Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video for Windows not working.

DJ DV8_Curtis 4:29 AM - 23 May, 2012
I have downloaded the newest version of Serato Itch and just payed $150 to download Serato Video and it won't work. When I open Serato Itch and click video, the Serato Video Output screen pops up and says there is an error and won't work. I've checked all specifications for my computer and it's compatibility and it should work. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
djnak 4:58 AM - 23 May, 2012
I wont say it but you know...cmon you know
DJ DV8_Curtis 5:03 AM - 23 May, 2012
Well apparently I don't.
DJ.WAZZA.AU 5:10 AM - 23 May, 2012
nak was trying to say ...buy a mac...because serato video dont work ( or work like sh*t on P.C )
djnak 5:36 AM - 23 May, 2012
yeah sorry I was being a useless troll...
what are your comp specs, ect
tomatoslice 6:11 AM - 23 May, 2012
what's the cpu and video card on your pc?
skinnyguy 6:54 AM - 23 May, 2012
Sorry but that's the truth. Search the forums and you'll see.
tomatoslice 1:44 PM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
what's the cpu and video card on your pc?

not just the gigahertz, the make and model.
Robb Royale 3:43 PM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
nak was trying to say ...buy a mac...because serato video dont work ( or work like sh*t on P.C )

I'd have to agree. I f'd around for 5 months trying to get SV to work on my HP laptop. The longest I could get it to work was 3 hours before it would crash. So I went out and got me a Mac, and life is good.
tomatoslice 5:07 PM - 23 May, 2012
._____________________________________________________________________
__________________.
Maskrider 7:09 PM - 23 May, 2012
SV = MAC only
DJRemixEnt 7:14 PM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
So I went out and got me a Mac, and life is good.

i'd say that pretty much sums it up...lol
djnak 7:27 PM - 23 May, 2012
trust..when we say this its not to hate on pc's is just a fact that macs are plug and play and pc are NOT
Joshua Carl 8:05 PM - 23 May, 2012
plus they have came out and said that Serato Video will NO LONGER be supporting INTEL GRAPHICS cards.

serato.com

so, while its certainly not mac only..... it def takes a fair amount of PCs out of the running.
DJCarlos. 8:49 PM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:

Yes and Santa Claus exist also.
Hahaha, man that is a myth like "there is no virus on mac..."

Video SL, and know serato video work great on windows.
what is you config specifications.
and graphic card model.

I have been doing video mix with windows over a year and a half.
Not once i have had a crash . (To be honest yers once but it was my fault because i encoded the video on a wrong way...) rest of the time 0 flaws.

Windows 7, icore 5 , 4 gigas ram, nvidia gt 425m 1giga ram.

So just check thaht you have installed the correct drivers as sugested by serato.
haali media splitter
and ffdshow.
DJ DV8_Curtis 9:07 PM - 23 May, 2012
Windows 7, CORE i5, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD 6490m graphics card
Quote:
Quote:

and graphic card model.

Not once i have had a crash . (To be honest yers once but it was my fault because i encoded the video on a wrong way...) rest of the time 0 flaws.

So just check thaht you have installed the correct drivers as sugested by serato.
haali media splitter
and ffdshow.

Windows 7, CORE i5, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD 6490m graphics card
pdidy 9:10 PM - 23 May, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

and graphic card model.

haali media splitter
and ffdshow.

Great, now can i get next weeks Lotto numbers....You seem to be on a luck streak...
Thanks in advance...:)
Joshua Carl 9:17 PM - 23 May, 2012
I ran Serato on a Dell XPS 17 dual core 2.53 nvidea 512 card flawlessly for years.

its certainly possible.
but with PC, the variables are far greater than that of a Mac...
so the Odds of problems is obviously far greater than that on a mac.
macs come in limited configurations.... PC Configs are endless.
DJCarlos. 9:30 PM - 23 May, 2012
leaving aside the comment that dosent help at all (buy a mac trolls)

1 - First of all, have you tried to unistall serato and serato video (maybe a problem during the install)

2 - Have you installed Halli media splitter and ffdshow?

3 - i dont know about ATI radeon cards, on nvidia card there is a place to choose wich graphic card to use with an specific program (in order to save battery )
if you can i recommend forcing radeon graphics card to be used with:
c / program files x86 / serato / scratchlive / scratchlive.exe
and
c/ program files x86 / commonfiles / serato / serato video / seratovideo.exe

questions:
1 - what is exactly the message you have when the video crash?
2 - can you play a video file , only audio without crashing ? (i mean just turn on serato, do not click on the video plugin, load a videosong and just play the audio)
3 - all your videos are encoded the same way? from where , etc..
DJCarlos. 9:34 PM - 23 May, 2012
and please check if you installed Quick time also
DJ DV8_Curtis 9:52 PM - 23 May, 2012
I've tried uninstalling video. Just installed Halli media splitter and ffdshow... not sure if there are certain settings I new to do for those. I'll check on graphics card settings.

1. it says "Seratovideo.exe has stopped working."
2. yes.
3. yes.

By the way, thank you.
DJCarlos. 9:57 PM - 23 May, 2012
i read that for videosl (the old serato video) it was recommended to have a nvida card
and not ati.
i dont know if this changed from serato video.

but it should work ...i guess.
try sending a mail directly to one person of the team.
can you send me a private message, with your email, i will send you a small video that work on my serato video just to check.. you never know.
DJCarlos. 9:58 PM - 23 May, 2012
support@serato.com
DJCarlos. 9:59 PM - 23 May, 2012
tomatoslice 4:12 PM - 24 May, 2012
i'd start a help ticket, Curtis.
tomatoslice 4:13 PM - 24 May, 2012
you may get slower replies but may get better results.
lorenzo flecha 12:15 AM - 19 February, 2013
Buenos dias, eh ingresado en todos los foros posibles y lo encuentro
solucion alguna.
Yo tengo una Notebook Asus, window 7 64 bti. tarjeta grafica Nvidia Geforce 610, 8 gigas de ram. Intel Core i5 2450M. 2.5ghz
El modelo de la notebook es ASUS X53SD RS51
y tengo el Controlador Pioneer DDJ - SX
Uso el formato MP4 720p_H.264.

