and will work as expected."

so to me that looks like Ableton still plan to include it later.
Dax 7:34 AM - 6 July, 2012
Quote:
I think perhaps Serato should offer some official clarification on this

or lets as all know if Ableton and Serato are still talking,having meeting and doing what developers do when working with each other.
phatbob 11:51 AM - 6 July, 2012
This is from Scott S at Serato in a help thread:

Quote:
The Bridge hasn't had a lot of love lately (we have been working on bigger and better things) and the last update for The Bridge was quite a while ago, so I'm sure there might are a few bugs lying around that might have slipped out.

Quote:
We don't know whether The Bridge will ever get a overhaul, as its in need of one! So at this stage we can only hope that Ableton get back with us for creating another great product! Lets hope so :)

Sorry for being vague, but thats all the information we have right now.

Doesn't sound the Bridge is a very high priority for Ableton or Serato right now. Hopefully we'll get something special when Live 9 FINALLY comes out.
XRM5 3:00 PM - 6 July, 2012
It's been hard to figure both of their priorities out for a while, but there are finally good signs coming from each.

Maybe the heat from Traktor 2.5 combined with the need to just get things working again will bring some good news.
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:24 AM - 13 July, 2012
Thanks phatbob but that was slightly out of context, I was referring to a user who had a specific problem with an earlier version of The Bridge.

However you are half right, it is not a top priority for us at this specific point in time, but this does not mean we are dropping support from the pre-8.4 (32bit) versions and does not mean that we won't work together again to bring out a newer release of The Bridge.

The 64-bit version of Live 8.4 does not support The Bridge. Serato and Ableton are currently working together to add support for The Bridge plugin.

Cheers :)
Dax 6:06 AM - 13 July, 2012
Quote:
Thanks phatbob but that was slightly out of context, I was referring to a user who had a specific problem with an earlier version of The Bridge.

However you are half right, it is not a top priority for us at this specific point in time, but this does not mean we are dropping support from the pre-8.4 (32bit) versions and does not mean that we won't work together again to bring out a newer release of The Bridge.

The 64-bit version of Live 8.4 does not support The Bridge. Serato and Ableton are currently working together to add support for The Bridge plugin.

Cheers :)

thanks Scott thats just what i wanted to hear.
Johann Franz 8:12 AM - 13 July, 2012
Quote:
Serato and Ableton are currently working together to add support for The Bridge plugin.

Thank you for this words.
Johann Franz 8:12 AM - 13 July, 2012
Quote:
Serato and Ableton are currently working together to add support for The Bridge plugin.

Thank you for this words.
monchi 11:36 PM - 24 November, 2012
Well this was back in July. Any updates Scott?
monchi 4:51 AM - 26 November, 2012
Serato?????????????????????
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:07 PM - 27 November, 2012
Hi monchi,

The 64-bit version of Live 8.4 does not support The Bridge. If you wish to use The Bridge with Scratch Live you will need to use a version of Ableton Live that is lower than version 8.4.

Scott
monchi 11:24 PM - 27 November, 2012
Thanks Scott, already ordered 8.2 full version. Next on the agenda all and any midi associated with Abelton ! Thanks buddy..
djcrap 7:15 PM - 29 November, 2012
Quote:
Hi monchi,

The 64-bit version of Live 8.4 does not support The Bridge. If you wish to use The Bridge with Scratch Live you will need to use a version of Ableton Live that is lower than version 8.4.

Scott

so basically what you are implying is that even Ableton 9 will never ever work with the bridge at all.
S4racen 9:51 AM - 7 December, 2012
There is a 32 bit version of Live 9 as well....

Cheers
D
djdannyd 7:10 AM - 15 December, 2012
Unless a new SSL version running 64 bit is unveiled at Namm 2013