Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Will ITCH work with already existing hardware?

nik39 9:00 PM - 17 January, 2008
... such as the Vestax VCI-100 controller? Maybe with an external soundcard or something.
Serato
JonathanC 9:16 PM - 17 January, 2008
Hi nik39,

ITCH is very tightly integrated with the hardware with one-to-one hardware to software mapping. At this stage the first brands to announce future ITCH hardware are Numark and Vestax.
nik39 9:27 PM - 17 January, 2008
Okay, so the answer to my previous question is then "no"?
Serato
JonathanC 9:39 PM - 17 January, 2008
That is correct.
DJ Sniffles 11:19 PM - 17 January, 2008
Is this going to hurt relations with Rane, who was pretty much an exclusive partner?
Serato
dave 12:01 AM - 18 January, 2008
Serato is as close as ever with Rane.

We still have a rock solid, exclusive agreement with Rane for Serato Scratch LIVE.

We have also just launched VIDEO-SL, which is distributed by Rane. Check out VIDEO-SL here -> serato.com
digital_steve 12:25 AM - 18 January, 2008
Does the ITCH release mean that Serato aren't going to develop any hardware controller solutions for ScratchLIVE and leave the hardware peripherals to external companies supporting ITCH?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 1:22 AM - 18 January, 2008
We work very closely with Rane on all ScratchLIVE hardware development. ITCH does not change that. As always, we cannot discuss unannounced hardware Rane may or may not be working on.
Serato
Dylan W 1:31 AM - 18 January, 2008
Serato have announced forthcoming support for 3 controllers for Scratch LIVE,
links are here.

www.scratchlive.net

www.scratchlive.net

www.scratchlive.net

ITCH is about an all in one solution whereas Scratch LIVE allows the user to choose their mixer and controllers to create a custom setup.
digital_steve 2:25 AM - 18 January, 2008
Quote:
Serato have announced forthcoming support for 3 controllers for Scratch LIVE,
links are here.

www.scratchlive.net

www.scratchlive.net

www.scratchlive.net

ITCH is about an all in one solution whereas Scratch LIVE allows the user to choose their mixer and controllers to create a custom setup.

My point was that the hardware supported is all 3rd party

Judging from Steve's post, i doubt i'll get the answer i'm looking for :)

Thanks for the feedback
Toby82 11:05 AM - 18 January, 2008
And what about the other way round? Will the ITCH Hardware work with SSL? Of course not the mixing and synch abilities but as a controller?
DJ GaFFle 11:13 AM - 18 January, 2008
Quote:
And what about the other way round? Will the ITCH Hardware work with SSL? Of course not the mixing and synch abilities but as a controller?

...and then IF it works with SSL, will it also work with SSL Video?
nik39 12:00 PM - 18 January, 2008
Crap about the VCI-100 not being supported. I just bough one. Damn.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 3:39 PM - 18 January, 2008
Quote:

Not the software mixing, as you point out, nor the beat sync features, but as a transport controller, yes.
ITCH does not have video support at this point.
LukeSun 5:07 AM - 19 January, 2008
Nik, damn together with me, i bouth also one cvi-100.

Why Serato did not made their own "OEM" Controller (made by vestax or any other manufacturer) ??

I´m sure that the Scratch LIVE Users would feel better if it comes from serato only....
MA3E 3:23 AM - 20 January, 2008
Not the software mixing, as you point out, nor the beat sync features, but as a transport controller, yes.

Transport controller?
DJ MDX 5:54 PM - 20 January, 2008
I feel for you nik39 - I almost bought a VCI-100, I was just waiting for the black one - I guess now I can get the best of both worlds.

ITCH and a VCI-300 ;-)
Stuart Ramdeen 4:48 PM - 24 January, 2008
Looks good. Might even take a trip in March to see it in action.
Is the new Pioneer dual deck thingy supported? They tout it as being able to control Serato software, but make no mention of ITCH.
I would love to see a Serato controller one day.
djmoneyd425 8:37 AM - 25 January, 2008
last i checked serato makes software, not hardware.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 11:30 PM - 28 January, 2008
Quote:
Is the new Pioneer dual deck thingy supported?

No ITCH products have been announced from Pioneer.
cMo 6:18 PM - 31 January, 2008
I also seem to have wasted $500 on the vci-100, but at least the goal will still be accomplished with the 300 & Serato software...
free movi4es 8:24 AM - 17 July, 2019
i dont know man i here the music from step up movie and i want to be DJ!

www.freetodoo.com