Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

2 decks only for NS6 itch software or Serato DJ Intro compatibility?

Trumbot 7:52 AM - 9 November, 2011
Hi,

I have previously asked about view options for the NS6 in Itch. As someone who doesn't use 4 decks 95% of the time, it's unacceptable to have so much screen real estate taken up by empty decks. I love Itch, I love the NS6, but this issue bugs the hell out of me. Please don't say to buy an NS7 as I already have one and need a more portable backup.
I have not heard anything about this being worked into the next Itch version, so when I saw the Serato DJ Intro being released, I was curious to know if it could be used with the NS6. I desperately need a 2 deck option for my NS6. Please tell me that one of these solutions is being worked on, or I'll be looking to sell my NS6.
ifusion 8:36 AM - 9 November, 2011
I was just about to write about this. Is there no way you can disable the 3rd and 4th decks?
Trumbot 9:30 AM - 9 November, 2011
Not at the moment, no. I've been asking since the NS6 was released but there is no solution yet.
G Man 6:36 PM - 9 November, 2011
Trumbot. I just bought the NS6 and hooked it up last night for the 1st time. I had the same question. Can I disable decks 3&4? It does take up a lot of space.
Trumbot 1:16 PM - 10 November, 2011
I know, G Man, it sucks. It's caused me to basically shelve the NS6 in favor of lugging around my NS7, despite the NS7's weight in a flight case. When using the NS6 I'd been pressing the "view" button on the decks VERY often in order to get more space for browsing and then mixing. It's really annoying too how when you cycle through the view options, you have to re-click the FX box to see the FX even if you've had it out when leaving the screen.

Serato, there has just got to be a solution to this and quick.
bwsdj 9:04 PM - 10 November, 2011
I think the 2 deck only view mode is deff in the works, with as many complaints/requests they have been getting about it. Will deff be a major plus to have that option. You would think that even though the NS6 has 4 deck capability they would have had the 2 deck only option available from the get go.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:09 AM - 11 November, 2011
Hey guys,

We are aware of the popular request for two-deck view mode with the NS6. We would like to add this in a future version but unfortunately I can't be any more specific with a date right now. There are a couple technical limitations we are facing but we will keep working on it :)
Trumbot 4:42 PM - 11 November, 2011
Are there any plans to allow Serato DJ Intro to run on Itch controllers like the NS6 or NS7?
Dirty Johnson 8:36 PM - 11 November, 2011
Quote:
Hey guys,

We are aware of the popular request for two-deck view mode with the NS6. We would like to add this in a future version but unfortunately I can't be any more specific with a date right now. There are a couple technical limitations we are facing but we will keep working on it :)

How bout the interface to look like the SSL interface and if not what about mapping the platter from SSL to NS6 platter control. I have the SL1 box and love the compact design of the NS6 this would give me a great mobile setup. I like itch but it seems as though it still has bugs. You guys can't lose cause that means 2 piece's of hardware to purchase from you for us Scratch Live guys.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:24 PM - 13 November, 2011
Quote:
Are there any plans to allow Serato DJ Intro to run on Itch controllers like the NS6 or NS7?

No there isn't. ITCH has a lot more functions/features than DJ Intro so if you had an ITCH controller you would essentially be downgrading.

Quote:
How bout the interface to look like the SSL interface and if not what about mapping the platter from SSL to NS6 platter control. I have the SL1 box and love the compact design of the NS6 this would give me a great mobile setup. I like itch but it seems as though it still has bugs. You guys can't lose cause that means 2 piece's of hardware to purchase from you for us Scratch Live guys.

There are no immediate plans for platter mapping support in Scratch Live. Though it's certainly not something we have ruled out. If you are having problems with the NS6 i recommend starting a help thread and we can see if we can sort it out for you :)
Trumbot 10:20 PM - 13 November, 2011
It would be a downgrade, yes. However, it would let me use only two decks on my screen which would be a big upgrade from what Itch is now on my ns6.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:23 PM - 13 November, 2011
Quote:
It would be a downgrade, yes. However, it would let me use only two decks on my screen which would be a big upgrade from what Itch is now on my ns6.

It would be the same issue as we have with ITCH. It will come but there are a couple obstacles to overcome that's all :)
11:00 PM, 27 Nov 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
Trumbot 3:25 PM - 1 March, 2012
Is this coming any time soon? I have a big gig coming up that's a flight away and really dont want to fly with my ns7.
dj-freestyle 4:12 PM - 1 March, 2012
I was told numark would have to do a firmware update also to allow for that function witch makes sense otherwise you could have the deck hidden and still accidently load a song into that deck and it be playing without seeing it. could cause some issues so hiding the deck would also mean when you hide it that deck doesnt work and that has to come from numark i would guess.
Manny C dot com 11:33 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
There are a couple technical limitations we are facing

Are you kidding me???

For Christ's sake, just write some code to include a little triangle to collapse and hide that part of the GUI, and call it a day already!!!
DJPrice_inMD 3:04 PM - 2 March, 2012
No two deck mode is one of the main reasons I didn't purchase a NS6. The sampler and the Aux input that is channel assignable more than covers my needs on the NS7.

DJ Freestyle is correct on this being a firmware issue though in my opinion. Given that the machine is built and designed as a 4-channel, it seems that it would literally need the decks "turned off" on the controller. I could be completely wrong, but Serato just isn't going to tag this onto the end of an update, they will do it correctly when they do it.
DJ Sinclair 7:37 PM - 2 March, 2012
I just think, once you switch the switch to an external source, it should minimize, or shrink to 1/10th the size, if you roll over it perhaps it shows a small message that says it's on external source mode. You'd also disable the deck swap button, so you can't swap to a deck that's currently assigned to an external source....
King Raffi 6:39 PM - 3 March, 2012
I'm blown away that is wasn't part of the original design. I thought I was the only one on earth with this frustration.
Manny C dot com 9:46 PM - 3 March, 2012
Quote:
I'm blown away that is wasn't part of the original design. I thought I was the only one on earth with this frustration.

EVERYONE has had this frustration since day 1.

NOBODY has yet to fix it since day 1.
Dj JustNyce 7:23 AM - 4 March, 2012
I have a suggestion which is not meant to disrespect Serato & I hope I am not breaking any forum rules, but I also use Virtual Dj with the NS6. You can configure the amount of decks you want & you can use your Serato Crates,
DJPrice_inMD 8:51 PM - 4 March, 2012
Seriously, I am looking into buying a second itch controller as a backup and considered the NS6, but I simply keep coming back to this thread and this issue. This mixer would also be the centerpiece to a full second setup (i'm a mobile DJ and own all my own equipment) with a MBA 11" for the DJ I am training, but 4 decks on an 11 inch screen just doesnt seem feasible.
Manny C dot com 12:45 AM - 5 March, 2012
This piece was OBVIOUSLY rushed out the door. I refuse to believe that nobody on the Serato/Numark team foresaw this problem during their beta testing of the NS6. There is no excuse for this. We have come to expect better from Serato. Sam Gribben should be hanging his head in shame right now. #YouGuysAreFuckingUp
dj-freestyle 4:17 PM - 5 March, 2012
it was sold as a 4 deck controller. not a 2 deck controller. seems simple idea to me. lol
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 4:04 AM - 6 March, 2012
Like I've mentioned already, it's a little more complicated than it might first sound. We want this to happen, but unfortunately it's not quite as simple as flicking that magic code switch ;) It's not a top priority right now but it is on our list. We are hearing you guys!

Would you guys rather have it so that it actually disables the other two decks when in two-deck mode? Would it always be the primary decks that are left?
Manny C dot com 4:28 AM - 6 March, 2012
Can I get a nomination for "most over-the-top / in need of a chill pill" commenter of the week? Thanks.