Al reproducir el primer video, va sin problemas y al realizar la promera mescla comienzan los problemas, la imagen del segundo video no se ve, lo unico que se ve es un parpadeo de pantalla blanca.
Y si mi problema fuera la configuracion de video me gustaria que me envien la configuracion esacta del formato que si funciona correctamente...
O si hay alguna actualizacion o algo similar... me gustaria que me la envien...
Gracias..
Funkytownstopsix 2:43 PM - 21 February, 2013
First let me say if you don't want issues and you want it to work like it was intended buy a Mac.

Second are u sure it's not a dual graphics card if so you must force it to use the Radeon HD. I can do this in my power settings or the ATI graphics interface.

Third for all the PC haters out there I bet money they use PC's more then they do Mac's as a matter of fact I would go as far to say most that use Mac's only use it for Serato Video.

Forth. If you have an intel card your fucked, unless it's a dual graphics like mine.

Fifth Hell yeah it can run on PC and run just as good as a Mac but that happens far and in between I am the Proud owner of one that does. www.vdjbig.com

Sixth if you don't have proper codecs installed for PC and in some cases force it to use directdraw instead of quicktime it will never work well.

Simply put with the PC there are many variables to consider as there are many different manufacturers which means many different issues. I do know for a fact that most video cards that support OpenGL work with serato with no issues. I also know if your not knowledgeable in the PC Realm it could be very hard to make things work and to know if it could work. Yeah you should buy a mac but if your hard head it is a lesson you will have to learn trying PC's,,, that it aint easy being cheessy.... I am hard headed I love my PC's FUNK a mac..... LOL but I use that bad boy all the time just for serato, actually I use my PC more now a days and only use my mac when I want to record using Mix Emergency. If not for that I would be hard pressed to use my mac at all and that REAL TALK.

Also here's a link that I started that may help you. serato.com
tomatoslice 11:37 PM - 21 February, 2013
i use my mac all the time. using it right now.
not too many things i can't do with it.

when i don't use mac;
gaming
Culprit 12:11 AM - 22 February, 2013
more like everything else (lulz)
DJ Quartz 2:30 PM - 23 February, 2013
I saw this same problem on brand new machines out the box Win 7 or Win 8 (not officially supported I know)

I got sick of the BS and having to be a tech instead of focussing on being a DJ and I got a used 15.4 Macbook Pro last Saturday and have been working since.

I have found a couple problems on the Mac side but for setup, I had to say to myself I should have done this YEARS ago.
Culprit 7:37 PM - 23 February, 2013
I heard the main issue is their archaic 32bit coding system us to blame. I ran the latest 64but version of vdj w my old sl1 box and its stable as a rock on pc
Culprit 7:38 PM - 23 February, 2013
Doh 64bit lol
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:54 PM - 23 February, 2013
I will say these guys are right when they say get a Mac. I bought a 15.4 MacBook pro, I7 2.2, 8 gig of ram blah, blah.......... well I just downloaded SSL & SV, plugged in my mixer and SL3 and BOOM!! It just worked!! No tweaking nothing, it just worked. I didn't even analyze my files again.

Now I will say this and I've said it before, if your gonna use a PC just use VDJ. It's a solid program and has waaaay more features then SV hell it even has syphon support on the Mac side!! How long have people been asking for that with SV.......
Code:E 1:30 AM - 24 February, 2013
Quote:
Now I will say this and I've said it before,

Your not the only one.
Quote:
if your gonna use a PC just use VDJ. It's a solid program and has waaaay more features then SV hell it even has syphon support on the Mac side!!

VDJ does some amazing things on the video end with PC's. I used it for years. And so did the guy i battled with for those years. we both did video and The video features on VDJ with a PC kick ass compared to the mac version.
SBDJ 6:28 AM - 24 February, 2013
That balance has been slowly changing and its something I'm still working on. Problem is my to-do list is growing faster than I can code!
DJCarlos. 3:15 PM - 26 February, 2013
Quote:
Buenos dias, eh ingresado en todos los foros posibles y lo encuentro
solucion alguna.
Yo tengo una Notebook Asus, window 7 64 bti. tarjeta grafica Nvidia Geforce 610, 8 gigas de ram. Intel Core i5 2450M. 2.5ghz
El modelo de la notebook es ASUS X53SD RS51
y tengo el Controlador Pioneer DDJ - SX
Uso el formato MP4 720p_H.264..

Abre un help request especialmente para tu tema asi tendras mejores y verdaderas respuestas (y no solo el bendito buy a mac)

Yo uso win7 64b, con una computadora como la tuya sin ningun problema.
solo no tengo el ddj, pero de eso no debe venir.

Fijate en serato en la parte video, si tienes acceso a todos los efectos video o no.
trate de usarla no desactivando aero en windows (contrariamente a lo que dicen algunos, cuando desactivé aero no me funcionaba el programa bien)

Trata de ver si puedes forzar serato y serato video a usar la tarjeta grafica nvidia.
yo lo forcé porque win 7 escoge entre las dos para economisar energia entre otras.