Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Itch + Mac + NS6 4 Decks + Effect Section Problem with "View"

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Ben-i 9:00 PM - 19 June, 2012
I dont need 4 Decks to play. The problem is: I use a 13" Macbook pro and cant see Waveforms, Browser and Effect Section at once. I always have to switch the view to toggle between Browser and Waveforms.

If i like to change effects, i have to use the mouse or touchpad to get effect section.

When i change the "view", the effect section will be lost till i click it again with mouse or touchpad.

Thats not accectable. Why are the 4 Decks always there and there´s no option to change between 2 and 4 Decks?

Please tell me when you will do an update to switch between decks because it´s not possible to work fine with this issue...

Thanks in advance and brgds.
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:14 AM - 20 June, 2012
Hi there Ben-i,

The reason why there is 4 decks on ITCH when you plug in the NS6, is because there are 4 decks on the NS6. ITCH reads the controller you have plugged in and bases its interface off that.

There is no way to only use '2 deck mode' on a 4 deck controller. As the 4 decks are always available on the controller. If you were in 2 deck mode and you pressed the button for the 3rd or 4th deck on the NS6, ITCH would most likely crash.

If you need a lot of lines in the library view, then make sure the library view mode is on the 'track only' view (furthest left view option) and the furthest left Waveform/deck view is selected. This will allow you to see the most of your library with the 4 decks.

Sorry that this has caused you an inconvenience, but this is how ITCH has been designed to work with the controllers. We base our GUI off of a Macbook Pro 13" screen as well (we all have them in the Serato offices), so it is not "impossible" to use.

Hope this clears things up!
Cheers :)
Ben-i 10:29 AM - 20 June, 2012
Hi there,

thats very sadly because in this thread: serato.com
comes an update for this problem since 7 Month.

Dera Serato,
please call VDJ and ask for the GUI they use. There´s no Problem to change Resolution or switching between 2-6 Decks.

It´s very bad that your college tells the crowd since 7 Month that an update will come.
Here in Germany we call that a "lie".

Now i will sell my NS6 because i dont like a controller wich is not "impossible" to use.

I like to have equipment wich i can use for daily gigs, without thinking about usability.

That´s it.
Rusha 11:23 AM - 20 June, 2012
Sorry guys but i have had the same bug when I used NS6 with my 13" MB Pro.
It should be normal that I always had to Switch to FX-Mode manually? It always dissappears when I change the view!

Serato Itch is the best DJ-Software but it also has a lot of bugs.

This guy sales his NS6 and will change to Traktor and it doesnt interest you? We pay much money for products which are not useable. Sorry but thats the wrong Way Serato! :(
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:32 PM - 20 June, 2012
Thanks for your feedback guys, but I think you misinterpreted that thread.

Quote:
thats very sadly because in this thread: serato.com
comes an update for this problem since 7 Month.

Im sorry, but nowhere in that thread does any member from Serato say that this was going to be fixed 7 months ago.

Quote:
It´s very bad that your college tells the crowd since 7 Month that an update will come.
Here in Germany we call that a "lie".

Again, no one said 7 months ago that this was going to be fixed. You just assumed. Here in New Zealand we call this "jumping the gun".

If you read Logan's response it actually says "We would like to add this in a future version but unfortunately I can't be any more specific with a date right now".

Then he continues to say "Just an up-date. We haven't forgot about this it's on our list, I just can't give you any sort of date or time line" - Which is true. We know about this issue, we are very aware of it. However we just have a lot of other projects that are higher priority than using 2 decks on a 4 channel controller.

Sorry for the confusion, but we are working on it. Its just we are not able to give you a date on when this would be released!

Cheers :)
12:00 AM, 5 Jul 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.