Anyway, thanks for response, Logan.

Frankly, I'd settle for just being able to hide the lower 2 decks. Anything beyond that, would be gravy.
DJ Sinclair 11:19 AM - 6 March, 2012
My preference would be that if you switch a deck to external source, it minimizes, as I mostly play with 2, but sometimes 3, rarely 4. I agree though with Manny, at a minimum, just being able to hid the two lower decks would be snazzy indeed. I have my font setting to absolute minimum so I can see the library, and of course, now that I have been testing the beta video elements, it's a real tight squeeze!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:44 PM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
Can I get a nomination for "most over-the-top / in need of a chill pill" commenter of the week? Thanks.
Yeah you're definitely up there with that last comment.
Let's just file it under 'Passion for the product' :P

Interesting idea DJ Sinclair but I can see that being quite CPU intensive on your computer. I think the two-deck option would be the best/easiest option.

Quote:
I have my font setting to absolute minimum so I can see the library, and of course, now that I have been testing the beta video elements, it's a real tight squeeze!!

It's sort of an unsupported feature but depending on what screen resolution and ITCH display mode you are in, you can sometimes Shift + Click on the the waveform to make it slightly thinner which frees up a little more space for your library etc.
Manny C dot com 9:56 AM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:
Like I've mentioned already, it's a little more complicated than it might first sound.

i.imgur.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 8:45 PM - 7 March, 2012
Hahaha. Love it.
Spazialex ViJ 12:19 AM - 9 March, 2012
I Want Work With:
ITCH
NS6
2 DECKS
Serato Video
Simple Sync
It's Possible disable the useless 4 deck
Videomix It's my religion
Fawkesy 1:55 AM - 11 March, 2012
How about
ITCH
NS6
4 DECKS with 2 OPTIONAL REMOVABLE DECKS which could make room for
THE BRIDGE and my APC 40
Fawkesy 2:00 AM - 11 March, 2012
Quote:
How about
ITCH
NS6
4 DECKS with 2 OPTIONAL REMOVABLE DECKS which could make room for
THE BRIDGE and my APC 40

Just realized the forum thinks I'm shouting because of my capital letters. For the record I'm totally calm and not shouting out my wishes..
DJPrice_inMD 2:41 PM - 12 March, 2012
I would prefer just to see it as an option where they' re minimized or something and when in this mode the channels are simply switched OFF or into AUX. With this way the functionality can be easily accessed if I needed to mix more sources, but primarily I just do 2 channels. But I am simply a sideline commentator giving some input as someone interested in the NS6 as a potential backup controller. I love the build and features on the NS6 but I would probably be using it with a 13" screen so 4 channels on screen all the time is a deal breaker.
DJ Sinclair 6:06 AM - 16 March, 2012
Quote:
I would prefer just to see it as an option where they' re minimized or something and when in this mode the channels are simply switched OFF or into AUX. With this way the functionality can be easily accessed if I needed to mix more sources, but primarily I just do 2 channels. But I am simply a sideline commentator giving some input as someone interested in the NS6 as a potential backup controller. I love the build and features on the NS6 but I would probably be using it with a 13" screen so 4 channels on screen all the time is a deal breaker.

Yup +1 to that
Serato, Support
Martin C 3:17 AM - 19 March, 2012
Hey guys, just popping in to say, I completely agree, 2 deck mode would be brilliant :)
VinnyBlanc 3:55 PM - 19 March, 2012
I wouldn't mind a flip the switch from PC to line triggers a hide/disable deck.
Maybe even a prompt to choose.
magplus80 6:51 AM - 22 March, 2012
Any news with respect to 2 deck configuration? This 4 deck interface takes up valuable space on my monitor.
DJ.Tyme 1:17 AM - 23 March, 2012
this iz (the only main reason) i haven't bought the NS6 hello wake up numark & serato
dj-freestyle 4:42 PM - 23 March, 2012
main reason. thats seems strange. its just a screen thing but not a huge deal.
VinnyBlanc 5:05 PM - 23 March, 2012
Very annoying that you can only view ~5 tracks at a time in the browse window while on a mbp 13".
dj-freestyle 5:55 PM - 23 March, 2012
Just change deck view and you get more.
VinnyBlanc 6:12 PM - 23 March, 2012
Shouldn't have to if 1/3 of the screen is being taken up by dead space. Obviously I change VIEW for song selection but you get the point.
Trumbot 8:12 AM - 26 March, 2012
4.5 months later, is something coming soon?
Trumbot 8:13 AM - 26 March, 2012
4.5 months later, is something coming soon?
Djtrampa 4:22 AM - 9 April, 2012
I just install the 2.2 video serato to my ns6 and is hard to have it with the video cross fader an all 4deck open when I never used the 3 and 4 ... I but the ns6 for the used of four channel mixer (more imput) I have a ls1 and ls3 with a two channel mixer I love serato scrach live wave make it easy for me to mix (am not a itch fan 2.0, 2.1 and new 2.2) there are some think's I dont like on the Ns6 like using the channel 3,4 for mike? were do the 4 deck control go to.. also I like to make my loop's manualy but It dont show the BPM I'm looping on and it will be nice to offload channel 3 and 4 just to come on went you prest LAYER KEY and if you can make the video effect to work with fx select control on the ns6 will be nice I both the ns6 because of the sice is a nice pcs to have ( it be nice if I can midi map with the ls1 or ls3) and used it for video mixing.. jsut remove deck 3and 4 and change the wave like the serato intro or serato scratch live in between deck's.

thank Serato
DjTrampa
Danger 3:56 PM - 12 April, 2012
Any option that could keep the two decks out of sight, even just another layer button on the top that only shows decks one and two. Disabling decks 3 & 4 when not in use is definitely a secondary issue that can be addressed later, I just want some screen real estate for an easier flow. Loving my NS6 and ITCH, this is my only real complaint with ITCH so far.
tmyers257 10:18 PM - 14 April, 2012
I am so glad I found this discussion board... I've been internally frustrated for months about not having enough space on my screen to see my effect, sampler, and waveforms etc. Serato Please help us with a 2 deck option... Honestly to me its more important than video!
djvuuk 11:14 PM - 19 April, 2012
I would be really surprised, but I don't think that Serato guys will ever do it. (disabling decks 3 and 4). Beside NS6 I own a pair of V7's, how many times the V7 users complain about remote cross fader not working, respond from Searato was: "Unfortunately this is a bug with the software which is being fixed for an upcoming ITCH release. The reason there is a manual entry for this is because it is a feature of the hardware although currently a problem in software is causing this function to not work correctly." Since than Serato released four version of ITCH still no fix.
dj-freestyle 11:18 PM - 19 April, 2012
Its not serato , its numark. i was told by serato there has to be a firmware update to do this first
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:29 AM - 24 April, 2012
Hey djvuuk,

Can you link to me where you saw that statement? I am not quite up to speed about the issue you are referring to.
magplus80 5:34 AM - 24 April, 2012
Any option that could keep the two decks out of sight, even just another layer button on the top that only shows decks one and two. Disabling decks 3 & 4 when not in use is definitely an annoying issue that should be addressed promptly, I just need some more screen space for optimal visual of files etc.... Loving my NS6 and ITCH, this is my only real complaint with ITCH so far.
Trumbot 5:44 AM - 24 April, 2012
So is this problem a Numark problem, Serato problem, or both? Should we be bugging Numark for a firmware update as well? I just really want this issue over and done with so I will love the NS6 as much (well, almost as much) as I love my NS7!
mayo 5:45 AM - 24 April, 2012
Nice to see this topic is at the top of the discussion list - crazy that the problem was not sorted in the last 3 or more updates ..why does it keep on getting overlooked ?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 6:10 AM - 24 April, 2012
Hey guys,

Just an up-date. We haven't forgot about this it's on our list, I just can't give you any sort of date or time line - I know that's a bit frustrating but it'll happen guys :)
dj-freestyle 4:16 PM - 24 April, 2012
@logan, thnak you. At first was a issue to me really but with video its almost has to be done.
Manny C dot com 6:39 PM - 24 April, 2012
Seriously, we would all settle for simply "hiding" decks 3 and 4 if not outright disabling them.
magplus80 9:49 PM - 24 April, 2012
I totally agree! It's about time this problem is properly addressed!
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:11 PM - 25 April, 2012
Hey guys,

Since I can't really help you guys much more on this issue at this point, this isn't really a "help request" as such.

