Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Help Converting Videos

PWORD 5:16 PM - 30 December, 2007
Hello All,

I have ripped a dvd and now i have 3 .vob files. Problem is I don't know how to make individual files/chapters. Is there a free program that will help me accomplish this?
DJ Czar 6:33 AM - 31 December, 2007
I'm assuming you're ripping chaptered music video content from Promo Only, ScreenPlay, etc. If you're on a PC, use DVD Decrypter's "IFO Mode" to pick the chapters you want. For every video, you have to select the chapter(s) you want (it's very common for videos nowadays to have "intros" or non-musical movie-like passages in the beginning and end, in that case, a second chapter is usually inserted at the point where the actual music starts) and hit Decrypt. You have to do this for EVERY video manually, unfortunately, but the end result pays off. On the Mac, I believe MacTheRipper might have a similar option, but don't quote me on that. I spin on a Mac myself, but boot into Windows to do most of my video processing. Sadly to this day, there are far more advanced transcoding tools and utilities available for Windows than OS X.
djlordjazz 1:56 PM - 31 December, 2007
Hey people i have been using MAGIX VIDEO EDITOR 12 down load my promoonly dvd to the computer than cut it up quickly and save all the tracks separately then use visual hub to transfer them to mp4 and it works fine and much quicker...
For my pc users...
PWORD 3:11 PM - 31 December, 2007
Okay I will try this when I get home this afternoon....Thank you!