Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Thank You SSL

The unknown just 12:29 PM - 12 September, 2004
I just wanted to say thank you to SSL for such a great program. I don't know about every one else but SSL works like a dream for me now I work in NY 3 to 4 times a week and since 1113 update I can say I've had a great time working with no problems at all. All my tracks have Bpm's and SSL can see them fine now. I know some DJ's With FS that had problems since they got it but SSL is stable so soon so thank you SSL.
Now I'm ready for the next level here are some thing that I think we can all agree on.

1) FX reverb/echo/lfo/flang & phazer EXT and some cool ones that know one else offers

2) better I-tunes integration

3) BPM Counter with (des) points

4) Seamless looping with in out & reloop

5) Assignable key's

(If any one has any more ideas please add on)

And any way SSL When can we see such goodies ?
Revolutionary 4:19 PM - 12 September, 2004
I believe some of the features you mentioned are coming in 1.2. I think the first one is a little bit far fetched. Would eat up a lot of your CPU.
Serato
Josh 10:16 PM - 12 September, 2004
Can you go into more detail about point no. 2?
DJ White Lightning 10:24 PM - 12 September, 2004
Quote:

Mee too, I think the iTunes integration is nearly perfect.
BassChamber 11:07 PM - 12 September, 2004
mmm i have problems with i-tunes integration. i cant play any track when i sychronize SSL and i-tunes.

i was using an external hard drive but not now. and no matter what im trying, i cant play any track.

any suggestion?
DJ White Lightning 11:33 PM - 12 September, 2004
BassChamber,
I really have no idea what you are saying. Can you eleborate? Is your external hard drive read in iTunes? Do you have it set for that so SSL can see it when checking the XML file?
DJ 3pm 11:43 PM - 12 September, 2004
I have a slight problem with iTunes integration that I think cropped up in one of the SSL updates (didn't pay enough attention to know which one for sure). I'll only comment on this briefly (since this isn't the Help forum, but it is on subject).

I have all my music on an external drive, and I have that external music folder set as my iTunes music directory. Sometimes when I start SSL, my iTunes tracks won't load (red dot to the left of the name). If I quit SSL, launch iTunes, quit iTunes, launch SSL again, then everything works fine. This is a small bug that doesn't bother me much since it doesn't happen everytime and I know an easy work around.

OS 10.3.5, iTunes 4.5, SSL 1113
djpetey 12:01 AM - 13 September, 2004
If ssl ever does auto bpm detection, can that be something that can be turned off? I have my songs all bpmd correctly on the id3 tags and most auto bpm counters arent perfect..... itd be frustrating if any of my correct bpms got changed in ssl.... Just a thought
BassChamber 11:57 AM - 13 September, 2004
yes, my external read in itunes. and some time ago i had my music files in this external hardrive.

but nowadays i have my music files in my laptop hardrive, and i have imported it again to itunes library.

but when i select to import itunes library on SSL, i cant play any track (red dot to the left of the name).

and my tracks are in my laptop hardrive, not in the external one!

it seems like SSL arent able to "refresh" or update the library...
T-One 1:27 PM - 13 September, 2004
I have exactly the same problem with the Itune integration, my files are on an external Drive and sometimes they don't want to load....red dot also to the left of the name.....but the file are there, and if i drag & drop the file from the explorer it's working. I think it'a an Itunes integration problem with SSL!
I've made a video of theis problem in August (v. 1107):
assolsk.free.fr
but i was on hollidays and see that the problem is still on the new version 1113.
Any idea? did you want "Serato Team" my .XML file?
Thanks.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 1:50 AM - 14 September, 2004
Hi Guys. There have been some problems in the past with the non-English versions of iTunes libraries. We have done a lot of work on iTunes integration for the next version, so I would suggest waiting for the next version (We don't have a release date yet, but it isn't far away!), and let us know if you still have problems.
T-One 8:29 AM - 14 September, 2004
Okidok....i will wait for the next version and tell you is it's working with Itunes correctly!
Thanks!
The unknown just 10:02 AM - 14 September, 2004
Quote:

what i mean is that i keep my playlists in a setan order in i-tunes but when im in SSL i have to re organize every time i start up thats it
thank you the unknown just