However it is definitely important this issue is still discussed, so I will move this into the ITCH general discussion. Thanks :)
11:13 PM, 25 Apr 2012
Discussion moved to ITCH General Discussion
djvuuk 6:00 PM - 28 April, 2012
Quote:
Hey djvuuk,

Can you link to me where you saw that statement? I am not quite up to speed about the issue you are referring to.

serato.com
dj lashes 8:59 PM - 28 April, 2012
would it not be better to just make deck 3 & 4 smaller so they can stll be used at anytime but with less visual info ?
dj lashes 9:00 PM - 28 April, 2012
^ this way there is no firmware update just the GUI
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:15 AM - 30 April, 2012
Hey djvuuk, thanks for that. So have you had the fader working in an older version of ITCH?

If so, what version?

What kind of mixer are you using with your V7s?
DJred24 4:44 AM - 30 April, 2012
Guys look, you bought a 4 channel. Myself I've had NS6 now xone dx. Now I wish I would have holded for s 2 channel Vci.
DJred24 4:45 AM - 30 April, 2012
So 2 deck option should be an option why not. Traktor has it. Well apple to oranges pick your fruit , your prob not getting both in 1 basket.
dj-freestyle 3:31 PM - 30 April, 2012
or let us use mix emergency and then problem solved since you can move video stuff around in mix emergency. sorry had to go there, lol lol lol
magfox131 11:15 PM - 30 April, 2012
I was so disappointed also not to switch on 2decks view only i use a Videomixing everytime i had a gig!! when is the feature available on2 decks mode only?
djvuuk 5:58 AM - 3 May, 2012
Quote:
Hey djvuuk, thanks for that. So have you had the fader working in an older version of ITCH?

If so, what version?

What kind of mixer are you using with your V7s?

I've never had remote crossfader work with any version of itch. I use pioneer djm-700 with my v7's.
signs 8:26 AM - 3 May, 2012
completely disabeling Deck 3 & 4 will be shit. Just hide it in the GUI. Would be much better!

I also like the Idea dj lashes posted

Quote:

would it not be better to just make deck 3 & 4 smaller so they can stll be used at anytime but with less visual info ?

Only one line with info. No Waveforms. only Show Title, Artist and Time Left.

that would be great
magfox131 12:12 PM - 3 May, 2012
I both a Numark Ns6 April 29,2012, and i return it MAY 1,2012 i was so disappointed also of 4 decks i was so expecting that there is a setting or option to make it 2 Decks i do a Video mixing also so meaning only 5 left Video track could be seen on my screen even if in MP3 files not much space to be seen on the bottom of ITCH.
DJ Infinity 8:14 PM - 3 May, 2012
I know most of you use laptops however I am lucky enough to use a Mac-Mini with a HP LP2465. I set my screen res. to 1280X960 (stretched) and I have enough room for everything comfortably. Even to browse tracks.
hamplifier 10:50 PM - 3 May, 2012
so many complaints about just having two deck view, you bought a 4 deck controller use 4 decks, if you wanted just two you should have bought the ns7
VinnyBlanc 10:58 PM - 3 May, 2012
Hamp obviously doesn't have a MBP 13. I shouldn't only be able to see 3 songs in my library at a time. I understand there are other views...
hamplifier 11:00 PM - 3 May, 2012
lol no i have a 15 inch widescreen , i see what all the complaining is about now if you all have 13 inch screens
djvuuk 1:55 AM - 4 May, 2012
Quote:
so many complaints about just having two deck view, you bought a 4 deck controller use 4 decks, if you wanted just two you should have bought the ns7

Than you obviously don't know what is the difference between those two besides two and four decks. In your opinion if I have 4 channels mixer I should run 4 turntables all the time. What if I want to run NS6 with two turn tables, or two cdj's or add a mike, in my opinion there should be an option to turn deck 3 and 4 off. Like Dj JustNyce already said if VDJ can do it than Serato can do it too.
magfox131 2:04 AM - 4 May, 2012
Its just simple explanation 4 decks is okay what i'm trying to clear is if they could put a SETTINGS that could you use 2 DECKS for example TRAKTOR PRO & VDJ they have OPTION to choose from 4 decks to 2 decks ...
djvuuk 2:06 AM - 4 May, 2012
Quote:
Its just simple explanation 4 decks is okay what i'm trying to clear is if they could put a SETTINGS that could you use 2 DECKS for example TRAKTOR PRO & VDJ they have OPTION to choose from 4 decks to 2 decks ...

+1
djvuuk 11:15 PM - 6 May, 2012
I knew it. Serato "Our product developers are aware of this '2 deck for 4 deck controllers' request, however i am unable to say if or when this feature will be implemented in a future release."
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:49 AM - 7 May, 2012
Thanks for that V7 info djvuuk,

I will make a note of this, as I believe this was something mistakenly put in the manual at the time, but the feature was never implemented.

I will log it, so that hopefully one day it will make it into a future version of ITCH, however I couldn't say for sure when this will happen unfortunately.
hamplifier 8:49 PM - 7 May, 2012
Quote:

I will log it, so that hopefully one day it will make it into a future version of ITCH, however I couldn't say for sure when this will happen unfortunately.

lol the standard serato reply
DJ Trip Digit 7:28 PM - 8 May, 2012
I want to make sure I understand these posts before I comment....Is it that you can have ONLY 2 decks with the NS7 and ONLY 4 with NS6?
hamplifier 7:32 PM - 8 May, 2012
yes thats right
DJ Trip Digit 9:39 PM - 8 May, 2012
Thanx! That saved me some embarrassment!
DJ Profitt 5:33 PM - 21 May, 2012
This should be a simple enough fix, considering the following - not only have both Traktor and VDJ (which I also use) have the option to assign (VDJ says left & right deck, 1&2, or 3&4, the latter two disabling 4 deck features) but in VDJ, you have the option of having a 2, 4 or hell, even 6 deck skin. Considering this is a MIDI controller, therefore feeding a signal via USB, I don't see the concerns in rely or demanding this of Numark.
Simply put (and maybe simply due to my ignorance as to how these things work) when you look at the skin, if you have any of the decks turned off, the waveform area is grayed out. I imagine using either the Deck 3 or 4 PC/Line setting on the NS6 could enable/disable the GUI deck, meaning if no midi signal is being sent (while in Line/Mic mode on the actual NS6 [the wavefrom area on the GUI reads Thru I believe]) then the deck does not appear on screen. This serves also as a great way to help us determine if a deck is active, frees up library real estate and like someone mentioned before, if I am using decks 3 & 4 for either mics OR external vinyl/CDJ usage, why should it continue to stay on the screen? If the switch is turned to Line/Mic on the NS6, you can't load a song to it on Itch, so just automatically hide it. Hell, if you unplug any audio interface the automatic change in the GUI is that the HARDWARE is disconnected, whether RANE or Numark has manufactured it, so no signal=different GUI (2 or 4 decks vs one deck).

