Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-In General Discussion

Talk about Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-in.

Pitch and Time shifting DVD audio discs

metzeng 5:20 PM - 25 October, 2005
Hello Forum members:

I need software that allows me to do pitch and time shifting and must support the playback of the 24-bit 96kHz two channel tracks of DVD-Audio discs. However, unlike Serato’s Pitch n’ Time and similar products, this one must do pitch and/or time-shifting of these tracks without the need to first copy them to my pc’s hard drive-which the DVD-A’s copy protection would prohibit. Such software would allow me to make the desired changes (presumably in real time)and output the digital signal to a high-end external DAC. The DAC would then feed the rest of my two-channel sound system. Obviously, I'd prefer a pitch and time shifting program that produces negligible artifacts for audiophile quality. But again, its essential that program can do pitch and time shifting without the need to copy the source material to the hard drive. Please advise.

Thank you,

Gregory Battaglia e-mail: gregorybattaglia@hotmail.com
Serato
dave 3:21 AM - 26 October, 2005
Hi Gregory,

I'm not aware of any program that does pitch shifting and time stretching of DVD audio discs.

- Dave
mexicannnnnn 9:11 PM - 29 December, 2005
Gregory, you would need to look into hardware to do this (which would be pretty expensive).