Also, since we are talking about the GUI and possible (hopeful!) changes, how about allowing us to set up cue points while the hardware is not connected like in version 1.8? At least that's how it appears on my PC (bootcamped MBP) versus the 2.2 version on Mac. If I am wrong on any of these topics it's due to me trying to fill all my library real estate in VDJ 7, waiting on Version 8. Yes, I'd love to use Itch, but not at the sacrifice of 20 tracks listed in VDJ vs about 12 or less in Itch
dj-freestyle 5:48 PM - 21 May, 2012
@dj profit, you can set cue points offline in itch.
DJ Profitt 5:52 PM - 21 May, 2012
hmmmmm I don't seem to be able to do that on the Mac side but I will check again, thanks @dj-freestyle
DJ Profitt 6:17 PM - 21 May, 2012
@dj-freestyle - I'm on the Mac side and I don not see how I can set up cue points offline, I saw it on Windows in version 1.8 but I have Mac 2.2 installed
phatbob 6:23 PM - 21 May, 2012
Expand the rectangle next to the track info.
DJ Profitt 6:24 PM - 21 May, 2012
Well then....thanks! @phatbob
signs 6:35 PM - 21 May, 2012
… or by pressing the corresponding CUE-Point shortcut (1-5)
DJ Profitt 6:43 PM - 21 May, 2012
@signs....offline means not having to connect the NS6
phatbob 6:45 PM - 21 May, 2012
Hotkeys do still work offline too. You might need to use shift or caps lock if you have 'playback keys use shift' enabled.
signs 6:52 PM - 21 May, 2012
@ DJ Profitt:
you can also jump to your CUE-Points by pressing the Button's 1-5 for Deck 1 and 6 - 0 for Deck 2 on your Keyboard ;)

But if you have "Playback keys use shift" enabled you have to use SHIFT + 1 for first Cue-Point of Deck1.
DJ Profitt 6:55 PM - 21 May, 2012
cool, thanks @signs, I've always used VDJ and knew I could do that but was disappointed with Itch so far until I got these great tips, now let's fix this 2 deck vs 4 deck GUI!
dj lashes 7:46 PM - 21 May, 2012
i was only away for a few hrs this discussion got hot lol
DJ.Tyme 7:51 PM - 21 May, 2012
I feel the same way as do dj profitt. I use itch and vdj but the more numark/serato drag azz on this issue. I just continue to use vdj
DJ Profitt 1:20 PM - 23 May, 2012
@DJ.Tyme - right, and with VDJ coming out with a revamped version 8, I'm curious to see what improvements are being made, to be honest, I like that you can customize VDJ so much, and until I can see only two decks on Serato Itch, I have to use VDJ
DJ.Tyme 5:38 PM - 23 May, 2012
Wow were in the same boat im looking at vdj website everyday to see good news on version 8 as well and yup i configure vdj just how i like it many,many options
DJ Profitt 5:43 PM - 23 May, 2012
Right, I saw video showing the 60% completed version, but didn't get to hear it. Some things were over the top, I was just hoping for better sound engine and better Mac support
acemc 7:49 PM - 23 May, 2012
I've only just joined this forum, in particular to ask how to change my display to 2 decks,
Now I find this thread. I must say that I'm shocked beyond belief!!!
This IS as simple as it sounds, hide the 2 decks when not in use. Or give us a full screen browser.
Each time I need my browser I have to scroll through 3 different display modes to get there & back. I was even more surprised to realize that there are no mapping options at all.
With Serato, you can't really test the software until you buy the hardware. So you buy the hardware only to realize that you aren't given any options at all in the software.
I was under the impression Serato was "THE" software to use. It must be the timecode side of things that has given it all the hype it has. I just can't understand this.......
How does giving the customer zero options equate to a great software?
I'll have to stick with Traktor until Serato get up to speed. I'm very disappointed!
I soooo wish I had waited for the 4-Trak instead of the NS6.
Glug, glug, glug........ cash down the drain. :(
phatbob 8:21 PM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:

Each time I need my browser I have to scroll through 3 different display modes to get there & back.

Or you could hit the spacebar.

Not only did you fail to research an expensive product before buying it, you failed to read the manual when you did.

Well done.
DJ.Tyme 8:27 PM - 23 May, 2012
@ acemc for now just use vdj like alot of us have which works really well to be honest
acemc 1:55 AM - 24 May, 2012
@phatbob - I actually did research the product, sadly after all the googling & review reading, not once did I come across an article / review that stated that I needed three button presses to get to a decent sized on screen library and then another 3 presses to get back to the view I was currently in. Also no real mention of being stuck with 4 decks on screen continuously.
What I should've done more researched on was ITCH. Scratch live allows mapping, not Itch???
Wrt reading the manual, well - I actually did that too, but If I wanted to play with my keyboard I wouldn't have got a controller to start with. Your profile pic leads me to believe you like to press buttons, so the space bar obviously works for you. I actually appreciate constructive answers based on fact and not assumptions, right now you're "assuming" like a phatC*NT! WELL DONE!!

@DJ.Tyme - Thanks for your input, I actually already have Traktor Pro 2.
but the platter response with NS6 sucks. I'll give vdj demo a try.
Danger 8:01 PM - 11 June, 2012
8 months and no progression on this issue? I don't feel I'm getting much 'support' here.. I'm bustin' my ass nightly in the clubs to get my dollar and you guys can't get off your butt and figure out how to code a new view mode? I've spent over 5k on Serato equipment over the years, time to throw some love out already! This is absurd, man.
dj lashes 5:27 AM - 12 June, 2012
Quote:
8 months and no progression on this issue? I don't feel I'm getting much 'support' here.. I'm bustin' my ass nightly in the clubs to get my dollar and you guys can't get off your butt and figure out how to code a new view mode? I've spent over 5k on Serato equipment over the years, time to throw some love out already! This is absurd, man.

I feel u bro ive been saying that here for the longest...
blackdan 3:28 AM - 13 June, 2012
Just got the NS6 for my brithday ( thanks wife :) ) - 1 vote from me for 2 deck view. In the mean time I'll download Virtual DJ, my mate has that with a pioneer controller and works great.

At present I actually brows my files using windows explorer and drag and drop from explorer to the itch deck directly - but i really shouldn't have to do that.

FIX THE PROBLEM ALREADY!
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:44 AM - 13 June, 2012
Quote:
At present I actually brows my files using windows explorer and drag and drop from explorer to the itch deck directly - but i really shouldn't have to do that.

You could try using the files panel in ITCH to explore your computers drive? We usually also recommend that you import files first in offline, analyze the files, then play them :)
blackdan 6:17 AM - 13 June, 2012
Its way too small, the 4 decks take up the entire screen, i have like 2 cm worth of space for file browsing - now if I could get rid of two of the decks that would be great!

I plugged in a 22inch monitor and the same problem, all it did was blow up the deck sizes and take up the whole screen again. it would be a good feature to be able to manually adjust the size of the decks rather than having to change the view all the time.

For now I have managed to 'extend' my monitor to the external and stretch itch out downwards over the 2 monitors - wont be very helpful when playing out tho.
VinnyBlanc 7:35 PM - 17 June, 2012
SHIFT + VIEW button = Hide decks 3+4. It's that easy.
DJ Snay 5:00 AM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:

VinnyBlanc,

Not sure how you are doing this but I tried your key combo and it does not work on my win7 laptop.. I have updated my Itch version to 2.2.0 and also updated the firmware on my NS6 just to make sure nothing is missing from updates. Still no luck...

Thanks
Snay
Danger 11:25 AM - 19 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

VinnyBlanc,

Not sure how you are doing this but I tried your key combo and it does not work on my win7 laptop.. I have updated my Itch version to 2.2.0 and also updated the firmware on my NS6 just to make sure nothing is missing from updates. Still no luck...

Thanks
Snay

He was offering a suggestion as to how they could implement the new view mode. I can see where you got confused, it's obvious that Serato isn't listening.
VinnyBlanc 1:10 PM - 19 June, 2012
Sorry for the confusion. This is not a supported feature just a suggestion I had.

Imagine if it were that easy though? I'm sure the Traktor guys will get it on the 4Trak before we do though...
djsimonse 1:42 PM - 19 June, 2012
I have a dream solution (in my mind) for this problem.

- A great solution to this would be, that when you switch a channel from PC to Line/Mic, that channel should disappear on the screen. And back again when you switch back to PC on a channel. Fantastic if you use Stack display mode.

So, who's with me?!

Check my old and closed thread here: serato.com
Ben-i 10:39 PM - 19 June, 2012
Now this are 7 Month from first thread.

Serato & Numark are kidding us.

No Bugfixing for the 2/4 Deck Problem within 7 Months?

Is there only 1 coder working or did you ever work on this problem?

It´s like a clown-show. You like to be one of the world leading DJ-Software?
Haha - VirtualDJ will be the second best after Traktor.

Just look at Martin Lightning... They where the world leading company for lightning Products...
But they where chilling on their products and now they aren´t in top10 Lightning Company´s anymore.

Keep up - faling is easier then rising..

... Sorry for my bad english but i´m very angry!
First i used a Windows based Laptop with VDJ - It worked fine for years.
Then i buyed :( the NS6 - I had big problems with my Windows (15", Core I-5, 8GB RAM) Laptop with cue Points and latency.
Now i´ve buyed a Macbook Pro 13" and get this screen Problem...

Get the problem fixed fast or i will sell mx NS6 and will never buy a Numark or Serato Product.

- I think i´m not alone with my thoughts...
Rusha 11:31 PM - 19 June, 2012
I absolutely agree with Ben-i. It's more Importanz to Silbe this bug (yes it is a bug!) than spend your ressources in redesigning your website! You have many unsolved problems in ITCH but you aren't able to solve one if them since months. I dont like Traktor but as a Professional dj you Must have trust in your equipment. Traktor did not habe this problems. So wake up serato!
Ben-i 10:18 AM - 20 June, 2012
Haha!

Here is my Question and the answer from Serato "Support":

Ben-i 9:00 PM - 19 June, 2012
I dont need 4 Decks to play. The problem is: I use a 13" Macbook pro and cant see Waveforms, Browser and Effect Section at once. I always have to switch the view to toggle between Browser and Waveforms.

If i like to change effects, i have to use the mouse or touchpad to get effect section.

When i change the "view", the effect section will be lost till i click it again with mouse or touchpad.

Thats not accectable. Why are the 4 Decks always there and there´s no option to change between 2 and 4 Decks?

Please tell me when you will do an update to switch between decks because it´s not possible to work fine with this issue...

Thanks in advance and brgds.

Scott S 1:14 AM - 20 June, 2012
Hi there Ben-i,

The reason why there is 4 decks on ITCH when you plug in the NS6, is because there are 4 decks on the NS6. ITCH reads the controller you have plugged in and bases its interface off that.

There is no way to only use '2 deck mode' on a 4 deck controller. As the 4 decks are always available on the controller. If you were in 2 deck mode and you pressed the button for the 3rd or 4th deck on the NS6, ITCH would most likely crash.

If you need a lot of lines in the library view, then make sure the library view mode is on the 'track only' view (furthest left view option) and the furthest left Waveform/deck view is selected. This will allow you to see the most of your library with the 4 decks.

Sorry that this has caused you an inconvenience, but this is how ITCH has been designed to work with the controllers. We base our GUI off of a Macbook Pro 13" screen as well (we all have them in the Serato offices), so it is not "impossible" to use.

Hope this clears things up!
Cheers :)

The Original Post is here: serato.com

Dear Communitiy,

there will never be an "update" to the 4-Deck Problem !!!
No one is working on it.
- Thats what the answer from Serato seems like.

I will sell my NS6 on Ebay now and I will never ever buy a Serato or Numark Product anymore.
Thats no Support, thats fake to the crowd!
Ben-i 10:30 AM - 20 June, 2012
And my reply in the other thread:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
------
Ben-i 12:29 PM - 20 June, 2012
Hi there,

thats very sadly because in this thread: serato.com
comes an update for this problem since 7 Month.

Dera Serato,
please call VDJ and ask for the GUI they use. There´s no Problem to change Resolution or switching between 2-6 Decks.

It´s very bad that your college tells the crowd since 7 Month that an update will come.
Here in Germany we call that a "lie".

Now i will sell my NS6 because i dont like a controller wich is not "impossible" to use.

I like to have equipment wich i can use for daily gigs, without thinking about usability.

That´s it.
Quote· Permalink
Rusha 11:30 AM - 20 June, 2012
Thanks god my NS7 works with MB Pro 13" Ivy Bridge...

What shall a NS6-User do? Buy a MacBook Pro 17"? No longer available. Buying 15" Retina? Is it compatible with Itch? So why cant we use a 13" MacBook Pro?
I dont like VDJ but they developed a Software which is usable with every configuration.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 3:17 AM - 21 June, 2012
Hey guys,

Just to clarify here : What Scott means is that the way it works now is that the hardware dictates the interface in terms of the number of decks you see. If you have a NS6 you see four. That's how ITCH works.

Is Serato going to add a two-deck view for four-deck ITCH controllers? I can't say 'yes' for 100% sure but we are definitely looking into it. We would very much like to and hopefully can. I have been clear about this already in this thread so I apologize if I was misunderstood :)
blackdan 5:50 AM - 23 June, 2012
2 easy fixes

1. allow the individual components in the view windows to be resized so that it can be made smaller based on what the user needs

or

2. allow the decks to be minimized so that they are still there, but if you click the minimize button it just shrinks it so you only see a very thin wavform and don't see all the pitch info etc...
acemc 7:53 AM - 23 June, 2012
I agree totally with blackdan.
Please stop making excuses & just make an effort to address the issues.
Saying this is not a priority frustrates me because the way the software is right now renders it unbearable to use. It's over 8 months of customers begging you to give a usable interface.
What The F..CK is the problem????? Is Serato so lame that they can't even tweak their own gui?
Or... don't you give a shit, now that you have our money!
Serato you are absolutely pathetic!
Danger 6:09 PM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:
2 easy fixes

1. allow the individual components in the view windows to be resized so that it can be made smaller based on what the user needs

or

2. allow the decks to be minimized so that they are still there, but if you click the minimize button it just shrinks it so you only see a very thin wavform and don't see all the pitch info etc...

Exactly, just hiding them is all we care about, I understand that the hardware dictates the view, that's fine, keep them there just offer a way to get them out of sight. Not that big of a deal.
dj lashes 8:18 PM - 23 June, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
2 easy fixes

or

Exactly, just hiding them is all we care about, I understand that the hardware dictates the view, that's fine, keep them there just offer a way to get them out of sight. Not that big of a deal.

+1
Tenor 12:38 PM - 24 June, 2012
Quote:
I have a dream solution (in my mind) for this problem.

- A great solution to this would be, that when you switch a channel from PC to Line/Mic, that channel should disappear on the screen. And back again when you switch back to PC on a channel. Fantastic if you use Stack display mode.

So, who's with me?!

Check my old and closed thread here: serato.com

This is an excellent solution IMO! I think Numark would have to incorporate this.
dj lashes 2:44 PM - 24 June, 2012
this is a really small problem but is such a big issue for the users "us" and for serato to move so slow to work out a way forward they just keep saying thats just the way it is and we are looking at but only maybe we do some thing about because of the cant tell the people who paid rule!! we cant know what to come around the corner.
ive been using my vci300 sometimes just to not see the 4 decks .... how much longer we gonna wait to see some fix's on many of the problems not even a beta on the board yet total BS.
VinnyBlanc 3:31 PM - 24 June, 2012
I know this isn't practical, but I had a TWITCH for a short while with my NS6...

If you plug both in at once and run ITCH you have full function of your NS6 but with the benefit of the 2 deck view (and slicer).

I'm sure this would work with the VCI300 to.

This leads me to believe it can't be too dificult to implement, heck give us a flash drive that mimics a 2 deck controller to override the GUI.

Note: Did anyone think of what would happen if the Bridge was released for Itch...NS6 users would be done for.... 4 Deck / Ableton plugin = no library view
dj lashes 5:59 PM - 24 June, 2012
Quote:
Note: Did anyone think of what would happen if the Bridge was released for Itch...NS6 users would be done for.... 4 Deck / Ableton plugin = no library view

lol again lol and again lolololol wake up serato
signs 8:24 AM - 25 June, 2012
The Bridge would be great… I'm still waiting for it. :(
Trumbot 9:29 AM - 26 June, 2012
Just doing my usual checking in on this thread...

aaaand nothing's changed since November.
DJ.Tyme 12:23 PM - 26 June, 2012
@ trumbot i feel you 100% on this matter
VinnyBlanc 2:46 PM - 26 June, 2012
Better Yet Just combine SSL / Itch into one new hybrid software and leave DJ Intro as a Serato LE software with an upgrade path to the newer Pro Software.

There would still be Serato certified Controllers, but they would be cheaper because the built in licensing fee (for ITCH) would no longer be stacked on top of the price of the controller. RANE would still make out because the controller would be utilized in conjunction with the SL1/2/3/4 Dongle.

Itch Users would instantly have the bridge and Midi Mapping. SSL Users would instantly be able to SYNC the SP6 to their decks...

..and these Forums go quiet...

..then I woke up..
VinnyBlanc 2:48 PM - 28 June, 2012
I sware if these VCI-380 users get their looping fixed before I get a 2 deck view its going to be on...
dj lashes 8:17 PM - 28 June, 2012
Quote:
I sware if these VCI-380 users get their looping fixed before I get a 2 deck view its going to be on...

+1
spacecowboy123dallas 4:48 PM - 7 July, 2012
NEW VERSION OF ITCH

CRAP !!! I have the NS7 and loved it. Needed a light version for mobile work. Bought a NS6.

Not being able to shut off these two extra decks is driving me nuts, and I want the SYNC like other software and how it used to be. I just want it to match the BPMs for the deck i press it on. Not stay on. I press it and it performs the simple task of speeding up or slowing down the BPM to match the other deck. I can match my own beats. NOT ASKING FOR MUCH SERATO.

Geeeeeeezzz. just fix it. I am using virtual DJ more and more becuase i can switch between 2 decks or 4, and i can set the sync to just match BPMs when i want it to.

Unless i am mistaken currently there is no way to shut off 4 decks to 2 ? I guess I am forced to used VDJ.
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:21 AM - 8 July, 2012
spacecowboy123dallas, have you tried using the "Simple Sync" option in the setup rather than "Smart Sync?"
signs 10:48 AM - 8 July, 2012
... Simple Sync isn't available with the NS-6
spacecowboy123dallas 6:40 PM - 8 July, 2012
I guess they have not made a change to itch 2.2. this really drives me nuts. How freaking hard could it be to allow you to switch to 2 deck mode. i would give up the two other digital decks. i just use them for spare line ins.

I have messed with the sync on this ns6 thing and its really over complicated.

The way i wish Sync could be set up. Pressing sync on the deck would move that decks bpm only to match the other decks bpm. Thats all it would do. One pres it moves the BPM to match the other deck. even if it matched the bpm and beat grid at the same time thats fine, but only when the button is pressed. Most of the time unless your beat grids are perfect, you will not get a matched beat. I can match the beats up perfect myself. I really just like the being able to press the button and have the BPM adjusted one time when i press it. Its such a minor thing to do it by hand, but i like to free myself up to think about what songs I want to go to next, or get my beats in order quickly. Virtual DJ can do this, but I like the color waveforms of Serato.

Is there a way I can use the NS7 version of itch on my NS6 ?
signs 9:01 PM - 8 July, 2012
I Love SmartSync!!! It's great. But it's not usefull for all kinds of Music.

I don't use it that much. Only for Minimal and "3Deck+" mixing. But most time (in normal Club area) i only Need 2 Decks.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:41 PM - 8 July, 2012
My apologies, Smart Sync is the only available option for 4 deck controllers, simply because of the way Simple Sync mode works, it would be a bit different to implement for a 4 deck controller.

2 deck mode would definitely allow Simple Sync to be used though, I agree.
irieproductions 12:48 AM - 9 July, 2012
i rescanned my entire library without the "set beatgrid" option checked. that basically forces simple sync behavior, your loops dont depend on the grids, etc, i love it. You gotta love when Serato forces any kind of behavior on your controllers because thats what "it should do" in their opinion, fortunately workarounds exist!
irieproductions 12:51 AM - 9 July, 2012
and regarding 2 deck view, count me on that one, i've been away from the forums for a while because theres no news of major updates everytime i visit this site.

I have gotten used to mixing without the waveforms, fortunately there is a "no waveform" view, not ideal but is an option otherwise my library is 3 lines lol.
spliffstarz 1:56 AM - 9 July, 2012
Guys what are we complaining about....we already bought the product based on the 'great' marketing advertisement. and now that serato got our money...its F*** US....all i've been hearing is "we are aware..." , "its on our list to do"....blah blah blah....

i mean come on...a simple toggle for the GUI is not that serious...there are rookie geeks over on the Virtual DJ forums that simply design their own skins....so why cant the genius over at serato implement a 2 deck mode when the 3/4 channel is in LINE/MIC .....virtual DJ 's ONLY problem was that the sound quality sucked compared to serato...BUT GUESS WHAT......virtual Dj 8 promises that it was worked on and will be crisp and hi-fi...serato watch out....your CUSTOMERS ARE TELLING YOU WHAT WE NEED AND WANT.....if VDJ8 does have a 24 bit sound quality with high resolution platter response and sound like they promise...guess what....Im a license VDJ user also so im due for an upgrade and its bye bye serato...and why would i give up serato for VDJ..is simply because now VDJ got everything serato has PLUSSS have the optional 2 deck mode for my NS6....that's for not listening serato team...i wrote all of this for no reason.
spliffstarz 2:00 AM - 9 July, 2012
Guys what are we complaining about....we already bought the product based on the 'great' marketing advertisement. and now that serato got our money...its F*** US....all i've been hearing is "we are aware..." , "its on our list to do"....blah blah blah....

i mean come on...a simple toggle for the GUI is not that serious...there are rookie geeks over on the Virtual DJ forums that simply design their own skins....so why cant the genius over at serato implement a 2 deck mode when the 3/4 channel is in LINE/MIC .....virtual DJ 's ONLY problem was that the sound quality sucked compared to serato...BUT GUESS WHAT......virtual Dj 8 promises that it was worked on and will be crisp and hi-fi...serato watch out....your CUSTOMERS ARE TELLING YOU WHAT WE NEED AND WANT.....if VDJ8 does have a 24 bit sound quality with high resolution platter response and sound like they promise...guess what....Im a license VDJ user also so im due for an upgrade and its bye bye serato...and why would i give up serato for VDJ..is simply because now VDJ got everything serato has PLUSSS have the optional 2 deck mode for my NS6....thanks for not listening serato team...i wrote all of this for no reason.
signal2noise 5:41 PM - 16 July, 2012
Wow !
Bought my NS6 three weeks ago and this is the sole issue I have with it
Found this thread hoping it would have an answer only to realise this has been going on since Nov 2011 !!
I refuse to believe that this could be that difficult to implement !!!
signs 1:03 PM - 17 July, 2012
Check this Thread out:
serato.com

Scott S told us a bit more
dj-nice 1:44 PM - 17 July, 2012
Serato wont earn even more money if they implement a 2 deck view for 4-deck-controllers. So why should they spent al lot of time & money for that (btw. most whished) feature?

Dream on guys.....

i tried to use t a 2-deck-controller (Denon 5000) and a 4-deck-contoller (Xone) like VinnyBlanc suggest at same time. serato.com

This looks good, but wont work for me as expected.
signs 4:23 PM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:

wow that screen shot is impressive dude:)

Thank's. I think that would be how we want it to be?
djemdub 8:07 PM - 17 July, 2012
They would hit gold if they made it like that
DJ.Tyme 8:42 PM - 17 July, 2012
I wish something would hit the market soon. My ns7 is getting to heavy to lug around and i see to much headache buying the ns6 right now. Plus im from the old school (TT) so spinning platters is a must
signs 9:51 PM - 17 July, 2012
Quote:
They would hit gold if they made it like that

@ djemdub
Do you mean my "Screenshots"?
djemdub 10:24 PM - 18 July, 2012
Yes!!I WISH I would have that on my screen while running itch!
djvuuk 4:26 AM - 19 July, 2012
Ran out of patience, I've said bye bye to my ns6 today, sold it on CL. I feel so bad that I sold my NS7 in order to get NS6. I'm gonna stick to pair of my V7's for now.
DJ.Tyme 12:48 PM - 19 July, 2012
Ive been on the fence about selling my ns7 & buying the ns6 but after reading all this? No way no how
daws 2:40 PM - 23 July, 2012
i will be moving to cdjs if this isn't addressed by the end of the year
dj lashes 7:38 PM - 23 July, 2012
i dont have an issue with the 4 decks i do use them but what i hate is the way team itch just does what they like as if we never spent our money... day by day itch is getting a bad name just because they act like way is best when we are the users???
djemdub 8:03 PM - 23 July, 2012
Quote:
i dont have an issue with the 4 decks i do use them but what i hate is the way team itch just does what they like as if we never spent our money... day by day itch is getting a bad name just because they act like way is best when we are the users???

+1

At the moment, the 4 deck view isnt the biggest issue of mine and thats because i have a 15.6" laptop, but i've been wanting to upgrade to a laptop with a smaller screen for portability reasons.
Not being able to have a viewing option that has 2 full decks, and 2 minimized decks is one of the main reasons why i havent bought my new laptop. I cant imagine 4 decks on a 13 or 14 inch laptop. Especially if i decide to do video. And switching between deck view and library view gets annoying!

Quote:
i will be moving to cdjs if this isn't addressed by the end of the year

i will give them to the end of the year as well(and that's being lenient considering this has been a known issue since the ns6 was released), but im not sure i can afford cdjs. Though, i will be looking for another djing solution, maybe one that doesnt involve itch at all.
dj lashes 7:24 PM - 24 July, 2012
Quote:
and that's being lenient

more like lenientttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
edilollo 12:21 AM - 19 September, 2012
I had bought my NS6 about 6 month ago and because of the 4 layer option I had left it in the box and never used it ,,,,,,I hate the fact I can not switch to only two layer controller, Using my NS6 in 4 layer mode kill the space for my music view and and its very enjoying to have to switch view every time i need to look at my music ,,,, IT SUCKS ,,, At this point I have a 1000 dollar peace of equipment laying around I never use ,,, I am going to put it up for sale on Ebay and take a lose. I am very disappointed in this product and will never buy another peace of equipment/software from Numark/Serato ever again.
dj-freestyle 12:25 AM - 19 September, 2012
ummmm you have 2 deck control now. seriously , you have 2 deck view
dj-freestyle 12:25 AM - 19 September, 2012
download the beta. pretty 2 deck view
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:47 AM - 19 September, 2012
Link to the ITCH 2.2.2 beta which contains 2 deck view: serato.com

This should be final release very soon :)
dj-freestyle 12:54 AM - 19 September, 2012
Thanks martin , i should have just done that lol lol
Danger 1:25 AM - 19 September, 2012
I will say thank you first:
Thank you.

Now for my disappointment...
Seriously? It took a YEAR to do this?
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:57 AM - 19 September, 2012
Its not that it actually took a year to do this, its that other things always took priority over it.

There were a few complications and questions surrounding on how to implement it for best usability too. We do have plans to try and further improve it in the future also, but its great the feedback is mostly positive so far :)
spliffstarz 12:54 PM - 19 September, 2012
how about a view like scraTCH live with the left and right platter...and the vertical beat matcher and audio wave form in the center...with the bpm/tempo alignment tool at the top (horizontal), and have the beat matcher in the center together, and the color waveform on the outer ends of the beat matcher thingy
spliffstarz 2:20 PM - 19 September, 2012
Haha....christmas is around the corner....serato already tore the gift wrap a bit with the beta version...so let's try to get all the wishes out until christmas...;) why not
dj-freestyle 3:24 PM - 19 September, 2012
If you go into itch you can change were the wave forms are with the platters.
signal2noise 12:03 AM - 27 September, 2012
First of all thanks for the 2 Deck view but is it just me or is the History Window still pretty useless compared to Scratch Live ?
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:08 AM - 27 September, 2012
In what way is that?
signal2noise 12:32 AM - 27 September, 2012
I don't see as many tracks in the window as I used to in Scratch Live ; I thought the reason for this was because there was no 2 deck view; however even with the two deck view available now this window is still very small and I can only about one track ?
Unless there is some way to make this larger that I have missed ?
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:40 AM - 27 September, 2012
I agree, History is fairly unusable in horizontal display mode and stack mode, but in Library Display, Classic Vertical and 2 deck mode, you can expand the history panel by clicking and holding on those 3 dots and then dragging.
DJ Rkade 10:17 PM - 2 October, 2012
I have the latest version 2.2 ... where is the 2 deck view option for NS6?
VinnyBlanc 10:30 PM - 2 October, 2012
It is in the top left corner with the other view buttons. You can't cycle through to it from the view button on the ns6.
dj-freestyle 2:20 AM - 3 October, 2012
Well goodbye itch lol lol
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:30 AM - 3 October, 2012
Shouldn't that be hello Serato DJ? ;)
dj-freestyle 4:17 PM - 3 October, 2012
@samual, ive been djing 20 plus and havent been this excited for a software and controller in a long time. that new pioneer controller is causing me to stay up at night thinking of new tricks and stuff. i cant wait. pre order here we come.
signal2noise 6:06 PM - 8 October, 2012
Quote:
I agree, History is fairly unusable in horizontal display mode and stack mode, but in Library Display, Classic Vertical and 2 deck mode, you can expand the history panel by clicking and holding on those 3 dots and then dragging.

Ok got that sorted.
I'm a happy camper again

Thanks !!
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:46 PM - 8 October, 2012
Great :)
pictureBigger 9:34 PM - 10 October, 2012
i was going to post a similar question about the 4 deck GUI interface, but i'm curious if anyone on here can answer also...

can the deck list be rearranged? i took a crack at 4 decks for the first time and found it incredibly confusing that deck 3 was first in the list, then deck 1, then deck 2 and then 4. i understand the methodology behind it when you understand with the ns6 hardware, but damn it would be ideal if i could just sort them in order in ITCH if i choose.

perhaps this is more of a newbie feature request (i will no doubt just get used to it), but i found myself cueing the wrong decks over and over and over again. navigating 4 decks on the ns6 was simple, i just kept screwing myself by navigating to the wrong one based on the visual representation in the software
pictureBigger 9:38 PM - 10 October, 2012
it was exactly like pressing down to look up on a ps3 game.

maybe an inversion option for itch? deck 1/3 & 2/4 display or "inverted" 1/2 & 3/4 display

for the record, i had whatever interface running that lists all 4 on top of each other. maybe there's another one that has what i'm talking about. i'm 1 week old, forgive me if so
dj-freestyle 10:16 PM - 10 October, 2012
With the ns6 i never had a issue being confused. it seemed very normal and all you had to do was look at the controller to see what deck you were in. I loved my ns6. Great controller
acemc 9:06 PM - 20 October, 2012
I also absolutely love my NS6, but I'm starting to get BAD Pio DDJ-SX cravings! I just want to see the jog wheels in action before I kiss my beloved NS6 goodbye.
pictureBigger 5:40 PM - 25 October, 2012
again, i had no issue on the controller itself.

it was the software on the screen, when i was loading tracks. deck 3 would need a new track (listed 2nd in the list on the screen) and i'd load deck 2 on the controller and kill a song in the middle of it. OOPS

i too love my ns6. great buy
signs 6:20 PM - 25 October, 2012
Quote:
it was the software on the screen, when i was loading tracks. deck 3 would need a new track (listed 2nd in the list on the screen) and i'd load deck 2 on the controller and kill a song in the middle of it. OOPS

That's why there is a "Lock playing Deck" Option ;)
dj-freestyle 6:24 PM - 25 October, 2012
exactly. love the lock playing deck feature for 4 deck controllers. come in handy
dj-freestyle 6:25 PM - 25 October, 2012
and control z. puts last song back to spot you were playing. great feature
pictureBigger 6:48 PM - 25 October, 2012
lol ctrl-z. "undo". clever

now if i can just figure out wtf to ever cue on the other 2 decks...

thanks for the tips. will definitely help.
DJ Kaotika 4:01 AM - 5 November, 2012
well i just downloaded to new 2.2.2 verson of itch for my ns6. I can't switch to two decks nor see a box in the top left anywhere to change it. I got a new icon on my desktop that i can open now and i assume thats the new 2.2.2 because i have a video crate now. Also with that said does anybody know where i can get a code for video? Worth a shot being as i downloaded the 1.1 but it won't work without code. Heres my email for private use of that if possible. djkaotika@gmail.com
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:25 AM - 5 November, 2012
Hey DJ Kaotika,

You can purchase a license for Serato Video from here: store.serato.com

You should also be able to click on a button in the setup screen that will take you to the product page.

Also, the 2 deck view should be in the same area the other views are. If you want to double check what version you are running, you can go into setup and check the bottom left hand corner.

If you are still having issues, I would recommend starting a help request in the help area so someone can assist you individually. Alternatively, email support@serato.com, this is probably the best way to to get help with issues regarding licenses.
Ragman 4:35 AM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
[...] Also with that said does anybody know where i can get a code for video? Worth a shot being as i downloaded the 1.1 but it won't work without code. Heres my email for private use of that if possible. djkaotika@gmail.com

Hell naw. LOL! You got some ballz my friend. Asking for a code on the Serato website. And then giving out your personal email address. Why don't you throw in your street address and SSN. LMAO.
DJ Kaotika 9:06 AM - 5 November, 2012
Im not worried of that considering the money i have silly guy. I was saying because i didn't know you had to purchase it. I I thought it was free I just wasn't getting it because i went in through tbe serato link above that where it states it's free. Even downloaded something that used Quicktime install too. I thought i was doing something wrong. Been running the original itch till now my friend.
DJ Kaotika 9:08 AM - 5 November, 2012
And by the way thanks for the help you gave.. You gave nothing but you 2 cents.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:01 AM - 5 November, 2012
You can download it and use it in demo mode, but to remove the watermark on the output window and to be able to full screen the output window, you need to purchase the license.

Otherwise, generally speaking it isn't free, however it has been recently bundled with the new Pioneer DDJ-SX controller, and we have done the same with Vestax hardware in the past too.
Ragman 3:29 PM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
And by the way thanks for the help you gave.. You gave nothing but you 2 cents.

Yeah I apologize. I didn't realize you were just ignorant to the fact. But you statement sounded pretty fishy upon first reading it.
DJ Kaotika 5:58 PM - 5 November, 2012
Me posting something in a forum to reach out for help doesn't make me ignorant you douch bag!! Your a sorry excuse for human life, you prick.. I'm a turntabalist and the controller aspect is new to me.
DJ Kaotika 6:01 PM - 5 November, 2012
And by the way, thanks Martin for using the forum to respond and help someone who ask questions and not be a prick.
djemdub 6:06 PM - 5 November, 2012
Quote:
Me posting something in a forum to reach out for help doesn't make me ignorant you douch bag!! Your a sorry excuse for human life, you prick.. I'm a turntabalist and the controller aspect is new to me.

I don't believe he said ignorant to offend you.do you know what ignorant means?its means lacking in knowledge.you were not aware that Serato video was not free.therefore you lacked the knowledge of knowing that. Hence, you were ignorant to the subject. No need to get your panties in a bunch and start offending people over a forum dude. Chill.
DJ Kaotika 6:18 PM - 5 November, 2012
My apologies if that's the case but he never tried to help from the very beginning.. If your not willing to give any information on the subject at hand then keep your mouth shut. If I read something and take it the wrong way I'm not gonna ignore the fact you need help.. I'm gonna ask what you meant and try to help not give you my smart as remarks.
Ragman 7:45 PM - 5 November, 2012
@DJ Kaotika
djemdub hit it on the head bro. I've been ignorant to a lot of things in life. Not a bad thing or a good thing. Just a reason for not knowing something. So the apology was sincere.

Peace!

PS - You're right I could have assisted instead of assuming. I'm a work in progress.
DJ Kaotika 10:17 PM - 5 November, 2012
Haha!!! Sawgood mang.. You guys keep it rock'n the decks! Ever in Charlotte hit me up on the email and we'll throw down at my club. Still don't know why I'm not seeing 2-4 deck control. The gotta have the right 2.2.2 because it shows a video crate in blue that was never there.. Oh well hopefully I'll get it.
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:34 PM - 5 November, 2012
Hey DJ Kaotika,

Can you confirm the following please:

Quote:
Also, the 2 deck view should be in the same area the other views are. If you want to double check what version you are running, you can go into setup and check the bottom left hand corner.

As I said above if you are still having issues, I would recommend starting a help request in the help area so someone can assist you individually. Alternatively, email support@serato.com, this is probably the best way to to get help with issues regarding licenses.
acemc 11:42 PM - 5 November, 2012
Also note that the 2-deck view is not available through the hardware (controller) "view" button. You actually have to click on it with the mouse/trackpad...... well that's how it works on the NS6 anyway.
DJ Kaotika 11:46 PM - 5 November, 2012
Well It's working now.. I have two deck control box and video box up there now.. Not sure what it was but thanks from everyone who responded and helped out..
pictureBigger 1:22 AM - 6 November, 2012
turntablist: one who has mastered the art of the unknown noun known as turntablism
Dj Wilkie 7:16 PM - 13 February, 2013
Has there still been no solution to this issue?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:25 PM - 13 February, 2013
The latest version of ITCH contains a 2 deck view for the NS6. Is this what you are referring to?
Dj Wilkie 8:44 PM - 13 February, 2013
How do I access that feature?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 8:53 PM - 13 February, 2013
At the top left hand corner of the screen you will find the view mode buttons. To switch to 2 deck view click the far right hand button.
GAETAN 6:31 PM - 27 October, 2014
my serato dj 1.7 is not working on my cdj 850- k ....why????????
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 6:50 PM - 27 October, 2014
Hey GAETAN,

I'd go here for support: support.serato.com

We can find out what's going wrong for you and help out.

Sam.